Training butting heads
for Oliver
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
Ronin had no reason to go to the Greatwood. But since he had visited previously and met with Deimos, and since the whole luxere thing, he felt drawn to the wooded area, almost. It would be wrong to say that it called to him, per say, but he definitely felt better with earth beneath his hooves than sand. And indeed, it was a stag that walked the woods rather than the Dark Star in human form.

He walked slowly, purposefully, the halo of antlers about his head lighting the way through even the most dense woodland, the leaves crunching underfoot. What he was looking for, he couldn't quite say. But he felt the urge to run, to dart and jump and properly explore this new place.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Similar to the mythical deer, Oliver found himself drawn to the forests in his animal forms. All were comfortable in this way, but he chose to work on his fox form, one that clearly needed improvement. After finding out that this was his goddess' favorite form, Oliver saw that it should be best to improve it and himself. So while Deimos had worked with him on channeling the instincts of his leopard form, his fox form was clearly lacking in that department.

Padding along, Oliver would occasionally stop by a hole and attempt to seek out whatever was in it, hoping his instincts would take over. Unfortunately, he was absolutely out of luck and either the hole would be completely empty or he'd almost get a scratch to the face. After three close calls, he settled on looking for game elsewhere. Sniffing at the air and with his ears upright and attentive, he continued to follow his senses until a particular scent caught his attention. Checking the ground, the little fox saw hoofprints in the mud, something even more peculiar.

And with that, his curiosity was immediately grabbed and off he went, following the tracks and scent as it pulled him along before he saw it before him. A tall, towering deer with gorgeous antlers that glowed. A Luxere? Here? Didn't they only come out during DeepFrost? Now way too curious, the fox started to move around to the right in an arch motion, lowering himself to the ground as he did so. Seeing as he was so tiny, the grass was a great barrier between him and the deer, hopefully concealing him enough. With wide eyes, the fox moved along, trying to get a close look at the Luxere without giving off any signs.

Of course, what Oliver forgot is that he's still learning how to be quiet so while he is trying his best, most likely he wasn't quiet enough to be unheard.
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
Whilst, as Remi had helpfully pointed out, the Luxere was a prey-animal, Ronin had found that his senses were even more impeccable as a result. His nose let him follow the scent of water, and he seemed to know by the sound of the wind alone the direction of the Stonesong, the Hollowed Grounds and all that was attached to it.

Granted, that also meant that he caught the movements of something nearby in the grass. Flicking an ear towards the noise, Ronin paused in his path through the woodland to survey the area. It didn't smell like wolf, but... well, it was familiar in a way that he couldn't quite understand just now.

Then, spotting something fluffy and tan in the grass, he tilted his great, antlered head. Do I know you? he asked the little fox.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
It would've been wise if the little fox had paid attention to the minute movements that the deer made. A perfect attuned would've done that, no matter if they were prey or predator. Seeing as Oliver was basically both, he would end up being a failure of a prey and a predator. The deer turned to stare directly at him. Shrinking down even further, the massive ears flattened against his head and he half expected to have the deer simply leave him alone, but the opposite happened.

A familiar voice rang in his head and immediately, his ears shot back up in surprise, his eyes widening and his head lifting up slightly. He knew that voice. Sniffing at the air, he tilted his head in confusion. You... you were in Torchline... you're attuned now? Clearly this was a massive surprise seeing as the man very much wasn't an attuned the last time they spoke.

Slowly but surely, he stood back up and looked at him with wide eyes. Guess the cat's out of the bag? I'm Oliver.... Watching the deer carefully, he crept closer and closer, taking small steps as he made his way closer to the deer.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Lowering his head towards the little fox, Ronin nearly jumped at the voice that echoed in his mind, as of yet never heard before. He'd only used his Attuned bond with Remi thus far; to have someone speak into his mind that wasn't his husband was understandably a little bit strange. But he did recognise the small creature from Apopo, and Oliver might get the sensation of amusement from the luxere. I am now, apparently. Or at least I have this ability, he explained.

Nice to meet you, Oliver. I'm Ronin - what are the chances of us two meeting twice in such different places? Lifting his head again, the great deer gazed through the thickets of trees. I was hoping I might get more used to this form, here. I'm a little clumsy in it right now.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
It was indeed very understandable to be a bit put off or even startled by the sudden voice, but the little fox remained very calm and curious in nature, not showing any signs of distress. Hopefully the feelings would be felt through the bond and Ronin would be able to calm down a bit knowing that Oliver felt safe. If a tiny little fox felt safe, then surely a massive luxere would feel safe too. You have this ability? So you just... got the ability to become a Luxere? If I may ask... how? Of course Oliver remained curious, similar to their very first interaction. The only difference was that Ronin could actually hear him now. Oh dear.

