Always Laugh
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lirsi was wandering through the crowd, a predatory look in her eyes. She was looking for the next person to target; while she waited to be given another job. Men passed her by, their eyes roaming her form, and she offered a smile towards them, moving on.

None of the ones taking interest in her caught her interest. She could afford to be picky. There was another reason to be out and about, her gaze constantly roving over any male in the crowd, and that was because she was still seeking her brother.

She'd never stop looking for him until she had confirmation that he was dead. She was careful as she walked, sidling up next to a fruit vendor. She waited until the merchant was distracted, and pocketed an apple, walking away from the stall without a second glance, no hesitation.

Biting into the fruit, she flashed a smile to various people around her, settling on a railing, as if she belonged there. Perhaps she did. Her eyes had fixed on the ocean, bypassing the various ships, her gaze lingering long enough to see if she recognized the ship; but no, her mothers' ship was not docked, and that...

Well, it'd been years since she had last seen the ship. She missed it, though, her home upon the ocean. Her gaze returned to the people, and she huffed quietly, finishing her apple and tossing the core on the ground, stepping over it as she left the railing.

"Hey, mister." She called, her tone light, playful. "Can you tell me about that ship there, the history?"

Saiden
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Saiden had been heading back towards the Ark, today's catch in a bag slung carelessly over his back. When a woman's voice spoke up behind him, he halted. Turning slowly, he gave her a once over. She didn't look familiar, but that wasn't unusual for him these days.

Putting the bag on the ground, he glanced at the ship she'd asked about. He knew the ship in question, though he made a show of examining it for a long time. When he finally looked back at her, he shrugged. "Maybe. What makes you think I can, and why do you ask?" His tone was as light and playful as hers.

Coding base by Sky!
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Hmm... Dunno. Seem like you spend a lot of time here." She eyed the bag he'd dropped to the ground. When he wanted to know why she was asking, another shrug.

"Curious. Never been curious, mister?" Her gaze flitted to the ship in question, and she shoved her hands into her pockets, stepping towards the stranger. Hands in her pockets was a show of good will; can't steal anything when they're put up.

"I grew up on a ship. Bit similar, not that one though. I like learning the histories of them. What they're used for. Reminds me of home," she flashed a smile, her gaze leaving the ship to focus on the man.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Simply arching an eyebrow at the woman's assertion that Saiden looked like he belonged here, he crossed his arms. Humming a neutral tone, he smirked a little as she went on. "Not after I heard what it did to that poor cat." His tone was lightly amused.

Not moving as she slipped her hands into her pockets and came closer, he just regarded her steadily. "And what ship was that?" Although his voice was still friendly, he'd narrowed his eyes slightly. In addition, he had a firm grip on the water of the ocean nearby, ready to fling it at her if this encounter went sideways somehow.

Coding base by Sky!
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
Lirsi chuckled quietly, "Ah, yes. That poor cat," she nodded solemnly, though the grin never left her lips. When he asked about her parents ship, she raised her brows. "My mothers' called it Acacia's Desire." She was still, to this day, surprised they had not named her Acacia after the ship. It had been their first child.

"Ya seem tense." She stated, having noted the slight narrowed look of his eyes, "Pretty eyes mister. Anyway, have you heard anything about it?" The topic had turned entirely from telling her about the ship docked. But she'd get back there soon enough.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Still standing right where he'd been this whole time, Saiden just shrugged when the woman mentioned the name of a boat. "Never heard of it." He'd only been here two years, so it wasn't unusual he didn't know every vessel.

"Not tense. Just waiting for this conversation to reach some sort of point." The smile he turned on her was maybe just the slightest bit predatory. Laughing at her compliment, he didn't bother answering her question, seeing as he'd already done so.

Instead he just cocked his head to one side. "Is that all?" Reaching down, he picked up his bag of fish, more than ready to be on his way.

