a promise in a mouth of savage teeth
for Eirachi
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
after all is said and done
you're just a carnivore
let you in and drink my blood
you're nothing but a monster

Carrying the cleaned and disassembled leg bones of a luxere along with a bag of stones from the Fangs (in assorted sizes, lest some be found unsuitable), Wessex hauls her load or required items down to the cave that Neron recently froze solid. Stepping carefully, she reaches the base of the ice cube in the middle (it’s a little smaller now, the air is filled with the sound of dripping, but if she could feel, she would know the air is far colder than it was before the Hailstorm brought his magic) and deposits the things carefully into little piles. One for the bones of the luxere she killed upon the Tundra. The other for the stones she gathered with Clem.

When she is satisfied with the arrangement, Wessex leans back to her knees, the light covering soon wet and cold. Tilting her head up to address the world far above them, she raises her voice to the Deepfrost Goddess.

“Eirachi? I have fulfilled my part of the bargain. Come and see.”

--------------
Quest Thread: but this hunger, it isn't you
The bones of something that died upon the Tundra: like wolves without teeth
Stones from the Fangs: little lion man
A cold place: from the depths of our cold, frozen, hearts

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
random event
the cold was so intense that she could see her own breath; it came out of her mouth like smoke
The little cavern was melting - but not so for long. As Wessex sets up her little piles of bones and stones, the temperature plummets. Not a problem for the Ascended of course, but it will be noticeable to her more advanced body. The ice solidifies into something that will one day be permafrost, and delicate and beautiful structures begin to form out of it, crystalline and glacial.

The Eirachi does not appear before the Wraith like last time - but Wessex will know she is there. Reflected in every pristine icy surface, the Deepfrost goddess strolls and weaves around the Ascended, holding her gaze. "You have done well, sweet one. I confess I had my doubts you would hold up your end of the bargain." And she was so looking forward to those consequences.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

Indeed, she does notice the temperature plummet, only in that the dripping quite suddenly stops and there’s the faintest crackling sound as the ice changes into something delicate and beautiful. Looking around her, the Wraith can see the Goddess in the surface of, well, everything- it’s as if she’s surrounded, and that thought makes her clench her jaw. It may be an illusion now, but Wessex is well aware of Eirachi’s power. She is a goddess, after all.

Wessex grins dryly at being underestimated. “Believe it or not, I make every effort to keep my word.” Except about the Greatwood and Arduinna, but shhhh. “It’s to your satisfaction?” Meaning the items and the cave, of course, she gestures to everything, but then falls silent. Quite curious about what the deity will do with the stones and bones, she is content to wait for the magic to happen - for Eirachi to take the pieces-parts and mold them into something far more ideal for worship.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
random event
the cold was so intense that she could see her own breath; it came out of her mouth like smoke
Wessex will not be disappointed. In the silence following her words, like a breath hanging in the air (but of course not really, as the Ascended does not breathe), the bones and stones begin to shake, rattle and roll. Up they rise, ribbons of ice connecting them hear and there, arranging them just so on the plinth that has been created for the Eirachi.

In but a few moments, an icy sculpture (within which can be seen clearly the bones of the luxere) has appeared, shaped like the very goddess whose visage peers at her from the walls of the cavern. The shrine seems to sing with it, haunting in her presence, and Eirachi's laughter is breathy and satisfied.

"I believe the deal was a few more questions for me, sweet one." Always one to remind of terms, is the Deepfrost goddess. "And whilst I have you here... I have another task, should you choose to take it on."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

It all shifts in front of her eyes: the ice, the bones, the image of the many-toothed Goddess, to which she offers her own fanged smile. There’s such a violent beauty in Eirachi, she thinks, and if there’s anyone who can appreciate ferocity and call it attractive, it’s the Wraith.

“Yes. I want to know how to successfully harvest mage glass. Where it is, the obstacles, and how to overcome them.” As for another task… her plate is filling up quickly with requests and obligations. There’s the Voice, the cannibals… but they both know Wessex is curious and as prone to flattery (this isn’t necessarily flattery, but to her the implications from Eirachi are there) as anyone else. “What is it?” she asks, figuring there’s always the option to say no.

