[SE] Ohana means family
Saiden!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
Saiden was coming to visit. Their first meeting had been a disaster. Seren had cried, and wanted to go home, and it was probably not the best first impression. For any of them. But she was a forgiving child, and the promise of so many adventures in the near future helped add to her excitement today. They were supposed to make a lantern for Aoife, and her almost Uncle would be coming to her house, and she had spent the whole morning in a nervous frenzy. Cleaning her room, dragging all the toys back out on the floor again in restless attempts to keep occupied, only to have to clean again.

Now she sat waiting on the step before the front door and poked a stick into the layer of ash that coated the ground. Told not to drag it inside, but unable to quite leave it alone either. But her attention was scattered, blue eyes constantly flitting up to the path, to see if Saiden wouldn't arrive soon.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saiden had, indeed, managed to wrangle another meeting with Seren (how exactly had he managed this? stop asking so many questions). This time, he was determined to make it cheerful, bright, and fun, without a hint of the sorrow from their last encounter or the terror that had marred the season. There was a heavy pack on his back, though he was still barefoot and shirtless.

Walking up to the newly constructed house, he whistled appreciatively. Of course, he quickly turned his attention to the girl sitting on the front step. "Hey!" His voice was bright and cheerful. "Are you ready?" Hesitating for just a moment, he held out his hand for her to take if she wanted.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren
She saw him coming and was on her feet in an instant, waving frantically long before they were within talking distance. Seren waited impatiently for him to approach, and greeted the man with a wide smile, all crimes of the past forgotten.

"Hello!" she greeted him cheerfully, and took his hand without hesitation. "Yeah! Come inside, we can be in the kitchen!"

Hauling on him to make him hurry up, Seren skipped the tour and led him straight into what could arguably be the biggest room in the house. It wasn't a large building, nothing like Sunjata's house next door, but good enough for her and Father and Remi (When he wasn't sleeping in the wagon). The table in the center of the room was large and sturdy, and perfectly suited to crafts of any kind.

"What kind of lantern do you want to make?" she asked, as she clambered onto a chair on her knees, too excited to sit down properly.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
As Seren took Saiden's hand, he couldn't help but grin fondly at her. Offering no resistance, he let her tug him into the house, and then into the kitchen. "I'm a cook! How could I resist letting you bring me to your kitchen." It came out in an almost silly tone, though he did give the space a once over, noting what he liked and disliked about it.

Shrugging off his pack, he set it down on the large table. "I don't know. What type of lantern do you want to make?" Reaching into the bag, he pulled out paper and paint, and all the tools needed to shape it (though he kept those carefully out of her reach for now). Putting his hands on his hips, he beamed down at her.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
"You make food? I have a friend who does that too! And things to drink too! Weaver said Sunjata is her boss!"  Seren bounced excitedly on her chair, gushing what she knew about cooking - this was all of it  - at the slight prompt.

As he unpacked the marvelous tools, she 'ooh'ed and 'aah'ed with wide eyes, and immediately reached for a paper. "I want to make a lantern for Aoife. Remi says she likes shiny things, so I want to make her a star!" Only, she had no idea how to go about it, so she looked hopefully at Saiden, awaiting instructions.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Grinning at the mention of Weaver, Saiden leaned down slightly so he was closer to Seren's level. "I know Weaver. I'd be happy to make you a snack, later. Or now if you're hungry." He smiled.

As the girl spoke about Aofie's lantern, something in Saiden's chest clenched. For a moment, his smile wavered as the demi-god spoke of her half-sister and his niece, whom neither of them would meet. Swallowing, he nodded. "A star. I think she'd like that." He slid out some paper, along with some gold and silver paint. "Do these colors look good to you?" He held them out for her inspection.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Her grin was eager and gluttunous, delighted by the suggestion. "Yeah! After the lantern." Because that was what she had been looking forward to for ages now, and Seren didn't want to put it off any longer. It had taken a volcano erupting to keep her this long...

