Trick or Treat! - Loren's Home

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Trick or Treat

Dusk settled over the Hollowed Grounds like any other Leafchange night. But on this night, its residents were astir. The story had been spun, the people had prepared, and now it was time for little Ludos to go about to catch people and spirits unaware. Would the people be wise and give their divine visitors a treat? Or would they be stingy and have evenings filled with tricks and deceit?

Playful trickster Ludos, visit door to door – will Loren give it a sweet treat or risk a trick once more?

This is the starter for Ludo’s visit to Loren! Please wait for your Ludo to arrive before posting.

Ludo, remember, this is supposed to be FUN so no terribly mean or long lasting tricks. Please use the Trick-or-Treat Table in the NPC account to do your posts!

Please try to have this thread wrapped by Saturday, April 18!

Smell my feet, Gimme something good to eat
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LUDO?
This Ludo is more than loathe to go to Halo. It hates the cold with a passion, and as a result appears like more of a black marshmallow than something dressed in rags. A guard had taken pity on this Ludo and offered it extra furs when they saw it shivering in the cold.

This Ludo moves in an ungainly way through the Citadel, ignoring the weird looks and hauling itself to the door to the Palace and knocking, asking for Loren. The guard, a bit unsure at first bids the Ludo come in. Which really just defeats the purpose of a trick or treat if it has to get past all the security first.

Such a process. Loren should at least have stayed in the Grounds for this.
It's a me...maybe
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

As the news spread that Ludo was here to see Loren, he tensed up immediately, fearing the worst. Then, of course, he relaxed when he remembered the tradition. Grabbing a small package, he dashed through the halls until he found the room where the Ludo had been brought.

Throwing the door open, he immediately began apologizing. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize the guards wouldn't know about the tradition." Letting the door close much more reasonably behind him, he held out the bundle a bit urgently. "Here's a treat for all the trouble of trekking out here." If the Ludo took it and unwrapped it, it would discover that they were early grey and buttermilk scones, kept warm and fresh, hopefully delicious.

LOREN
Brought back by satisfaction more times than the cat

Change author:
LUDO?
This Ludo rises and holds out its hand for the package. Fumbling with the wrapping due to gloves, it eventually reveals fresh baked scones and bobs its head in appreciation. They look and smell lovely. And in return, it reaches into the depths of its outer layer and pulls out closed fist. With the other hand it beckons Loren closer… and closer… and closer… until it’s no more than a foot away from the Ludo. Close enough, perhaps, to find the Ludo strangely attractive, bulky wrappings and all. Its eyes blink beguilingly from behind the mask as it reveals a single fire opal in its hand.

Trick and treat!
It's a me...maybe
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

Obviously playing along with whoever was impersonating Ludo, Loren leaned in towards the rag cloaked figure. As he did, he found himself shifting his weight from side to side. There was something strangely alluring about the fake Ludo, and his breath hitched in his throat. Reaching up with one hand, he ran it along his collar.

Licking his lips a bit, he reached out to take the opal from its fingers. "Why thank you." Then he grinned a bit and held it out back to the not god. "But I think it would look far more attractive on me than it would you." His eyes swept up and down its figure. "Not that you need help in that department."

He gestured at the chairs and the roaring fire. "Would you care to join me for a bit? Perhaps you can enjoy the scones. Or whatever else you might like."

LOREN
Brought back by satisfaction more times than the cat

Change author:
LUDO?
This Ludo isn’t entirely sure the trick has worked, though Loren does seem amicable enough and even invites the little raggedy black blob to stay a bit. The person inside the costume might be inclined to stay, but the Ludo persona is not, so it takes the opal and shrugs, depositing the stone back into the hidden pocket it came from. Then it shakes its head in a gentle rejection, bowing low before taking the scones up again. Bobbing along the carpeted hallways, this puffy Ludo disappears back into the night, leaving more than one confused and astonished Guard in its wake.

{Fin!}
It's a me...maybe