Dolce
for Remi
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"You're attuned?"

Archebold questioned with a smile and quirk of his head. He knew the answer already but feigned ignorance for the sake of his company.

"Here I thought I was in the presence of merely a humble alchemist. You're simply full of surprises."

Archebold had stoked the flames of the stove as he turned and cut another piece of sausage, bouncing it on the tip of his knife to see if Remi would track it's movements.

"Gods give..."

He would feign tossing the piece, curious it Remi had braced his body to retrieve it, before he continued to bounce the sausage on the blade.

"...and take. It is in their nature to remind us of their power."

Given how he viewed himself over other races, it was safe to assume a god is exactly how Archebold viewed himself.

"I loved someone once. It was the first time for many things for me..."

Archebold recalled with a smile.

"My first encounter, my first love, and my first pain...betrayal of the heart is a painful thing. You would think decades of existence would dull that paid but it never really leaves you. Nor should you want to forget it. Scars remind us of the path we took to become who we are. The pain we endured to become better versions of ourselves. Scars are truth, one we should never forget. Don't forget your scars Remi. Who you become depends on it."

With that Archebold flipped the sausage in the air toward the Alchemist before making a sudden request.

"Beak."

He called out with a grin, had Remi taken the request and indeed snatched the sausage with his beak Archebold would simply nod and wink at the young man approvingly before turning his back to him to cook the vegetables on the wood fire stove.

"Learn from the pain in your truth so far and find yourself someone who makes you realize three...simple...things. Three things."

Archebold turned and held up three fingers, leaning back against the wall near the stove.

"The first being that home is not a place but feeling you have when you're them. You feel secure, comfort even when exposed completely. Free of the person suit we all don in interactions such as these every day.

The second, that time isn't measure by a block, but the moments you share with them.

Third and lastly, that heartbeats are not heard but felt and shared. Feeling another's heart...it's something I feel many take for granted. Sometimes I close my eyes and I swear I can almost remember what I felt like."

Archebold paused to reflect on his own words before he looked to Remi as if surprised to realize he was still there. In a blink his plate was made and Archebold resumed his seat across from him.

"There will be a time when next I see you, your eyes will no longer be so sad. I look forward to that day."

He smiled and nodded, pouring another glass for Remi to enjoy.
archebold
Death is not a defeat. It is a cure.

Messages In This Thread
Dolce - by Archebold - 12-21-2018, 07:43 PM
RE: Dolce - by Remi - 12-21-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: Dolce - by Archebold - 12-22-2018, 05:08 AM
RE: Dolce - by Remi - 12-25-2018, 07:28 PM
RE: Dolce - by Archebold - 12-29-2018, 07:48 AM
RE: Dolce - by Remi - 12-29-2018, 09:55 PM
RE: Dolce - by Archebold - 01-02-2019, 07:29 PM
RE: Dolce - by Remi - 01-02-2019, 08:18 PM
RE: Dolce - by Archebold - 01-02-2019, 09:09 PM