when we all come together
open
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
The volcano erupted, and it was the most terrifying thing Seren had ever experienced. Even though she was safe within her father's arms and brought to the port before the throng of people even reached it, it was only his firm grip on her and the constant reassurances that kept the child from going all to pieces. Still, she had cried in helpless terror as the ash fell, and again with every rumble of the earth as the glow of lava lit up the blackened sky.

Even the days after the eruption, she was still torn up about it, and kept close to Ronin. The dust and debris in the air made her cough, her nose and eyes running perpetually as she sat in the doorway to the building where they were sheltering. Her eyes were wide as she watched people bustle to and fro on the street outside, far more numerous than she had ever seen.

She had stopped asking when they would go home.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
After hearing about the volcanic eruption, Loren hadn't hesitated to head to Torchline, to offer what help he could. Although he'd been accused of spending too much time in the region, in the face of such a disaster he knew help would be needed. Even if it had been contained, miraculously, homes and lives had still been destroyed. And there would still be those in need of healing.

So he walked through the portal. Taking a moment to examine his surroundings, he frowned when he saw how crowded it was. Looking around, he tried to spot something central, where the injured might be housed. Nothing sprang to mind, so he began making his way through the crush of people.

It took a while, and he got jabbed and elbowed and his feet stepped on more than once. As he walked, he coughed, realizing eventually how poor the air was. Eventually, as he forced his way ahead, he spotted a familiar looking figure. Frowning for just a moment, he forced himself to make a neutral expression. "Seren?" It was a soft call and he glanced around. "Are you...is everyone alright?" No one seemed to be around, so despite his better judgment he made his way towards the seemingly unaccompanied girl.
LOREN
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren
It took her a moment to pick out the person who had said her name. Her little face brightened into a smile upon recognizing Loren, but it was softer and more subdued than last time they met.

Seren nodded, at the question. Then hesitated, looking at the milling crowd around them. "Not everyone," she replied, with dull pain in her eyes. There were so many sad voices around, and sad faces.

She stayed seated on the threshold, the door open to the room behind her. Knew she wasn't to leave it, not for anything.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Tentatively smiling back, Loren crouched down next to Seren. Coughing into his elbow to clear his throat, he looked around for any sign of Remi, Ronin, or Sunjata (or their companions) but the coast was clear. At her words, though, his gaze was drawn back to her.

Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair. "I know. But the best thing we can do now is keeping smiling for those that are left, and helping them as best we can, yeah?" He tried to smile again to cheer her up, though he wasn't sure how successful he was.

Taking a deep breath, he rose to his feet again. "Is anyone watching you?" It came out quietly.
LOREN
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She tilted her head at him, considering. Would it really help others if she smiled? The girl tried, tugging her lips into a bit of a wider grin to meet his... and strangely, it did make it feel less tight in her belly. Maybe smiling would be more of a help than she thought.

"Yes," she replied then. "Daddy is here. Remi and Sunjata are helping everyone. They and uncle Saiden stopped the volcano!" It was at least the part of the explanation she had understood. Other names had been mentioned too, but they meant nothing to Seren, as there were no faces to them that she knew.

"Are you helping too?" She sniffled as she asked it, then coughed - mimicking his motion of coughing into her sleeve, if perhaps a bit exaggerated.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Seeing Seren's smile brought out Loren's own, though it was faint. This time, when she mentioned Ronin and Remi, the healer managed not to freak out. Instead, he continued to smile as best he could at the girl. "That's very good and brave of them. Did they tell you about it?" Despite himself, he couldn't help the curiosity from getting the better of him.

Nodding at her question, he frowned slightly as she coughed. "I was planning to. Remember my healing magic?" He wiggled his fingers at her. "I thought they might need a few extra healers." Biting his lip, he examined her more closely. "Does your chest feel okay?"
LOREN
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The girl shook her head. "No. Just that they helped. I was home with daddy, then the ground shivered and the mountain breathed fire, and we flew on the cloud all the way here right away. Then everyone else came later." It was the best account she could give of the events, because of course no one had explained the details to her.

Seren offered him a suitably impressed look when Loren confirmed he was here to help. She really wanted to help too, but was just told to stay inside. "I remember. You made my knee stop bleeding."

She coughed again - and then once more for emphasis, when he paid attention to it - and once more the child shook her head, setting the tight curls bouncing about her shoulders. They were tangled and a little ashy, with everyone too busy to care if she'd brushed it that morning. "It feels squeezy. Daddy says the air is really bad right now, so I can not run around."
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Nodding at Seren's explanation, Loren kept smiling as best he could at her. The more time that passed, the more certain and genuine it became. "Were you scared?" He asked the question quietly, without a hint of judgment.

When she mentioned she remember, he lowered his hand. "I did. I figure there are people who could benefit from my magic." However, he couldn't help the doubt from creeping into his voice.

