Mini Event we ain't ever getting older
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Although Loren still had quite a few trepidations about this whole birthday party for Sunjata (mainly related to the healer's own presence there) he and Weaver had set everything up. She was down at the beach along with everyone else who'd shown up already, getting the last bit of preparations done, and setting up the surprise aspect of the surprise party. It was the Launceleyn's job to get the Arbiter there.

Loren had already sent out the invites. The last note he'd sent had been to Sunjata, asking the other man to meet the healer on the beach. They'd met as planned, and the healer led the Arbiter along the water's edge. "Thanks for meeting. I've been...lonely recently." Thankfully, it was the truth: after breaking things off with Sam the Launceleyn had been left pretty much alone, with only his grief for company.

Then they rounded a small cliff, and a scene unfolded before them: torches, lit against the night, tables full of food and drink, and a small group of people that Sunjata himself had selected (along with one of Maea's choice). As the cries (presumably) went up, Loren turned to the Arbiter. "Surprise! Happy birthday." The healer's tone was wry and he gestured for Sunjata to go say hi to his friends while the Launceleyn stayed behind, lingering on the edges as he planned to do all night.

This is a surprise birthday party for Sunjata! I'll be messaging you if your character received an invitation.
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
you know i'm gonna change, things just don't stay the same no more
In the midst of everything, Sunjata’s forgotten the plans Maea had of throwing a party. He’d confirmed to her that something small might be nice, a few people, though he wasn’t entirely sure who would end up showing. He certainly doesn’t expect it to still be thrown — not as Loren sends him some nonchalant message about meeting to chat, seeing as he’d gotten quite a bit too drunk during the last meeting they’d had.

All he can offer is a small smile to Loren in response, not sure what else to add before they’re rounding the corner and suddenly — suddenly, there’s people and things that describe exactly what Maea had mentioned to him as being a birthday party. It is a surprise, resounding somewhere within him to see who’s all arrived (not sure who all has but were fudging it), turning to Loren with a small smirk.

Thanks Loren.” He rumbles, reaching up to squeeze the man’s shoulder before slipping away to see what’s all there. Drinks, of course, a very nice touch. The rest of it? Food and torches and familiar faces flickering along the party. He sees Weaver there, heading toward her to offer her a small smile of greeting and some amount of hello. “Did you have a hand in this?” He offers with an amused smirk.

Then, he spots Nate there, glass in hand, despite Sunjata knowing it’ll do nothing for him. So he beelines for the Ascended, to snatch the glass out of the Ascended’s hands with a wink and taking a sip before handing it back. “I’ve never had a birthday party before. Not really sure what I’m supposed to be doing, if anything.” An almost awkward laugh leaves him, brow raising to Nate before he looks to who else has arrived, offering bright grins of greeting — sure he’ll speak with them at some point.
you know i'm gonna break your fading heart
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

i know this is war

While Loren is off rounding up Sunjata, Weaver is setting up. She’d brought some booze from Halo, though she’d grabbed much of it in Torchline with the promise of free drinks in return. It was easy to trade many things for free drinks, as it turned out, and she suspected half those she owed would never bother to show in Halo to collect anyway. She’d also gotten the baked goods from Devas, and honestly, she was just sort of tired from all this running around. As it turns out, throwing a surprise birthday party is a whole lot of work.

Soon enough though, Loren and Sunjata arrive, and Weaver joins in the cries. ”Happy Birthday!” she yells, probably loud enough to be heard over the rest, but of course, that is her way. Loud and brash and generally impossible. As Sunjata drifts her way, she gives him a smile and a small chuckle at the question. ”If you like it, then Loren and I planned it together. Well, we borrowed Maea’s plans, as I think she’d still want you to have a party,” she pauses for a moment to rest a hand on his shoulder. ”And if you hate it, the entire thing was my idea. I think I am the safer scapegoat.” Weaver chuckles, unashamed, before sending him off to enjoy his party and his guests.

Weaver eyes the small gathering, suspecting really that her evening would include refilling the booze and the food set out and little more. Perhaps some conversation, though she hasn’t really paused in her job as host to take stock of who had arrived. For now, with nothing needing done, she drifts over to Loren’s side. He is on the outskirts of the party, as expected, and she places a hand on his arm. ”I think he likes it. Thank you,” she says, voice quiet. She is not entirely sure what she is thanking him for, other than perhaps going along with her foolish idea.
--weaver

but the rest of us are trying to pretend it’s a party

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Nate
You resemble a fool
Although you're only a man

Honestly, it had been a little bit surprising to receive a note from Loren, given the way their last interaction had gone, how abruptly it had ended. Nate was glad he had reached out though. He didn't miss parties, and he especially wouldn't miss a surprise party for Sunjata. And when the man of the hour finally arrives, Nate whistles, loud and piercing, his drink in the air.

