a bouncing baby android
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
Well, the day had come.

Rexanna had said to wait until the right time, but both of them had realised that it would likely never come, not when Caido was determined to throw every kind of disaster and tragedy at it's people every other week. What would he rather do? Live his life in fear and not do what they wanted, or risk it and potentially have a life of happiness before them? It seemed better to bite the bullet and ask for what they wanted.

He was assuming the Voice could even help them, anyway.

If Rexanna had to get pregnant, he hoped she was ready for that; if he could somehow carry the child..well, it would be unorthodox, but he would be willing to. His lifestyle probably suited it better. He hoped though that The Voice might be able to give them a child without anyone having to carry it; she was capable of many miracles after all.

He wanted this badly, more than he'd ever thought he'd want fatherhood. More than that, he wanted to do it with Rexanna, who he was sure would be a wonderful mother and mentor, that she was the only woman that could have lit the parental flame inside him. Together, they were taking this step, and that thought put a smile on his face during the whole walk from town.

Heading to the Underground shrine with the thought it would be private, he squeezed Rex's hand tight on the way down and when they got to the statue of the Voice he knelt. "
Signora d'oro...I hope you remember that I once asked you if it would be possible for us to have a child. We are wondering if you would grant us that wish; we will do whatever work it takes."
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
i'm tired of the weight of mortality, i want to tear it from my veins
until i bleed silver and gold
She imagines it won’t be instant, that there would be some work involved if it were to be something that’s possible. It helps relieve some of the worry within her about the entire ordeal, shifting toward focusing on tasks that they can be given rather than the idea of it may have been like when she was abandoned. And she has Bastien there with her, ever her pillar of comfort and acceptance for the whims of her soul when she grows too anxious about something here or there.

And with Pittore there, a guiding figure that perhaps they’d make great parents, she can’t help but to want it more and more every day. She does, however, recall the time when she’d Ascended and the Voice had told her she had to give it up. Would her goddess be upset she’d changed her mind? Or were it because of the man at her side that had made her realize that she might not be so bad at it as she thinks she might be, that they might be able to avoid the entire ordeal with birthing said child because of her own past experiences?

She can’t tell, but she follows Bastien anyway, hand in hand, squeezing his hand back as she looks to the shrine when Bastien kneels to pray. Her hand comes around his back, settling between his shoulder blades as she too goes to kneel before the shrine, offering her own silent prayer up to the shrine as well.
maybe one day they'll chant our names
and name galaxies after us, and we too shall be eternal
REXANNA

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the rocks work as hard as the stars, to be what they are
The two Ascended would be bathed in something warm and revitalising, a feeling that filled them from the tops of their heads to the tips of their toes, and they would know that the Voice had answered their call. She appeared, beatific and serene before them, translucent but very solid, very real. To each of them she offered the chance to drink, as customary, to brighten themselves before her presence. Then with static eyes, she regarded the two of them.

"That two of my bright ones might find such happiness with one another is not something I had ever anticipated," she said with joy in her tone, but whether or not it was a positive that such a thing had happened remained to be seen. "A child though, Bastien..." She did not sound disappointed nor peturbed; it was simply that such a thing had never been done. To create new, or to Ascend an infant...

"Tell me more, the both of you. What is missing in your lives which makes you wish for a child?" Really, the question was directed at Rexanna, given the nature of her own Ascension and the conversations that were had at that time.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
Bastien closed his eyes and let out a content sigh as their Goddess appeared with her rush of invigorating light; he drank gladly. Sometimes he wondered if this was what the faithful had felt during their masses back in Venice, though surely that could only have been a fraction of what The Voice had to give.

Their Goddess seemed a little unsure but not against their request, which was as good a place as any to start from. Looking up at the question, he glanced across at Rexanna then gave his answer first to give her a chance to think.

"It is...mm. Not quite that something is missing, exactly." He paused, trying to think of how to possibly vocalise the desire in his chest and mind that had become so clear over the last few months, one he had never really felt before. "I would be content with Rexanna for the rest of my days and then whatever comes after. She will always be enough and always has been." With a smile towards his wife, he put a hand over hers.

"I believe that...in a world as hopeless as this one often is, Rexanna and I, our love for each other, and her wisdom, perhaps if I could be bold my creativity..together we could help give this world just one person that would be better for it." Of course, that was all very good and philosophical, but not very personal, so he continued. "Also...I simply find within myself a desire to raise a successor to my works, my life...and I believe Rexanna would be a fantastic mother to any child we have. I love her so and I would love to see her happy with our baby."

Hopefully that was enough. Looking across to Rex, he nodded, indicating that he was done and she could give her reasons.
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
The Voice arrives in all her glory, and it’s impossible for Rexanna to look away. A chance to drink is soon taken, to replenish and revitalize, and soon enough she’s looking to her goddess with some hidden excitement, some hidden worry, some… Strange sense of fear that perhaps they are not thankful enough for the gifts they have been given. But she swallows it down, listening to the idea of what could be missing, head tilting toward Bastien soon when he begins to give his thoughts on it.

