untangled all the strings
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
What Torchline would be like during Deepfrost, Remi had no idea. The locals all complained about the cold, but surely it was nothing like the Grounds. Still, he was happy to soak up the sun while it was still there. Shirtless with only thread-bare pants to cover a body darkened by the sun (save for his scars), Remi leaned against one of the porous volcanic rocks, marveling silently at the timely way the guisers erupted.  He'd have said it was like clockwork, had clocks been invented.

With one knee bent and his back at an easy angle, Remi felt as though he could stay by the soft rainbow rocks all day. Ronin was off Ronining somewhere, perhaps with his new child. Good for him.

Creating a stone, Remi tossed it at a hel which had landed nearby, hpping to startle the bird into flight and away from him.

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
Unbeknownst to Remi, another person had their eye on the Hel, though they were equally unaware of the company they kept as well thanks to a convenient rock formation. Phoebe was out trying to catch one for her quest from Frey to get a Sear Cat...but so far she was coming up empty handed. They were tricky little birds who seemed to know when they were about to be caught. Even Pim was having trouble, as the smaller birds had a much easier time making tightet turns than the smallish dragon.

But this one was on the ground. And just as she was about to smack a net over it...a rock came flying from down the path and scared it off. Pim immediately bounded out, roaring as he lept into the sky to give aerial chase. Phoebe though was more curious about the rock, and came out from around the corner. "Oh. Hi...Remi." she said softly, realizing she was probably about to get lambasted with snide remarks.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
Of course it was Phoebe.

Glancing up lazily, piecing together Pim's cry of outrage and his thrown rock as having something to do with one another, he shot the midwife a bland look. "You're about the last person I thought I'd see around here." He remarked, leaning back against the rock.

There was less bite in his words than when last the pair had met, but Remi's expression was still just as cool. He'd let go of much of his madness thanks to Ronin, but just because he wasn't quite so volatile anymore didn't mean he'd settled back into the bones of the man he once was.

"Chasing birds?"

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe simply held his gaze for a time, doing her best to keep her expression passive, waiting for him to speak first. It hurt to see him. It hurt to have this distance between them. But...there was little to nothing she could do to rectify that, hard as it was to accept. "Thought you scared me off that easy, huh?" she said, finally looking away and up at Pim. He was trying very hard to snatch it up, but the smaller creature was simply more likely to win a game of chase.

"Trying to catch one. So I can give it to a Sear Cat." she said, shrugging a little bit as she glanced back at him. "Throwing rocks at birds?"
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Remi snorted with amusement at that, nodding his head as if conceding to her elevated level of sass. 'Well, that and apparently Sunjata has a new bar in Halo. Thought you might be there burning it down." He added, raising a brow for good measure.

'Give it to a Sear cat? You mean feed it to one?" He corrected dryly before nodding. "Mhmm. How observant of you. That's what I like to do these days. Throw rocks at defenseless animals." Remi's tone and posture made it hard to tell if he was kidding or not.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe sighed and shook her head. "It isn't really as fun burning down his things when he hasn't just cheated on you while wearing rings that let you feel the othet person's pleasure." she said dryly. No, that was the sort of insult to injury rage that was difficult to replicate. Without it, burning down his bar would just be...petty. Or at least more petty than it normally was.

"I suppose. Whatever makes one like me enough to be my friend." she said, glancing back up towards the Hel again. "Well then, would you mind using your newfound skill to help me get one?" she asked.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Come on. Surely you didn't expect him to be faithful." Remi asked, honestly interested. From all he'd learned about the "Spite Wedding" he couldn't believe Phoebe was truly so naive to think a ring and some vows were enough to change a man like Sunjata.

"You want...a cat." Actually, he couldn't say he was surprised. Puppy-dog personality though Phoebe might have, a cat might suit her. Sitting up and tilting his head to the sit, Remi chuckled under his breath. "You want me to lure an innocent creature here, so that you can capture it and feed it to a cat?"

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe was silent for a moment, eyes casting down. "No. I didn't." she said at length, looking back over at him. "That he did so while he knew we both wore rings that would make it so obvious though? That I didn't expect." It was the lack of any attempt to hide it that made her most angry. The assumption that she would simply allow herself to be blatantly walked over - it made her blood boil even now.

