i know a spot where you won't get caught
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
It'd been a week or so since Aisha had first arrived in Caido. Arrived being a tame word for it; kidnapped, stolen, unwillingly dragged, were terms she preferred. She'd spent days growing accustomed to Oliver's manor, staying around him and questioning him when given the chance. Little things, query's into himself and things that had nothing to do with him. The golden crown soaked up information like nectar from a flower. Sweet, candied knowledge to keep her buzzing. To keep her mind off of all that she'd lost.

It'd taken her said week, but she'd found herself in a kind of routine, a comfort and foundation for her new life. The manor wasn't a home like her real home could ever be, but it was safe. Safety unfortunately, had a way of growing dull, and not only was Aisha trying to avoid the mundane in order to keep her thoughts from wandering, but she simply hated it. She was a thrill seeker, bon vivant, monotony was for the weak.

Sunlight traced blonde curls, tied up ineffectively by a golden ribbon. A trinket she wouldn't dare to part with, if not in her hair it would be close on her person at all times. Today she'd finally felt safe enough at the manor to leave it and place herself somewhere new, somewhere unexplored that could offer more distraction and more excitement. She went further and further into the settlement, along cobbled streets she'd yet to walk, large hazel eyes observing everything with piqued interest.

AISHA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Not every day was a grand adventure on the world of Caido. Some days were actually fairly quiet, with mild autumn weather and errands to run to keep the hinges of life oiled and working smoothly. Jigano was enjoying the pleasant day as he visited several of the shops within the Settlement, making purchases of tea and oil, butter and salt, honey and dried fruit. It was warm in the sunshine but chilly in the shade, and a light breeze chased playful leaves down the streets from time to time.

Leaves that a small blue-and-white gryphon, with the wings and head of a snowy owl and the body and tail of a snow leopard made housecat-sized gleefully chased before returning to the shoulder of the tall, slender man with his honey-colored skin and long white hair pulled into a simple tail. He had sharp feathers and broad shoulders for his build, but he laughed easily as he watched his companion chase her 'prey' like the fierce hunter she was. He balanced a large bag filled with his treasures easily in one arm, in spite of the wide grey sleeves that might have gotten in the way if he wasn't so adept at twitching them at just the right moment to keep them from getting caught or tangled in anything.

Isuma's most recent target was a large yellow leaf that skirled and danced tantalizingly along the cobbles, and twice she had almost caught it just as the wind jerked it out of her talons. She was so focused on the leaf that she had stopped paying attention to her surroundings, and when she finally pounced for it a third time she was surprised to find herself pinning it to the boot of a stranger she had nearly flown right into, if Aisha didn't move out of the way fast enough.

Wide golden eyes looked up - and up - at Aisha as Jigano hurried over, a rueful smile on his face. "Sorry about that. Please excuse us, we didn't mean to get in your way."
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Aisha found herself preoccupied with the sky above, slowing her pace to carefully trek while paying it some attention. The clouds were tattered, white ribbons shred on a blue cloth. She'd seen this type of sky back home, and even then it'd been interesting. The wind was a meticulous sculptor, and while her ivory medium was seldom symmetrical, it was always used bountifully upon it's canvas.

Movement at her peripheral, blurring and quick, caught her hazel eyes. The girl looked down sharply just in time for a strange beast to pounce upon her boot. She didn't have time to analyze it's intent, or see that it was in fact rather cute. She reacted upon instinct, and unfortunately for the gryphon flight was not for her.

Without a word, but a surprised scowl, she kicked out at the thing, the leaf it'd sought to catch fluttering away as she did. A voice distracted her from her startled attack, and she whipped her head in the man's direction, golden mane following shortly after and bouncing by her cheeks. Eyes wide and brows narrowed, interpreting his smile and his words in a wary silence. Us, he'd said, and she glanced back to the creature she'd kicked.

Upon finally taking in what she saw, her eyes widened once again, a soft gasp pulled in past her lips. "What is that?" she asked, possibly rudely disregarding his apology, but not intentionally. She was simply wonder struck, they definitely did not have gryphons where she was from.

AISHA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Focused on the leaf as she was, Isuma didn't see the foot she nearly pounced on, nor the kick that came at her small, feline body. Aisha's boot impacted a soft, yielding ribcage with the snapping of hollow bones within and the gryphlet let out a weak cry of shock as she collapsed to the cobbles.

