life is sweet here
open
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
It had taken her hours and days to weedle permission from her guardians to go exploring. Seren had made a world of promises to stay within sight of the lighthouse at Aumakua, to keep a companion with her at all times, to come home in time for lunch and to not go into the water on her own.

They were all easy things to swear on, and it was with a giddy sense of freedom the small girl found her way down to the sandy beaches. The lighthouse was still within her sight, looming on the horizon, but the cliffs were rounder here, soft and rolling and gently dipping into coves and sheltered bays that hosted a multitude of wildlife.

With the sun shining bright and warm overhead, Seren picked her way through the sand, her little feet bare in the warm sand, and the raven locks bouncing against her small back as she skipped along the shore.

Overhead, the lazy circling of a figure that could be either dragon or griffin kept watch over her, but her attention was focused more on the contents of slimey tidal pools and anemonies curling under the surface. Finding crumbs from some previous snack in her pockets, Seren scattered them into the water and watched in fascination as the swaying creature-plants extended to reach for the morsels.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just take your time wherever you go
Saiden made his way down the coastline, whistling. As was usual for him, he was shirtless and barefoot, dressed on in a pair of shorts. There was a cutlass on one hip, a knife on the other, and a bag on his back. In his hand he held a fishing rod.

As he walked, he whistled a cheerful sea shanty. His destination was one of his favorite hidden inlets, where the fish liked to teem at high tide. However, as he walked, he spotted an unusual sight: a small girl, unaccompanied, walking along the beach. Shading his eyes, he blinked when he realized his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

So he walked towards her, stopping a short distance away. "Hello there. Are you lost?" His voice was bright and cheerful.

Set pre-KQ
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren
Playful gusts of wind carried the whistled tune and alerted the girl to the approach of another. Looking up, she watched him approach. The raven locks were a tumble of night spilling down shoulders that were very small, and the eyes that regarded him were big and unafraid, a bright, crushing blue as vivid as the sky.

Seren had been warned not to talk to strangers without someone she knew around. But the shadow of the companion that circled above felt like presence enough, and she couldn't really not answer the question, could she?

"No," she said, in a sweet melodic voice that seemed on the brink of laughter. The child lingered where she was, and did not approach... but she made no attempt to run away either. The fishing rod had caught her attention, and she regarded both that and the sword with bright curiosity.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
At the girl's one word response, Saiden grinned. Setting the end of his fishing rod in the sand, he scratched the back of his head distractedly. "No?" The word came out cheerfully, and he glanced around, looking for some sign of someone else.

When nothing jumped out at him, he returned his attention to the girl. "Well if you're not lost, what are you doing out here all by yourself?" Again, his tone was friendly and bright, though he made no move to approach the child. Instead, he stayed planted right where he was, not particularly willing to approach (or leave) until he had a bit more information about what was going on here.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Her gaze followed the movements as he set the fishing rod down. There was no wariness or even caution over her posture, just calm curiosity.

"Playing," she informed him, tilting her head. It was skirting the rules, but Seren figured that as long as she didn't ask questions back, this wouldn't count as talking to him. "And I'm not alone."

Lifting a small hand, she pointed up at the circling figure in the sky above. It had come closer now, revealing the shape of a big black griffin, wolf bodied and magpie winged, and it cast watchful eyes down upon the pair. Clearly ready to swoop in if the need arose.

---------

Permission granted from Sky to borrow Haai <3
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Smiling gently at the girl, Saiden knelt down so that he was closer to her level, though he still didn't get close to her. "What are you playing?" There was an odd fondness in his voice. However, there was also something almost forlorn in his gentle expression.

As the griffin swooped down, he arched an eyebrow. "Not alone indeed. And who is this?" He gestured at the small creature with his free hand. Then he met the child's eyes. "And I guess I should ask, who are you?" It came out friendly and polite, and there was a short of charming and easy-going warmth to his whole demeanor.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The griffin was about as large as they came, the size of an almost full grown wolf with an impressive wingspan. It didn't land, but cast its shadow over them, filling the air with the sound of wind whispering over feathers. The girl was surpremely unconcerned about it.

"I'm looking for pirate treasure," she told him, with a serious expression and eyes that glittered with excitement.

