Mini Event the body electric
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Laser beams we're about to awesome all your dreams
Wessex follows Neron, Letha, and Osozo down into the Safehouse, replacing the cube as she shuts the trapdoor behind her. They’ll find a room with multiple beds, a makeshift (unofficial) shrine and a mural of their Lady on the wall. The area itself is lit if someone is there before them, but otherwise it should be easy to find the matches and light the lamps - if only to be a civilized gathering.

If there are any others there before them, Wessex offers them a warm hello (and hugs for Clem and Rex), thanking them for coming, answering small talk questions briefly before waiting for everyone to get acquainted - perhaps get over the shock of seeing Neron there, and the new demigod - before she can begin. There’s no rush on her end, but there are an endless circle of thoughts behind her eyes as she goes over what she wants to say, how she wants to present the options.
WESSEX
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:

Nate
Nate had arrived early to the ascended hideout, figuring for once, he’d be on time. Maybe it meant he’d be out of there sooner, out of the Hollowed Grounds and back home. It didn’t. If anything, it seemed to take longer, every new arrival drawing Nate’s eyes, though he never moved from the corner he was standing in, arms crossed. There were many new ascendeds he hasn’t met, hadn’t seen, and a few who he wanted to avoid, so he kept to his own space, and didn’t speak too much.

Finally, Wessex arrived, yet more new ones in tow, three Nate glanced at, after returning the matriarchs greetings, but no one he spared a second glance to. He was sick of waiting, and wanted to be done with this.

Do you read fuck-up in my walk?
Do you see fuck-up on my face?
Do I mean anything at all?
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun had arrived, of course, never one to miss a meeting with his Ascended family. In fact, he was one of the first in attendance. He'd picked his spot, one of the far corners, and settled in to wait.

Standing there he watched the newcomers file in, nodding at Osozo and Letha, and looking at Neron carefully. Wessex got a nod as well. However, the potter made no move to leave his corner. Whatever this meeting was about, he'd listen from his spot.

Indeed, he wasn't feelings particularly friendly, as most of the Ascended had experienced already. Indeed, he had an uncharacteristically serious expression on his face.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
Clemente
Well ain't this a group of daisies?

Clem bounces in on the heels of his euphoria from meeting The Voice, practically exuding love and excitement from every inch of his body. There aren't very many gathered yet, but the three present are so precious to him that Clem is far from bothered by the lacking numbers. Wessex is his first stop, preening beneath her hug like a particularly pleased peacock. Very little can possibly ruin his day, and so he sets his eyes on the moping duo around the fringes, and internally shrugs because since when has Clem ever cared about personal boundaries?

Nate is given a tight squeeze and a beaming grin, and then he's bouncing off on long legs towards Amun to bump shoulders playfully and send the man a foxlike grin. "Everyone's lookin' like they just got a mouthful of butt, and not in the fun way before ya be gross and say it." But he knows better than to linger too long, to subject either man to his caustic, chafing continued presence. Hopefully what he has done is enough. The boy then maneuvers back to Wessex, eager and full of life as he gazes at her readily, awaiting what they're gathered for.
I've got designer shades just to hide my face
And I wear 'em around cuz I'm cooler than you
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
SAMUEL
stretch out my life & pick the seams out
Given that Sam had created this safehouse he was there early, though not before Nate and Amun. As he slipped in he did his best to avoid meeting the eyes of the disgusting, vile man he'd once called a partner and went to sit on a chair by the edge of the room, staring at his hands as he turned them invisible and visible again over and over, deep in thought over something or another.

When Wessex arrived he looked up and gave her a weak smile but said nothing, waiting to see what it was she had gathered them all for. He was sure it would be something serious, and big, and scary, and with everything else he had to deal with at the moment he frankly wasn't looking forward to hearing it.
take what you like, but close my ears and eyes,
watch me stumble over and over.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
Heroes always get remembered
But you know legends never die
"Well said, Clem." Bastien agreed as he came down the ladder, stopping at the bottom to give Rexanna help down if she needed it - both of them were weakened and tired at the moment and he knew how overwhelming each task could feel, even something so simple as climbing down the few feet into the Safehouse. "We should all be cheerful. After all, we are together here as a family - and even Wessex seems to be in good spirits." He gave their de facto Leader a teasing smile as he went to sit on one of the small beds in the room, assuming Rexanna would come to sit next to him.

