I'll follow your ashes
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
& my heart ran away from me
"My queen." Surely Ronin had to know the quip was coming, and as Remi draped an arm across the hunter's shoulders, offering him a far-too-full glass of something dark, his smug-smile should have been equally as expected.

Running a hand through his curls and watching the strange play of light between the still-ashy sky and the lights from the coast, he turned back to Ronin with a deep sigh. Remi looked...excited in a way he hadn't for months. There weren't quite butterflies in his stomach, it was closer to shifting tectonic plates: something slow but monumental.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
"You have said it now, and that is the only time I will allow it," Ronin quipped back, his smile audible as he accepted the drink from Remi, toasting him before taking a generous gulp and handing it back. He would, of course, not be one of the several dozen Torchers getting rat arsed tonight. Remi's excitement was palpable, infused with new beginnings, hope, purpose, and Ronin was ecstatic for his husband. Truly.

But it didn't rid him of the weights he carried. Safrin's ire; Seren playing somewhere close by; the danger and anxiety of being at the Hollowed Grounds for a third Longnight. But he did his best to put those away for the time being. Tonight was not about him, and so he enjoyed Remi's success as much as possible. "How does it feel, Governor? Chosen by the people. Bet you never saw this coming back when we lived at the Grounds."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Well I suppose it's lucky for me that you don't make the rules, mm?" Remi chuckled back. Offering a feigned pout as Ronin left whiskey still in his glass, the alchemist instead downed it with a look of mischief. He would be getting drunk tonight.

For a moment Remi's expression drew stern and the light in his pale stare dimmed. "I never saw any of it coming." He agreed. Not the good, nor the bad. Not wanting to dither in the melancholy of the past, instead, Remi reached for Ronin, drawing him in for a whiskey-sweet kiss. "As for how it feels?" The alchemist hummed against his husband's lips, pulling back only enough for Ronin to see that the mischievous spark was back in his husband's gaze. "Currently it feels fine, though I know soon the naivety of this feeling will go away. But I think it's the right thing...if this is to be our home, the home we've chosen, then I don't want to just see it descend into chaos."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Mm, I suppose that it is," Ronin said with a smirk, watching as Remi sank the whiskey in the glass like it was nothing. A true Torcher, he imagined it would only endear the people to him further. Once they got over their quiet fear of him, anyway. (Because Remi had been nothing short of terrifying for the first part of their lives here, and there was no forgetting that easily."

There was no point in responding and dragging out the melancholy, so Ronin instead let his arms slip around Remi as they kissed, smiling against his lips. "Then you had better get to work, because it feels like Torchline's default state is chaos." He grinned, gazing out at the twinkling lights in the distance. "I'll be here for you, good and bad. In whatever capacity you'll have me," he assured the other man, holding him close.

"Just promise me you won't live in another house on top of a fucking volcano."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Thank you." Sounding genuinely appreciative, Remi hummed a sound in the back of his throat. Something that sounded almost bashful, despite everything. "Thank you for...letting me do this. I know what it's like to be on the other side of it, and.." Letting his grin grow crooked, Remi's head flopped slightly to one side. "..and I love you for it."

Snorting at that, Remi playfully rolled his eyes. "Oho, won't be called a queen and yet he's making demands about where we live." All that to say, Remi would not be living on a volcano. "I don't know why our house won't do. I could...add to it I suppose. That way there's a clear divide?" Then again, this role was not unlike Ronin's when he'd been a guildmaster. Monsters came at all times of day, just as his responsibilities as Governor would.

"I just..don't want to disrupt your life too much. Or Seren's."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Mm, and I know what it's like to be in your shoes." It was Ronin's turn to sound mischievous. "And you're about to find out exactly why I don't do it any more." He chuckled, nudging his husband playfully. It didn't mean he would shy away from responsibility if it came his way (hello, Seren) - but wearing the crown was something he no longer cared for. "Though I resent the idea that I let you do anything. Your choices are yours, Remi." He smiled.

Tutting at the idea of his making demands, he had no opinion, really, regarding where they were to live. "Besides the fact that our house is inaccessible right now because of the ash?" He sighed. "I don't care," he said, before realising how harsh it might sound and shooting Remi an apologetic look. "What I mean to say is... my life is just disruptions, lately. Trading the wagon in for a house, you being Governor, a daughter, whatever Safrin is going to torture me with next... what does it matter where we live, really?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"One man's resent is another's romance." The alchemist replied with a grin. "You're always first in my life. If you wanted to live out our doors deep in the woods somewhere, that's where we'd be." Huffing slightly at his own lack of clarity, Remi shook his head with another bashful smirk. "Listen, all I'm trying to say is that I'm glad I have you by my side. Shut up and accept the compliment, would you?"

Raising the glass to his lips once again until it was empty, Remi snorted with a nod at his husband's objections. "Yeah, besides that." Considering for a moment, an image began to take shape in his mind causing his smile to grow crooked. "I wonder if I could...make us an island. With a sandbar leading to it that could be lowered when we want not to be disturbed."

