Personal Quest have you ever seen the rain?
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
They worked well together, given a common goal and time to talk things through. In spite of the weather's best attempts to send them packing they had managed to create Remi's vision and get it rooted - literally - to the spot, able to resist wind and waves for the foreseeable future. Holding the sand in place, creating more when it tried to slip away, and creating the sandstone for Remi's stone roots to anchor in left the bard feeling a little drained but warmed by their success, and he started to smile at his companion on the beach before the alchemist drew his attention to Maea.

He turned, seeing the pale-haired girl in her spooky, ragged shawl fighting with the ocean, and his eyes widened at her dismayed snarl. A quick look up and down the beach showed no one else in sight as far as the rain revealed, but the waves around her were dancing unnaturally and he looked over to Remi with concern. "Do you think there are spirits in the ocean here, like there are in the Greatwood?" He remembered what Caiside had told him about being led astray by the odd creatures - sprites? - in those earlier days. There had been the ice sprite in the Halo Fangs, too. It didn't seem implausible to him that Torchline would have its own elemental inhabitants, prone to mischief and trouble.

Jigano started over towards Maea to lend a hand, eyes scanning the waves for any unusual activity in the murky, rain-obscured waters.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
all the things we said when we were younger
As Maea yells out, her magic thrust all around her, the mermaids release their hold with dark laughter. In fact, they instantly return the water to its original temperature, hiding below the surf and making the area around the abandoned seem quite calm. Clearly the reaction they're intending to provoke from the two men who have been alerted is, what? there's nothing here.

'I''ve no idea, though I wouldn't be surprised." The alchemist agreed with a grave nod and shrug towards Jigano. Rising and looking out towards the sea, eyes narrowed, Remi indeed simply saw the waves lapping against each other endlessly. Still, he jogged towards Maea, caring little for how the waves pulled against the legs of his pants. 'Are you alright?' He asked, voice clear of judgement despite the lack of sand in the jar and the seeming lack of nefarious magic users about.

No posting order. Silly gaslighting mermaids.

did it bend or did I break?

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
This time, once both Jigano and Remi had been alerted to her distress and came down to check on her, Maea found her magic to be uninterrupted. A wide area of seafloor was swept clear for her, and she staggered to her feet, hissing as she spun around the glare at the ocean. Save for her own grasp on it, the waters kept churning and frothing in the storm, with nothing and no one there to see or point out.

The look she gave Remi was decidedly peeved, though she tried to reserve the irritation for the real culprits - he'd done nothing wrong, after all - and nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine... Seems I'm either being pranked, or going quite insane." The lack of judgement in him was met with quite a lot of gratitude, and as she let the ocean waves rush back in, Maea quickly dipped down to fill the jar with sand and sea, hoping to drain the water from it and complete her task before anyone could hinder her (again).

"How is your work on the pillar coming along?" she asked, looking between the men; reaching up a hand, she dragged tendrils of wet hair from her face, reluctant to admit she felt a lot better with them around. Had she really just imagined it...?

-----

Maea hurries to fill the jar and dry the sand while the interference is gone. >.>
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
He jogged beside Remi, quickly reaching Maea, but by the time he was close enough to see what the water was doing it had already returned to the storm's usual surf except where Maea herself controlled it. He slowed, letting Remi get closer while he continued to look around. "Pranked, I'd think," he said absently as his gaze roved the sea and then back to the beach, eyes narrowed against the rain. Maea had a good imagination, but he didn't think she was the type to make things up like this.

Her question earned a wry smile as he glanced back at her, tilting his head in confirmation, then reaching up to push sodden bangs back again. "We had some trouble at first, but it seems to be set in place now." All they needed was the sand, and whatever else Remi envisioned for the memorial spot.

Jigano continues to look around to try and spot what he thinks are sprites
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
all the things we said when we were younger
The alchemist took no offence at Maea's initial tone. After the hell he'd been through, things like this hadn't the ability to ruffle his feathers (metaphorical and literal), anymore. "I've been in Torchline the longest and I"m still learning new things about this place every day it seems." He said by way of agreement with Jigano, that Maea's sanity wasn't in question.

Nodding at the Sage's characterisation of their task, Remi watched with a smile as Maea completed her task, the sand appearing quite dry in the jar. "Well...I suppose that's that." He said with a boyish shrug, raking his hands through his curls to relieve some of the water.

"Thanks for helping, even if it did go a bit sideways." He said, not meaning only the rain. With a last look out towards the darkened sea, wondering what it was that might have been interfering, the alchemist shook his head.

Done! Thanks team!

did it bend or did I break?

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.