so you could follow me
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun had managed to get Letha to cover just as the first fingers of dawn crept onto the horizon. They'd huddled up in an inn by the portal. As they waited for nightfall, he answered what questions he could of hers.

However, it was eventually dark again, and he brought her over to the portal. Then through it, giving her careful instructions for how to navigate its mists. They emerged into the Spire, and he led her up the stairs. "Welcome to the Hollowed Ground. This here is the Spire. I'd stay away from it except to use the portal."

Emerging into the woods, he glanced up at the sky. "I figure I'll take you to my studio, get you all sorted out. Sound good?" Without waiting for her response, he began leading her through the forest, heading for the Sanctuary which was a good distance away.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 11 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LETHA
The woman's head swam with all of the information that had been downloaded to her the last day and a half. it was overwhelming, and Letha was happy to have some time to travel. She needed to move her body to balance out her mind. Amun was taking her to where she could meet the Voice, to seek out answers to questions that he did not know. The thought made her heart flutter with anticipation.

To say she was not nervous to step through the portal would be a lie. He had reassured her that it would all be fine, that this was not like the portal that had initially brought her into Caido. This one would not wipe her memories. Still, the newly Ascended woman could not help but hold her breath as they moved through the portal. It didn't have the same effect as it did before, and she inwardly sighed when she remembered that she did not even have to breathe.

As Amun kept moving, so did she. She imagined that if she had not been transformed to this new state that she would be exhausted from all of this. Emotionally, she was starting to get there. However, she lifted her brow in intrigue when Amun mentioned his studio. "You're an artist?" she asked, kicking herself for not asking him more questions about himself in their time together.

You can't choose what stays and what fades away
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Thankfully, they managed to get through the portal without incident. Amun had found himself holding his breathe as he watched Letha, and when she stepped through he started actually breathing again (not that he needed to). Chuckling at her question, he nodded. "Among other things. But yes, I'm a part of the Artist's Sanctuary here. And I have a pottery studio." Sounding proud of that particular accomplishment, he grinned at her.

Then his expression grew thoughtful. "Does that interest you? The arts, I mean." His voice came out idly, and the questions were only mildly curious. However, he continued to watch her carefully as he waited for her response.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LETHA
She did not even have to think before answering his question. "Yes, that is something that interests me very much." She sounded hurried, her tonal inflection reflecting her excitement. She needed to feel something familiar, and a group of people who were all different types of artists and crafters made her heart sing.

"I don't remember everything, but I do remember my family--I think. At least, I remember that my parents were crafters. I've go broken images of a forge, clay, stone, glass." As they walked and talked, Letha was no longer aware of their surroundings. She trusted Amun, and so she shared with him without inhibition. "Creating might be all I have really ever known."

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Grinning brightly at Letha's response, Amun gave her an excited look. "Once we've got you all set up here, I'd be happy to help you get find out what sort of art suits you." His voice and indeed everything about him was enthusiastic about the possibility.

Leading her through the trees, he glanced over at her. "Sounds like they did quite a few crafts." Tilting his head slightly, he examined her. "What about your siblings?" It came out in an idly conversational tone. However, his eyes were sharp, and they didn't leave her face. Indeed, he was watching her closely, the night no barrier to his vision.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Letha Úlfurdur

Change author:
LETHA
Letha smiled, faintly. It might have made someone else sad to try and remember their life before Caido, to speak so freely about what they did remember, but in this moment Letha felt comfortable with it. It was true that she trusted Amun, and so when he wanted more information about her family, she gave what she could.

"I think my Ma and--" she couldn't remember what she called her step-father, but she could remember his eyes. Only Ma's name remained. "--and her husband did different things. I know Ma was a mason. She worked with stone." She nodded, confident.

Flashes of children swarmed her mind, smiling and laughing and running. Hmm, a hum, gentle and with a tone of thought, rumbled from her throat. "I have--had--two siblings. All younger. The youngest are--were--twins," She didn't know what tense to use when speaking of her family, and that made the warmth she had felt in her breast initially start to run cold, "--one boy, and one girl. Just barely adults, now."

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Staying quiet as Letha recounted what she could remember from her old life, Amun just nodded along. Occasionally, he would make encouraging and understanding sounds. When she finished, he was silent for a little while longer.

"We don't have to talk about this, if you're uncomfortable." His voice was soft and understanding. Giving her a sympathetic look, he continued to lead her through the woods. "I remember how overwhelming it is to arrive here." Indeed, his easy expression faltered for a moment as he remembered that day.

Making himself grin, he clasped her shoulder. "Rest assured, you're a part of the Ascended family now." Chuckling, he released her. "We bicker and fight like all good families, but we've got each other's backs." More quietly, he added, "I know it's not the same but...it helps."
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Letha Úlfurdur

Change author:
LETHA
"It's okay. They're what I remember. It will take some time, I think, for it not to hurt being apart frrom them. But talking about them, it feels okay." She shrugged and sighed. Her family, what she remembered of them, would not fade away. She would have to make sure of that. Talking about them kept them real, even if they weren't here with her. To say she wasn't curious about their fates would be a lie.