Glancing around and taking a deep breath, he had to cough again, once more into his elbow. "Your daddy is right. But...I might be able to help you with your chest, for a little bit. Can I heal you?" He lifted a hand, but wouldn't heal her unless she gave permission. If she did, he'd put his hand on her shoulder and try to strengthen her lungs and purge her body of the toxic air.
LOREN
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Seren nodded gravely at the question. She had been scared, and saw no reason to try and hide it. "I cried lots. But daddy said it would be alright, and it is now. We will go home soon." It was all she had to go on for future plans. So far, they were taking everything day by day... but that really wasn't anything new in her life. Living a star-life one day, dropped off on the beach with a father she never met the other, sleeping in a boxing ring one night, then in a bed the next... what was a little volcano eruption in all that? Just another change.

"You can," she agreed amicably, and without preamble Seren reached out to take Loren's hand in both of hers. Completely trusting, having long since forgiven him for whatever transgressions of the past.

Though possibly, she had not forgotten them.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Still smiling and nodding, Loren tried to project as much calm and reassurance as he could to Seren. "It's okay to be scared. I'm sure you were very brave." Pausing to let that sink in, he glanced up as a small crowd of laborers passed by. "Are you excited to go home?"

When she took his hand in both of hers, it was enough of a surprise that he didn't actually heal her right away. Embarrassing, he rubbed his free hand anxiously against his thigh. Taking a deep breath, he called on his magic once more. Sending it coursing through her body, he targeted her lungs and her blood, trying to clear out whatever was causing her cough. "How does that feel?"
LOREN
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Holding his hand and waiting for the tickling sensation of the magic, she tilted her head. Should it have been anything but alright to be scared? And what did that have to do with being brave? "Yes, daddy said we could plant flowers when we found the house, and I want to do that. And sleep in my room.

"Do you know where to find a blue dragon?"

The question came a little distractedly, because the tingle that traveled from her hands and to her lungs was ticklish. Seren giggled and writhed at the sensation, quite like the last time she'd been healed, and didn't seem in a particular hurry to let go of the hand she had captured.

"It feels the same as when Weaver healed me, too," she informed him brightly. Coughing a bit just to test it out, she found that her mouth became full of soot, but it wasn't nearly so hard to breathe any more. Her eyes and nose didn't run as much either.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren raised his eyebrows. "Oh? What kind of flowers? Can you describe them to me?" As more time passed, he found himself relaxing in Seren's presence. His smile continued to soften and grow more true, and his eyes even crinkled in amusement.

However, he blinked in surprise at her question about dragons. "Uhhhh, no." His confusion was evident, and he peered at her curiously. "Why do you want to know where to find blue dragons?" It came out quite curiously and slightly worried.

As she kept holding his hand, he looked at it. Making no move to pull it back, he just glanced up at the mention of Weaver. "I didn't know you knew Weaver." Or that Weaver could heal. "Are you two friends?"
LOREN
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Her expression softened, turned a bit hazy as she recalled the favorites she had seen so far. "There are purple ones that grow on the house, they smell really nice," she said, and drew a quick sketch of the wisteria clusters in the ash just outside the threshold. "And there are blue ones that look like this, and white ones that look like stars. I do not know all of their names." She admitted the last bit rather reluctantly, and with clear regret. Names were important.

"I want a blue dragon as a friend," she went on, explaining. "Like Sugar is daddy's friend and Haai is Sunjata's. Maybe if I had a friend like that, I would not be so bored and walk away to find fun things to do. Then daddy would be happy." More than one person had complained about her explorations... but how could she be expected to stay in one place, when her whole body itched to move and climb and her mind clawed at everything new and unknown?

Holding on to Loren's hand, she examined it absently. Tugged on his fingers, comparing them to her own small one. It was a big hand, but not so big as others she had held. "Yes. She came to visit, and I can come visit Halo when it is not so cold." Later, just like every other fun thing in her life.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Both Seren's drawings and descriptions strengthened the smile on Loren's lips. "You don't need to know their names to enjoy them. But can I let you in on a little secret?" He leaned towards her a little bit and dropped his voice to a whisper. "I know lots of plants. Maybe one day you can show me the flowers and I can tell you what they are." Rocking back again, he grinned a little at her.

When she revealed why she wanted to meet a dragon, he breathed a sigh of relief. "So you want a dragon as your companion?" He frowned thoughtfully. "Maybe you can ask your mom for help with that?" It came out more than a bit uncertainly.

Letting her tug on his fingers without resistance, he watched the people passing. Occasionally, when he saw someone limping or bleeding or coughing he'd send a bolt of his healing magic (careful to keep it from glowing) to bolster them. "Halo is very cold. Do you like the cold?"
LOREN