Trick or Treat! - Lily's Home

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Trick or Treat

Dusk settled over the Hollowed Grounds like any other Leafchange night. But on this night, its residents were astir. The story had been spun, the people had prepared, and now it was time for little Ludos to go about to catch people and spirits unaware. Would the people be wise and give their divine visitors a treat? Or would they be stingy and have evenings filled with tricks and deceit?

Playful trickster Ludos, visit door to door – will Lily give it a sweet treat or risk a trick once more?

This is the starter for Ludo’s visit to Lily! Please wait for your Ludo to arrive before posting.

Ludo, remember, this is supposed to be FUN so no terribly mean or long lasting tricks. Please use the Trick-or-Treat Table in the NPC account to do your posts!

Please try to have this thread wrapped by Saturday, April 18!

Smell my feet, Gimme something good to eat
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LUDO?
This Ludo would stand with it's arms at it's sides. A very flat rendition of the God in question and one without much enthusiasm, as it rose a hand to knock (that was clearly rather human). "Hello. I was told this is the custom. Trick or treat?" Was spoken through the door loud enough for someone on the other side to hear, but was hardly yelled.

Until the door was opened, 'Ludo' would stand very still there, staring directly ahead at the door and waiting.
It's a me...maybe
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lily
Lily can’t remember exactly when the Ludo is supposed to come and as a result has herself midway through making some food when there’s a knock on the door. “Coming!” she yells, putting down the knife and wiping her hands on a towel. Heading to the blue door with the yellow star on it, she pulls it open, wondering which friend it might be - except - except it’s not a friend. The redhead claps her hands in delight despite the flat rendition.

“Hello Ludo. Treat, please!”

That's the custom, right? She gets to choose? Unfortunately for Lily, she wasn’t really paying attention to that part of the story.
women are like tricks by sleight of hand
which, to admire, we should not understand

Change author:
LUDO?
Lily's delight was met with more flat indifference. In fact, there was little reaction at all until she asked her question, when the Ludo moved back with a definite confusion, tilting it's head. "No. You are meant to give me a treat. Or I will give you a trick. I have a trick prepared and you will not like it, so I think you should give me a treat." Ludo advised, holding out a hand (that was clearly human and alive) towards her.
It's a me...maybe
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lily
“Oh… shit.” With a weak smile as if to say ‘silly me!’ Lily drops her face into her palm. “Guess I wasn’t paying attention during that part of the story. One second, Ludo.” Leaving the door open and darting back into the house, Lily grabs something small and brings it back to the door. Opening her hand to reveal a lovely, natural black opal - uncut, but nonetheless vibrant in all it’s colors - she places it in its outstretched hand. “From the Whispershore,” the redhead offers with a tiny smile, hoping it’s satisfied.
women are like tricks by sleight of hand
which, to admire, we should not understand

Change author:
LUDO?
'Ludo' waited silently while Lily ran off into her house, looking around to see if anyone else was watching a little awkwardly. This was hardly the spooky appearance they were meant to be making.

It was clear Lily was just grabbing whatever came to hand within her home, but Ludo took the opal anyway, turning it to see the reflection of the light. "It will do. Thanks." Gift received, the Ludo turned to leave, and would march away solemnly if Lily did not stop it.
It's a me...maybe