Coding base by Sky!
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
He was straightforward. She could appreciate that. "Hey, wait. I still want to know a bit about that ship, that one there."  Lirsi clicked her tongue.

"What does that ship run?"  She arched a brow, prepared to call him out if he said he didn't know.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden glanced over at the ship. Then he bent down and picked up his sack, flinging it over his shoulder again. "That's nice." It came out in a wry drawl and he gave the woman a less than amused look. "But I'm not sure I want to tell you about it. What do I get out of it?" The question shouldn't surprise the woman: to get anything in Torchline, one had to give.

Brow furrowing at her question, he cocked his head to one side. "What do you mean run?" His voice was as confused as his expression, and he stared at her as he waited for her to explain exactly what she wanted to hear.

Coding base by Sky!
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
"I can acquire anything you'd like." She responded, with ease, when he asked what he would get if he told her about the ship. She meant it too.

At his confusion, she clicked her tongue. "Each ship brings in an import, no? Has a purpose?" She raised her brows, and moved to stand next to him, "Some fish, others trade furs across Caido, and some... mm, some trade in more rarer items. What does this ship deal with?"

It made no sense for a ship to not have a purpose, after all. Her mothers' ship had been used to smuggle, purely for that purpose, while some of her fathers' ships were simple fishing boats.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
As the woman boldly proclaimed she could procure anything that Saiden desired, he arched an eyebrow. For a moment, he didn't respond. Then he smirked. "Mageglass." It came out in a challenging tone, and he looked at her expectantly. It was impossible to procure, because no one had set their hands on it in lifetimes, though all the rumors indicated there was some truth to it.

When she approached, he stepped aside, not even bothering to hide the fact that he was trying to put some distance between them. Something about her manner was causing the hairs on the back of his neck to prickle. "Seems like a question for the captain."

Coding base by Sky!
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
His request caused her to snort, and she shook her head. "Mageglass isn't something you can just pick up on the streets," she rolled her eyes, watching him step aside, humming to herself. She believed Mageglass existed, yes, but she had never seen it with her own eyes, and knew it was impossible to find. For now. It was not her personal desire to hunt for it, when it may no longer exist. It didn't bother her too much, that he was putting space between herself and him. It was insulting, sure, but also a bit of a compliment.

"Then who's the captain?" She raised her brows, gaze fixed on the ship in question. "I'd like to ask questions and get answers," Instead of whatever this was.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden laughed at the woman's response. "So you can't actually acquire anything I would like." Tone lightly mocking, he shifted the position of the sack as it began to dig into his shoulder. "Just some things. Care to be more specific?" Again, he arched that eyebrow at her, expecting her to give a better response than what she was clearly hoping he wanted to hear.

Shrugging, he pointed at the sailors on the ship. "Then go ask the crew. It's not my place to reveal other people's secrets unless there's something in it for me." Turning, he began to slowly walk away, though she would have more than enough time to stop him.

Coding base by Sky!
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
"Never say never. Just... not acquirable right now." She defined. When he asked for clarification, she shrugged. "I can get information, if you're into women, men..." She even had some connections to darker deals. "Drugs, mmm... possibly enchanted items." That last one would send her off to make some friends of good standing with the gods, though.

As he pointed to the sailors on the ship, she popped her lips, studying the sailors thoughtfully. He walked away, and she made no immediate move to stop him from leaving her.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
As the woman clarified, Saiden smirked. "Then you should be more specific in your offers of a favor." As she went on to do just that, he laughed. "Do you think I have any problems getting men or women? Or anything you just mentioned?" He gave her an almost incredulous look: between his good looks, being part of the crew of the Ark, and newfound fame from helping stem the flow of the volcano, there was almost nothing he couldn't acquire on his own.

And the things he couldn't, this stranger couldn't help him with.

Still walking away, he didn't bother sparing her a backwards glance. She didn't seem particularly good at the favor game, and he wasn't inclined to waste his time these days.

Coding base by Sky!