Stardust soul
Delphia <3
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
At night, when the stars were shining bright from a cloudless sky, Seren found it hard to sleep. This was a secret she kept from Father and Remi, and from Sunjata too. Most times when they thought she had drifted off, the starchild lay awake in her bed and gazed out through the window at the night, with a feeling like ants crawling under her skin.

Only the night knew that she sometimes crept out of her cot and stole on silent feet from the reclaimed house, off through the wild-grown garden and off to the lighthouse. With her talent for making herself lighter, it was not hard to run the long distance in a surprisingly short amount of time, and she could often be found nestled into a crevice by the foot of the tall structure. Gazing out on the stars and the night black ocean.

This evening was no different. After leaving a flower by her sister's grave, Seren made her way off towards the usual spot, her small feet bare as usual. There was an ache in her chest, and she felt less happy than usual when she looked up at the stars this time.

It felt like an awfully long time had passed since she had left Mother.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHIA
Torchline, Delphia had found, was full of lost souls. Though her assigned post was the Greatwood, she could not help but find herself drawn back time and time again. So many souls to collect and soothe, to send back to Mort to finally rest. It was the purpose for which she was made, how could she not find herself back in this place so in need of rebalancing?

Moreover, it was a perfect place to continue Tishy's training. She sent the kitten off in search of souls, knowing they would be brought back to her...though they might be a bit knocked about. As most were already jostled, the kitten's less than delicate handling wouldn't change much, so she could teach her to be more gentle without fear of harming the souls.

This evening was one such training session, and Delphia sat perched upon the rocks, waiting for her kitten to return. It did not take long though, her instincts from her previous life keen and intact, and soon enough the cat sith came scurrying back with her quarry. The soul of a young woman who had cast herself into the sea upon learning her beloved had also been lost to it. "Very good, Tishy." she said softly, scratching between the kitten's ears as she released the soul into her palm. "There now, sweetling. Time for you to go rest with Mort. He has been waiting for you." she said, before sending the little ball of light shooting up into the sky, to her father's realm.
the trouble is: you think you have time
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren
While falling stars were not an uncommon sight, they rarely returned back to the dark heavens, as far as Seren knew. The bright light that shot up from the rocks not far away drew her attention right away, and she went to investigate.

Bare feet navigated the girl cool rocks with a deftness that came from practice and utter lack of fear. It didn't take her long to find the woman, and Seren watched her and the cat that was with her with wide eyes, curious. It was the first time she had encountered anyone out here in the night.

"Hello! What are you doing?" The girl inched forward a little more, inexplicably drawn in.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia knew of her approach long before Seren spoke or came into view. The spirits whispered and swelled - it had been a long time since a true child of Safrin had been born into the world. It sent a stir, a buzz through the world. What would she become? How bright would she shine? Or would she fall into darkness? So many possibilities...

She turned to face the girl when she spoke, smiling at her warmly. "Hello there. You're out awfully late, little one." she said lovingly. She turned back to face the sky once more, where the soul had just been sent. "I am collecting lost souls and sending them to my father where they belong."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Seren smiled back, loving warmth met, absorbed and reflected back in her own expression. It was almost like the game of 'love you more' she used to play with Mother.

"I wanted to see the stars, and talk to Mama," she explained. "Who is your father? My name is Seren Taliesin, what is your name? Can you see my soul too?" The idea was every interesting, and made the child look down on herself, as if it might somehow shine through her chest. But alas, all the saw was the plain white dress the vad worn when Mother brought her here.

It seemed an awfully long time ago.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
"I see. Well I am sure your mother can hear even when the stars cannot be seen." Delphia said, patting the ground next to her for the girl to come sit. "You are the child of Safrin the spirits have told me of, are you not?" she asked.

As the child went on a ramage of questions, Delphia laughed lightly, the haunted sound somehow echoing in the open space. "So many questions, little Seren." she said. If the child had gotten close enough, she would pat her head like her own father did when she was this small. "My name is Delphia Thanatos, and my father is Mort, the God of Death." she said, smiling at her warmly. "Yes, your soul is right here, as bright and shining as any of Safrin's stars." she said, tapping her chest just above her heart.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
It didn't take much encoragement for Seren to come over. She dumped herself on the rock beside Delphia without preamble, and listened eagerly to the answers, so generously offered.

