Key Quest and the earth screamed
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,792 | Total: 4,183
MP: 0
#15
when you're all alone and you think of home
places you may have been and who you know
People keep moving, as quickly as they can, but there’s too much, too many bodies, and those at the back are panicking and shoving, the ripples moving through the crowd. Nate knows it’s dangerous to join the crowd, but if he doesn’t, more people will be hurt, more lives lost.

He moves off his perch and onto the fringes of the crowd, directing people into pockets of space, offering hands to those stumbling, those who need it, all the while calling for calm. It’s one of the times he’s glad for his ascension, otherwise the pain in his throat, smoke and shouting, would keep him from continuing. As long as he can’t feel it though, he’ll keep trying.



Nate takes a more hands on approach to directing the crowd, and tries to calm the incoming panicked group. He shouting instructions and directing people towards the beach to try and combat the crush.
awaiting the hand of god knowing i stand to fall
i stared into the pitch black to no hand at all
NATE
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Posts: 3,914 | Total: 7,301
MP: 5225
#16
He could hear the panic behind him, some portion of the populace refusing to exit in a calm and orderly fashion despite Saiden's steady voice and instructions rising above the hullabaloo, and he couldn't really blame them. When the world was exploding, panic was inevitable and so were the injuries and deaths that would result from it.

He couldn't save them all. Ever desperate to be a hero, even Jigano knew that. Still, any one that his efforts could save was worth the effort, and he grit his teeth against the rising heat and drifting ash. Mort, he prayed desperately, Ludo, if you're listening... please, help me to save those whose time has not yet come.

Hoping that the initial moat and barricade would stop the worst of the lava flow, he turned his efforts to pulling the earth into a simple berm, a bank that would help to channel the flowing liquid fire further around the city. He moved as fast as he could while still maintaining his magic, concentrating fiercely as he tried to keep ahead of the lava, and readying his Mastered Fire Magic to push back against the heat should it begin to overcome him.



Jigano throws a prayer to Mort and Ludo, and stops worrying about the moat now that he's hopefully created enough of an earthwork to turn the flow and divert it around the outside of the city; he continues to use his Mastered Earth magic to create a simpler barrier to serve as the bank of a channel, speeding up his pace and trying to keep enough ahead of the heat to buy the fleeing populace more time. He readies his Fire Magic to protect himself from the lava's heat and turn it aside if it catches up to him.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion


Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 10,769 | Total: 16,262
MP: 3059
#17
i've seen fire & i've seen rain.
i've seen sunny days that i thought would never end
Lives taken and air growing oppressively hot, it was time for Remi to do something about the erupting volcano. Jigano's ideas and abilities most closely matched his own, and so it was towards the Sage that the alchemist moved.

Using his own mastered earth magic, Remi pulled up at the ground, creating high rocky mounds. The hope was that as the lava sloshed down into the mote created by the bard, it would have even further to go vertically before overtaking the remainder of the city. Of course, it would eventually fold. The hope was that it would cool enough and grow sluggish before reaching too far.

Moving down the perimeter of the city, pulling up at the earth and adding more to create this make-shift berm, Remi wondered if there wasn't another way. Rather than gathering and moving water as Saiden was, the alchemist could simply create it. Instead of just throwing it where it might instantly evaporate, the alchemist created blocks of ice, and threw them in the lava using his telekinesis. The hope was not to instantly cool the lava or anything so naive but to create organized lava-flows that the might predict the trajectory of.



Remi uses mastered earth to create vertical berms to stop the flow of lava. He also creates huge blocks of ice to put into the path of the lava to try and re-direct the flows and cool it.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
Posts: 8,353 | Total: 13,605
MP: 4667
#18
you were forged in fire // and you rose from the ashes
murder and mercy rolled into one
Of fucking course. His words echo through the first and second crowd, but the third is already far too panicked, rushing and pushing and moving him back within it. He hisses under his breath, continuing to try and quell everyone’s fears. The idea of telling them to organize will do little – they simply won’t listen. So he reaches out with his compelling, reaching for a few colorful parrots in the area to guide the way, a beacon of sorts among the ash and darkness that encroaches.

