[SE] bread
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
It had been a long time since Oliver originally planned to speak with Amalia. Ever since he heard of a bakery, he had plans of visiting. To see what this was about and to enjoy something for once, rather than live in complete fear. There was never a moment that he thought he truly deserved it, though. Why should he spoil himself with cake when he hadn't done anything good? Nor did he have much of a reason to do so.

A reason did come when he heard of recent events. The death of Adam and Peter. Through the grapevine, he discovered that Amalia was close to Adam and so it wasn't a surprise that Oliver wanted to seek her out and learn more about the man. It felt wrong to only have one small memory of the man and Oliver wanted to have a more complete understanding so that he may properly remember the snake he once met.

Stepping into the bakery, he breathed in deep, appreciating the fresh smell of baked goods. Allowing the door to close behind him, his eyes wandered around, taking in the entire place. Hopefully this talk would go fine, that Amalia would be willing to tell him more about Adam. Who knows, maybe he finally deserved a slice of cake.

Amalia
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Oliver isn't the only one to enter. As he opens the door, a vampire gourd follows. It opens its mouth and latches onto the man's ankle. Its teeth, shockingly sharp, tear into the flesh there opening up a nasty wound.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

For my part, I know nothing with any certainty
Ironically, Amalia is making pumpkin soup when Oliver and his accessory come through the door.

The sound of the door opening draws her attention form the large pot upon the stove, from which a tantalizing aroma of denatured gourd proteins rises in a plume of steam. She's just adding more pepper when the commotion rises in the front, causing her to spin around, a greeting dying quickly on her lips as she takes in the somewhat comical scene.

"Welcome to De- Gods' tears, not another one."

She moves swiftly, dipping around the edge of the counter and snatching up her staff. This is far from the first time she's fended off a gourd attack, but they've been particularly vicious this year. With the butt of her staff she gently but firmly prods at the gourd, shoving it off of Oliver's ankle. At the same time she speaks to it both aloud and silently. "You should know better than to come in here, unless you want to join your cousin in the pot. C'mon. I know you're angry, but it's time to go."
but the sight of the stars makes me dream
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
The warm smell of gourd stew was fantastic and made Oliver's stomach grumble- but it looks like that wasn't the only gourd that was about to ram itself into his body. The moment the gourd made contact with his ankle, Oliver's eyes widened and he let out a shrill "FUCK" And looked down at the ground in a panic. It seems that the only person present in the shop, hopefully Amalia, noticed soon enough. He was almost frozen in a panic, trying to figure out how to get the damn thing off of his ankle without risking having some important things completely torn out.

Unlike him, she was extremely calm about all of this, simply walking on over and attempting to shoo it away with her staff. The moment the gourd separated from his ankle, he proceeded to use his telekinesis to fling it as far away as he possibly could, no longer caring about the damn safety of the thing. Amalia may have other intended uses for it, but whatever. Those things have ALWAYS had a thing out for him. While Fangorn wasn't that bad, the thing literally got a high from giving him the creeps. What did he even do to deserve having a fucking pumpkin attack his ankle? NOTHING!
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia

Well, that seems like an unnecessary escalation. Oliver's panic catches Amalia by surprise. His aggressive flinging of the gourd is entirely unexpected; the Shield has to dash to make a proper grab at it, attempting to snatch it out of the air before it can into the cobbles outside. Or the doorframe. "Hey! That isn't necessary." Is the scolding for Oliver or the gourd, which is now attempting to sink its fangs into her arms? It's a little bit unclear.

Thankfully Jyoti takes this moment to swim down from the rafters, sending starlight into the room and soothing overall tensions. Walking past Oliver, she carefully sets the gourd on the ground outside, shooing it off with a push of her magic. "There, go bother someone else. And for you-"

Turning around, hands on her hips, the Shield regards the unexpected guest. "Why don't you sit down and we'll look at that ankle. What, ah, what brings you in today?"
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Okay. Yes, had he gotten carried away? Absolutely. Did he deserve to have Amalia say that to him? Again, absolutely. When under immense stress, Oliver seemed to click on something called the dumbass switch. He was far from the brightest bulb in the world and right now, he sure was doing a fantastic job of making a great first impression. Showing to Amalia that he is terrible in situations where anything bad happens. Great job Oliver, you fucked up in front of one of the most important people in all of Caido.

