life is sweet here
open
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5337
hide your secrets, disguise your weakness
and lose yourself inside your busy head
I have heard of you.” He replies easily, pausing as suddenly Seren is answering the question poised, tugging on his clothes with all the fervor of a child that wished to be held. A muscle feathers in his jaw, but he reaches down to lift her, giving her a space to bury her head and hide away if she wishes to. “It’s okay Seren.” He coos to her gently, before his gaze returns to Saiden.

A brow raises in quiet interest at the mention of him being Ronin’s brother in law though there’s some amusement to whether or not Saiden thinks he has some right to ensure Seren’s safety. The question returns back to Sunjata, and he tilts his head a small amount as he regards the other bronze toned man — not quite as tall, but certainly a Torchliner. “When Ronin or Remi aren’t around, she’s in my charge.” He replies easily, confidently.
burn your bridges, and leave no witnesses
all alone inside your busy head
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
Sunjata finally got the hint and picked her up, and Seren clasped her arms around his neck. Burying her face into his shoulder, the worst of the sobbing subsided almost immediately, with the added safety of close contact. And indeed, the reassurance he offered too. He wasn't Father, but Sunjata really was the second best thing.

It didn't really matter to her what they were talking about. While she did notice Saiden's apology, it was met with a sulky shake of the head, a swaying mop of black hair all the forgiveness she had to offer at the moment.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just take your time wherever you go
As Sunjata scooped up Seren and the girl happily snuggled into the other man's arms, Saiden relaxed imperceptibly. "Is that so? All good things, I'm sure." He smiled, though it was far from friendly. "Now that I think about it, she did mention her name." That, along with her reaction, was enough to get him to lift his hand from his sword and send the water back to the sea (though he kept hold of his magic).

Suddenly smiling for real, he started walking slowly towards Sunjata. "If it's all the same to you, I'll let Ronin or Remi tell me that." The cook's voice was cheerful and friendly, though his eyes never left the other man.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He holds her close, gaze following Saiden as the magic is released back to the water and the hand lifts from the sword. It doesn’t relieve him at all, however, and his gaze remains narrow as Saiden comments ‘all good things’, wanting to laugh at it before humming lightly beneath his breath. “Mostly about cloud mantas and favors.” A raise of his brow to see if Saiden remembers it at all.

Not like it matters anymore anyway.

Instead, he focuses on the shift to a truer looking smile though Sunjata remains on the fence. “Yeah well, like I said. They’re not around right now. Hence why I’m here.” A tilt of his head to that. “But, we’re neighbors. So you’re welcome to come and wait if that’s what you want.” A raise of his brow.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren
Only the occasional hiccup remained of the girl's sobs, but the turmoil of complicated emotions kept storming inside. She kept thinking about Mother, of her beautiful face and soft hands, and how very long it had been since she saw her. No more than a few days really, but what is time to a child?

"I wanna go home," she pined in a quiet whimper, half muffled against Sunjata's shoulder. "I want Mama..." Only, she wasn't supposed to go back to the stars yet.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Arching an eyebrow at Sunjata, Saiden crossed his arms. "Ah." Someone passing through the Hollowed Ground had mentioned seeing his name on the notice board there and news had gotten back to him. "So you're that fellow." It was clear he wasn't particularly impressed with the other man.

Still, at Sunjata's offer and Seren's request they go home, the cook's expression softened. Lowering his arms, he smiled at the girl, even though she still wasn't looking at her. "I think that's an excellent idea. Why don't we take you home now?" Where the Hali would wait to speak to someone who would hopefully explain this whole mess. He glanced up at the other man, finally nodding in acceptance of his offer.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The small hiccups are met with Sunjata’s freehand coming up to rest at Seren’s back, keeping her close as she buries her face into his shoulder. “I know, soet.” He rumbles to her in response to Safrin – though she can’t, not yet, and instead his gaze remains on Saiden as he approaches further, agreeing with Seren for the mention of home, to which Sunjata shifts his weight a small amount with a nod.

Follow the trail past the lighthouse.” He offers, beginning to step up the pathway leading from the beach toward the top. Haai settles in at his back to give some distance between him and Saiden, ears still lowered with some hidden defense at the ready just in case. Sunjata, however, keeps his gaze toward the path with Seren within his arms. “Your mother is still with you, you know.” He rumbles, trying to catch that bright blue gaze. “Even when you can’t see the stars during the day, they’re there. She's watching.
SUNJATA
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The cadence of his step was soothing. Sunjata's words was a rumble in her ears, close and quiet, and she listened to it as much as to what he said. Mother had said the same thing, that she was still there, but without seeing her it was really hard to believe.