Jigano stumbled, hand reaching for his own ribs as the pain flashed through the bond and etched itself into his own body. His smile dropped away, golden skin turning white in shock as the bag of groceries fell unheeded to the ground and he dove for Isuma's sadly-peeping form. Ignoring the woman with the bouncing blond curls completely he reached out to the gryphon, golden light swirling around his hands as he drew hard in the music of his healing magic to right the broken bones and ease the pain of his companion.

The breeze stirred the tea that had fallen loose from its packaging and spilled onto the street, the leaf now gone and forgotten as a few of the townsfolk going about their days stopped to stare and mutter unhappily at the woman who had just attacked a companion.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
As soon as Aisha had spoken, the man before her doubled over, diving for the creature that peeped weakly on the cobbled streets. She didn't know what'd happened, at first not realizing how hard she'd kicked the creature, but upon seeing his display of pain and panic she felt a wave of guilt and worry wash over her. People nearby shook their heads at her, Aisha didn't notice however, as she crouched down next to him with knitted brows.

"I'm so sorry, I just- your thing startled me I didn't mean to. Are you ok?" she asked, clearly concerned for the guy and his pet she'd just impulsively kicked. It's pitiful cries made her feel worse and worse by the second, and if he wasn't covering the thing she would've attempted to pet it and offer comfort. It was when she tried to get another look at it that she noticed the golden light swirling at his fingertips.

Magic, not the first time she'd seen it since arriving in Caido, but still rather awe inspiring. Her attention was momentarily locked on it, the ambient chimes and radiance it gave off. "Are you healing her?" she asked not entirely expecting an answer but hoping for one. Usually if someone was mad at her she would get an attitude back, but this time she had no reason to. He had every right to spite her and her foolish reaction.

So in an attempt to both right the wrong and give him space, the girl glanced toward all the things he'd dropped. Still crouched, she hopped towards it and snatched the bag up, then quickly and carefully put any spilled contents back inside. They were all just normal things, honey, salt, fruits. The guy had just been going out for a grocery run and she'd kicked his pet. Way to go Aisha.

Crawling back over to the guy with the bag, she held it out to him and spoke, "Your tea spilled, but the rest looks ok I think, I'm really sorry."

AISHA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
For the moment he ignored Aisha, all of his attention on his companion and the magic he called to his fingertips, willing it into fragile bones and torn muscles with a desperate concentration. The gryphon was in pain, and for the moment that was all that mattered to him. He acted as though she might have been dying, though it was just the overreaction of a frantic and worried parent. Aisha's kick had hurt the hollow-boned cat bird, but though the pain of broken ribs was startling and sharp there had been no deeper damage, and Isuma was in no immediate danger.

Not that one would know it from how Jigano fussed over her, feeling the bones knit back into position and then lifting her gently to cradle her against his chest to complete his task.

Aisha's second question finally penetrated and he nodded, not trusting himself to speak for a moment. Her confusion, her use of the word 'thing' for Isuma - it all meant something, but he wasn't quite ready to deal with it yet. Not until he felt the pain in the bond ease completely and the gryphlet relaxed against him, burying her head in a fold of his wrapped tunic as he stroked her soothingly with shaking fingers. Only then did he turn his attention fully on Aisha, in time to see her retrieving the scattered contents of the bag. She looked genuinely apologetic and he made himself take a deep breath in and out.

In. And out.

His heart still rabbited in his chest, but her apology was sincere and it seemed as though she honestly didn't know. Which could only mean one thing, really, and Jigano closed his eyes a moment as he centered himself, holding tight to his position and its duties.

"I understand what happened," he said, a little gruffly at first but his voice began to smooth out as his training kicked in once more. "If you're a newly-arrived Outlander you couldn't have known. Isuma is a gryphon. My companion. Companions share a bond with their chosen person here," he tapped his chest with his free hand, over his heart and just above Isuma's fluffy, leopard-eared head. "And here." He tapped his forehead, then reached out to accept the bag back, juggling it carefully with the shivering gryphon still in his other arm. "If I may ask, how long ago did you arrive?"
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha waited as the golden toned man before her collected himself, slowly he began to acknowledge her again. While his reaction had seemed a bit melodramatic, she certainly wasn't in any position to judge. Whatever the reason for his grip of pain, she knew she was responsible, so she took his frustration without recoil. She was honestly rather thankful for his composure, for if he'd rebounded with fury and incredulity she would've either snapped back and caused more trouble for herself in the long run, or stomped away to sulk for the rest of the day.

So all things considered, the girl simply waited, holding his bag like precious cargo, as it was the most she could do for him in this moment. Finally she noticed a release, a deep breath and a break from the tension. The precious creature in his arms snuggled closer, and ceased it's lamenting squeaks, Aisha felt a load better knowing that at least any damage she'd done was being alleviated.