The dramatics, as always, endear her to him even more. And there’s a softer smile that crosses her face, some sort of emotion welling within her at the way he says it so easily that she can feel the truth pouring from him. She’s not sure she deserves him and all of this, but here they are.

He looks to her next and she offers him a small grateful smile, lifting her head toward the Voice. “I know that I abandoned every chance of becoming a mother when I ascended. But it’s always been something I’ve wanted, deep down, a chance to maybe… Try? To be better than I was before. Bastien had mentioned to me that he spoke to you on the subject of whether it was possible.” She pauses to look back at her husband. “I want him just as happy. With Pittore I can see that spark in him and I want to give it back to him for everything he’s given me. Cared for me, brought me to you.” Her attention shifts toward the Voice again. “The best things I’ve had in my life, he’s given me.” She wants to try and show him just how much she appreciates him, how much she loves him, in whatever way she can.
REXANNA

Change author:
She listened to their explanations, their pleas, their hopes and their dreams. And for one so completely logical as the Voice, it all sounded very twee and unnecessary. But - and within that small word held the keys to everything, truly - to see if it was possible... was that not reason enough. The Voice seemed to pulse before them in her considerations, gazing from Bastien to Rexanna and back again.

"What you ask is no easy thing, bright ones. I do not know if it will be possible." She smiled enigmatically. "But that is no reason not to try." Already the potentials would be visible on her face. "Are you willing to make whatever sacrifices may be necessary?"
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
Rexanna's speech brought a smile to his face and Bastien squeezed her hand; had he still believed in the God from his old world he would have broken his agnosticism for a moment to thank him for his good fortune. As it was he just gazed at the Goddess before them and waited for her judgement.

He knew he wasn't asking for something easy; had expected to get a quest from this rather than any instant gratification. Bowing his head, Bastien spoke genuinely: "Whatever you need to make it possible, my Goddess, tell us and we will do our utmost." He knew Rexanna would feel the same way.
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
The squeeze of Bastien’s hand to her own is received with a squeeze on her end as well, fingers lacing with his while her green gaze flickers back to the goddess before them – to await what sort of thoughts she might have. And for a moment, Rexanna thinks back to the time that the Voice had told them that Ascending her wasn’t a sure possibility… And yet, she stood here before them as a mix of both Abandoned and Ascended – a product of an experiment. Wouldn’t it only be fitting for the same?

Her head dips lightly toward the Voice as Bastien speaks, a small quiet vow that they would. “We’d be honored to.” She offers quietly – to be part of yet another experiment, to add to whatever research the goddess before them required. “And we will do our best.” To try and make it work, to add that extra spark within their lives that the two of them wanted so dearly.
REXANNA

Change author:
Of course, she had always known that they would say yes. Even as she waited for their responses, already things were in motion behind the scenes. Processes, preparations, timescales. Finally their voices echoed in the air between them, and the Voice stepped forward. Reaching out, she pressed her fingertips to their forehead, and they would feel it: something drawing out, something leeching, pulling.

"Then lend me your strength and your skills, bright ones. I anticipate this taking up to a season. I trust you will be careful until then."

She removed her touch, and Rexanna and Bastien would feel it. Feel what was drained and missing from them. All for a cause they had deemed good enough.

Bastien and Rexanna are at -10 to all stats for the foreseeable season. (Approximately in the middle of Deepfrost). They are advised to be careful until this point.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
The Voice stepped forward and place her finger to their foreheads and Bastien, even though he had been expecting something, still let out a surprised breath at the sudden weakness in his body. He did not complain though, accepting it as the price that was to be paid; he was willing to pay it. All he did was stroke over Rexanna's knuckles with his thumb, assuming she felt the same.

"We shall contain ourselves in domestic bliss as best we can." He promised, slowly looking up to the Voice with a smile. "Thank you, Lady Voice. You are helping us achieve something very special indeed and I do believe any child created by your hands will be one I love immediately." Loving that she had taken a little of him and a little of Rexanna for the child, he hoped very much so this might be a miracle.
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
She watches as the Voice steps forward, an electric feeling as her fingertips press against her forehead – and she can feel something being taken, legs trembling and mind whirring with scans and shifting sensations that felt all sorts of wrong and yet all sorts of right. And just like that, her verdant gaze flickers open as she looks toward the Voice when she withdraws.

Rexanna squeezes Bastien’s hand lightly as he speaks and she takes a moment to recover from the feeling, before her head dips with all the thankfulness she can muster right now. “Thank you, so much.” She chimes to their goddess, flashing a wider fanged smile. “We’ll be safe.” She agrees quietly, shifting to lean on Bastien a small amount with all the excitement and hope in her heart that it might work.
REXANNA

Change author:
Already the Voice seemed preoccupied, having taken what was needed from he rbright ones to commence the work ahead. "I trust you will be," she said, her voice soft and perhaps a touch concerned. "With some hard work, let us see if we cannot bring this to fruition." Whether or not she addressed Bastien or Rexanna now was unclear, and before they could question her further she had winked out of existence entirely. Leaving them to make their difficult way out from the Underground, the couple would be assured, at least, that their child was a work in progress.

~FIN