With a shout to follow the birds, Sunjata shifts into his bat shift – imagining that the ash would effect his feathers in a way that would harm more than help him – trying to rise above the crowd, shouting through his attuned bond to any of those within the crowd that may be attuned as well, to follow the colorful birds that swoop and lead the way.



Sunjata compels a few colorful parrots to try and guide crowd 3 and shifts into his bat shift (flying fox) to get out from being inside the crowd.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.


Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Posts: 835 | Total: 3,236
MP: 0
#19
It doesn't make a blind bit of difference. The parrots from Sunjata, or the instructions being called from both Saiden and Nate. The latter two are lucky, at least, and are not yet caught in the crush of people. But Sunjata - well, his initial lucky start has turned sour. As a bat he needs a few pumps of his wings to get him out of the crowd, and as he attempts to fly, an errant arm smacks into him, thumping him out of his trajectory and back into the hordes of trampling feet. He's in trouble.

The rooftops are soaked by the passing sailor - this will gain the structures time, but not much of it. Similar is the case with Jigano and Remi and their reinforcements. They are robust, these walls and banks and pillars of earth, and they will hold. But for how long?

The rest of the crowds have flooded to the beach - all but the building panic of Crowd 3, which seems nearly beyond control at this point.

And the lava comes. The ash comes. The heat comes.



Crowds 1 and 2 are safely away and are headed to the beach.

Crowd 3 remains, and Sunjata is currently caught in the crush!

The earthen bank against the lava will provide two rounds of relief, before the buildup of molten rock causes it to breach and melt through the walls.

Haulani infrastructure: 90%
Air quality: 65%

The group has three options:

1. Continue to the beach to corral the citizens and create further means of getting them to safety. This means abandoning Haulani to the lava.
2. Divide efforts between the beach and trying to salvage the town. This means finding ways to work together and will involve a great deal of cooperation.
3. Leave the crowds to do what they will and focus all efforts on saving as much of Haulani as possible. This will be a monumental effort and poses the most danger to the group.

Please post which option your character opts for at the end of your post.

Post order & HP:

Saiden - 76
Nate - 42
Jigano - 370
Remi - 340
Sunjata - 124
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Posts: 952 | Total: 9,913
MP: 0
#20
As the crowd continued to basically riot and ignore Saiden’s commands, his jaw feathered with tension. Gathering his water around him, he shot it towards the group: it came out in a stream that swept across the people milling about. His goal was to give it enough force to catch their attention and maybe stumble a bit, but not enough force to knock them down.

Glaring at them, he raised his voice again. ”Get down to the beach! He shouted the command with every ounce of authority he could muster. While he stood there and gestured for them to move their asses he gathered what water he could reach back around himself.



Using his upgraded water manipulation, Saiden shots a jet of water at the crowd water hose style, though he tries not to use enough force to knock people down. He tells them to get to the beach, and as he speaks gathers as much water as he can.

Water manipulation: Can manipulate water. Must be within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent

Option 2


Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,792 | Total: 4,183
MP: 0
#21
when you're all alone and you think of home
places you may have been and who you know
Most of the people have moved, fanning onto the beach, the relative safety of the ocean, but there is still the panicked crush, the stampede of terrified people fleeing. There's still too many to just leave them, to follow the majority out to the beach, as much as Nate wants to. The only small mercy is that with most of the prior crowds on the beach, there's room for people to go. Or, be shoved to, and hosed to.

Nate pushed people along, moving with the crowd out towards the beach, doing what he could to keep people on their feet, still trying to keep them organized in the face of chaos. He looked around as he did, noticing Sunjata's voice had gone quiet, and hoping the other man wasn't hurt. There wasn't time to focus on it though, not as he tried to direct people towards the port, to boats. He might not know much about volcanoes, but he knew if the lava flowed over the town it wouldn't stop at the beach.



Nate keeps trying to get the crowd moving, and yells for people to start getting into boats and on the ocean.

Option 1
awaiting the hand of god knowing i stand to fall
i stared into the pitch black to no hand at all
NATE
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Posts: 3,914 | Total: 7,301
MP: 5225
#22
As the earth began to move beyond the berm in ways that Jigano wasn't controlling, he realized there was finally another who had come to give aid. A glance around showed Remi, and relief pulsed through the Attuned bond for a moment as the bard recognized a familiar face amidst the chaos. Later he could be surprised that the embittered young man was lending a helping hand; for the moment, he took stock of what he knew.