Watching the deer with an intense curiosity, the fox's tail swooshed around a bit as he tilted his head. The name was all he needed to hear. This was Ronin. And... boy was there a fuck ton to say about him. Oliver wasn't even sure where to begin, but he knew that he needed to stay calm. Ronin had done bad things, but he had also helped to rebuild... he had clearly hit a dark time. The name did bring some pain, though, with the thought of his final interaction with Remi. Hopefully Ronin wouldn't be able to feel that because fuck did it still hurt.

Hoping to shove away ALL THE BAD EMOTIONS, Oliver tried to stay happy and positive. It is funny... and in this form too. I'd expect you to see me as a human before this. The odds that Ronin would see him as a fox were fantastic, seeing as this was really only the second time he had ever met the man. The final comment did earn a bit of interest in the fox and after a moment of thinking, an idea dawned on him. I have an idea! On how you can get used to this form! If you're willing to trust me, I can promise you that it'll be fun and helpful. Just to add to this, his tail was now almost wagging and his ears were upright and very attentive, clearly ready to get on with his idea.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Luckily enough for Oliver, Ronin was still a fledgling initiate into the world of the Attuned bond, and whilst he felt something of the emotions that tangled and fought for dominance, the only thing he really got was what the fox intended to project. Safrin blessed me with it, he explained simply, and if a deer could shrug Ronin might have done so. I am to come back to the Hollowed Grounds this Deepfrost, so I can protect those who need it against the Longnight monsters.

It sounded utterly fantastical when he put it all out like that, but Ronin's life was pretty much that these days. I doubt I would recognise you in your human form over this one now, he said, amusement lacing through his tone. Pawing at the ground almost instinctually, his ears pricked up at hearing that the bright little fox might be able to help him get used to his shift. You had me at fun, he assured Oliver with a quiet laugh. Let's do it. I'll follow your lead!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
It had seemed that most of those who became attuned later in life were blessed by Safrin, just showing how incredible the goddess was. To hear her name caused the blonde to beam with happiness, pleased with the knowledge that yet another individual knew of Safrin's greatness. She gave me my abilities as well! And I know she must trust you a lot to give you such a task. I am happy she has given you the opportunity to do such a thing. Ronin was given something incredible and surely, he'd do wonders with it.

Maybe Oliver had overestimated a small bit with his comment. True, seeing as in my human form, I actually have ears that are a normal size. There was a giggle in his voice, showing an amusement in his little joke.

If Ronin were doing such a monumental task as protecting those against the LongNight monsters, then training was now top priority. Might as well start it off nice and easy then progress to some much harder things. Getting a running start, the little fox leaped onto the back of the deer gracefully. It took a couple of seconds to really get his footing, but once he did he was beaming with excitement. Alright, first task: I want you to run forward. Pay attention to your surroundings, but also be graceful. You want to be able to move without raising alarm, which also means being able to run without knocking me off. Oliver clearly had more ideas, but might as well start with this one.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
As am I. It was all Ronin really could say. He felt the pride shining out of the fox like a sunbeam, but his relationship with his goddess was more complex by far. He still loved and respected her (for now - a falling star of a daughter would sour that soon enough), but it was not all so easy as accepting the blessing. Longnight held dark and traumatic memories for Ronin, and to return to the Grounds at such a time was a big ask.

Amusement flickered again down the attuned bond, and Ronin ducked his head in a nod. I should hope so. Those are quite some considerable ears you have on you now. He chuckled.

Ah, but onto the training. Shifting his hooves as the little creature suddenly sprang up and onto his back, Ronin let out a huff of anticipation and tried to quell the urge to buck him off. Instead he focused on Oliver's words, making his way forward slowly at first, before picking up to a trot.

Of course, it wasn't easy in a dense woodland, and Ronin had to duck and weave and avoid his antlers getting tangled in branches. How Oliver fared was beyond him.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is a nod and Oliver makes one final comment on the matter. I wish you the best of luck with protecting. I am not to go outside, but if you ever need any help others, try and contact me through the bond and I will do what I can. Safrin had made it clear he was to not go outside at all during LongNight. To prevent anyone else from going into the darkness. He would absolutely do what he could to fulfill that promise he had made to her and to ensure that people remained within the safety of the walls. That didn't mean he couldn't offer Ronin minor help, such as filling him in on things happening indoors or passing on messages from the deer.

