oh me, oh my, oh onma says hi
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Taking Remi’s directions to heart, Phoebe had made her way down to the port. Pim of course was still close at hand in case any of the sailors got handsy, growling and grumbling at any he felt got too close. The midwife wasn’t terribly concerned though, not in broad daylight anyways, and it didn’t take long for her to find a captain that was willing to let her aboard for awhile to observe their resident Sear Cat in exchange for medical supplies.

Once aboard, the cat was not difficult to find. Onma the captain had called her, was a very old Sear Cat, her fur white and wild, with exaggerated tufts on her face, and she sat atop the railing. About half the size of Pim, she had not expected the Sear Cat to be so...big! ”Hello...are you Onma?” Phoebe asked as she approached.
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The day has come, bright and clear. Ooh yes, a perfect day it is - of course, of course, Frey would not have it any other way but beautiful and bright. Such a curious being, curiouser yet they had a friend. Strange indeed, the winds of change - what tide would this friend of Frey bring? I stretch long upon the rail, sunlight warming my fur. A pity today is the day that comes the friend of Frey. It is perfect for a nap.

And just so, I hear my name. Slowly I turn my head to see her there - a pretty little thing of course, of course. No wonder, no doubt. ”Mrrrrrrryyessss.” I purr as I stretch long in the sun. ”You come to meet Onma. And so you have.”
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
If Phoebe had ever seen a cat that acted more catlike, she did not remember it. Onma moved with languid motions, unfettered, unhurried. In a way, she reminded Phoebe of Frey. And though her voice was clear, and words understandable, she almost had a strange accent - surely from the shape of her mouth. It was a sound unlike anything Phoebe had heard before...but amusing. ”It is good to meet you, Onma. May I watch you for a bit?” she asked, head tilting to the side. Onma’s bright green eyes seemed to hold centuries in them, and for a moment the blonde wondered just how long Sear Cats lived.
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
”Many watch Onma.” I say, stretching up to my paws. They thud quietly against the deck as I land - Captain calls me fat but I know I am delightfully plump as a sign of my wisdom. Silly humans loving bones through taught furless skin. Plump like me they ought to be.

First to the dragonling. Bold. Fierce. A bit dim. The younger the dragon the dimmer they be, but he wasn’t hatched for his brain, was he? I rub my whiskers against his scales, lovely dragons scales scratch the best, and he obliges begrudgingly. Good little dragonling, he knows better than to test me. Then to the girl I go, blessed by Frey. Bright. Warm. Naive. Flick left, flick right, my tail tells my thoughts as I sit before this child - this infant - what is it Frey sees that I do not? ”But few understand. Why you?”
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe tilted her head, watching as the cat slowly made her way down from the rail. Pim stood stock still, sniffing at the oversized cat as she meandered towards him. She ran the full length of her fluffy body along his front - which Phoebe knew he did not appreciate through the grumpy emotions coming through their bond. But then she sat right in front of her, green eyes staring wide. But she said nothing, for the longest of time - why did cats do that, just stare with no real reason she wondered. The question surprised the midwife, and she blinked in momentary confusion. Why….what about her? The question seemed to come from nowhere. It took her a moment to decide what to say - realizing that perhaps there was some context she simply didn’t understand. ”Why not me?” Phoebe said finally, hoping it was what the cat wished to hear.
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
Twitch, twitch - my ears catch the sound of a mouse scurrying below. Captain likes when I catch them...but it is such work. I do not wish to, as so today the mouse shall scurry away to live one day more. Oh, the whims of Rae, if only it knew.

But the girl is clever and now I see - potential - how delightfully queer. No wonder, no wonder Frey made this girl friend! Blessed child...and yet I still question. This Captain will die and then I will go - he does not know, oh no, I am his silly humans think. But what if, what if, what if... does this blessed child understand? ”Indeed. Why not you?” I purr as I stand, rubbing against the child’s legs. Onma wonders...would you watch all day to please Frrrrrrey?”
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Onma’s fur, despite looking coarse and ragged, truly had to be one of the softest things she had ever touched. It seemed her answer had been correct, even though it was a shot in the dark. Though, when had anything with cats ever been clear or straightforward? Another question though...she supposed the adage about cats and curiosity were true after all. ”Of course I would. Frey has never steered me wrong before.” she said.

”Oh! And I brought you this.” she said, setting down the basket in which the live Hel sat. It squawked and rattled the basket, trying to get free.
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
Dedication. Loyalty. How rare, indeed. A bit boring, but predictability could be be good. Predictable is this ship and I like it very much. But before I can decide if I like her or not, the child produces a gift. How sweet, but whatever is it? Twitch, twitch - well what have we here but a tasty meal! Alive no less, how sweet, how clever. She knew I was not too old yet to hunt…

I hunch, eyes locked, stalking my gift, my prey. I wiggle this way and that, lining up my sights as the blessed child of Frey does unlock…NOW. I leap and catch it and feathers fly - silly Hel who thought it could take to the sky. Silly bird, now my meal as I land with a thud. Oh yes, this one understands very well, so I see. Kill still in maw I scurry off to my hole, Captain will have to widen it again after this meal! And when I return there is something else in my maw, so shiny so pretty, it is laid at her feet. ”Give to Frey, say Onma says yea, and now go away.” I say to the girl, and head back to my hole.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Onma seemed to know exactly what was going on, even before she had opened the basket. Phoebe would not have thought such a large cat, or one so old, could have moved with such speed and grace. And in an instant the bird was caught, killed, and ferried away, leaving nothing but feathers scattered about the deck. Even Pim seemed surprised.

But just as quickly as she disappeared, Onma returned, this time a shiny, bright blue stone in her mouth. Phoebe recognized the glittering stone as one of the ones found near the Miana Pool. A...wish stone then? But before she can ask, the cat bids her to leave and disappears once again. Phoebe blinked slowly, completely confounded by the interaction she had but...it wasn’t bad. And so, deciding it better to listen to the cat than try and find it when it clearly did not wish to be bothered, she picked up the stone and the basket and set off for home.

-FIN
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3