Speaking of stressful situations, a little helper seemed to swim on down. It was a peculiar creature and one that made Oliver almost completely forget about his ankle, which was now bleeding out on his shoe and the floor. A wave of soothing calmness slowly overcame him and he could feel his heart relaxing and the tension in his body releasing. The voice spoke out again and Oliver turned to look at Amalia, a faint frown on his face. With the gourd seemingly gone, Oliver hobbled his way over to a chair and carefully sat down, glancing down at his ankle and the mess he had created.

"Sorry about the gourd- I kind of just panicked... I've only met one that was a met and he seems to enjoy making me feel uncomfortable." It's so fucking embarrassing and he is once again happy that Amalia cant feel his embarrassment through the attuned bond. "And sorry about the blood- I'll help you clean it up once I'm patched up." It was the least he could do. Maybe it'd help show to her that he was something valuable and worthwhile.

But now he should probably get to why he actually came. "I was hoping you could hopefully answer some of my questions? Also I kind of wanted to possibly get some baked goods too, I've heard you make an amazing cake."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

Amalia makes her way to the small upstairs bathroom while Oliver settles in, gathering some bandages and a one of Evie's poultices to put on the wound. True, her staff should manage most of the damage, but she wants to be thorough. And she appreciates the extra time to compose herself, the adrenaline of rescuing (?) the gourd having worn off a little.

When she returns downstairs he's sitting and talking, his voice carrying well through the small space. Shaking her head dismissively, the Shield places the bandage on the table and the staff back into her hand. "It's alright. They've been extra aggressive this year." Kneeling beside the boy, she gently places the staff above his wound, willing the healing magic to work. "Though after last year... well. It's not their fault. But there's no need to murder them... delicious as they may be. There."

The wound has knit together neatly, only a small scabbing remaining. Sitting back on her heels, Amalia reaches for a bandage to wrap around his ankle, coloring a little at the unexpected praise. "What kind of questions? It's... Oliver, right?"
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The Shield disappears off deep into the shop, causing Oliver's worries to show through on his face momentarily. He really had made a super bad impression in front of someone that he should be working with. It's awful and irreversible, no matter what he did at this point. She soon emerges from the back area and he tries to compose himself, putting on a blank face to hide any of his nervousness.

Amalia brings with her a staff and bandages and then, his ankle is in her hands. Not literally, of course, but he does put trust in her. And just like that, his ankle is being healed up, only showing a small bit of scabbing. "Yeah... I guess I just freaked out, sorry about that. It's my first time really seeing one that wasn't a companion... hell, it's my first time really being attacked by something like that." He wouldn't count the worms, pheasant, or mud monster in that since he was either in a group or an animal. This time he felt a different kind of vulnerable, then again, it could be the sight of blood that made him feel this way.

Then she formally addressed him- and he looked visibly shocked. His eyes were wide and eyebrows raised. Wait... Amalia knew who he was? She actually knew his name? It was surprising and he was showing a bit of a blush, now even more embarrassed. "Yes- I have two things I kind of wanted to talk about- but I really came here for one." Part of him did want to ask about Safrin, but now probably wasn't a good time.

"I was wondering if you could tell me about Adam? I... I only met him once and I guess I just want to learn more about him. Hear your stories."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

Amalia raises an eyebrow at the knowledge that this is his first Leafchange, her expression growing briefly clouded by concerns about the Voice. But it passes quickly, replaced by concentration as she wraps the ankle in clean bandages, tucking in the ends. "You've met Fangorn, then," the baker comments, thinking fondly of the gourd and his companion.

She doesn't notice his surprise that she knows him - truthfully it's something of a minor miracle that she remembers his name from the day they spent setting up for Fiat Lux. Wiping her hands on her thighs and gathering the leftover bandages, Amalia rises up, turning to move back behind the counter.

But his question makes her freeze.

Her back is to him, hiding the shocked, pained expression that flashes over her face. Beneath her tunic muscles ripple and shift, leopard fur suddenly appearing at her neck and shoulders, feathers rustling on her arms, lilac and silver locks sprouting in her hair.

"Adam?" she repeats after a moment, her voice husky with surprise and loss. When she turns around her expression is somewhat calm, though there's clearly pain in her dark eyes. Leaning back against the counter, she clutches the wood with taloned fingers. "Why, ah... What did you want to know?"
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The response she gives is far from great. With her back turned, Oliver knew something was wrong. Amalia simply felt so... distant. She was hiding something, absolutely, and he knew that he had massively screwed up. Any potential relationship that may form would be soiled by now. Not only had he ruined it with the gourd, but now he had been far too invasive. Should he just try and make things quick? Probably. That would be the wises of decisions.