The joke earned a light bit of laughter from the fox. Gods would I be mortified if my ears were that big. Already he was once mortified by the obvious dark colored roots of his hair, leading to him acquiring a magic hairbrush. Oliver was a vain person, that much he would admit.

Jokes would have to be saved for later, it was training time. The deer seemed a bit resistant as he trotted along. Oliver moved around a small bit to ensure that he was safe on the deer. You seemed stress and strained. Relax yourself, allow the instincts to take hold. And if that meant bucking him off? Fine by Oliver, that was going to be coming up eventually, but he could deal with it whenever.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Allow the instincts to take hold? Ronin definitely felt as though that meant he should be bucking off the little fuzzy creature clambering over his back, but he held that particular urge in check (for now). Instead he let his senses extend outwards; the smell of leaves and dewdrops, the birdsong and twigs cracking underfoot, the feel of the breath in his lungs. Lowering his antlers, Ronin did indeed pick up the pace, and his movements seemed to come a lot more easily.

The luxere even seemed graceful as he pranced and dodged and weaved through the forest, and as a large log appeared up ahead of them, instinct really had taken over. Ronin made straight for it, leaping over it like it was nothing - though it might give the little fox on his back a bit of a bumpy ride!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Whatever he said seemed to unlock a new side of Ronin. The stiff, awkward deer slowly shifted into a powerful creature. One which bounded forward with grace and beauty. And Oliver? Well, this is where his part came in: The fun part. It was almost as though he were training himself, managing to try and balance on the deer as much as possible. It was inconsistent and a perfect opportunity in his eyes. There were times where he may have to hold onto a creature who doesn't want him to stay on, meaning this would maybe help prepare him for any rough or bumpy journeys.

The movements were fantastic, but Oliver soon realized this was too easy for Ronin. Time to step things up! See! There ya go! Now... I want you to do something a bit more unique... buck me off. I will do what I can to stay on, maybe even shift forms. I will do what I can to not hurt you and don't worry, I'll be fine. The deer would be fine if he shifted, totally. So now it was time to see if Ronin would take on the new task at hand.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
From dodging the trees and other foliage around them to a test of strength to rid himself of the fox? Ronin happily complied, his instincts to do just that even stronger than the one to run. If you're sure, Ronin murmured through the Attuned bond, unused to being the one trained rather than doing the training, but it was a very pleasant change on reflection.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Trotting to a slow halt in a small clearing, the luxere finally let himself buck and twist, attempting to shake the small creature from his back. So engrossed in doing so was he that he even made use of a nearby tree, trying to squish the fox against it to make him let go.
Blacksmith

Change author:
We're so happy
The deer beneath him seemed not entirely sure of himself? Or maybe he just wanted to make sure Oliver was ready to be catapulted away. Either way, the fox was ready for this. His tiny body was strong enough for that, seeing as he had fallen off of shelves in the manor plenty of times (don't ask).

There wasn't entirely much time to prepare himself nor a verbal warning as soon, the deer was now flinging him around. At first, it wasn't too hard to stay on, but eventually it started to become too hard. It was a couple of feet away from the tree that Oliver was finally flung off, falling off behind the deer where he fell onto a bush. Unfortunately, the bush was prickly, but it wasn't too bad, just a bit of a nuisance. I'm off! He quickly sent to the deer. Unfortunately for his side of the situation, he had failed to stay on, but the deer had passed that portion of the test!

Soon, a small fox would emerge from the bush, his fur clearly fluffed up and a bit dirt covered now. Good job! It was obvious that he was a bit shaken up, but clearly not too bad.

And now for the hardest test. You just carry on with walking. I'm going to try and hunt you down. It's your job to defend yourself and spot me. I wont use any claws and you just try your best to not stab me with those gorgeous antlers. And with that done, Oliver trotted on off into the forest.

Once far enough away, Oliver would shift into a different form: his leopard form. Anticipating that the deer had at least done something new, Oliver started to follow after the scent, making his way through the forest towards the Luxere. It obviously didn't take too long to find him and then the real fun began. Lowering himself deep towards the ground, Oliver watched the deer with intense gaze before he ran forward and lept towards the back half, hoping to grasp on with his paws.
even when we're smiling out of fear
OLIVER