It was a rather ridiculous idea to be sure, but who else might live on such an island, if not a man raised from the dead and fallen from the skies, the Governor, and the child of Safrin?

"Besides, the last governor lived near a volcano. Surely an island is better."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Consider the compliment accepted," Ronin murmured with a sly smile, nodding and gazing out at the sea now, as if to envisage the island as Remi described it. "It would make it difficult for people to get to you in an emergency, with that sand bar down. But I suppose as long as there's a way to get in touch..." He shrugged, as if to say he had already expressed his opinion on the matter. "An island sounds as good as anywhere else. At least it won't be volcanic."

And it would be easier to get away from people when they fancied it, as his husband had pointed out. "You sure you can pull that off all by yourself though?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
As always, Ronin was the thought-out of the two. Then again, had Remi been the studious type he'd have never become the mad alchemist he was. Still, a bit of temperance was a good thing.

"No, probably not. Maybe with Jigano's help." Or maybe not. Maybe it would require continued magical control to keep the island afloat. "Then again, just updating our existing home once the air clears might be easiest. Moving twice in a season is a lot, even for us." Glancing up at the dark mess of ash still floating unhappily above the beach, the alchemist narrowed his eyes slightly.

And exactly nothing happened.

"Well, as I've not spontaneously developed air magic overnight, I suppose I'll have to find another way to assist what the other abandoned are doing."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
Ronin levelled a glance at Remi, raising an eyebrow and smirking. "Listen, when I said I didn't care, I didn't mean you could just flip flop on everything. You sold me on an island - make with the island." He nodded out at the sea, as if it would just appear by magic. (Which it would, but probably with a good deal more effort than just wanting it to).

"From my experience, your help comes from delegation and making sure that everyone knows what everyone is doing. Not by developing spontaneous air-magic," he said quietly, grinning to him. "Why not start by gathering the mages together and making sure they are covering all areas of the port? Checking that fishing boats are able to get enough to feed themselves and everyone else, organising people to clean up Haulani..."

He paused suddenly, looking bashful and clearing his throat awkwardly. "None of this is my business or decision. Sorry."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Flip flopping? I'm already well on my way to drunk and you're holding me to my first idea?" Remi tsked at that, though his smile was broad and crooked. "My next idea would have been even better, but nooo it's decided now."

Listening intently as Ronin spoke, not at all thinking that his husband was grabbing the reins unnecessarily, Remi nudged him in the ribs as he trailed off and then apologized. "Don't you dare. It absolutely is and I always want to know what you think." Then, roguishly he added, "Well, almost always."

Running a hand through his curls, Remi gave Ronin an equally awkward look. "I know you'd do it if I asked it of you, but do you want to help in an official capacity? Or are you content to just be in the background?"

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Your first idea is usually your best one, unless it's to do with making lanterns," Ronin pointed out, shrugging against Remi. "What was your next idea, then? And if you spotaneously don't remember, we should probably go with the island." He winked. Of course he made a show of being elbowed in the ribs, acting as though it was some ridiculous act of abuse, only to straighten up and stretch, utterly fine.

Smiling in relief that he hadn't stepped on toes and rubbing at the back of his head, Ronin let out a long sigh at his husband's questions. "I think I've already made it clear that I will end up giving advice whether I mean to or not," he murmured, itching at the stubble on his chin. "I want to help you as much as I can. You are what I care about, not Torchline... but with that in mind, I know it would be more helpful if people knew who they could turn to, and why."

He spread his hands. "I don't want to lead again, Remi. But if you're head honcho, it doesn't seem like such a daunting prospect." So in his rambling way, he supposed he was saying that yes, he would want to help his husband in an official capacity.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi rolled his eyes. There was always an exception. "Floating island, obviously. Maybe underground bunker. Invisible house. House with a trampoline." The alchemist rattled off immediately, his shit-eating-grin growing ever wider with each new idea.

He absolutely couldn't help it—the alcohol was certainly catching up to him at this point—and so as Ronin finally wandered down the path of saying yes, Remi just chuckled smugly. "All I have to say is I"m glad it didn't take you that long to say yes when I asked you to marry me." Which was of course Remi's oh-so-humble way of acknowledging Ronin's acceptance.

Pressing a kiss against Ronin's cheek, Remi turned his lips towards his husband's ear. "My first goal shall be to outlast your reign as king. But...I think I have a good track record of outlasting you." He whispered, a filthy and far too pleased look on his face.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"House with a trampoline," Ronin drawled, tilting his head at the alchemist. "I'm going to veto that one. You can decide on the others in the morning." When not quite as tipsy. Snorting at the other man's dig, he could only gaze at Remi knowingly. "And how long did it take to pluck up the courage to ask me, pray tell?" he asked, a shit eating grin on his face in return.

Winding his arms around his husband as he drew close, Ronin laughed and let his fingers dance in slow patterns along Remi's lower back. "As long as you don't get the blight, you can outlast my reign as long as you like," he said. "As for the rest... you're drunk. So I think I'll win."