Nate stays where he is while Sunjata makes his rounds, nursing his drink and looking around at those assembled, at the work that had been done. It was actually an impressive spread, food and alcohol in abundance. Though the availability of it didn't stop his drink from being taken out of his hand when Sunjata comes over, Nate rolling his eyes but refusing it when it came back. An arm snakes around the other mans waist, his head tilting to look up into his face. "That's the saddest thing I've ever heard." Nate offered, too serious about it to be anything other than joking. "You're supposed to be getting fucked up and having fun." He laughs brightly, leaning in to press a kiss to the attuneds cheek. "You deserve it."

So give it up and smile
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
MELITA
Melita’s only hand in the birthday party shenanigans had been telling Maea she ought to have asked Sunjata first; otherwise she’d been busy in one way or another, preparing for seas, training, or anything else associated with the season. Maea, of course, had perished before any of it had happened.

So when she still received the invitation, there was a heavy weight in her gut, a maelstrom of apprehension, before sighing it away, picking it all apart for later insinuations and discoveries. Her bag, holding her uncle’s gift, was hefted along her shoulder, and once they were ready, Fangorn and Melita set out along the coast once more.

She’d had no hand in organizing it, but she was impressed with its denizens and dimensions. A portion of the surprise though, because she hadn’t given away anything, she’d launched and upheld her portion of the bargain, hidden and tucked the notions in the back of her mind. She was amongst and amidst the crowd when he arrived, yelling the surprise with as much vehemence and fervency, before shaking her head at his insinuations. “You enjoy it.” A shrug of her shoulders, as if it were that simple.
help tonight to split its seams
Give the bruises out like gifts
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Change author:
amun
Getting the invitation from Maea, after her death, had sent Amun into a fresh bout of grief. Still, it had been her wish that he attend. So he did, shirtless and barefoot, as befitted Torchline, with a wrapped present. He called "Surprise," a little dully, when Sunjata and Loren appeared.

As Nate twined his way around the bartender, the potter's eyes tightened, and his jaw feathered with tension. Then he went almost unnaturally still, as only Ascended could do. Not breathing, or bothering to pretend he was okay, he marched up to the birthday boy and the doctor who was apparently Sunjata's flavor of the month (oh, and Melita was there too). "Brought you a present." Amun's voice was low. "From Maea."

With that he held out the bundle. If the bartender opened it, he'd find an amphorae of blackberry wine, with a note attached. As soon as Sunjata took it, the potter would turn and leave the two other men (oh, and Melita).
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It was a strange thing, to see all these friends together, some who knew one another previously and others that had yet to really meet yet. But he nods to Weaver in response, keeping the idea in mind but not needing a scapegoat. It was great, really, a giant distraction from what currently was going on with the reminder of his birthday.

But he settles by Nate as Melita arrives, leaning a small amount into Nate’s arm that slips around him, into the kiss pressed against his cheek. And he keeps the glass when it’s evident Nate doesn’t want it. He takes another deep sip, turning a bit toward Melita with another flashy grin, reaching out to her with a hand to pull her in for a quick hug. “Thanks heuningby.” He hums before his gaze lifts to Amun who seems to positively be stalking toward him.

A dark brow raises as the gift is held out to him. He sets the glass down to take it into both hands, hearing the low hum of Amun’s voice and the frustration that seems within it at the way he says Maea’s name, and he clutches the gift with his confusion. “Thanks, she—” He begins before Amun is stalking away again and Sunjata rolls his eyes. “Wait, Amun, where are you going?” He calls after the man, wondering if he has more to say, wondering when the Ascended had started to have a problem with him. Was it because of Nate? Because really, anyone who acted like Amun did certainly seemed like they might understand at the very least.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
She’s late - and was, quite frankly, surprised that she had even received an invitation (did Sunjata secretly enjoy that little bite in the Tundra? The world may never know). Feeling more obligated to make an appearance than anything else, the Wraith literally appears somewhere nearby and after orienting herself towards the party, comes to meet the small group… which isn’t that inspiring. Loren - blah. Melita - probably still hates her. Nate and Amun - unusually cranky, the both of them. Weaver - the only true bright spot in the bunch. And Sunjata, the birthday man himself.

The whole concept of celebrating another year like this is strange.

Wessex heads straight for the booze that won’t get her drunk, pouring herself a decent sized amount, because if she’s going to indulge her dulled taste buds, she needs more than just a few sips. And after a large gulp, in which she savors the faint burn and alcoholic taste, swallowing without so much as a wince, the Wraith leans against the table and watches the interactions unfold.
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
Karma delt a heavy hand
All too real, like a pill I can't swallow
The note had allegedly come from Maea, which struck Remi as both in poor taste and exceedingly strange. It was for that reason he went to the celebration on the beach. With everything happening in his life as of late he wasn't particularly in the mood for a party; he thought Sunjata would understand his absence (if he even noticed at all).

But an invitation from Maea?

If that was some sort of joke—or nudge at what had happened out onto the waters—Remi would have preferred it be said to his face.

Arriving without a gift (the alchemist very much over empty or token gestures these days), it didn't take long before his eyes fell upon Loren. He hardly noticed Weaver at the healer's side, and instantly he felt his jaw clench and his cheeks grow hot. Images of blood pouring from Loren's throat, of Sam blabbering on about how happy he was with the summoner all, filled Remi's mind. Turning abruptly on his heel, hands balled into fists with claws that quickly began to pierce his palms, Remi stormed silently back into the darkness towards the lighthouse, trying not to choke on murderous intent; thoughts of Maea entirely swallowed now, just as she had been by the sea.

