Plot Advancing PQ shook up with sound
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Melita had watched in rapt fascination, and from a safe distance, within the volcano’s rapid enthrallment. The teamwork between everyone else clambering along beaches, or diffusing the air, or ceasing the lava’s movement had been something to behold. A collaborative coordination, which might be something they could only dream of back along the Hollowed Grounds.

But with the subsequent movement and motions of the lava, interspersed amongst Rae’s Fingers (and a portion of the Ark’s pipeline), they’d need to find a new way to venture in. She was all the more willing to explore – the elements of danger, of enigmas, of the unknown, not truly an apprehensive notion in her mind. The honeybee youth was all the more exuberant and excited about the potential whims.

After acquiring a boat (and its oars) big enough for those she’d invited (only one that truly irked and irritated, but they’d need Loren for healing potential, in case things went awry quickly) from the local townspeople, she’d ensured there was enough room for her bag (including bandages, food, water, and rope), and hung a lit lantern along a hook extended from the sides. Her weapons remained on her person, dagger’s notched on her belt, staff in her palms, bow bracelet affixed to her wrist, her anklet remaining exactly where it should, and her quiver of arrows sidled along her back.

Now all she needed was her own makeshift crew assembled – which she regarded with an almost Cheshire-like grin, Fangorn settling in beside her. “Ready?” They could make their way into the boat, and then they could be along.

--

This is a PQ+ to Explore the Fingers. Make sure to list out things/items you’re bringing along!

1. Melita
2. Raza
3. Loren
4. Sunjata

Melita is bringing a bag filled with bandages, food, water, and rope. She’s hung a lantern along the boat. She’s also bringing the following items:

Water Dancer | This delicate anklet, when worn, allows the user to step upon the surface of water as though it was solid as the ground. Can be used once per thread.

Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Siabhran | A staff reinforced with the sap of a Wicker Woman. Black as pitch and veined with amber, this staff is nigh unbreakable. Those who are struck with it may experience mild hallucinations lasting up to ten minutes.

Fire Quiver | A magical quiver that turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. (Made by Remi)
to be the sun
MELITA
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren had been surprised to receive the invitation from Melita, but he hadn't questioned it. Instead, he'd just shown up at the appointed time and place. He too was decked out in weapons and items: there was a pair of glasses perched on his nose, a sword at one hip and a pouch on the other, daggers tucked into his boots, a unicorn horn tucked into his belt, an amulet around his neck, that strange scale in one pocket, and some jerky tucked in the other.

Of course, his most potent weapons, his magic were hidden from view, though he hoped it wouldn't come to that. When he arrived, he nodded carefully at Melita. Astra was with him, and she immediately jumped in to the boat to greet the redhead and Fangorn. "Thanks for letting me join." Tone truly grateful, he climbed in to the boat as well, settling in to wait for the rest of the crew.

Loren has some food in his pocket. He also brought the following:

Type: Grey
Spectacular Spectacles {upgraded} | These glasses, which have a small chain attached that allows Loren to wear them around his neck when not in use and makes it more difficult for them to be removed, allow Loren to see through projected visual illusions. The enchantment works for anyone who wears the glasses. In addition, the glasses are made of materials that have been magically reinforced so that they cannot be broken or destroyed easily, not even with the use of other magic.

Type: Dark
Krosis {upgraded} | A magical claymore. When placed in a defensive position in front of the body, and hit with a lifedrain or disintegration attack, the blade will instantly convert the magic into pure energy and then reflect the attack either at the user if left motionless, or in a new direction if the blade is swung. The latter is more difficult to do as it requires perfect timing on behalf of the wielder.

Boomerang Daggers | A set of three throwing knives. When thrown, they will always return to the user. Take care when throwing them all at once!

Type: Light
Unicorn Horn: Imbued with minor healing abilities (upgraded level)

Feather Pouch | A pouch that renders the Spark Bird's feather safe while it is inside. (Made by Remi)

Feather of the Spark Bird | Provides a constant source of light, and can be used to start fires from even the most inflammable of objects and even in terrible conditions (rain, wind, etc).

Magical Amulet | When (abandoned) magic is cast at this device, it can store the power and reuse it as controlled by the wielder. (Made by Remi)

Type: Light
Snake-Guardian Scale: A palm-sized opalescent scale from one of Rae's portal guardians. When used, it will take the holder from their current position into the portalling dimension regardless of where they are. Once it has been used, it will disappear.
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
raza
I’m amused by the girl who’s volunteered to lead the expedition to the Fingers. She seems impetuous and eager to prove herself, but ultimately likeable. It’s her energy, I think, and I can see why Jack took her on for the Ark. Suppose it’s time to see what she’s made of.