The man had quite a bit of reserve, his words were unsteady but held no bite. Once again, she was grateful. He was even so kind as to explain what'd happened. Companion, but clearly more than just a pet. They shared a bond, so maybe they could feel each other's pain. Ouch, Aisha frowned at that, "Shit, I'm really sorry. To you and... Isuma?" she apologized, quirking her tone up at the end to make sure she had the name right.

He then asked how long ago she arrived, Aisha offered a sheepish smile in response, "That obvious huh, about a week ago."

AISHA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Isuma," he agreed, tilting his head in acknowledgment. "Thank you for the apology. Give me a little more time and I'll accept it properly." When his heart had finally slowed down and the edge of panic and anger had dulled and drained away with it. Isuma wasn't angry - she almost never was, except in defense of him - and focusing on her thoughts and calming her down kept him calmer as well, in spite of the dragon's temper that still curled in his breast.

He took another deep, calming breath, and nodded at the mere week she had been around. He'd waited that long himself before venturing into the Settlement after he'd arrived, just as ignorant as she was, though perhaps more cautious. "I'm Jigano," he said, focusing on letting his temper flow out of him with each exhalation. "The Outlander Advisor for the Hollowed Grounds. Part of that means helping newcomers with questions and getting settled." He managed a weak smile, without much warmth in it yet, but he was making the effort. "What shall I call you?"
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha nodded to his response, part of her wanted to drop her head in embarrassment, though a bigger part kept her eyes on the man and the gryphon in his arms. The curious cat inside her wanted to pet the creature, to inspect it and figure out exactly what 'gryphon' meant for herself, but she knew better than that. Observing would be enough for now.

Aisha waited quietly, patient but also distracted by her scrutiny of Isuma, while the man nodded and continued his calming breaths. After taking in the short week that she'd been a resident here, he offered his name and title, Aisha suddenly feeling even worse knowing that his job was supposed to be helping people like her. Damned reflexes.

"Aisha, thank you for being so understanding," she replied with a respectful nod, trying to somewhat make up for the initial scowl and bad manners she had shown him.

AISHA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Isuma normally begged for pets and was quick to befriend strangers, but after her initial experience with Aisha the little gryphlet just wanted to burrow into her companion's arms and the safety she expected to find there. Her fluffy snow leopard's tail lashed with anxiety as she kept her head buried in Jigano's chest, and he continued to hold and soothe her while he juggled the groceries.

For his part, the bard was distantly grateful that Aisha was giving him the time and space to calm himself from the rush of adrenaline, fear, and anger that Isuma's pain had triggered. He had lost his temper enough times that he knew nothing good ever came of it, and the most recent example was fresh enough that he grimly wrestled it back under control as best he could. Her newness and genuine apologies did much to help with that, and when she offered her own name in return he nodded slowly, exhaling a final deep breath as he gathered his anger back into himself and tucked it away to deal with later.

"Aisha," he repeated carefully, making sure he had the pronunciation and inflections right. "I will admit, this is one of the worst first meetings I've had with a new outlander, and I've had knives pulled on me before," he said, finding a little wry humor in the memory of Melinoe. "But Isuma and I should have been paying more attention to where she was playing, too. Hmm." He paused to look around, judging distance from the nearest shop that would do. "There's a tea shop a little ways back up the road," he suggested. "If you'd like, we can go there and sit awhile, if you have any questions about Caido and the Hollowed Grounds you'd like answered. Or we can walk for a bit and I can show you around the Settlement. I was on my way back to the Atheneum with supplies for the Guildhall there, but I can take you past the notable landmarks if we take a more circuitous route to get there?" Not quite his usual warm welcome, but he was making an effort to be courteous and kind, at least.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
The man before her repeated her name, similarly to how she'd done with Isuma, and she nodded her confirmation. His next comment about her first impression was in all senses, a major oop. The girl bit her lip, squinting abashedly as he spoke, then let out a soft chuckle. "No it was definitely on me, I shouldn't be kicking things even if they are dangerous, probably not the best way to stay under the radar," she replied.

The elegance with which the man was handling it all was once again very impressive, his kindness to someone who had just fouled him was very admirable. Were it her in his shoes, she would've probably stormed away and held a wicked grudge. Luckily it wasn't herself she was dealing with, angry Aisha was not someone to get on the bad side of.

He gave her two options, and while both were more than she thought she'd earned today, she wasn't going to turn down the offer of learning more. "That's like, really nice of you. I've been sitting a lot this past week so I think I'd prefer a little sightseeing," she replied, then added on quickly, "But only if you really want to or have the time."

