A scalpel's kiss is sweeter than you think
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

"It must be interesting though, to know what it's like from both sides of the coin. Having magic when previously you needed to do things by hand... you're one of the only people who can speak with full knowledge of the pros and the cons." Isla smiled back at Remi, thinking on her own experiences and shrugging her shoulders. "I much prefer working with my hands, but then it's all I've ever known. If I could save lives with magic, using only a fraction of the time and resources that I do now... would I say no? I couldn't say."

Letting out a laugh that was just a touch relieved, she nodded in agreement. "Thank goodness. If the natives here have managed to create future generations, I'm confident that we won't be called upon to further the cause unless it's something we choose to do." Speaking of which, Remi did make an interesting second point and Isla smirked to him. "Pretending to be barren or magically infertile might work so long as I never choose to have a relationship with anyone. I'm not so sure I can just pretend nature away, though," she pointed out. "Unless I decide to become a spinster early."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Having never thought of it that way before, Remi tilted his head thoughtfully to the side and regarded her words. She was correct of course. Perhaps instead of merely thinking of himself as unnecessarily blessed in a way he didn't deserve, he could think of it as a prolonged experiment: a treatise on the actual benefits of magic (if there are any).

Smiling, Remi shrugged. "I do not know if I would give it up but.." Wiggling his fingers slightly (which although washed, still showed signs of stains on them), the alchemist grinned. "I still do quite a few things the old fashioned way. Perhaps it is just routine, but I do still enjoy it. I assume it might be the same for you."

Quirking a brow Remi looked at the healer earnestly for a moment. "Are children necessary for a relationship?" He asked with genuine curiosity. Magical advancements aside Remi had never considered having a child before. He'd been an uncle to Delphine's (for as long as that had lasted) and had always liked children, but as far as his own? Well, he'd really never thought that it was possible.

"Decide to become a spinster? As if you haven't already." Remi chuckled nudging her back gently. "I've seen the type of stiffs you prefer to be around." He added with a chuckle and playful bounce of his eyebrows.

REMI
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips, faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard and drown me in love
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

"I believe you might be right," Isla murmured, nodding in agreement with Remi. "It feels more satisfying to make the effort with your own two hands, no? Then again I suppose neither of us were born with magic, so... who is to say that the mental effort isn't an equivalent?" She shrugged her shoulders. To get a true answer they would need to speak with one of the magically inclined, but Isla was content for now to simply wax philosophical with Remi.

She let out a laugh as he spoke regarding relationships, spreading her hands. "They are not necessary, no. But you do find that they tend to happen, especially to women." Contraception wasn't really something that Northaven had cared for, after all, and the only means to prevent pregnancy that Isla knew of were rare and magical, or to not engage in the type of behaviour that would result in it.

Snorting and standing up from her place leaning against the desk, the healer raised her eyebrows right back at Remi. "The stiffs I prefer to be around are much more charming than a lot of the men I have encountered, put it that way. You are an exception, of course - anyway, shall we get out of here? I love my job but even I tire of this place sometimes."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

"Mmmm." Remi agreed softly with a slight nod. He tried not to take much for granted and was perhaps slightly more aware and sympathetic to the blatant sexism that had occurred in Northaven, but even he had overlooked the burden of pregnancy and felt all the more foolish for it.

Chuckling happily at Isla's quick wit, Remi nodded obligingly as he rose. "That I can certainly believe." He agreed with a sunny wink. Stretching his neck and then his arms to release a few delicious cracks along his spine, the alchemist sighed and yawned.

"I wonder if you'll find any healers more qualified than a wounded lion like me to assist you?" Remi chuckled, going on to say that if she did perhaps she could spend her time on other activities. From there the pair spoke of what those things might be and other things they had in common as they finally strolled out of the infirmary.

~Fin

REMI
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips, faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard and drown me in love
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.