Himself. Remi. Saiden and his water. Sunjata's voice shouting directions through the Attuned bond. Only Nate was beyond his field of view (or recognition, the men mostly strangers except by a bookmaker's gossip).

"The lava is trying to run straight down to the ocean," he called to the Attuned through the bond, and yelling for anyone that could hear him. "Get people who can't get into boats moving sideways along the coast, out of the flow's path!" Like a swimmer would escape a riptide, as Saiden might think of it.

Taking a deep breath through his masking hair, he shifted silver scales to cover his skin and provide a little more protection from both heat and ash as he looked at Remi . That looks like the weakest point, he nodded towards the place where the molten rock was building up most dangerously. I can try and reinforce it if you can keep building the channel? Or we can both try and reinforce it to buy people more time. Remi knew his powers best, and even as he 'spoke' Jigano was racing back to the weak point, staying as far back as he could while remaining in range of his magic. He turned the full force of his Mastered Fire and Earth magic to pulling the heat out of the molten rock that pressed against the barricade and turn it back to hardened stone, attempting to reinforce the bulwark and make it thicker and stronger by turning the lava pressing against it into another layer of protection against that which flowed behind.


Jigano yells aloud and through the Attuned bond for anyone not able to find a boat to head sideways away from the lava's path.
He uses Mastered Fire and Earth to try and draw the heat out of the lava pressing against the weakest point of the barricade to turn it into hardened stone, using it to make the earthen barrier thicker and reinforcing it against the lava from behind.

Option 2
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion


Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 10,769 | Total: 16,262
MP: 3059
#23
i've seen fire & i've seen rain.
i've seen sunny days that i thought would never end
Teamwork? With this lot? Sure. Why not.

AGREED. Remi called back loudly. He assumed that Saiden 's connections as a member of Jack's crew would serve better than anything he could do down at the docks. Besides, his magic was most apt here, anyhow.

Focusing on the weakest spot as per Jigano 's instructions, Remi continued to try and build up the berm, both reinforcing its thickness and drawing extra height. When time permitted, he'd sent blasts of icy water over the lava. It would erupt into steam of course, but using water magic again, hopefully he could funnel the hot steam upwards where it might help break up some of the falling ash.



Remi uses mastered earth to reinforce the berm both in width and height. He also throws icy water on the lava to slow it, and then use the superheated steam to push away some of the falling ash.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
Posts: 8,353 | Total: 13,605
MP: 4667
#24
you were forged in fire // and you rose from the ashes
murder and mercy rolled into one
Of course, an arm flies into his path, batting at a wing as he tries to lift himself out of the path. It tumbled him down and down, and he mentally hisses with a pang of pain as a boot comes near. ’Enough.’ He thinks to himself, shifting then to his Nyala form. He continues to shout the orders of getting to the beach through the Attuned bond, trying his best to lower his head and use it and his horns to try and create some boundary for him to break through the crowd and get over toward Nate.

It reminds him of the mud monster of Fiat Lux, but at least this time for now he can breathe. So he uses it to his advantage, attempting to carve a path out.



Sunjata shifts to his Nyala form to try and push his way out of the crowd!

Option 1
which way is up?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.


Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Posts: 835 | Total: 3,236
MP: 0
#25
Well, that seemed to do it. A good hosing from Saiden combined with the sudden and horned appearance of Sunjata in their midst finally seems to shock the crowd into compliance. Still screaming, coughing, spluttering, panicked, Crowd 3 nonetheless finally falls into some semblance of order, and they begin to filter after the rest of the townspeople down towards the beach. A blessing, for they would surely have perished in the heat and ash if they had remained any longer.

Carried along with the crowds, Sunjata and Nate find themselves on sands made claggy and smoke-stained, and Torchline's usually impeccable vista is marred by a blizzard of ashes. To the left and right stretches the pier, and along the coast (almost impossibly far, in this chaos), Kaiholo Port offers sanctuary. But Haulani only boasts fishing vessels, and there is no way all the people will fit.

