Trick or Treat! - Josh's Home

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Trick or Treat

Dusk settled over the Hollowed Grounds like any other Leafchange night. But on this night, its residents were astir. The story had been spun, the people had prepared, and now it was time for little Ludos to go about to catch people and spirits unaware. Would the people be wise and give their divine visitors a treat? Or would they be stingy and have evenings filled with tricks and deceit?

Playful trickster Ludos, visit door to door – will Joshua give it a sweet treat or risk a trick once more?

This is the starter for Ludo’s visit to Joshua! Please wait for your Ludo to arrive before posting.

Ludo, remember, this is supposed to be FUN so no terribly mean or long lasting tricks. Please use the Trick-or-Treat Table in the NPC account to do your posts!

Please try to have this thread wrapped by Saturday, April 18!

Smell my feet, Gimme something good to eat
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LUDO?
So this person lived at the top of the Spire.

Which was incredibly daft, dumb, and ridiculous to the little masked Ludo, it’s head pinpointed upwards, staring blankly at the impossible ascension. Were this particular trick-or-treater an Attuned, it might’ve worked in their favor (a whole host of tricks in the back of their mind; some involving dropping in completely unannounced). But it wasn’t – and a petulant sigh rampaged through the pretense and disguise.

Long way then.

A steady march up long, long flights of stairs, an irritation building behind the unknown individual’s brow, brewing more and more the higher it climbed. Maybe they’d be the one to bestow the treachery, and heave this moron off the Spire. At least it’d be entertaining.

It finally made it to the top, taking a moment to recover lost breath, before declaring their arrival loudly on top of the stupid tower. “Trick-or-treat!”
It's a me...maybe
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lancy Offline
Change author:
Please, just go.
Really, you don't need to be honest with me,
While Josh had been out in his own Ludo costume already and knew it was customary for it to happen on this night, he wasn't sure if he actually expected someone to come all the way up the Spire just to fulfill the tradition. Once he'd gotten back home he sat on his bedroll and with candles lit throughout the area watched the staircase, waiting to see if a 'Ludo' would appear.

And indeed one did! Smiling, pleased to experience this from the other side, Josh stood and walked over to the clearly exhausted 'God'. "Well done. I have a treat for you from the market. It is some pastry...I don't know what's in it. Does it matter?" This said he thrust forward a plate with a grease paper covering, some sugary treat inside.
you don't need to see me now, just go.
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!

Change author:
LUDO?
It cocked its head from side to side, studying, perplexed by this man who lived on top of the Spire. A myriad of questions spiraled along the Ludo’s mind, but since it was otherwise exhausted, fatigued, and tired from its lengthy walk up stair after stair after stair, it didn’t have the heart to posture any other inquiries.

Already grumpy and mildly irritated, it was prepared to pepper the stranger with an assortment of tricks. Instead though, it was offered a pastry. Curiously tilting its head again, it reached for the baked good, sniffing it through the mask holes as if on inspection. When it was deemed an actual thing fit for consumption, it decided to offer its own gift.

Not really knowing how to go about this whole thing, but oh well.

Reaching into its pockets, the makeshift herald offered a few colored stones.
It's a me...maybe
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Please, just go.
The 'Ludo' sniffed the pastry and Josh stood back and waited for the evaluation, wondering who resided behind the mask. He wasn't so curious as to aim to rip it off (After all, he understood the point of the event was that the Ludo stayed anonymous), but he did lean in a little, trying to hear if he recognised anything he could see or hear: he couldn't.

Taking the stones, he looked them over and nodded. "Is there anything else?"
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!

Change author:
LUDO?
The Ludo reared its head back, snorting behind the mask, as if bothered, irritated, or annoyed that this Josh individual had even attempted to render its identity. Thereafter though, the man took the stones, glancing them over. The Ludo lingered on the balls of its feet, swaying back and forth, pondering the length of approval, if the rocks had meant some sort of standard: a favored bestowal of this makeshift herald.

But if there was anything else? The Ludo stilled, suddenly uncertain, then shaking its head back and forth, pondering the pastry in its hand. “No.” Which meant it would be free to turn around, and come back the way it’d come (down those damned stairs).
It's a me...maybe
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
Please, just go.
"Right. Bye then." Josh waved a hand without looking up, studying the stones still and already thinking about the work he had left to answer the 'door'. Without a thought to the Ludo's stair journey to come, he went to sit on his sleeping bag, glad to have taken part in the traditions but finding the whole thing somewhat dull.
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!