Mini Event we ain't ever getting older
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nate
You resemble a fool
Although you're only a man

If Amun wants to be pissy, for whatever reason, then fine. It's no skin off Nate's teeth to shrug, and ignore his departure, squeezing Sunjata's hip and grinning when the glass is picked up again. It's early enough that the whole evening doesn't need to be a shitshow, right? And it seems he's not the only one who thinks that, the woman whom he'd assumed had done most of the work for this coming over, with yet more drinks, one of which Nate graciously accepts, offering her a wide grin.

"You're running the bar in Halo, right? I've heard about you. I'm Nate." A part of him considers trying to fit in doctor there, but, it's too much work to brag, and Sunjata's moving along to their shared guild, Nate's brow now rising at Weaver. "I guess we'll be seeing more of each other then. You need anything, you ask me, I'm in good with the boss." He plays up his accent, though it's not at all a connotation anyone here will get, and tips his head back towards the birthday boy, a wide grin on his face.

So give it up and smile
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
MELITA
This was what she’d initially been uncertain of – the drama, the theatrics, the bizarre conflagrations surrounding Sunjata. Make no mistake, she knew her uncle wasn’t perfect, she’d already been on his case several times about various matters, that he might’ve been far more impulsive and impetuous than herself, but this was meant to be a cause for celebration. Did they need to drag apart everything? Did they need to exploit errors? Wasn’t there a better time, a better place (like the boxing ring?)

Her eyes wandered over the crowd, narrowing at Amun’s antics, wondering why he’d even bothered if this was just going to be a sulky prestige. “Don’t worry about it then,” she shrugged and extended to both Nate and Sunjata, which was too bad, because she always rather liked the Ascended. The melancholy clinging over the foundations was simply too much. “It’s not about him.” Then she saw Remi off in the distance, and Wessex, and the age-old days of before clung to her, a desperation for normalcy that wouldn’t come again. They’d all altered, changed, as quick as the coming tides, and her gaze merely fell back to Weaver as she offered a drink.

“Gods, yes. Thank you. I think I’m going to need it.” An impish smile to follow, hand extending to accept the glass, watching more interactions play out that weren’t as moody or soured. Taking more than a few sips, because she intended to guzzle her way down to some sort of inebriation before this spectacle was over, the devilish grin didn’t flee, carried on in its existence. “Anything we want to do? Any games?” It might’ve spoken of her youthfulness, to carry on in amusements and diversions, but she’d much rather commit to those actions than stand around and snark at one another.
help tonight to split its seams
Give the bruises out like gifts
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
Remi comes and goes. Amun is on his way out, but not before he fills her in. Ah. So that’s why he’s been Mr. Grumpy Gills lately. The Wraith can’t say that she shares his pain, raising an eyebrow at his words. That’s fair. You do you. Just remember that the Maea you know is not everyone else’s Maea. That is to say that while she does not fault him his grief, the Maea she knows played the victim often and perhaps wanted to see and hear things when they weren’t there. Not knowing the ins and outs of her relationsihp with Sunjata (or that there even was one), Wessex can’t pronounce any judgement. She wouldn’t put it past the man to toy with people. And she wouldn’t put it past the girl to cling to something imaginary.

Anyway.

As Amun departs she hears Weaver and quirks a smile. “All of ‘em. The Outlanders are particularly dramatic.” In case she hadn’t figured that out already. Staying put, she uses that acute sense of hearing to listen from afar, learning that Melita is his niece (did she know that already? Can’t remember), and at the mention of games, she inwardly blanches.

Perhaps this isn’t the gathering for her. And rather than lurk on the sidelines, Wessex thinks it’s best to go because there’s a shit ton of other things to do. Tipping her glass back to empty its contents, she raises it to Sunjata, gives him a nod when he sees it, and then teleports back to her regular business.

{W out!}
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:

i know this is war

The drinks are snapped up quickly, and proper introductions are made. ”Your niece? she says, half a question with eyebrows raised, looking between Sunjata and Melita. ”I would not have guessed. She's quite good with a sword though. Gave me a run for my money.” Weaver chuckles, giving Melita a wink. She shifts her attention to Nate and nods as he mentions the bar. ”Oh, I hope you’ve only heard bad things,” she says, voice playful and teasing, meaning quite the opposite. Then again, in her world, sometimes bad is good.

At some point during all of this, Melita suggests a game and Wessex winks out of existence. Which pretty much just leaves them, the only people willing to have a proper party it seems. ”A drinking game, I should think.” Weaver goes back to the table and pours two more drinks, one for herself, handing the other one to Nate so they all have a glass.

”Something easy to start, like never have I ever?” She did not really pack anything for more robust games, so unless someone else had a better idea, that was about as good as she could think of. ”I think the birthday boy should start.”
--weaver

but the rest of us are trying to pretend it’s a party

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
you know i'm gonna change, things just don't stay the same no more
His attention focuses on Amun’s departure and Wessex’s slight salute before disappearing as well – giving the Wraith a nod, before his attention lands back on Weaver as she hands Melita a drink. A raised brow is given to the girl as she accepts the glass and claims she’s going to need it, before he focuses on Weaver’s question and he chuckles to that. “Well, sort of niece. Her father was engaged to my sister. But…” He trails off with a slightly, almost secretive smirk. “Her father is a prick, so it’s probably best if I teach her all the Korofi she needs to know.” A wink granted to that before he settles once more and Melita brings up the idea of games.