He was not worried, not right away. No reason to be. When the subject wasn't their future baby, he was good at not letting hypotheticals get in the way: who knew, maybe Wessex was about to tell them some wonderful news. Easily he leaned back on his hands and waited to see what the news would be.
mortal kings are ruling castles
Welcome to my world of fun
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
& they said you were the crooked kind
that you'd never have no worth
Bastien’s help down the ladder is welcomed immensely, the glow about the couple hardly there as they do — exhaustion and weakness showing through despite how much Rexanna tries to deny it. She moves immediately to Clemente, ruffling his hair and giving him a squeeze of a hug, a peck of a kiss to his cheek. “It’s good to see you, sweetheart.” She murmurs, slipping toward Wessex to greet with a bright fanged smile and a hug for her sister, before she slips away.

She offers a smile and a nod to Samuel and Amun, a sharp piercing stare to Nate in the corner, before settling along the new faces that have arrived — a bright grin to Neron as she spots him. She leans back into Bastien, sitting at his side, hand seeking out his own to give a light squeeze as they wait to hear what happened.
but you were always gold to me
the
PeNuMBRA

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head
Osozo all but drops into the safehouse, forgoing the ladder entirely to feel the rush of jumping, of landing maybe a little harder than they meant. There were a handful of others, each of them receiving a bright eyed stare, a small amount of consideration, save for Sam, who received a cheery wave, and Amun, who got a stoic, stiff lipped nod. They drifted through the room, settling near the front, and stood, surprisingly quietly, hands folded in front of them and bright eyes taking in everything.

Questions, comments, whatever came to mind, could all come later, after the purpose of the meeting had been revealed, and discussed.
Press your space face close to mine, love
Freak out in a moonage daydream, oh-
OSOZO
Base Code by Sky!
Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 11 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
your tongue is twisted, your teeth are nails
She followed the matriarch, the man, and the demi-god quietly and carefully. What would transpire she did not yet know, but having learned of monsters that were bastardizations of what they were terrorizing this world was enough to keep her interest. Climbing down the stairs, Letha settled at the bottom and took in the sights of the Safehouse. She was not able to take in everything before her eyes fell on Amun, and she moved towards him without thinking twice. She pulled the black cloak he had given her tighter around her frame and sat near him, still quiet.

She looked over to Samuel and offered him a small wave, and the faintest of smiles. Ocean eyes then danced around to each newcomer. She counted them, unaware she mouthed the number of each one as she did so. Amun had spoke of less than a dozen of them, of this family, and it seemed fitting. The warm welcome between some, and the icy cold lack of a welcome between others was not lost on the new Ascended woman. She looked up at Amun briefly with a puzzled look, but focused her attention once again on Wessex to await further announcements.

they drove your voice in your throat
Letha
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
WISE MEN WONDER WHILE STRONG MEN DIE
Stepping into the Safehouse was honestly a bit underwhelming, if for no other reason than because Neron had come from Halo's Citadel, all icy walkways and spiralling towers.

Really, though, he wasn't there to admire the little bunker - it was all those who waited within who were important. Of them all, only Rexanna received a nod and a quick smile of greeting, the Warden having recently met with her, and he moved to stand against one of the walls near the makeshift shrine.

He knew from the conversation en route what this was likely going to be all about, though not any details, and so he waited quietly by for Wessex to explain further.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Now that they’ve settled themselves, Wessex steps up and takes a central position, trying to make sure she can see the majority of people at all times. “Thank you for coming - I wouldn’t have called if it wasn’t important. A couple of days ago I went to see the Voice about LongNight and in the end She gave me -us - an option on how to deal with it this year. We can either try to get rid of the Monsters entirely, or we can choose to let them live and She will give us a quest for an upgrade that will make us permanently invisible to the Monsters.” Here, she pauses and takes a moment to try and find everyone’s gaze ever so briefly.

“Whatever we choose, it must be done together. Many of you have lived through at least one LongNight and know how dangerous it is. I’m particularly biased, so I’ll be abstaining from the vote. Let me say this about each side and then open the floor for discussion. Getting rid of the Monsters won’t be easy. It’ll probably be the most difficult and dangerous thing to date, but I imagine that even if it’s just us out there we won’t be alone. I’m sure many Grounders and former Grounders would be happy to give us items to help - whether it’s magic-holding crystals, unicorn horns for healing, or lights for protection. We can train and complete SEs for stats, cash in MP and learn how to work together. But the fact remains that some of us are young and new, lovers rather than fighters, and they’re at risk. We all are. I would be surprised if we all made it back.”