"Oooh, that means you are a demi-god just like me!" The conclusion was easily made. "Are we family too?"

The pat on her head made the girl giggle. She reached up a small hand to return the gesture, very proud and happy to have a shiny soul. "No one really tell me anything, so I have to ask questions," she explained. "Mama says I need to learn about being mortal and living here, so I try to understand everything."

It was just so very easy to get distracted.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia almost smiled, the corners of her eyes crinkling though it did not reach her lips. "Indeed I am. We are few, but you are far from alone in this world, starling." she said sweetly. As far as being related..."In a way. We are like...cousins. You descend from the line of the gods of life, and I the god of death." she explained.

She laughed and tilted her head down so Seren could pat her head in return. "Humans do not tell their little ones a great many things when they are small like you. Soon enough, as you grow you will learn more." she said. Her head tilted a bit and she smiled a little at the girl. "You have much to learn then! But do not fret too much. Most spend their whole lives trying to understand what it means to be mortal."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
All in all, it sounded much like everything else she had been told so far. Wait. It will come in time. Almost related. Not quite.

But it did nothing to quell the restlessness in her little soul, and with only a hum that didn't sound quite pleased, Seren looked back up at the stars. In the still night, they were very bright and lined the heavens like a river of dotted light, yet compared to being among them like she had been, they now seemed awfully far away.

"I want to go home," she sighed, wistful as she gave in the rare impulse to complain. Maybe Delphia would understand the feeling, of not quite being where you were supposed to be. Of not quite belonging, where you were now.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia smiled at her warmly. Gently, she wrapped her arm around Seren's shoulder, tucking her close to her side if she allowed. "I used to say things like that when I was little like you." she said softly. "It is hard here. Nowhere feels quite right. I used to beg my father to take me home with him." she said, laughing lightly. Clearly at that age, she didn't quite understand exactly what that entailed.

"But here is where we are needed. There are few of us, who both know the world of the gods and the world of the mortals. I bridge the gap between here and death. You bridge the gap between here and the stars." she said, grinning at her.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Seren didn't protest being held, and snuggled up to Delphia like she'd known her for a lifetime, not mere minutes. The stars were twinkling softly, and the sea below was very dark. When the breeze whispered over the rocks and plucked at the locks of her hair, it sounded almost like whispers.

"I am needed?" she murmured. "Mama did not say that..." It helped, a little. Learning was hard, and it was difficult to be impatient. Sometimes her body and her mind felt at odds with each other, not quite agreed on the pace at which to grow and absorb things... But the idea that she was helping just by being, that made everything feel a little bit calmer.

"Is your daddy nice?" she asked, glancing up at her almost-cousin's face. Curious.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia stroked a hand over her loose curls, enjoying the close contact. Snuggling really was the best thing for the soul. And she hummed and nodded at her questions. "Because you are young, and for now learning to exist in this world is all you need worry about. The more you learn, the more prepared you will be when greater things are asked of you." she said with a grin before playfully flicking her nose. "Though like your mother I am sure you will be perfect as any creation of Vi's."

She laughed, the haunted sound ringing out in the open space. "Mort is the kindest of the gods. He is the god who gave mortals the capacity to love, starling."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She scrunched her nose up, as it was poked. Pouted for a moment, then giggled. Her own fingers tried to scrabble at Delphia's side, to offer a proper tickling as revenge.

"Mama is kind too!" she said, with a slight note of protest. "She loves me and daddy lots and lots!" And it was all that mattered, right? "Think how fun it would be to meet all the family in the same place," she dreamed, a touch wistful. Safrin and Mort, Vi and Ludo and Rae, Frey and all the demigods... It would be amazing.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia laughed as her side was tickled, though more at the child's antics than at any actual tickling sensation. "Indeed, your mother is kind. But she is a goddess of life, and life is hard sometimes. So too must your mother be. Like sending you to live here, when it would have been much easier to keep you amongst her brightest stars." she said lovingly.

She hummed low, looking up at the stars. All the gods and their demigod and goddess children gathered together. "Such a thing has never happened before, I do not think, starling. Vi and Rae and Mort...their work is so consuming that spending minutes with us is like losing years of their time."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3