Change author:
random event
Straight to the point is Wessex - something that the Deepfrost goddess appreciates immensely. "Mage glass, you say?" She chuckles, a pleasant sound that chimes off the walls. "There is mage glass within the Fangs. Deep, deep within. You may harvest it like any other ore - it is glass only in name, sweet one. Larger pieces may bring a higher reward, of course, in power and value."

As for obstacles? The Eirachi grins. "Cannibals are not the only things to fear in the Tundra," she warns. "Those who do not feast upon the flesh of their own often choose other ways to get by." Vague and cryptic, as always.

But then they move onto the goddess's request, and she wastes little time. "You spoke to me previously of other deities like myself," she says. "One of my kin suffers, sweet one. In the land which borders Halo, something is wrong. He suffers, and I would send assistance."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

The Fangs at Deepfrost would be difficult to navigate - a perfect time to search, if there ever was one. But Eirachi’s twisted words pull a slight frown from Wessex and she asks more. “Which path to the mage glass will be easiest?” Given the choice between others or cannibals, she'd choose the cannibals. They at least are human. For that’s what she took it to mean, that there are other things in the Fangs that aren’t cannibals. Dragons, for one. That fell expedition had not been hidden from the rest of them.

It seems she is full of questions, as Eirachi talks about her kin and Wessex wonders which season it could be - and how they could possibly suffer. “Ah. A rescue of sorts.” For she imagines that if a god could get out of it themselves, they would. No need for demigods or assistance - though why the Eirachi doesn't go herself is also questionable. “And in return?” What can the Eirachi give her, if she delivers her kin, more or less safe and sound, from its suffering?

Change author:
random event
The Eirachi laughs properly at that, the sound ringing around the cavern and echoing down at Wessex. There is only one path, sweet one. You asked me what obstacles you might face along the way, and I have informed you. Beware the peril of the Fangs, and beware those who reside within the mountains. If you wish to get your mageglass, at least."

Then talk returns to the matters she is truly interested in, and the image of the Eirachi seems to condense along the far wall, that the goddess and Wessex may speak in earnest. "A rescue of sorts," she agrees, a catlike smirk curling up the corners of her lips. "In return, should you succeed...?" Letting out a sigh like the winter winds, the Eirachi spreads her hands. "You may drink from me, sweet one."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

How does she manage the find herself asking for specifics and still receiving cryptic responses? Frustration begins to build, but she can see they’re not going to get any further on this topic.

A drink from a different goddess? It sound sacrilegious. The kind of thing the Voice might frown upon unless she gets something else out of it. After all, she’s sending a demigod in to help a god. Either there’s no one else who can do the job or no one else willing to. “A drink and the promise that if we end up in an Old Gods versus New Gods war again, me and my kin get a one time safe passage favor. Tell me about where I’m going and we have a deal.” Well aware that she’s pushing it, the Wraith does her best to keep it as businesslike as possible. After all, family for family. And so far she thinks Eirachi’s gotten the better end of the deals thus far.

Change author:
random event
Somehow the Eirachi's smile is smug, as if noting the frustration on Wessex's face. It is a smile of go and find out, child. A smile which says that the world is not the same without some surprises. And besides, say too much about the Fangs and the mageglass, and mayhap the Ascended suddenly has better things to do than that which she proposes.

Her grin widens at Wessex's terms, and once again the goddess begins to prowl through the reflections in the walls of ice. A new war? Someone's bloodthirsty," she purrs. "Very well, sweet one. Should the worst happen, you and your kin shall have safe passage through Halo once. Do not waste it." And do not start a war, came the unspoken advice.

"You are going deep into the Tundra, far across the Sea of Glass. I have opened a cave there which should lead you to my kin. Beware, Ascended - as cold as Halo is, where you go to seek him is entirely the opposite."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

“Cautious,” Wessex offers up as an alternative explanation. Putting plans in place for what she sees as the inevitable, where perhaps the Eirachi and her kin join the Old Gods and their hearalds against the Voice. With any luck that’s so far in the future that she needn’t worry about more than opening up Caido right now.

“I’ll do my research,” brings their conversation to a close. Deal made. Figuratively shaken on. Turning to go to the mouth of the cave, the Wraith pauses to look back and say simply, “Enjoy your season, Eirachi.” If the stranger wandering through the settlement is right she will indeed. Which means that Wessex has a warning to pass on.

{fin!}