Time to Make Amends
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine Mountrose
Forsake your loved ones, to protect yourself.
The children were bundled up warmly with various pelts of small animals she'd trapped over the years they had spent in the cave. She, herself, wore very little in the way of furs. She had been trading excess meat when she could, and helping those who were injured to any extent that she was able, keep the girls in new clothes--as well as herself.

She had never shared her name, her home location, or anything that might lead someone to find her when she had left the cave. The children never ventured far from the cave that they called home either. Of course, this meant that both Acantha and Bryony were a bit small for their age, and definitely socially stunted.

Delphine wore a thick dress, created from various sizes and colors of patchwork material, whatever she could find or afford. The life of living in a cave out of fear of her husband meant that well, she was cautious, she had to learn to live on her own, and she had to raise her children without the luxuries she had grown accustomed too.

It was a lot of adjustment. The Hollowed Grounds were home, but not really, at the same time. Grasping the children tightly to her chest, Delphine had traveled to the ruins of the Spire, through the portal she thought might lead her to find Zariah, Poe the pink Galah perched in her hair.

It was cold when they came through the portal. But she had been expecting that, and the girls complained about the lack of warmth, snuggling closer to her, as she adjusted the thin, worn cloak she had managed to trade for from someone or another. It was not the best deal she could have gotten, but what could she do when she was lacking a proper job and home?

A few years seemed to be long enough; if Bellamy had wanted to find them, he would have. She was never his favorite wife, nothing more than a trophy to show off, and she wanted to find an old friend--if that old friend would even speak to her--and tell her that she had been right.

The temperature was... well, colder than she expected, and she adjusted to lower the girls' to the ground. She might have been better off leaving them in the cave, but she had no idea how long she would be gone for. And she had no friends, nobody who she trusted enough to watch the children.

The little trio stood in front of the portal, as Delphine studied her surroundings, shivering slightly. "Mama? Can we go home?" The little hand that tugged her back towards the portal was pale, Bryony didn't appreciate change.

"Sorry, darling. I think an old friend lives around here," She was following a rumor that she'd heard when she was out bartering for clothing, she only hoped it was right or dealing with the cold was for naught.

"You never wanna 'splore," accused Acantha of her sister, reaching out to whack the other girl on the shoulder. "And the one time we get to 'splore, you're gonna whine! Big baby," she spat, tugging her mother's hand to remind the woman to move forwards.

Delphine didn't address the quarrel between her children, instead, she moved slowly, cautiously searching for exit routes and more. Best to be prepared to yank the children up and run, if she had too. She still was not much of a fighter.

At the moment, she wasn't even much of a healer, or even really a person. She had been cautious before, but now...? She was so cautious it got in the way of living her life, as the last two years had proven.

"Where's your friend at, Mama?" Bryony asked, quietly, staring around. "Why would they live out here? It's cold."

A quiet chuckle left the woman and she mused, "Well, I think we have to walk a bit before we would find my friend." She had told the children about Zariah, about Remington, but never about their father. They'd been infants prior to coming to Caido. As far as the girls' knew, they didn't have a father, and that was how Delphine liked it.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ZARIAH
"Well, well, well...look what the Voice dragged in."

The drawl would likely be familiar, even after all these years. Scathing. Cold as ice. Condescending. She was called the Merciless for a reason after all.

Zariah appeared from around a bend in the path through the Fangs, well worn now from all the travellers Halo recieved. She wore heavy Ursur furs, died black of course, wild curls whipping in the wind. Even in the snow her boots had heels, ridiculous in height but somehow she moved with effortless grace. The Archmage sneered at the woman and the two girls, looking them over. "Rags. Handme down clothes. My, my, how the mighty have fallen." she said snickering at the sight of her once friend.

Who had betrayed her of course for Bellamy Rowan of all people. The one time she had given advice from her heart and it was cast aside. Never again.

"You always dove into things stupidly unprepared, didn't you, Delphine?"
heavy is the crown
but never for a queen

Coding base by Sky!
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine Mountrose
Delphine's lips turned upwards slightly, "You told me once, that I was just his pet." She shifted to pull a cowaring Bryony into her arms, "You were right. He never taught me to take care of myself." Caring for children came naturally to Delphine, though. She had cared for Iris's child by Bellamy.

To the question, the woman offered a shrug. "We got here and... my instincts told me to run. So I ran, and hid, and then I stayed hidden because..." She tousled Acantha's hair, "...what kind of master lets the pet keep his cherished children? I don't think he's coming," she hoped he wasn't.

"We're tired of hiding under a rock. Not a ton of ways to get the things you need, when eighty-five percent of your life is spent in a cave, hidden away." she explained, biting her lip in thought.

"One of the people I healed, in return for something or another," she waved her hand, that had been a while ago, "They talked about an academy of magic." She seemed to be unable to access the magic she had once had, and she wanted to learn more. "They also mentioned your name. So I wouldn't really call this... unprepared. The children are well-dressed." She always had a habit of focusing on others before herself.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
ZARIAH
"What, so you'll freeze to death in front of your well dressed children, and their cries for mommy will call in the Ursurs?" Zariah said, raising a brow as she glanced at them. Spawn of Bellamy, regardless of their mother's heritage. And here she would have thought such a talented man would have created something more...remarkable. Memorable. Children of worth. These were nothing but snivelling brats.

Though, what was to be expected when their mother was nothing more than his poor bred whore?

"So you come out from under your rock to a frozen tundra hoping your old friend would take pity and reteach you magic? That would involve you listening to me, which you've not a good track record of." she said, eyes dark.
heavy is the crown
but never for a queen

Coding base by Sky!
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine Mountrose
Delphine glanced to Acantha, as she adjusted Bryony in her arms. "Okay, you have a point. Nobody else is... really around to take them if I die, so I should really stop being so destructive." She huffed that last statement.

While Bryony was sniffling in her mother's arms, Acantha was utterly enthralled by the stranger in front of them, and she eventually wiggled free of her mother's grasp, to walk right up to Zariah and inquire: "You do magic? Mama does magic?" The girl turned to peer at her mother suspiciously. "She told us magic was just a tale." The girl seemed pissed off.

"I have nobody else to listen too. Nobody telling me that I'm not 'allowed' to do something," she stated, "And I don't really... know anything about this world." She murmured, shifting her weight. "But I want to learn, I want to learn to thrive without a master." She'd never admitted that before, she had always been complacent to her husband's whims and desires.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
"You have children. There is nothing self destructive about it." she said snidely. Her eyes glanced down at the child who spoke up, expressionless and distant. Slowly she lifted her hand and with a flourish a little lightning dragon formed and swirled around her hand. After a few circles she snapped, and the dragon charged the girl with jaws wide. At the last moment it exploded, the lightning bolts harmlessly shooting to the ground on either side of the mother and twins.

"And so you came to me, the head of a powerful family, that you've scorned before, to teach you how to thrive without a master." she said dryly.
heavy is the crown
but never for a queen

Coding base by Sky!
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine Mountrose
Delphine was quiet, watching Acantha's reaction to the show of magic. The little girl squealed, clapping her hands, even as the dragon charged her. She didn't flinch away. The girl giggled quietly, turning to see how her sister had reacted, and the little cowaring girl had actually reached out to try and catch bits of the lightning bolts, squirming to be placed down. Her mother assented, and turned her full focus to Zariah.

"Or ask you to be my master." She shrugged, "I was never good at deciding what was the best thing for myself. But I am useful." When someone else called the shots. That was the problem in the first place.

"I want to learn for them," she nodded to the two girls, who were on the ground searching out lightning bolts. "And for myself."