i just don't care that much
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
high as hell, feeling fine
nothing bad but nothing kind
It’s absolutely the latter.” Sunjata replies easily, a small huff of laughter joining in with the summoner before the conversation shifts to something a bit deeper, a bit more intimate, and Sunjata can’t help the slight burning of his neck and cheeks at the mention, gaze leaving the summoner to focus out over the bar again. “Yeah.” A shrug to that, feeling no need to go too in depth yet. Not without a bit more booze in his system.

His gaze flickers back to Loren with the pulse he gets, a small snort leaving his being. “That’s what everyone seems to keep saying.” He agrees, turning to catch the eye of whomevers working to come and bring him another one. It arrives quickly, a glass of water for Loren should he want it — because Sunjata remembers — and he takes a sip from the glass specifically brought for him, something bitter with a licorice taste, something strong. “So. I’m trying to live and be happy, trying to ignore whatever anyone else has to say about it.
not a word from me
at least nothing you would mind
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Shrugging, Loren gave Sunjata a tentative smile, one that didn't reach the healer's sad eyes. "So what? We're forgiving and understanding. What's wrong with that?" There was a lightly teasing tone to his words, but underneath there was still that understanding and sympathy echoing gently through the link.

Glancing briefly at the bartender's neck, the Launceleyn opened his mouth. Then he closed it, clearing having thought better of whatever it was he was going to ask. Instead, he just accepted the water, nodding his thanks at the server.

Snorting, he tilted his glass at the other man. "Fuck other people. Just do whatever you think as right, so long as it's not too harmful." There was a surprising amount of derision in Loren's voice and mind, though none of it was directed at Sunjata.
you are lost, hope is gone
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
A snort is given to Loren as the drinks arrive, shrugging lightly. “A few things wrong but I’ll let it slide.” A wry smile crosses his face. “Apparently what I need is someone to be the bigger asshole to get me out of it.” He lifts the glass to his lips, glancing over toward the summoner with a look that seems to say ‘it is what it is.’

His next comment though causes Sunjata to grow silent for a while, unsure what exactly to say to that. “Harmful for me…? Or?” Comes out a bit quietly, unsure. “Harmful to the ghosts of my past?” An attempt to lighten the mood with that. Sunjata hadn’t tried actively to go and off himself, though it had been a thought in the depths of his mind. Nate had been there, been the bigger asshole, stepped him back from that ledge.
not a word from me
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren toasted Sunjata with the glass of water. "So magnanimous of you." Taking a sip, the healer ended up rolling the cup between his palms. "Always happy to be the bigger asshole when was is required. I'm good at that." Although he was being self-deprecating, it was actually a genuine offer.

Tapping a finger against his glass, he bit his lip at the bartender's question. "Harmful to you. Harmful to others who are alive." The Launceleyn sighed. "As for the dead, well, they're beyond being harmed by us, aren't they?" It came out in a voice that was equal parts rueful and sad.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Lorens response isn’t one that Sunjata particularly understands, and so he chuckles lightly with it before shaking his head a small amount. “I meant a bigger asshole that’s around a bit more often.” No fault of Loren’s that Sunjata lived in Torchline and the summoner stayed in Halo. “No, I found my bigger asshole. I’ll be fine.” His gaze drops to the glass again, lifting it to his lips to take another deep sip.

He listens when Loren responds to the next set of questions, focusing on the meaning within them before he sits back a small amount and shrugs. “Guilt is a harder burden to bear. I’m trying to get rid of mine.” But it was hard, when all he wanted to do was drown and burn in his failures, to lose himself every night and forget. But he can’t; not with the words shared between Nate and him. And so the guilt repeats, cycles again, and he tries to swallow it down.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
As Sunjata mentioned that he had someone around, Loren nodded, though a bit of confusion filtered through the bond. "Got it. Still, as I told you, I'll be there if you need me." He took a sip of water to cover his slight awkwardness.

Once again tapping the edge of his glass, he hummed thoughtfully. For a moment, his own guilt and inner demons welled up before he stamped them down and walled himself off mentally. "It is. Toughest thing to bear." Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair. "I could...we could talk about it." It was a tentative offer, since he was pretty sure the the bartender would turn it down.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Sunjata’s confused now too, with the confusion bouncing down the bond. He thought it would be fairly obvious that the bigger asshole he’d been referring to was the Ascended who had peppered his skin — in many places where it was quite visible, not at all hiding the fact of what he’s been up to. But he passes over the idea, a nod granted to Loren’s offer, still an offer at the end of the day.