Back inland, the heat is building, stifling. The air quality diminishes, and the efforts poured into the berm to prevent the breach of lava are monumental. Regrettably, heated steam directed into ashes causes the airborne particles to melt into a sort of hot sludge, and this begins to fall upon Remi and Jigano as they work.



Crowd 3 finally becomes compliant, and Sunjata is free from the crush!

Remi and Jigano continue to shore up the berm against the lava, and it will continue to hold for another two rounds.

The air quality in Haulani is now very poor.

Haulani infrastructure: 85%
Haulani air quality: 50%
Beach air quality: 70%

Whilst those who selected Option 2 will be able to divide their efforts between the town and the beach, those who selected Option 1 will not be able to return to town to aid their friends (or the infrastructure).

Post Order & HP:

Option 2 Saiden - 73
Option 1 Nate - 42
Option 2 Jigano - 362
Option 2 Remi - 320
Option 1 Sunjata - 124
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Posts: 952 | Total: 9,913
MP: 0
#26
Pleased that his efforts finally go the crowd to depart, Saiden continued calling back all the water he could. He began tossing it onto the buildings around him. When he began to cough and sputter, he called upon his air magic to try and clear the ash and soot from the air around him.

He began to walk down towards the beach. While he walked, he continued tossing whatever water remained onto nearby buildings. In addition, he kept up his efforts to try and make the air around him breathable, though his air magic was much less powerful than his water magic.



Saiden gathers up what water he can and begins wetting the buildings. He also tries to keep the air around him breathable. As he does this he walks down towards the beach.

Water manipulation: Can manipulate water. Must be within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent
Air manipulation: Can manipulate the air. Must be within a 5ft radius, control is weak and unstable and requires concentration.


Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,792 | Total: 4,183
MP: 0
#27
when you're all alone and you think of home
places you may have been and who you know
Finally, people began to move, the crowd trickling onto the beach. Nate caught sight of Sunjata, or at least, what he hoped was Sunjata. Though there were bigger things to worry about than a bull loose in the crowd right now. He might not much experience with boats, but even he knew there wasn't enough room for everyone fleeing.

Pulling at the magic he'd been holding onto since Halo, Nate shaped a portion of the ocean into an iceberg, as flat and wide as he could manage, and started herding people onto it, while shouting for others to get to the actual boats, as many as possible. He made his way towards Sunjata, putting a hand on his shoulder and leaning in. "We can push that, right?" He asked, gesturing to the ice and leaning in closer. He didn't wait for an answer before he bit, pulling away quickly and going back to shepherding people.



Nate creates an ice platform with mastered water magic (received from Loren the way you use your body, baby) and shepherds people onto that/the fishing boats. He also bites Sunjata, to access his shifts.
awaiting the hand of god knowing i stand to fall
i stared into the pitch black to no hand at all
NATE
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Posts: 3,914 | Total: 7,301
MP: 5225
#28
Jigano grit his teeth against the hot sludge, flinching away from it as it rained down but holding position as he poured his magic against the lava flow with stubborn tenacity. He was strong and he was partnered with one of the strongest men he knew, but no one was strong enough to turn aside the anger of a volcano in full rage. A god, perhaps, might have been channeled to help them in their hour of need… but the one most likely to help them was the one least interested in any of them, as far as Jigano knew.

Any suggestions? he called to Remi through the Attuned bond as he heard the panic finally dying down behind them. I don’t know how much time we can buy unless we can find a way to turn the flow aside… Earth and fire. Fire and earth. He reached for the scintillating strings of magic in his soul and jerked hard on the scarlet and the green, a discordant pair of notes as he held his breath and threw his power at the lava in an attempt to turn the nearest portion of the flow to head down the channel he had made earlier, trying to guide it around the outside of the city. Maybe if they could divert enough of it they could ease the strain on the initial barrier? Buy a little more time?



Scaled-gano combines mastered earth and fire magic to attempt to compel the nearest flow of lava to go into the channel he had made in the first few rounds, trying to direct it around the outside of the city and ease the pressure on their primary barrier.

He holds his breath against the bad air and asks Remi for ideas.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D