"Are we almost to your studio?" she asked, looking over at him directly, now.

When Amun brought up the fact that there were other Ascended, that they acted like a family, Letha's face contorted a bit, skeptical and hesitant. "How many of us are there?" she inquired, genuinely curious. How many children had the Voice created? "Family...because they all follow the Voice?"

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Nodding in understanding, Amun grinned at Letha. "If that's the case, do you remember anything else about them? That you'd be comfortable sharing of course." This time, he sounded legitimately curious.

Just as she asked the question, they emerged from the trees. He pointed at the buildings now visible, which was a short walk. "It's at the heart of that town. Not too far." With that, he picked up the pace a bit, though he'd slow again if he started to move too fast for her. Still, it was night so they should both be able to make decent progress.

"Nine or ten, I'd say, including you." Shrugging at her next inquiry regarding the family, he shook his head a little. "It's not that. Or not just that." Winking at her, he gestured vaguely in the air. "We squabble and disagree, but when push comes to shove we always have each other's backs."
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Letha Úlfurdur

Change author:
LETHA
"I don't want to monopolize this friendship." Letha smiled at Amun, deciding that he was her friend. "All the time we spent in Torchline and I didn't even know you were an artist, let alone and artist with your own studio." It was true. The two of them had been focused on Letha, but she determined that that was because of the nature of two things: Amun, and her situation. Although, Letha did not see Amun was an inherently selfish person. After all, he had sacrificed all of this time just to help her feel more comfortable and at ease in this new world, in this new being she was. "You could tell me about yourself." She said, lighty, although she felt like she was prying into his business.

She nodded when he regarded her question, and she kept her pace to mach his as best she could. She was not even aware that the two of them were definitely moving faster than non-Ascended. to her, they were simply walking.

"Oh, She said. She bit her tongue inwardly. That word was falling from her lips more often than it ever had before, and she started to hate the taste of it. "That is not the number I expected." Truly, for this to be a race of people, Letha thought there to be more. Though, now looking around to where they were going, Letha did not think that was such a small population. There were definite signs of life, but this place was not teeming with people like Torchline had been. When they ventured to the inn the two of them had to dodge and weave through people. Some seeking rest for the day, like them. Others, emerging into the world to make their way, as always. In this place, however, Letha did not see anyone outside. Just the evidence that people did live here. "Do the Ascended all live here?" She asked, wondering if they shared proximity like her family had.

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun chuckled. "I'd say you learning about the world you were deposited in was far more important than telling you about my studio. Plus, I'm humble." It was a bald-faced lie, and he grinned appropriately. "What would you like to know?"

They began making their way through the streets. Giving her what he hoped was a reassuring smile, he shrugged. "Those are just the ones I've personally met. There may be more but it's...complicated." The slight hesitation in his voice spoke volumes. Nodding at her next question, he turned the corner, leading them onto one of the main thoroughfares towards the Domiciles. "As far as I know, yes. Though that might change soon."
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Letha Úlfurdur

Change author:
LETHA
"That's fair," she laughed a bit as Amun grinned at her. "What was the most helpful thing you learned when you transitioned to life here in Caido?" Her question might not be exactly about him and his life, but it might give Letha more of an insight as to who Amun was. As kind as he was, Letha knew there were more layers to people than what they always led with. She was even discovering new layers of herself that she had not known before--like how much she could talk with others. She actually had things to say. Caido had given her the ability to express that. Well, actually, she corrected herself,  the Voice had given her the ability to express that.

She wanted to meet the Voice, so much.

But, she still followed Amun. Nodding, she looked around some. "So, the Ascended live here...have they always?" Her question, to her, was simple, but she did not really know the can she was about to open. She kept asking questions, but in the back of her mind the thing she cared about most was seeing Amun's workshop, and getting her hands on something that felt familiar.

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun's expression grew thoughtful at Letha's question. "I don't know if I can pick just one." Glancing at her, he gestured for her to follow him down a side street. "Something useful is that, after a certain amount of time, Ascended become capable of tolerating sunlight, though it weakens us. Until then, covering your body in cloth is enough to keep the sunlight at bay." He smiled.

As she asked more questions about the history of the Ascended he groaned, though it was good natured. "You're really making me give you the whole history lesson?" However, his expression grew more serious. "No they haven't. But they lived here for a long time. A few hundred years. As I said it's...complicated."
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Letha Úlfurdur

Change author:
LETHA
Letha nodded along as he spoke of the sun. It had not treated her kindly when she appeared in Caido. Getting dropped in Torchline was no favor to her, she guessed. Here in the Hollowed Grounds there was much more forest, much more cover and darkness. Torchline had been difficult on her during the day, to say the least. But after Amun had found her and started his (unknown to him) explanations to her, she was thankful that she had not burst into flame. Turning, she followed him down the side street he gestured towards.

As he groaned, but continued, Letha's heart sank. She kicked herself for how selfish she truly was. "Okay, okay," she lifted her hands towards him, palms up. "I'll let further learning be experiential." She smiled, some, hoping to diffuse any tension that Amun might start to feel. He truly had not known what he signed up for when he took her under his proverbial wing. "I'm excited to see your studio."

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3