I carry very little compared to the other two - no big sword, no staff, just a long dagger at my side and a sack I can loop around my shoulders to keep it above the water line. It has water, a piece of flint, some rope and a grappling hook, and finally, my prize possession - a Cloud Manta stone attached to a choker. Eyeing the boat, I privately doubt that we’re going to need weapons because anything in there would have been chased out by the lava flow - and it hasn’t been so long that they’ve been repopulated yet. With a nod to Loren and Melita, I gesture to the hanging lantern.

“Either cover that or put it out before we get there. I can direct us to the entrance just fine.” If secrecy is key, I don't want some insomniac or busybody seeing a light bobbing along the coast towards the Fingers and then speculating about it to their neighbors in the morning.  

--------------

Raza brings common sense and normal things in a small sack, along with a Cloud Manta stone attached to a choker.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
i can't believe that you could just say
that "the answers unlock this gate"
He’d been asked to come, and he certainly wasn’t going to let her down by not showing up. On top of that, based on how his last excursion went? He certainly wanted to be a part of this one, to help where he could. He’s the last to arrive, slipping up beside Loren and Melita respectively, gaze lingering on Melita briefly before looking to the rest of them. “Loren. Raza.” He hums in greeting with a nod to each of them.

His gaze flickers to the lantern Raza speaks of, reaching out to cover the lantern before looking to the boat, eyes partially shifting to his feline form to better see in the dark expanse. He brings that strange sword of his from the Wishing Wagon, the daggers from Safrin, and those brass knuckles Remi had made him from what seemed like forever ago. And once he situates those on his side, he offers a smaller mischievous grin to Melita. “Ready.

Sunjata brings a pack with water and food supplies, the daggers from Safrin, as well as the following:

hEARs | An earring that when worn, increases the sound of voices (especially whispers)

Flooded Brass Knuckles | brass knuckles inlaid with sapphires. When something is hit with these, jets of water pour from the sapphires with shocking force. Made by Remi.

Flametongue | Magic sword that sheds dim light like a torch and is warm to the touch; causes user to constantly have spice on the tongue as if they ate something fiery hot
'cause if you knew his name, not a thing would change
you'd still be wishing you were blessed
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Things have already changed.

There had always been multiple entrances to the caves, but now nearly all are gone. Swallowed by magma, collapsed under stone... The Fingers have changed dramatically since Apopo erupted, but then, isn't that why you're here?

Two tunnels open up before the boat. The leftmost is older, marked with strange glyphs that any smuggler could easily recognize, though the ash makes them difficult to properly read. The rightmost one, however, is new. It's also the only one that appears large enough for your boat to fit through comfortably; the other will be a tight fit.

Which way will you follow? The old, or the new?

Your randomly determined order is: Raza, Loren, Sunjata, Melita. Please summarize at the bottom of your post which tunnel you intend to enter.

You have 48 hours to reply
beware what waits beneath slumbering earth
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
raza
As we glide towards the Fingers I guide by memory, telling them to swing out to avoid a rock or coral every now and then. I think I’m mentally prepared for it to be different, but when we arrive something inside me sinks a bit.

Pointing to the old way, I tell the group “That’s the old way. I know the glyphs, but we may have t’ tie the boat out here.” Then pointing to the new way, I shrug. “That must be a new way. I know nothin’ about it, but it looks like the boat can fit further in. My gut says the old way, but it’s up t’ you guys.” There are pros and cons to both, but this early on there’s no telling which way is best, or what the damage is inside.
-------------

Raza votes for the old way but ultimately leaves it up to the others.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Staying mostly quiet, Loren nodded a greeting towards Sunjata and Raza when they showed up. They started to head through the tunnels, though it didn't take long before they reached a fork. Glancing between both options, Loren's brow furrowed slightly. Raising one hand, he carefully made some water and sent it to try and wash off the glyphs, which were currently obscured by ash.

Listening to proprietress of the Hanged Man, he nodded again. "I'd listen to the local's gut." He flashed her a quick grin, though it faded as he glanced at Melita and Sunjata. This was the redhead's expedition, so he was willing to listen to her.

Loren washes off the glyphs with his water magic. He also votes for the old route.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The boat drifts closer, two tunnels seen among the darkness. He hears Raza speak first – of which tunnel was there for the usual transactions, and which ones were new and fresh. There’s a part of him that wants to go see what the new ones are about, but really the root of the reason why they’re here is to make sure there’s a way to continue doing business. At least with the old ones, they’re familiar to Raza, have been successful for awhile before the volcano had to erupt.

He glances toward Melita then, shifting a small amount. “We know the old way used to go all the way through, yes? Can’t hurt to check it out first and see what’s changed there.” He agrees quietly, but leaves room for Melita to ultimately decide whether to abandon that for another project and try a new route – or stick with the same old same old.

Sunjata chooses the old route.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Two options before them, and a wealth of opportunities. The more sea-faring adventurer contortion to her was eager to explore the new avenues, and temptation inveigled, enticed, for a matter of moments. But Raza’s wisdom, plus her Natural experience (after all, how many times had their Outlander whims not listened?), weighed heavy in the options. Her eyes went to the glyphs, works of patterns and language incomprehensible to some – and then nodded towards Raza. “Let’s go the old way first,” she paused, hands scratching into the wood of the oar in her hands. “And if we need to turn around, then we can.” A hope, on those last entanglements, a firm breath in her chest.