Tilting her head to one side, the Wraith continues in her usual blunt manner. “On the other hand, there are many of us who’ve felt the fear of that week and even the claws of the Monsters. Their very existence is a massive point of contention amongst the followers of the Old Gods and we could both show how fucking bright we are and that they’re little more than bigots. I’d personally love to lord this over some people’s heads, but I’m petty in that way.” She chuckles at some attempted levity and then grows somber. “That being said, as death is a very real possibility, I don’t blame anyone for wanting to protect themselves and this growing family. If given the opportunity or the choice, I think there are many out there who would sacrifice us for their own ensured survival.”

“If we choose not to try and get rid of the Monsters, this conversation never happened. Period." Seeking out Samuel and Rexanna in particular, the Wraith outlines the conditions. "No non-Ascended friends or family, no lovers, no council members. I don’t think I need to impress on anyone the potential retaliation and outrage that might happen if someone finds out that we chose ourselves over the people. It would be ten times worse than the Blight's reaction, and I'm not exaggerating when I say we'd never recover in the Grounds." Growing a bit softer, the blonde woman shakes her head almost sadly. "I don’t want to see any of you hurt, in danger, or dead. And I promise there's no ill will for choosing to keep the Monsters around. If I could take them on with just a few volunteers, I would. But unfortunately that’s now how this will work.”

Straightening herself and if possible, adopting an even more business-like manner. “If we decide to take on the Monsters it’ll have to be unanimous. You can abstain from voting and automatically join the majority like myself. Otherwise we’ll have everything out in the open. I’ll answer whatever questions you have - and do try to keep the discussion cordial. Now isn’t the time for fighting.”

With that said, Wessex leans against the nearest table and gestures for the others to weigh in, if they want to.

-------------------

Have at it! If you need a question answered by W, please note it at the bottom so she can respond before the conversation continues. Thank you!
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Simply rolling his eyes at Clem's antics, Amun gave Bastien a level look. The head of the Artist's Sanctuary already knew exactly why the potter was grumpy, so he ignored Bastien's comment. Giving the last arrivals a scrutinizing look, Amun finally focused on Wessex when she began to explain why they were here.

Raising his eyebrows, expression inscrutable, he finally cleared his throat at the end of it. "I'm the last person you probably expected to hear this from, but I vote we fight." His hands clenched into fists before he forced them to relax. "Personal feelings aside, even if everyone in this room managed to keep their mouths shut, I can't imagine this staying a secret for long. This sort of news has a way of getting out in Caido, either through loose lips or the machinations of higher powers." As far as he knew, at least, the Safehouse wasn't warded against meddling old gods or wayward spirits.

Glancing around the room, he met everyone's eyes as best he could. "However, even if we decide to go the other route, might I suggest there always be an Ascended on hand during LongNight to open the doors? If we're invisible to the monsters it would make us safe if we make a mistake."
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:
SAMUEL
stretch out my life & pick the seams out
Normally Sam would have been happy to see the family together but in his current mood he couldn't really summon a smile about it; besides, he worried what Wessex had gathered them for: when she finally went to the centre of the room to begin to speak he was relieved, hoping it might lessen the mounting tension within his chest.

As it turned out, it only increased it. What Wessex proposed was something very difficult indeed and Sam felt himself grow almost sick at the thought of it. He knew that the monsters at Longnight were responsible for a lot of bloodshed, that they were evil beasts indeed - hell, his own damaged fingers could attest to that - yet...he knew that they were 'failed' experiments of the Voice. Once they could have been like him. He could be one, one day, if something went wrong in his coding..

"I cannot in good conscience vote to cull creatures that come from the same place as us. Would it not be better to try and find a way to talk to them..? Or..or...just...anything but murdering them all. I can't help with this." He shook his head.

--

Sam votes to let the monsters live.
take what you like, but close my ears and eyes,
watch me stumble over and over.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Though it wasn’t a question, Wessex felt the necessity to answer anyway, to put any thoughts of ‘reasoning’ with them aside. Mildly, as if she were talking to a child, the demigod chimes back in. “Your vote is noted, but even our Lady has said they’re mindless. Unable to be reasoned with. They are Her children too, it’s true - and no fault of their own that they’re like this. But don’t pretend that they’re anything more than they are. Surely your expedition last year showed you this.”
WESSEX