Personal Quest Support Your Local Drug Dealer
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
Why you don't got any questions?
How you know that this is real?
In the aftermath of Apopo's eruption, and the subsequent clean up, one thing had become starkly obvious to Nate. There were not nearly enough medical clinics in the city, considering it's size, the rate of injury and mishap among it's populace. And considering the state of rebuilding the city was going through, it seemed the perfect time to add one, especially since he was going to be staying in Torchline for the foreseeable future.

Nate spent a few nights seeking out a location, considering it a stroke of luck when he came across an abandoned building, close to one of the main streets, closer to the beach and ports. The interior was a mess, used for some less than savoury purposes at once point, then left out the elements, but it was work that could be done. Just not work he could do alone. So he sent a few feelers out, a date connected to them, taking advantage of a connection in a high place to send word reaching further.

And early on the appointed day, Nate waits, just inside the doorway of his chosen location, and waits, a few boxes of supplies gathered around his feet, and behind him in the building.

This is a PQ to establish a Medical Clinic in Haulani. There are 3 spots open, and it will move on as soon as all the spots are filled. Please write your character arriving.

1. Sunjata
2. Jiao
3. Remi
I am feeling such oppression
You can't tell me how to feel
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
lions sit in solemn lines, drinking gin and dropping lines
Honestly, it’s a good idea to have some sort of medical section within Torchline – given the area’s nature. So it’s not too much of a surprise from Sunjata to know that Nate plans on starting one up. What is surprising, is that it’s there in Haulani, a city they had worked together to save the little places like this and the boxing ring, the merchant shops and people’s homes. It’s a fair distance away from the boxing ring, but Sunjata manages to find it with little help.

He’s getting used to navigating the area, at the very least.

Slipping through the doorway of the place Nate has decided, he shrugs off a light jacket and focuses on the Ascended with a small smirk. “Going to probably have a lot of business, you know.” A raise of his brow to that, but he drifts near the Ascended to ruffle raven hair before slipping toward the boxes of supplies to inspect what Nate’s brought, ready as can be to help create it.
wasting beats in this heart of mine
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Jiao

Well, Jiao supposed if she was enough of a Torchline Citizen to vote for the leader, she was enough of a citizen to venture into the city. She'd spent a couple of days just exploring, visiting stalls - though of course, after the recent eruption, a lot of people were trying to recover their lives from a mess, and it was hardly the most joyful trip.

Eventually the guilt of seeing so much trauma around her made her want to find a way to help. She'd never felt that urge back home in the Greatwood and she supposed that showed more than anything how much more she felt like she belonged here, beneath the Torchline sun. When she saw the people struggling it actually hurt her, made her want to look for where she could assist - and finally, she heard about the clinic.

While she wasn't sure if she'd be able to do a lot of the work required, she figured an extra pair of hands could never be a bad thing. Coming in just as Sunjata ruffled Nate's hair she made a face, leaning against the doorframe. "I'm here to help with the clinic, but I don't wanna interrupt your date."

I've never really cared for your social flow
Holy Mother Star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
Was Remi here as the governor? As a friend? As someone who bitterly wanted to help succeed an enemy of Sam's? Or just as an altruistic soul?

Well, we know it isn't the last one.

"Nate." The alchemist called by way of greeting, shading his eyes with a hand and giving the ascended a nod. "Sunjata. Jiao." He added with a polite nod to each in turn.

"I would have thought you'd set up right next to the boxing ring." The alchemist murmurs with a grin, a glint of mischief in his pale stare. He lets the words hang long enough that the implication of proximity being because of Sunjata and Nate's whatevership is obvious, before shrugging. "You know, because of how many black eyes and broken noses are apt to walk out of the ring."

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
It's no surprise when Sunjata shows up first, Nate leaning in to press a kiss to the other mans cheek, then leaning back and smiling after him. "I'm trying to keep busy, legitimately." He snorts lightly, then turns to the woman who entered next, his brows raising in surprise. "If you're here to help, I think we can hold off for a little bit." He holds a hand out to her though, glad to have the help. The last arrival was none other than the newly appointed Governor, another little surprise. This one he takes a little more in stride though, grinning back at Remi. "I did think about it, but I wanted to be able to get some things done without distractions."