And Weaver, bless her, begins by suggesting a game that’s going to be incredibly difficult for him.

Almost sheepishly, he leans into Nate’s touch a bit, glancing between all those that surround him before he rotates the glass in his hand a bit and considers it, lips pursing as if he has to think quite hard on it – which he really does, because gods what hasn’t the man done? When it finally hits him. The smirk widens and he glances between them all. “Never have I ever… Had a surprise party thrown for me.” He says with a grin, clearly pleased that he’s picked a good one to start off on.
you know i'm gonna break your fading heart
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nate
You resemble a fool

"I've heard enough to want to visit." Comes the response to Weaver, a wink offered out as he doesn't confirm anything one way or the other. Though as the explanation of how he's actually related to Mel comes up, Nate turns to Sunjata. It's surprisingly more legitimate than what he'd expected. There's an actual argument of family ties, not just some chosen bond. And it saves him asking himself, at some point.

Drinking games sound like a wonderful idea, and he offers a grin to Melita and Weaver both, glad they seemed just as eager as he was to make this a real party. Even the birthday boy seems to be struggling a little, Sunjata taking his time to come up with something, Nate's arm wrapping more securely around him while they wait. "Guess this isn't quite a party yet, huh?" Nate chuckles, lifting his glass to his lips to drink, and thinking about his own.

"Never have I ever... been hungover in Caido." It's partially a brag, though he is careful to add a technicality so he's still technically being honest.

So give it up and smile
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
When first Remi, then Amun, then Wessex left, Loren found himself sighing. There were so few people left that he felt more than a bit awkward sitting on his own off to one side. So, reluctantly, he rose to his feet. Not willing to go through this evening fully sober, he snagged a single drink.

He was just in time to catch Nate's words. The game was well known enough that the healer found himself raising his glass and sipping from it. When he was done he figured he could just jump in, though he was on the opposite end of the circle from Nate. "Never have I ever run a bar." He shot both Weaver and Sunjata an entirely unapologetic grin.
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HOTARU
Hotaru waltzes in shamelessly late, wearing a fun evening dress that she doesn't often have reason to break out. All the drama and fun having fun its course without her (not that she's aware) is a disappointment, but she sweeps in with a perfectly wrapped gift in her arms and a smile on her face. Inside is a small collection of gifts: three handmade whiskey glasses and an orca pendant strung on a necklace. It had taken quite some time to figure out how to make such a small, colorful piece, but she's happy with the results.

Those gathered are already seated together, indulging in drinks that the lovely Weaver seems to be pouring. Hotaru slides the gift next to Sunjata and gives him a squeeze on the shoulder before she claims an open seat, eyes bright as she tries to gauge the game's instructions to join in. "Mind another player?" Hotaru grins and crosses her legs, eager to here the next claim.
you are the sun
you heal and
you burn
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

i know this is war

The game gets underway, and Sunjata starts with one of the few she won’t have to drink to. That’s right, she’s never had a surprise party thrown for her either. ”I’m not sure that should count, Sunjata. Technically you have now…” Weaver chuckles at Nate’s comment, amused. This is a rather sad party so far.

Nate’s statement is met with a drink from Weaver, because she’s definitely been drunk in Caido. How unfair. Outlander advantage right there (and also Ascended, but she doesn’t know that yet). With that though, their sad little party gets less sad. Loren comes back, and she gives him a small smile of thanks until he talks. ”Now that’s just a low blow,” she says, taking another sip from her drink.

Then Hotaru comes sweeping in, looking rather stellar and bringing some of the party with her, clearly. Maybe Weaver ought to take a few lessons from Ru, given that Weaver is rarely out of pants and a basic top. She does own a few dresses, but they are so very impractical. ”Not at all, though you will need a drink,” she says, and she takes a moment to go and fetch one for Hotaru, handing it over to the woman as she comes back to the group. ”We are playing never have I ever.” Which she hopes is enough instruction, but she pauses for a moment and waits to see if Hotaru has any questions.

Though she supposes it is her turn, and damn if she didn’t pick a game that was going to screw her over. It’s just so easy to play though, so it was a good starting point. ”Never have I ever...been in a monogamous relationship.” Honestly, she’d barely count her past forays even as a relationship. They were always fun, but they never had a future, or even rules.
--weaver

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
you know i'm gonna change, things just don't stay the same no more
He rolls his eyes playfully at Weaver. “Before today.” He winks to her, waiting for the next statement. Nate chimes up next and Sunjata huffs a small amount before taking a drink. “A bit unfair don’t you think?” He teases, swallowing against the liquid burning down his throat, leaning into Nate a small amount more. Loren arrives and Sunjata flashes him a grin, listening to the summoners own statement, watching as him and Weaver take another drink.