"Not just any cat. A talking cat." Phoebe said quietly. "Everyone who has ever cared about me has left or died. At least this way I'll have someone to talk to." she explained with a matter-of-factness to her tone, despite how sad of a statement it was. It was her reality - one Remi himself had helped create as of late - but she was slowly beginning to accept it. "Yes, that is exactly what I want."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Or, maybe he just wanted you to feel good as well." The alchemist said with an absent shrug.

Nodding his head agreeably enough, Remi let out a light huff. "Right, right. A talking cat." He repeated, before shooting her a stern look. "Okay Loren." Remi snapped unapologetically, fixing the midwife with a stare that dared her to argue with him.

Glancing up at the Hel being chased after by Pim, Remi tugged at it with silent chains. The bird, helpless to disobey, would begin flying towards Phoebe, eventually landing solemnly at her feet.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"For that to be true, you'd have to believe he ever does anything with the interest of anyone but himself in mind." she said. Clearly she did not.

She raised a brow at him though, not backing down from his challenging look. "If I was anything like Loren, I would be fucking anything with a pulse, not looking for meaningful conversation." she countered. Quite the contrary, her libido had pretty much jumped off a cliff and died. But her gaze turned away to watch the Hel fly down to her feet. Pim followed, confused by the bird's unnatural actions. The dragonling landed as Phoebe picked it up, roaring a greeting to Remi. "Do you think I should kill it now or let the Sear Cat kill it?" she asked.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Hey, you married him." Remi said with another shrug. For all of Sunjata's faults, all accounts suggested the wedding had been Phoebe's idea. Whatever hell it brought, she'd opened the door and ushered it in.

The alchemist couldn't help but swallow bitterly at that. It was all too easy to take nearly all of Loren's actions as some sort of personal affront against their shared history. "Maybe, but this whole poor me act is awfully familiar." He countered with an unhappy scowl.

The alchemist growled a low note of recognition to Pim, before immediately shaking its head. "If the cat is a true predator, it will want to kill it itself." He said knowingly. "To offer a creature something dead is to...suggest it can't hunt for itself. It's an insult."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She looked at him coolly, lips pressed into a thin line. "I did. And he married me. People like to forget there is more than just his side of the story in all that." she said in a clipped manner. Poor, Jata this. Poor, Jata that. He was just as accountable for his own misery as she was hers.

Phoebe sighed and shook her head, staring down at the bird she held. "It isn't about poor me. It is just me trying to come to terms with my reality. The more I say it, the easier it gets. Loren plays the victim, but I am aware of the roll I played in all of this." she said. But at his instructions about the bird she nodded, carefully placing the bird in a basket she had brought. "Thank you. You wouldn't happen to know any ships with such a cat aboard, would you?"
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Well, from what I've heard, he didn't promise you monogamy. So floors all yours." Remi said, waving a hand, to indicate he'd hear her side, if she cared to share it.

"But like Loren, you seem to think anyone cares." Remi replied stiffly. "So everyone leaves you or dies, why tell me? Just get on with it however you need, but the pair of you need to learn to keep your need to share your burdens in check." It was harsh perhaps, but the alchemist was all too tired of hearing about everyone else's problems, if only because he'd managed well enough to rise above his. And arrogant as it might be, Remi thought he still could weave a sadder tale than both Phoebe or Loren.

"The Ark has one." Remi replied. "As do about a dozen or so other ships docked in the port."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Actually he did. So whoever you spoke with lied." she said. "It was the one thing I was adamant about. He didn't promise I would be happy. He didn't promise to love me. All I made him promise was to not cheat on me - and I did so to prove that despite how easily he says he wishes to do whatever it takes to give those he supposedly cares for what they want, he never intends to do so unless it suits him." she said with a shrug. "I was tired of the lip service. Tired of him coming to me in my weakest moments pretending to care. So I told him to marry me and not cheat on me, thinking he would back out and the point would be proven. I wanted him to hurt for once." she said, sighing a bit. But he hadn't. His stubbornnes had overridden his selfishness. And the rest was history.

"Why tell you? Because once you did care. And...it's hard to forget. Old habits die hard." she said, looking down at her feet. "I'm sorry I said anything. I just...miss you...being part of my life. I'll try harder to forget." she added quietly.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!