With everyone arrived, Nate clapped his hands together, a wide smile on his face. "Thank you all for showing up. It means a lot to me, cause I won't have to do all this shit alone." He spread his arms, gesturing to the room around them, the stairs at the back of it. "I looked around a little bit, and there's a lot to do. The first floor needs to be swept out and cleaned, and I saw some holes in some of the walls that could be patched up. I don't know if there's rats, or worse around here, but I don't want to find out this way. The second floor needs some cleaning too, and the rooms set up. And finally, the stairs up to the roof are fucked, so they need to be fixed, and the roof will probably need to be fixed up too."

Nate hummed, going over the list of things he'd made up, and nodded. "I think that's the big stuff, yea. I don't mind who does what, and I've got... hopefully everything you need here." He shrugged, figuring if they were missing something they could cross that bridge when they came to it.

Round 1, and lot's of tasks to do!

1. The first floor needs to be cleaned out
2. The holes in the walls need to be repaired
3. The second floor needs to be cleaned as well, and have the rooms organized
4. The stairs leading to the roof need to be repaired, and the roof should be investigated

You can assume any tools required are provided, within reason. No posting order!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Ach.” Sunjata snorts with a roll of his eyes to the kiss to his cheek, the comment granted about legitimate business. He’s about to retort with something akin to how boring that sounds, before he shifts in his position once Jiao joins the group and he offers her a nod and a smile, followed closely by Remi. A snort is granted to the governor in greeting, a dip of his head as if to say that he’s surprised too before he whips is head toward Nate with a roll of his eyes. “Without distractions? Right.” A wink given to the doctor before tasks are listed out.

After a moment of deciding and looking to snatch up the tools needed, he brushes by Nate’s shoulder toward the stairs. “I’ll work on the stairs to the roof.” Sunjata rumbles, passing by and heading up the stairs with tools in place. The stairs, he notices, are absolutely fucked as Nate had put it. He begins by shifting to his macaw form to investigate the roof and see how it's holding up, before dropping back to the stairs he's supposed to be working on as well. He begins by trying to remove the rotted, broken wood to prepare for new ones to go in place, checking in on the supports and working on reinforcing them for the likely foot traffic.

Sunjata chooses to fix the stairs and check the roof! He investigates the roof in his macaw form and returns to fix up and reinforce the stairs.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
"Uh huh. And what a distraction he—I mean it—would be." Remi chuckled back smoothly. Not unlike his own husband, more than a few seemed to be quick taken by Sunjata; as with he did with Ronin, Remi was always content to point this fact out.

Listening as Nate outlined what needed to be done, the alchemist offered the man a Cheshire smile. "Holes to be filled you say? Well, I know where my services are best suited." They'd likely roll their eyes at him, but somewhere he knew, if Ronin heard his pitifully boyish locker-room humour, he'd still laugh.

Letting himself in, Remi went to work creating wood to patch up the holes, and then filling it with an organic and rather sticky substance. Not unlike sap, it would hold the boards but also allow them to flex. For good measure he added a few nails that Nate had brought if only to ensure that they'd not come down anytime soon, no matter how hard the while might be pounded or otherwise disturbed.

Remi does holes!

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Jiao

"You absolutely can. I'm not here to see people kiss." Jiao still smiled as she took Nate's hand though, gliding in elegantly and curtseying with a laugh, then stepping aside to see the last man that walked in: their new governor and resident beach hobo (well not anymore, but Jiao didn't know that), Remi. Giving him a little wave she waited to see what Nate wanted them to do, hoping there would be jobs less dependant on manual labour that she could take on.