The next question is one Sunjata considers for a bit, jaw clenching slightly as he decides whether or not it’s a good idea. But of course, too much alcohol in his system and his attempts at not caring get the best of him. “How soon is too soon to move on?” He asks quietly instead. “Because that’s mostly what I’m feeling the guilt about.” A hand lifts to rub against his neck and rub at the back of it, along tired shoulders.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Thankfully, they both decided to let the confusing conversation go. However, the discussion they were having wasn't any easier, albeit for entirely different reasons. When Sunjata asked his question, Loren shrugged. Leaning forward, he wrapped the fingers of both hands around his glass. "I don't know. I really don't." He took a deep breath. "But I don't think there's a right answer, or a right time. Just...a right time for you."

Shrugging, he ran a nervous hand through his hair again leaving it even more tousled. "If...if you found something, with someone that makes you happy then...don't question it, okay? And don't feel guilty, either." When he realized what he'd set, he actually laughed a little. He pulsed an apology at the bartender as the healer did so though.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He watches briefly as his question lands and Loren sits forward, his steel gaze flickering over the other man’s body posture before it returns to the glass, listening. “Everyone seems to think they know better.” He rumbles, shrugging before pulling a cigarette out — conveniently forgetting Loren’s previous issues with it, despite how much the bar already smelled like it.

What if…” He rumbles, somewhat muffled by the cigarette hanging from his lip as he tries to find that lighter Libby’s had given him, checking his pockets. “What if that person was there pretty much the whole time, in the background, and you just didn’t realize it until after everything else?” He manages, finding the pocket the lighter was in, going to light the cigarette. “What then? Guilty or no?
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Snorting, Loren shook his head. "Nobody knows you better than you." It sounded like a copout, but he meant exactly that. "If it feels right to you, then again, the best thing I can tell you is just to accept it."

As Sunjata took out a cigarette, the healer rolled his eyes. When the bartender actually lit it, the Launceleyn reached out with his telekinesis to pluck it from the other man's lips and snuff it out. "Except for when it comes to smoking. Please don't do that in front of the Grand Healer." Loren's tone was joking, but he was being deadly serious.

However, his expression softened. "Then I think I'd say not guilty. You've just realized that fact. Nothing wrong with that. Or with you." He reached out to clasp Sunjata's shoulder.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
A snort and a shake of his head is given to Loren at that comment, imagining it’s one of those things far easier said than done. “I suppose.” Comes the more muffled answer. But he gets the cigarette to be lit, only to have Loren pluck it from his lips — a pulse of frustration as well as something else. Because Maea had also done something similar once or twice, the same magic, and it sinks something deep within him as he sits back, downing the rest of the drink.

It is basically my bar. Besides, what else is there to do here other than drink, smoke, and fuck?” He gives an unamused look toward Loren, a quirk of his brow. Regardless, Loren’s hand is there and he’s half tempted to shrug out of it, but sighs instead. “No, you’ll know people can’t just leave it alone.” There’d always be some whisper of it somewhere, painting him as if he hadn’t cared.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Pressing his lips together, Loren gave Sunjata a pointed look. "I know." The healer's tone was firm, and brooked no disagreement.

As the bartender grew angry, however, the Launceleyn remained calm. "Gee, I don't know, catch up with a friend? Reminisce? Talk? All of the above?" There was a lightly teasing tone, but again, he was also being serious.

Shrugging, he gave the other man a sad look. "So what? What part of 'fuck em' did you not understand?" Loren punched Sunjata lightly in the shoulder. "Look, it took me a while to realize this, but I spent a long time worrying about what people would think. Then I realized that what I felt trumped all that shit."
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
There’s an almost flat look granted back to Loren at the comment, a huff of a sigh leaving his lips. “What is there to catch up about? I feel like you already know everything else that’s gone on with me besides specifically who I’m hanging around with these days.” Perhaps it’s the alcohol talking, but some sort of light crosses along his gaze as he rolls the empty glass between one hand, pursing his lips a small amount. “Well, that and I think I’m a part of Torchline’s government now.” He shrugs easily.

Still, Loren’s response does help in a way, makes it seem like it shouldn’t matter what everyone else thinks – and yet somehow… Somehow Sunjata still finds it there, that wriggling fit of doubt that it would all completely backfire in his face. His gaze flickers to Loren when the mock punch is given, body pressing back against the chair a small amount. “I guess I’m more worried about how to respond to it. People are going to ask or think I didn’t care enough because I moved on too quickly.” A muscle feathers in his jaw, leaning forward and bracing his arms against the table before running a hand through his hair.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Unable to prevent himself from rolling his eyes, Loren took a sip of water so he didn't blurt out the first snarky thing that sprang to mind. "Well you could ask about me." Apparently the pause and the water didn't help that much.

Snorting, he shook his head. "Or you could tell me about how you went running into a volcano. Is that related to the government thing?" He gave Sunjata a quizzical look.

"Let them think what they think. If you tell them the truth, that you were expecting this and it's not a betrayal, that it makes you happy and it's not hurting anyone, and they don't believe you, they're not really your friends." He shrugged.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!