--

Melita votes for the old way!
to be the sun
MELITA

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Follow the old ways it is.

Once easily large enough for a small craft such as your own, the entrance to the passage is now quite narrow due to the recent seismic activity. The boat creaks and strains as it slides into the gap in the stone. There isn't enough room for you to paddle, and so you are at the mercy of the tides.

And the water is not merciful.

Before any of you has a chance to react the water suddenly shifts, slamming the boat into the wall of the narrow tunnel. A huge tear is torn into the right side, and water begins to rush in. It will sink in two turns if you don't find a way to repair it!

Ahead, the tunnel branches again. To the left there is deep water with no visible outcropping to walk on, and more glyphs written in the stone... if only you can get close enough to read them.

To the right the water becomes shallow enough you could likely wade in it. It's also rather warm. You can feel heat coming through the tunnel, but it's wide enough to walk two abreast.

Straight ahead, a well-used and dry tunnel beckons, though the cave-in has caused the passage to collapse. There may be room for you to squeeze through one at a time.

Boat health: 50% It will sink in two turns if not repaired.

Your randomly determined order is: Raza, Loren, Sunjata, Melita. Please summarize any action at the bottom of your post and include whether your character is going left, right, or straight.

You have 48 hours to reply
beware what waits beneath slumbering earth
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
raza
Inwardly clenching a bit because they take my gut at face value, I hope it isn’t a bad decision.

Turns out it might be. And as the water acts up, I brace myself against the edge of the boat, grabbing for my bag to make sure it doesn’t go overboard. But there’s nothing to be done to stop a piece from breaking against the wall. “Fuckin’ hell!” I curse, mostly to myself because I know I can’t do anything about it. So I hope the others can handle it, while I look ahead at the options. There’s the old markings, but I can’t see if it says ‘this way’ or ‘not this way.’

I’m not ready to get out of the boat yet, so I just try to keep things from falling out into the water while the others hopefully have something up their sleeves.
-------------

Raza tries to save all the things from floating/falling out of the boat and hopes that the others are able to fix it.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
As the boat smashed against the wall in a sudden wave, Loren gritted his teeth. Seeing the water rushing in, he tried to push it out with his magic, then attempted to seal the hole with ice. Glancing up, he took in the three options, the heat in the right, the deep water in the left, and the dry land straight ahead.

Raza hadn't offered any guidance this time, and they had very little time to decide. "Going to try to steer us straight unless told otherwise." With that, he reached out to the water around them to try and use it to both steady the boat and prevent further collisions and guide it to a gentle stop straight ahead.

Loren tries to push the water out of the boat and seal the hole in it with ice. He also tries to stabilize the vessel using the water around them, and, unless Sunjata and Melita provide a different direction, will try to steer it straight ahead.

Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The boat rocks and pulls, slicing and smashing against the wall as it begins to splinter apart. Sunjata hisses a quiet Korofi curse, bracing against the rest of the boat while they work to try and spot the glyphs and way the water begins to slip into the hole that’s been created. There’s too many of them within it, and he looks immediately to Melita – handing her the things on his person that would otherwise get lost when he goes to shift.

Raza, do you wanna come with me to check out the glyphs while they fix the boat?” He calls to her, already moving to remove his shirt in case they can use it, moving to hop into the water ahead of the group and shift to his orca form – waiting to see whether she accepts the motion or not before heading over to the left himself, to look at the glyphs despite not knowing what they say. Still, he tries to peer in regardless.

Sunjata asks Raza to come with him to inspect the glyphs, shifts to his orca form ahead of the boat and whether or not Raza comes with, goes to inspect the glyphs and peer into the tunnel.

Left!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Well – so much for that attempt. Ill-fated at best, perhaps, the comfort and familiarity of the old runes and glyphs not doing them any favors currently, but they were too far gone now with the crashing, the gnarling, the hole sifting and shifting in the boat. She gnashed her teeth together and uttered a string of curses right alongside Sunjata, but that wasn’t going to make anything better.

She tried to move everything aside, however, while Loren worked, patching together the ice, striving to find a way to salvage the already botched mission. The girl gathered a multitude of things in her arms, and Fangorn stretched out his vines to assist as well, maneuvering things in Melita’s direction.

But there were other things to consider, glyphs etched into walls, narrower and narrower passages, the feel of heat pulsing from nearby. Her eyes went and followed along with Sunjata’s shift, with Raza’s capabilities, and formed some meager plan. “Let’s try left.” Hopefully this decision would be better than the original.

--

Melita and Fangorn try to move things aside to make it easier for Loren to move water/patch up the hole.

She wants to go left!
to be the sun
MELITA