[open] Don't hold me down
open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
Carry me through this world alive
I feel no more, this suffering
On her way back from Torchline, Maea decided that if she was already skipping classes and avoiding her responsibilities, she might as well do it properly. The weather was not conductive to exploration and games - a storm was brewing on the horizon, and the wind was bitter, even for someone who didn't really feel the cold - but she was in the mood to linger within the mountains. The wind was welcome, blowing away the scent of salt and sea from her skin, and though the sun was pale, it still shone between the drifting, tattered clouds. Casting shadows all about the ground, in jagged lines and shapes, deeper in some places.

While the bright light and vivid verdant forests of Torchline had captured her interest, she still felt more at home in Halo. Climbing onto the peak of a small elevation, she gazed out over the vast wilderness with something like awe, eyes taking in the stark, fierce beauty of snow and ice, of endless horizons, of looming evergreen trees below, and the barren tundra in the far distance. It did something to her heart, this place. Spoke to her. Touched something deep within her, like cold fingers tugging heartstrings, playing a melody of home. Much like a pair of gray eyes and calloused hands had become, like a small farm in a gray land far away once had been.

Skidding down the other side of the slippery peak, Maea trekked through the deep snow, with no particular path in mind, the only goal to reach the treeline and the forest below her. She ducked under a jagged outcrop of rock, and stepped into the shadow beneath it, let it swallow her...

... and smacked right into a tree, that really had not been in front of her a heartbeat ago. Wincing, she staggered back and clutched her bleeding nose, shocked and bewildered. Turned to stare back at the hill, at the place she had been standing one moment ago.

There was a huge gap in the snow, where her footsteps had ended, and where she now stood.

"... what the fuck?" she asked weakly. Not really expecting an answer.
Bury me in this cold light
I feed the wolf, and shed my skin
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