so familiar a gleam
for Delphia
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
Carry me through this world alive
I feel no more, this suffering
Maea looked at the young woman, saw the glitter in her eyes, heard that haunting laugh that made her want to shiver and hear more at the same time.

"Well... yes, it was. But most others would say to cheer up or want to talk about other subjects that are less heavy." Maea smiled back. A bit surprised to find that she wasn't alone in enjoying these heavy subjects, glad to see she didn't have to keep up some facade of joy and happiness when it's not what she truly felt.

It was quite liberating.

"Do you want to be friends, then?" she laughed, content to find her sentiment shared. "You are very different from other people I've met. I like that, very much."
Bury me in this cold light
I feed the wolf, and shed my skin
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825

She hummed, a hint of laughter edging the tone of it. "Well. My father is the god of death. The closest thing I've to a brother is a spirit collecting god. My mother's family were undertakers. I speak more regularly with ghosts than living people and am most at peace when surrounded by gravestones. So I suppose I do not have a very good perception of gloomy." she said with a bit of a shrug. Maybe this was why Mort worried about her making friends. She wasn't just the child of a god, but enveloped in a world most thought was "gloomy" or "heavy", as Maea put it.

Yet here was a human with a natural calling to the heavier aspects of life, and it was hard for Delphia to look at her without overzealous joy. "If you do not mind having a friend who sees and speaks to dead people then I would like it very much." she said with a hint of a smile in her eyes. But her statement made her head tilt at her curiously. "How so?"
Delphia
when you can't look on the bright side
i will sit with you in the dark
Maea Valair

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
"I don't mind that at all," Maea assured her, almost giddy with delight. "Quite the opposite, in fact. I've had more than one person ask why I prefer the presence of Ludo over the other gods... and I could never understand why they did not. No explain it to anyone's satisfaction." Perhaps it was just that they were similar. Different in color and shape, but cut from the same cloth.

"You... don't strike me as someone who pretends to be someone you are not," she went on to explain. Gazing at the dark-haired girl, Maea's misty eyes were clear and keen, seeming able to see through most layers of protections and defenses, to the core of a being. While not wholly reliable, and prone to being colored with what she wanted to see, it was still a skill that had gotten her this far.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

The corners of her eyes crinkled in amusement. "Ludo represents the end. The unknown. To see them is to see the shadow of death itself. One cannot love Mort as much as it and I do, and be surprised when others are uncomfortable with our presence." she said with a slight shrug. It was rare indeed that a human could put aside that intrinsic fear of the unknown and their own mortality to see the beauty of what death really was.

"Ah, I see." she said, a light chuckle escaping her lips. "I do try not to be anything other than what I am." she agreed, nodding a bit. It was a very human thing to do though, so that it was something Maea found different was no real surprised she supposed.
Delphia
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Both were very apt replies, and Maea turned them over in her mind for quite some time. Letting silence fall in Delphia's presence did not feel uncomfortable at all, so she took her time. A love for the shadow of death, to appreciate the unknown and the very real, without wrapping things up in pretty embellishments...

Perhaps she appreciated the end so much because doing so made it much easier to see the beauty in life, as it was so fleeting? Everything would inevitably end, thus it was precious and dear, and something to be treasured while it lasted. Then honored, once it had gone, but not to be mourned over for too long, as it took focus away from loving what was left. Maea smiled, rather liking this viewpoint.

"Is there anything you would like to ask me?" She turned back to her newes friend after some time, with a new measure of peace in her eyes. "About the mission, or anything else?" After all the questions Maea had asked, offering the chance to return the favor was more than fair.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:

Delphia raised a brow in surprise, glancing over at Maea. Her? Questions? It was rare that someone thought to make room for her to ask what was on her mind. Slowly her expression melted into an adoring gaze. No wonder Ludo liked her so, curteous as she was. "No, but I appreciate the offer. I am sure in time questions will arise." she said, standing at long last. "But I am afraid I must go and prepare for our hunt. Ask the woods to lead you to me at dusk, and they shall part to give you clear passage." she said, before turning to leave.

-FIN
Delphia