Hotaru is a welcome addition, and he dips his head to her. “Glad you’re here Ru. And thank you.” He offers, taking the gifts to open when he’s a bit less occupied — to fully enjoy them, before Weaver’s own question reaches his ears and he laughs, shaking his head a small amount. “I find that not surprising at all, to be honest.” He tells her, tipping the glass toward her and glancing over to Nate once more. “I was supposed to be.” A bounce of his eyebrow to that, before he takes yet another drink.

You're going to have to drag me home.” He rumbles to Nate a bit quieter, shaking his head and clicking his tongue as he thinks up the next question. He surveys the group thoughtfully, knowing he needs to try and at least target a few of them. “Gods, what haven’t I done or had.” He rumbles, of course without making the party sad. So a thought hits him and he tilts his head back with a slight air of cockiness. “Never have I ever had a brother.” He knows he’ll get a few of them to drink with this one at the very least.
you know i'm gonna break your fading heart
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Nate
You resemble a fool

It's more than a little unfair to use his ascended advantage to win a party game, but it's going to happen anyway. He might as well enjoy it along the way. Nate smirks brightly at the people who take a drink after his question, leaning in to press an especially fond kiss to Sunjata's cheek when he complains. He raises his glass when Loren comes to join the circle, more than willing to play nice for a party, though he doesn't drink for the healers question, instead pointing another smug look towards the birthday boy.

"The more the merrier, right?" Nate beams at Hotaru, glad she's come, and settles back as Weaver fills a glass for the newcomer, as she asks gives her statement. There's a moment of hesitation before Nate lifts his glass to his lips, though the mouthful is nearly spat out at the almost accusation aimed towards him. "You're calling that a relationship?" It's a good thing he can't choke, because he most certainly would have in his haste to speak.

The quiet rumble has Nate's arm squeezing more securely around Sunjata's middle, has him leaning his head in to brush his nose, his lips just barely over the other mans cheek. "Wouldn't be a real party unless I did." He says smoothly, throwing his head back in mock shock at the blatantly targeted words. "And I was being unfair?" He sipped his drink slowly and looked around the circle, considering his words carefully. "Never have I ever... had magic."

So give it up and smile
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Still grinning unapologetically, he shrugged at Weaver's complaint. "No one ever accused me of fighting fair." He didn't sound sorry about that in the slightest.

As Hotaru showed up, Loren found himself relaxing further. At least now the people who liked him outnumbered the people who didn't. He grinned at the woman with the two-toned eyes, expression quite pleased to see her there.

However, he turned his attention back to the game. Letting out a huff of laughter at the huntress' retaliation, he just took a sip from his glass. At Sunjata's quip towards Nate, the healer let out a huff of laughter. "I'm with Nate on this one." He flashed the doctor a quick grin.

When the Arbiter played the brother card, however, the Launceleyn smirked, and his eyes narrowed, clearly seeing this as a challenge. Drinking, he had to drink again when the Ascended mentioned having magic.

Well if they were going to be targeting people, Loren would be more than happy to oblige. Grinning, he raised his eyebrows. "Never have I ever been an Accepted." Seemed only fair, since they'd gone after the magic users in the group.
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:

i know this is war

Life is unfair, and so is this game. Weaver chuckles at Sunjata, though the game’s level of fairness begins to dissolve rather quickly. Not that she helped, with her own particular statement, and she grins at Sunjata’s quip. ”Did I suggest you should be?” she says, voice slightly a purr, amusement and harmless flirting there and nothing more.

She takes a drink to Sunjata’s statement with a slight glare. Another drink to Nate’s statement. At least Loren picks one that she doesn’t have to drink to. She’s had her fire all her life, so far as she is aware. Abandoned, through and through, though only in the literal Caido sense of it. Clearly they were playing with dirty blows now though, which she doesn’t mind at all. It’ll get everyone drunk quickly and remove whatever lingering tension there might be.

Weaver does know how to throw a party, after all.

”Never have I ever been an Outlander,” she says, with mock innocence in her tone and mischief in her eyes. Hey, if everyone else was going to play dirty...Her eyes turn to Melita and Hotaru, waiting to see if they’d like in on the action as well.

--weaver

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HOTARU
Hotaru gives a brilliant smile and a small toast of her glass as Weaver expertly deposits it in front of her. "Thank you darling." Giving Loren a warm smile at his welcoming grin, her bi-toned eyes flicker around the assorted members of the group, happy to be included and somewhat glad that Sunjata leaves her gift for a more private time if only so she can join in on the game quickly. She considers taking a sip, but as the rules of the game are made abundantly clear and the statements start flying, she gives a startled laugh and already is submitted to having to drink; monogamous relationship, having magic, and being an Outlander. At least she's only had a sister and wasn't an Accepted, she laughs internally as she takes three swallows to get up to speed.

"Well if we're turning this into a targeting game..." grinning wickedly she crosses her legs and sends Weaver a wink. "Never have I ever been the owner of a dick." Why not up the stakes? They're all adults here, and she can get three in one go with that one. She'd had to watch her tongue carefully lest she say 'proud owner of' which could be contested, or simply 'had' because she has certainly had one, on a temporary basis. The thought makes her giggle slightly to herself, childishly amused.
you are the sun
you heal and
you burn
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.