Still, the gentle reassurance made her look up, and she met his sorrowful gray eyes with a gaze that was swimming with blue, her little face splotchy red and tear streaked.

"You know Mama?" she asked, and squeezed his neck a little harder. The words sounded almost the same as those Safrin had given her.

On noticing that Saiden was still there, she turned her head to gaze at him over Sunjata's shoulder. Not sure what to feel about it. She was still angry with him for hurting the worm... but she remembered being happy about calling him uncle too.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Nodding at Sunjata's instructions, Saiden's eyes narrowed as he saw the other man begin to pull ahead. Still, the cook let Sunjata take the lead; the Hali trailed behind, expression a little sad as he watched Seren continue to make their way home. Eying the griffin, Saiden didn't let that deter him.

When the girl glanced back at him, he smiled a little sadly and gave her a little wave. However, he made no move to close the gap between them. Instead, he focused on maintaining the current distance, and not letting Sunjata disappear without Saiden getting some answers he felt he more than deserved.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She squeezes her arms around his neck with a poised question that causes a quiet rumble of amusement to slip from his throat. “I do.” He doesn’t tell her exactly what he’s done with said goddess, but he does tell her that he knows her. “She Attuned me. Which is why I can turn into birds or cats or bats.” He lists off a few before his voice lowers a small amount. “That’s also why I can be a mermaid.” He glances to her with a raise of his brow, some of the sadness wafting away in favor for that little fun fact that she always liked to bring up.

The house comes into view after a bit of walking, however, and the distance being kept is a small point in Saiden’s book as Haai keeps it there and steady. His gaze lingers on Ronin and Remi’s home, the wagon out front, before he diverts toward his home, pausing to turn back toward Saiden with a gesture toward the Taliesin home. “That’s theirs.” He offers, before stepping toward his own.
SUNJATA
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Saiden smiled and waved at her, and Seren gazed at him rather seriously. After some hesitation, she shifted her hands around Sunjata's neck and waved back. A small, timid gesture, but at least a response.

Returning her attention to Sunjata, she listened with teary gravity to his reply. The reminder of his mermaid status did manage to lure a smile onto her face, though it was a far cry from the usual dazzling awe it normally warranted. "Did she give you Haai too?" she wondered. "I want a dragon friend, just like daddy."

The houses came into view, and though it wasn't the home she had meant, it was still home. "My room is there," she said, turning to Saiden; her hand pointed out the far corner of the house Sunjata had indicated. She absolutely had no objections to going into the other house however, and ducked under low hanging vines full of purple flowers with an ease that suggested she had been carried onto this porch before.

Breathing deep the scent of the blossoms, she leaned in to press her cheek to Sunjata's for a moment, then shifted, indicating she could come down now.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
As Seren actually waved back, Saiden's smile regained a bit more of its vibrancy. He also waved with more vigor. Still as they approached the houses, he felt that slight burst of happiness dissipate.

Walking up to Sunjata and the girl, the cook glanced at the house she indicated. Grinning, he nodded at her. "That's very exciting. I didn't have my own room growing up. Maybe you can show it to me some time?" There was something a little pathetically hopeful about his voice.

Standing up, he ducked under the porch as well. Standing there, he crossed his arms as he waited to see what the other man might do or say.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The smile is a small amount relieving, and he offers her a small one back. “She didn’t. I found Haai in the Hollowed Grounds.” He tells her lightly, before the words of dragons pulsed allowed gave him some other sort of memory that panged deep within and he focuses on the other tasks at hand. “What color dragon?” He asks, giving a bit of a distraction from his own inner turmoiling thoughts.

They reach the home and Seren points toward which was her home, where her room was, and once they reach his own home he’s surprised at the tender hug the girl gives him – pausing before putting her down. He lets her choose to run inside if she wanted, Haai nudging the girl within, before he enters and makes room for Saiden to follow – slipping away toward the kitchen to put up the daggers from Safrin.

You want something to drink while we wait?” He asks with a tilt of his head, grabbing a glass and filling it with water for the demigod.
SUNJATA
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
"Oh, okay. Where is that?" She hadn't heard anyone mention that place before.

What color would she like her dragon to be? Seren gave it some serious thought. Sugar was white, so she didn't want that, and Haai was black so she didn't want that either. Then she found a good alternative and brightened a bit further, properly distracted from her home sickness with the chatter. "I want it blue, like your bird!" she declared, slightly more vivacious with every passing moments. Her bouts of sadness were like summer shudders, as sudden to appear as they were to leave.

Once on her own feet, Seren tumbled in through the door with Haai in tow, and together they rushed straight towards the couch, all shaggy haired and dirty pawed, both griffin and girl alike. Seren knew an excellent game of catch-your-ears that required a certain elevation, and the couch was perfect for it.