AISHA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Mm. Most things in the Settlement aren't too dangerous. This time of year the Vampire Gourds can get feisty, however, and they seem to be worse this year than last." He glanced around to make sure none were going to appear at the mention of their name, suspicious of Caido's whims by now. "Isuma is harmless unless you're a mouse or a beetle, though." She had almost eaten an Attuned who was in a mouse shift once... but he decided not to mention that little mistake. No one had gotten hurt, thankfully.

He waited to see which option she would chose, and nodded equanimibly at her decision and reasoning. Walking would let him work out the rest of his tension, too, and the weather was still pleasant enough in the sun that he didn't mind enjoying the day by walking a little further than planned. "It's my job," he said simply, and might have left it at that but instead he inclined his head to the young woman. "And everyone deserves a second chance."

He began walking again, nodding off to his right where a little bazaar of tents was still running in the cool Leafchange air, just off the main road. "Over there is the Artisan's Guild, where many of our craftspeople sell their wares. The Guild is currently run by Deimos, and if you need goods in wood or glass or cloth or clay, or have a special commission you'd be interested in making, that's a good place to start." He tilted his head at her with a flicker of curiosity. "It's also a good Guild to join if you have any skills in making or crafting yourself, since they can help to get you set up and supplied while you get your feet under you."
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Vampire gourds, she didn't know much about them other than to stay away from them, and she'd yet to be able to visualize one like she tried too. Were they really alive? but looked like gourds? "What exactly are they?" she asked, brows knitted as she glanced around when he did, wondering what they were looking for.

Didn't matter really, they moved on quickly, Jigano agreeing to her choice and offering a simple response. His nod and reassurance felt good though, to be validated though her faults. A smile crept upon her rosed cheeks, the first truly cheery smile she'd made thus far. Things were going much better now, why not embrace the warm feeling his sentiment had given her?

He started walking, still cradling Isuma in his arms along with his other items. She caught up quickly, reaching out an offer, "Here, lemme hold your other things for now! You've got your hands full." She didn't mind helping out, her toned muscles were more than capable of relieving his burden.

The advisor began his tour of the settlement with the artisan's guild, and from the initial angle she saw only the building. As they walked closer however she saw on the other side of it a bazaar, definitely one of the more colorful streets she'd walked on, and rather exciting. It reminded her a bit of home, her world had been painted in many hues that she hadn't known she'd missed until now. A warm hum rose in her throat as she watched a peddler speaking to her potential customers.

"It's pretty," she commented, taking in all that he'd explained. The golden crown was never the craftiest of people, her talents were far better situated with fighting and communicating. It didn't take a craftsman however to admire one's work, and she planned on visiting the guild and it's market more in depth in the future.

AISHA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Trouble, mostly," he explained with a tilt of his head and the hint of a wry smile. "Pumpkins, squash, even cucumbers... but they appear to be hollowed out and hold a fire inside that shines out through the wicked faces that are carved in their rind. They can move - rolling and hopping, mostly - and use those tooth-filled maws to bite. Getting bitten by rind is unexpectedly painful," he revealed with a faint grimace. "Or they can lash out with vines to grab or whip. They tend to be fairly small, less than knee height, for the most part, but I've come across some truly massive pumpkins before, too." Ones that could crush bones with their weight alone if they rolled over someone.

He hesitated for a moment at her offer, still not fully over the scare she had given him and Isuma, but he recognized that she meant well and nodded slowly, handing the bag of groceries over. She had picked them up for him before, after all, and it really did help to free up his arm. "Thank you," he said quietly, before directing her attention to the Artisan's bazaar.

Aisha seemed to take some comfort in it, and he relaxed a little more as he recognized the hum of homesickness and recognition. Something about the bazaar seemed to resonate with her, and he remembered how reminders of his own world could both comfort and hurt. "Deimos is a busy man. He runs the Artisan's, but he also holds the title of Hollowed Grounds General," he explained as they continued walking down the road, approaching a wooden building that looked recently rebuilt, and beyond it a barracks and training yard. "We don't have an army, but those are the barracks where the militia gathers to train. If you want to improve your fighting skills, this is a good place for it, and Deimos is an excellent teacher. He holds classes at least once a season." His lips quirked a little ruefully, and Isuma finally raised her head from his chest to look over towards the barracks eagerly, trying to catch sight of her unicorn friend. "The wooden building beside it is the Monster Hunter's Guild, run by Kiada... but they haven't been very active in recent seasons." The failure to reclaim the soul of Kiada's lover at LongNight likely had a great deal to do with that.