Almost avoiding her eyes, Oliver looked at other parts of her face, trying to hide away his inner feelings. His voice was quiet now, a hint of concern and nervousness within it. "I just wanted to hear about him... hear the stories and learn about who he was... I really wanted to get to know him more, but I never got the chance. I had made a lantern for him and I guess I just want to know how to properly remember him." There was also regret in his voice and a clear sign of... confusion? As though he wasn't sure what to say next or how to respond to, well, anything.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

Still somewhat taken aback, Amalia doesn't notice any anxiety Oliver may be suddenly showing. His interest in a man he apparently barely knew still surprises her, but the Shield nods, her dark eyes drifting to the window of the shop. How many times had they sat at that table, Adam cracking a foolish joke while Amalia shaped and kneaded?

"That's nice. That you made a lantern. I hope it's very gaudy. He liked shiny things."

There's mist in her eyes, but the Shield is smiling faintly, amused at the bittersweet memories. "He wore so much jewellery I'm surprised he could walk straight. Though I guess he made up for the weight but not wearing much clothing. And those stupid shoes, as if he wasn't tall enough already-!" A laugh - a real, genuine, blink-and-you'll-miss-it laugh - leaves her coral lips.

Looking back at Oliver, she adjusts her hands on the wooden counter. "How did you meet him?"
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
It's probably a good thing that Amalia doesn't see his anxiety and for one, Oliver is glad he cant talk to fellow attuned in his human form. It gave him the required time to start to calm down and relax. While he was still worried, he did manage to get himself calmed down quite a bit more to the point to where he could hopefully enjoy the conversation with Amalia.

At the mention of shiny things, Oliver makes a mental note to himself. "I haven't added anything shiny yet, but I know I have some stuff I can add." Hopefully it wouldn't be too late.

He wasn't sure if Amalia truly was happy that he made the lantern at first, but then once she starts speaking about the memories, Oliver notices a clear shift in, well, everything. The look on her face really said it all, as did the words themselves. It was a precious moment and Oliver would cherish this opportunity, knowing just how vulnerable Amalia must feel in this very moment.

Then, it was hit turn to speak. "Well... I was walking around in my fox shift when I heard this super loud and very happy voice yelling 'I'm a snake!' And so, of course I went to follow it... and honestly? He was fantastic. Adam was so chill and relaxed and he was super fun to talk to. I took him to a super pretty spot that I discovered... and he really seemed to like it... he also gave me some advice that I really needed to hear." A smile formed over the course of the story as Oliver recalled the tale. It was his only interaction with Adam, but it was also an amazing one.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

Retreating back behind the counter, Amalia begins to gather the materials for tea and cake while Oliver tells his story, smiling faintly at the boy's enthusiasm. She'd never had a chance to really explore Adam's shifts with him, another wound in her already injured heart, but it hurts less to hear about it than she would have thought it might.

She sets the kettle on the stove and slices into the cake, a dense lemon poppyseed made earlier that morning. "He is - was - always easy to talk to," she agrees, wincing as she stumbles over the tenses. Offering a plate of cake to Oliver, the girl tilts her head. "What advice?" Get drunk and wank it out, is the first thought that comes to her mind, causing a wry grin to flash across her face.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The blonde accepts the slice of cake with a silent thank you, clearly very surprised that she even offered him such a thing. Delicately, Oliver took a bite and had to hide back a hum of enjoyment, knowing now was not the time for such things. "Honestly? Yeah. He is kinda easy to talk to... I mean, I told him something I thought was super embarrassing, but instead he just... I don't know. He helped me."

There is a light laugh and Oliver shakes his head. "The advice? Gods... I was so mopey and upset. Complaining about a guy who I was pining over. Adam told me to be proud of myself! To be open and enjoy life." Oliver wasn't going to go too much into detail since, well, it was kinda in the past. "Guy was absolutely fucking right. I mean, it was what I kinda needed to hear. Yeah, some people told me it, but Adam was blunt and fun about it." There is a light shrug. At this point, Oliver has grown to accept himself. He can do whatever he wants so long as others aren't hurt, as well, one fling shouldn't really make him feel so upset. "Adam told me to just- be proud of myself? And I guess that's just- so fantastic. I really wish I could've spoken to him more... he had this infectious tone. One that just made me feel so calm and happy."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza