Trick or Treat! - Oliver's Home

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Trick or Treat

Dusk settled over the Hollowed Grounds like any other Leafchange night. But on this night, its residents were astir. The story had been spun, the people had prepared, and now it was time for little Ludos to go about to catch people and spirits unaware. Would the people be wise and give their divine visitors a treat? Or would they be stingy and have evenings filled with tricks and deceit?

Playful trickster Ludos, visit door to door – will Oliver give it a sweet treat or risk a trick once more?

This is the starter for Ludo’s visit to Oliver! Please wait for your Ludo to arrive before posting.

Ludo, remember, this is supposed to be FUN so no terribly mean or long lasting tricks. Please use the Trick-or-Treat Table in the NPC account to do your posts!

Please try to have this thread wrapped by Saturday, April 18!

Smell my feet, Gimme something good to eat
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LUDO?
This is the sort of outfit this particular Ludo can get behind, except maybe the mask. Still, this Ludo is all decked out in the rags and the mask, covered head to toe with only the barest hint of shoes showing with each step. Not much to do about that, but even the shoes would be covered when Ludo stopped walking before its destination.

The whole thing feels a bit silly, but there is something admittedly fun about it, about living traditions that once existed here all the time. What must it have been like, when this happened every Leafchange? Tonight there are only a handful of Ludos on the street, but still the atmosphere feels different, charged somehow.

Ludo reaches out a decidedly human hand to knock on the door, quickly tucking the hand back into the rags. ”Trick or treat, sweetling?” the voice calls, an attempt at pretending to sound like what the herald might, though perhaps not doing the greatest of jobs. Still, at least it was an attempt.
It's a me...maybe
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
There is a knock at the door and at first, Oliver thinks nothing of it. This isn't out of the ordinary, though, he is a tad bit excited to see who may be visiting. Maybe someone was sent here for help? Could it be a friend? He assumed it wasn't going to be anything too major or surprising, so when he heard the voice, his eyebrow quirked. That's right!

A new eagerness filled the blonde as he made his way towards the door, grabbing the item that was now wrapped up in a small cloth. There were so many thoughts running through his head, but mostly he was stuck on the Sweetling comment. Who would call him a Sweetling?

Opening up the door, a smile appeared on the man's face as he noticed the costumed individual. His particular object was hidden behind his back, hoping to obscure it away from the Ludo, even though it was wrapped. Leaning against the door frame, he gave the Ludo a good look over. This was... surprisingly fun! Why hadn't they done this sort of thing more often?

"Certainly hope this'll be suitable." And with that he reached out and held the wrapped object. If the Ludo were to accept it and unwrap it, the Ludo would find a hand-made bear, one with a light brown fur and buttons for eyes. It was about seven inches tall and was clearly not made by a professional, but also sturdy enough to last.

Oliver made his treat in the thread prick your finger on a needle
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark

Change author:
LUDO?
Oliver opens the door after a moment, and Ludo would smile except that it is wearing a mask and so what’s the point. Instead it simply waits for Oliver’s answer to the question, which comes soon enough in the form of a wrapped present. Is this what it feels like to be the real Ludo, constantly getting fun stuff? Not a terrible life, it thinks.

Ludo reaches out a still decidedly human hand to take the present. There is no waiting to unwrap, because curiosity gets the better of it, and soon enough the paper is gone, tucked beneath the rags. Now it holds a stuffed bear, a rather cute if not slightly crudely made toy. Ludo holds the toy up, making it dance in the air, moving it’s little legs around as if to some unheard beat. ”A good treat. May the spirits leave you in peace.”

Then, tucking the bear beneath it’s arm, Ludo just stands there a bit awkwardly for a moment. ”Unless there is anything else, I shall go. Back to the realm of Mort.” Which sounds absolutely nothing like what it suspects the real Ludo might say, but it’s not as if this particular Ludo has had enough experience to know.
It's a me...maybe
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
Although Oliver cannot see Ludo's face, he can tell that the bear at least brings some sort of emotion to the Ludo, judging by the little dance that the bear proceeds to perform. It's enough to make Oliver smile and feel as though he had accomplished what he set out to do. Hopefully, the bear would have found a nice home, one to keep nice care of it and hopefully provide nice comfort in times of hardships.

It isn't a surprise that the Ludo is ready to leave, though the off comment does earn a suppressed laugh from Oliver, masked away by a grin and a hand over his mouth. Removing the hand, he straightened himself up. "Right, well, safe travels to you, Ludo. I hope this bear has provided happiness and that you will be able to take good care of him." Him obviously being the bear. Maybe someday Oliver would be able to find out if the bear was taken care of and that it did find a nice home. Someday.

Fin for oliver c:
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark

Change author:
LUDO?
The bear would certainly be taken care of. It is strangely pleased to have received such a thing, and though the thought to give it to real Ludo has passed through its mind, it may be more selfish. This Ludo may keep its present, safe and happy sitting on its bed. Sometimes growing up is overrated.

”It has found a good home indeed,” says this particular Ludo, tucking the bear into one arm in a half hug, beneath the rags. There is something childish about the gesture, vaguely similar to what the real Ludo might do. Only it would have felt far more magical with the real Ludo, a feat this particular one cannot achieve. With that, Ludo turns and disappears into the darkening street.

(finished)
It's a me...maybe