Remi arrives and promptly leaves.
Before I didn't understand
but now I know how it feels to be hollow
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Nate
You resemble a fool
Although you're only a man

This part was kind of a bummer, despite it's potential. Which really is disappointing, because Nate loves a good party, would love to see Sunjata get shit faced and let loose, instead of shit faced and fallen into his own head, but it seems like near everyone else is trying to keep that from happening. Except Melita, who Nate has decided, between this and the last time he met her, is pretty cool.

The cherry is when Amun stalks up, the tense cut of his shoulders clear, though the underlying reason not. This is another situation where Nate feels better keeping his mouth closed, not overstepping into Sunjata's business, as a present is pushed into the attuned's hands, it's bearer turning and leaving immediately. Nate bites his tongue a moment longer, then calls out, words on the heels of the birthday boys. "At least have a few drinks before you stalk off again. It's supposed to be a celebration, right Amun?"

So give it up and smile
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
LOREN
As Weaver placed her hand on Loren's arm he smiled faintly. "You're welcome." Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Remi and immediately tensed. However, the alchemist took one look at the healer and left. It didn't really ease his tension, but at least there wouldn't be a scene.

Gently, he placed his hands on Weaver's shoulder and turned her to face the small gathering. "Go have fun. I'll be fine." He gave her a gentle, but insistent push. Whether or not she actually left, he'd head off a short distance to go sit by the water's edge. Lifting up a nearby rock, he tried skipping it with far too much force, and it sank immediately.
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Change author:
amun
Amun didn't bother looking back as Sunjata called out after him. Instead, the potter just kept walking. "Away." However, he did briefly pause when Nate followed up on the birthday boy's call. Again, without looking, Amun spoke just loud enough for the two men to hear. "That's what they told me. Sorry I'm not in a particularly celebratory mood." He wasn't sorry, at all, though he did his best to modulate his tone so as not to create too much drama.

With that, he continued to make his escape. His eyes flicked to Wessex as he did. Sorry Princess. I can't stand here and watch people celebrate the man who toyed with Maea's emotions. Can't watch him party and have fun with someone else. It's too soon. Plus I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm here was because she wanted me to be. It's not like Sunjata and I are friends. His thoughts were tinged with a quiet agony and a bone deep grief, and unless stopped, he'd take his leave of the gathering.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:

i know this is war

Everything starts to go south far too quickly. See, things at a party are supposed to go south only once a reasonable portion of the guests have gotten drunk, particularly the birthday boy. Instead they go south from the get-go. Remi shows up and disappears after catching sight of Loren. Well, Loren certainly wasn’t lying about that, at any rate. And some dispute starts with the boys around Sunjata. Wessex is there, staying out of the way, at any rate, though that’s a shame because she’d probably be fun.

Weaver sighs slightly as Loren tells her to have fun. ”Oh, I don’t think I am going to have fun. I am going to go play at being a pretty face and great hostess.” Luckily, she was both of those things. Whether or not it would work was a different question.

As Loren heads off to hide, Weaver drains her drink and heads to collect a few more. She gives Wessex a smile and a vaguely knowing look. ”Boys,” she mutters with an eye roll, certainly loud enough for Wessex to ‘overhear’, all while pouring two glasses and grabbing both. She does not bother to stop the man making the small scene, whoever he is. She does not particularly care if he wants to leave.

Instead she makes her way over to Sunjata, drinks proffered to anyone in the group who might want it. ”Melita,” she says warmly, giving the girl a nod and a friendly smile. ”Are you going to introduce me?” she says to Sunjata, nodding at Nate and whatever might be between them. ”Actually, let’s be real, I don’t need to wait for you,” she says, tone teasing and playful. Attention on Nate, she adds, ”I’m Weaver.”
--weaver

but the rest of us are trying to pretend it’s a party

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The arrival of Wessex is granted with a raise of his glass, a smile given to his guildmate, before he’s asking after Amun with the gift in hand, confusion sparking along his face at the answer and the way Nate also comments, calling out toward him. There’s a brief moment of confusion as well as Remi appears and promptly disappears… But ah, Loren, right. He supposes it’s not a surprise – but as Amun stalks off to leave, he shrugs his shoulders and leans back – half tempted to open the gift now… But no, he’ll wait until later, when there’s far less prying eyes around.

Weaver’s approach is a welcome one, the smile returning despite the awkwardness as she speaks to Melita – somewhere within, wondering when these two have met, but stifling it down as she focuses on him and Nate to his other side, a hum of amusement leaving his throat at her follow-up comment. He pauses to let Nate introduce himself, imagining the Ascended would prefer to be the one to say it, before he settles and flashes Weaver a warm grin. “He's a guildmate of ours, by the way.” A flash of a wink given to her, squeezing Nate gently, before he sets the present down and picks up his glass again. “And if you didn't know, Melita is my niece.
SuNJATA