Cleaning was not the most glamorous job, but she'd dressed in purposefully scruffy clothes in case there was that kind of job to do. "I'll clean." She offered, going to fly up the stairs once Nate had done speaking and fetching a broom to sweep with (presumably one had been prepared), getting on with the work quickly; with her feet not needing to touch the floor, sweeping was easier than it would have been otherwise.

--
Jiao sweeps/cleans the first floor!

Holy Mother Star
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
His assembled volunteers listened closely, each of them wandering off once he'd finished explaining to claim on of the jobs he'd suggested. And with hardly any snark too, save for Remi, who earned himself a low chuckle. The only issue with letting everyone else choose their jobs is that Nate himself got left with the one he wanted to do least. With a sigh, Nate grabbed a broom and got started on the floors, sweeping ash, dust, sand, and gods knew what else out the door, into the street. Really, it wasn't so bad, once he got into the spirit of it.

Up on the roof, Sunjata would find what had once been neat garden boxes, now overgrown and rotted. Whatever had once been growing had twisted into heavy masses of leaves and vines, blocking off access to most of the rest of the roof, though it look as though there were hel's nesting within, taking refuge in the tangle. It will take some tools to start dealing with though, and the stairs are the easier alternative for the moment. They are better near the bottom, the wood growing softer and more disintegrated the higher up they move, but they are easy to pull out at least. And the base is still sturdy enough that the the new stairs are put in without a problem. Before too long, the roof is open to be worked on.

Remi, similarly, completes his task with ease, his conjured materials making quick work of the holes in the wall, though not without some... complaints. Quiet hissing, the sounds of bodies moving within the wall, seeking exits that had only recently been covered. Snakes, that will have to be moved, and if possible, kept from returning. Perhaps there's a hole in the exterior wall, giving them an entrance?

Brooms were provided, and there was a very Cinderella-esque charm that came with Jiao's hovering and sweeping. The floors here were cleaner in some ways, though the layer of ash did sit a little thicker around the windows of the rooms, and needed a little more elbow grease to budge. Everything went smoothly though, until the last room, which opened to a tangle of spiderwebs, skittering legs fleeing the movement, the sudden light in the dim room. There's not many, but they are large, and, and the room is filled with webs, and worse.

With the front area now dusted out, and Remi well in control of any holes, Nate began to work through the boxes of supplies he'd brought along as well, sorting between things that could stay on the first floor, and things that would need to be transported upstairs.

Sunjata repairs the stairs quite handily, and discovers an overgrown garden on the roof, thick with plants and abandoned birds nests. It would be useful if it could be restored to a usable state!

Remi patches the holes easily, his materials far sturdier than anything Nate has provided, but has discovered snakes in the walls, which will need to be removed for safety reasons.

Jiao cleans most of the first floor, but discovers one of the rooms is infested by large spiders, and their webs.

Nate succeeds in sweeping and begins sorting medical supplies around to be moves to the various rooms after they're prepared.

No post order!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
For once, a bit of his manual labor pays off. And he tests the stairs once the old, rotted wood is removed and the new beams put into place. It’s sturdy enough – and so Sunjata focuses on the boxes up above – recognizing them for what they were when he’d lived with Phoebe. So he takes the stairs up to the roof, pausing to glean some sort of idea of what to do with the variety of vines. He needs some more tools at the very least, unable to pull them out by sheer force or will.

So he moves to the bottom floor again, grabbing a few more tools for cutting and possibly sawing (those vines looked like either could work), before heading upstairs again to start to detangle and clean up the overgrown mess. He makes a pile of the bird nests long since abandoned, and begins to make another pile of leaves and vines as he tries to either hack, saw, or cut his way through this overgrown and rotted jungle of a sort.

Sunjata tries to take out all the bird nests and cut through the vines/tangle to clear it up and gain access to the rest of the roof.
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
'Hallo you lot.' Remi sings happily upon hearing the hisses from within. Even as a boy he was never skittish around animals most found unsavory; as an attuned, he was even less worried. Compelling the snakes out from the wall (a few slipping up his arms and lingering around his neck), Remi began to walk them outside. "If the good doctor needs your medical expertise, he'll ask. Until then, let's find you somewhere else to be."