Inspecting the colors with grave attention, she nodded. "And dark blue and white!" she requested like a little queen. "Are you making one too?" Seren reached for a brush, ready to start as soon as she had all the paints.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Laughing, Saiden nodded at Seren's request. "After. But for now, what's your favorite food? I can start thinking about it now." He gave her a curious look.

Dutifully, he retrieved the dark blue and white paint and set it down in front of her, along with some brushes if she wanted to use them. Pausing, he eventually nodded. "I'll make one too. But I'll help you with the one for Aoife at the same time." That said, he pulled out some paper out for himself.

Gesturing at the paper before her, he smiled again. "Where would you like to begin?" He dragged a chair over for himself and plopped himself down right next to her. "I'd suggest we start with the paper. So what shape should the star be?"

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
"I like all food," she said, and it was true enough. She had yet to taste anything she didn't like. "Maybe cookies?" Of course, that being said, she definitely had favorites. And a sweet tooth.

Pleased with his participation, Seren considered the question. "A star is round, and very bright, and surrounded by dark," she said. Something terribly deep and unfathomable came over her eyes, as she recalled the dreams of her earliest existence. "It needs to be round."

So saying, she reached for the blue paint and began to color the paper. Only the outer edges though, and she tried her best to fade it the further in towards the center she came. Switching blue for gold, and gold for silver, and then white, until it was like gazing into a blinding inferno.

Rather higher above the usual skills of a five year old child.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Still nodding at smiling, Saiden glanced around at the kitchen again. "We can make cookies, sure!" His voice was excited and bright.

As Seren explained what stars were, his eyes widened slightly. "Okay. We can make it round." She seemed to have the colors well in hand, so he focused on his own work for now. Taking a sheet of paper, he grabbed brown, black, and cream colored paint.

Then he bent his head and began to paint. The center of it was slashes of cream outlined by faint lines of brown. On the outer edges, he began to add slashes of brown and black, each outlined by the other color. Given that he was an artists, it was a bit rough, but it began to take shape soon enough.

Taking a break, he wiped his forehead, leaving a smear of paint there. Glancing at her work, he beamed. "That's excellent." It really was, and he peered more closely at it.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Seren sang a happy song about cookies while she painted, which only ended when she was satisfied with her painting. As Saiden leaned in to look at her creation, so did she inspect his, and it... made her cock her head, a bit puzzled.

"What are you painting?" she asked. She giggled at the paint smeared on his face; her own hands were covered in it, and with a mischievous look she reached out a sticky little hand to his cheek, to drag a finger full of silver and blue across the stubble.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Grinning as Seren sang, Saiden began to hum along once he got the hang of the melody. It was quiet, as most of his attention was focused on his painting. When he finished, he leaned back to let her take a closer look.

Still beaming in approval at her work, he winked playfully at her. "It's a surprise." When she rubbed paint onto his cheek, he squealed in totally mock outrage. "Oi!" Then, eyes narrowing slightly (though in a joking way), he dipped his finger in the black paint he'd been using. Then he struck, poking her carefully in the nose with it and leaving a smudged streak.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She gasped at the wet splotch on her nose, eyes crossing comically as she tried to look at it. Unable to leave this well enough alone, Seren reached for the blue paint, but was a bit too hasty with the motion... and promptly managed to spill it out over her own painting, along with most of her hand.

The girl stilled, staring in shock at her ruined little masterpiece. That... had definitely not been intentional.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Laughing at the comical expression on Seren's face, Saiden watched as she reached for more paint herself. However, he wasn't fast enough to stop her from knocking the can over. Immediately, he picked it up again, but the damage was already done: a pool of blue had marred her previously perfect painting.

However, he didn't stop moving. One hand unsheathed his knife while the other reached for any water he could find. A tendril of it rose from a barrel nearby. Carefully, he began scraping the still wet paint from the paper as best he could. When the knife was covered in it, he washed it off with the water, then repeated the process.

Coding base by Sky!