But when he asked for her name, the girl hesitated. Kicked at the sand with a bare little foot, her mouth becoming pouty.

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers," she said. This man sounded nice, but so too had Loren. And his reaction to learning who she was still made her tummy hurt.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden arched an eyebrow as the girl revealed she was looking for pirate treasure. "Is that so?" Grinning, clearly amused by the situation, he winked at her. "You know you can't go looking for pirate treasure without a map, don't you?" He spoke in a conspiratorial tone, as if he was telling her some big secret.

Laughter as she told him she wasn't supposed to speak to strangers, he nodded. "Aye, that's good advice." Then he hummed, before finally smirking. "Tell you what. If we get to know each other better, then we won't be strangers, will we? Then you won't have any issues talking to me."
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Her expression fell, at this tragically accurate point. Seren didn't have a map, and perhaps that was the reason why she hadn't found anything yet. She had already drawn breath to ask where she might find one, when she again recalled that she wasn't supposed to be talking.

Aah, it was a silly rule.

But then the man made another comment, and Seren narrowed her eyes on him. A voice at the back of her mind suggested that this probably was not how things worked. But she was burning with questions, and Haai was right there and what could go wrong?

"What is your name?" she asked him, still not entirely convinced by the flawed logic - but also far too curious to listen to her own misgivings.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
When the girl asked for his name, Saiden grinned. In fact, his expression was practically beaming. Setting his rod down, he sat in the sand. However, he was still a safe distance from her, just in case. "My name is Saiden Hali. What's yours?" His tone was weirdly fond, and he found he couldn't stop smiling.

It gained a little bit of a mischievous edge as he leaned forward just slightly towards her. "What made you want to go seek out pirate treasure? You know they guard it to keep it safe, don't you?" That too came out as if he was revealing a secret.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
How odd, he seemed so happy that she asked. Seren was more used to her questions being met with patient suffering. The name he gave her was pleasant, and not only because it started on the same letter as her own and Mother's names.

"My name is Seren Taliesin. That is Haai, she is the pet of my best friend." Again she pointed up at the griffin, and waved a small hand to show everything was alright. Haai made a little swoop down towards the girl, before gradually ascending higher up in the sky.

Looking back at Saiden, she smiled, wide and warm and open. "My friend is a pirate! He is sad, so I wanted to find treasure for him so he can be happy." She didn't really have any secrets to reveal, so her tone was only bright and cheerful, the care she had for her friend heartfelt and unmistakeable.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
When Seren revealed her name, Saiden blinked. Then his smile blossomed into a full on grin. "Taliesin, eh? Any relation to Ronin Taliesin?" The name couldn't possibly be a coincidence. "It's nice to meet you Seren. And you Haai." He gave both the griffin and the girl a friendly nod.

When she mentioned her friend was a pirate, the cook laughed. "Is that so? Who's your friend? Maybe I know him."

Then he scooted a bit closer to her in the sand, reaching back to grab his fishing rod. "Did you ask him if he already had enough treasure? Maybe he has a map for you." The cook's voice was amused.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Oh, this was much more the reaction she wanted when saying who she was. His grin and question was rewarded with a brilliant smile from the girl, and in an instant she had bounded closer, hands clasped behind her back as she took him in with renewed interest.

"Ronin is my dad!" she announced proudly. "Are you his friend?" That would make everything a lot easier, because if this man knew Father then he wasn't really a stranger at all.

"My friend's name is Sunjata! He has a boxing ring and he's a mermaid pirate. And I couldn't ask him for a map because then it wouldn't be a surprise. Are you a pirate too?" Her face was full of wild expectation at this prospect.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
When Seren revealed she was Ronin's daughter, Saiden's eyes widened with surprise. "So who's your mom?" It came out mildly curious, but his gaze remainder fixed on the child.

Laughing at her question about his friendship with her father, the cook shrugged. "Kind of.” Although she moved closer he stayed right where he was. ”He married my sister, Vanya. And his other daughter was...my niece.” For a moment his easy going demeanor was gone and his face was grief-stricken.

Then he was back to smiling at her. ”I don’t know Sunjata. Or any mermaids. But I’m a pirate too.” He winked at her, obviously amused to be calling himself that, and at the notion of a mermaid pirate.