Outside, Remi helps create a new habitat for the snakes a goodish distance away. Using rocks, dug up earth, and growing some plants around to give the animals good cover, he returns to the outside of the building to look for where they might have slithered their way in. Closing up any holes in the foundation with earth magic, he further fills in some gaps in the walls.

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:
Jiao

The sweeping became quite relaxing eventually, the even rhythm of swinging the broom back and forth easy to get into as Jiao cleaned up the floor, making sure the dirt was packed into easy piles to dispose of later: she heard various things going on downstairs but ignored them, humming to herself and thinking of everything on her mind as she brushed away.

It wasn't until the first spider appeared that she was drawn out of her thoughts and jumped away with a little gasp, watching as more spilled out. Automatically she reared the broom back and began to smack down on the bugs one after the other: perhaps as a Fae she ought to have had some kind of respect for the sanctity of animal life...but these spiders were big and gross and they weren't in the Greatwood anymore.

Smacking the broom over each spider until it stopped moving took a few hits and by the time she was done she wiped her brow and gathered up the web with the broom then brushed it and the spiders to the corner, shivering as a little bit of web touched her leg.

---

Jiao goes ham with her broom on the spiders.

Holy Mother Star
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Things on the first floor seem to be shaping up nicely, the main area cleaned, the holes in the walls patched, and the supplies Nate had brought sorted, boxes marked with where they need to be put, though they're a bit vague. The sight of Remi carrying armloads of snakes out does distract him for a moment, but, as long as they're being taken out it's something he can accept. As the other man returns inside, Nate calls him over. "Give me a hand with these? Anything with a number on it needs to go upstairs, I don't care which room is what number, as long as the boxes all match." He took an armful of boxes himself, and started carting them up the stairs.

The pair on the higher floors are having much less luck with their tasks. At first, the rejuvenation of the roof seems to be going well for Sunjata, overgrown vines falling easily to the serrated blade he'd grabbed, but the problem comes as he starts pulling at nests. The first are abandoned, moved without incident, but one of them is not as abandoned as it looks. A single sharp noise is heard from the one he grabs next, answered from above by another, far louder shriek. Within the nest is a chick, and approaching very, very quickly is it's upset mother, wings outstretched wide and talons reaching out towards him. All he can see of the bird is a dark grey body, and the piercing eyes of a raptor.

Jiao is also having some difficulties, though her troubles seem to be over easily. The spiders were no match for the wide head of the broom, their fat bodies reduced to smears and bits stuck between the bristles of the broom. Her aggressive stance seems to have worked against her though, the head of the broom coming loose in her attack, and, with one particularly spirited wind up, flying off completely, arching over her shoulder, and through the window, depositing spider pieces and web back over the room.

Remi is successful in clearing out the snakes, and Nate now needs help bringing supplies upstairs to the various rooms

Sunjata is attacked by the matriach eagle of a less than empty nest while attempting to clear off the roof

Jiao breaks her broom, loosing the head of it, and spreads webs and spider bits all over the room, undoing most of her cleaning

Nate sorts his boxes without incident and begins to bring things to their final homes

No post order!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Look who's organized." The alchemist notes with a roguish laugh of approval. He picks up a box in his arms, and then two more with tentacles suddenly having sprouted from his sides. Two more are grabbed my magical means. Following Nate up the stairs, Remi glances at which numbers are on the boxes the doctor has, sending off like-numbered boxes of his own after him.

Without knowing what's in what he carries, Remi just leaves them in rooms at random, though does indeed ensure that all numbers match.

Going back downstairs for the rest, Remi grabs the boxes with more magic, juggling them effortlessly in the air. "Hey Doc, any of this fragile?" So saying, the alchemist pretends to sneeze thus breaking his concentration and dropping the boxes. He doesn't of course, catching them with telekinesis at the last moment.

Coding base by Sky!