Personal Quest semper ad meliora
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Loathe he would be to admit it out loud, but Deimos’ experiences with wedding planning and nuptials had steadily increased since he’d been dropped within Caido. What started as making ring boxes for Remi and Ronin’s had seemingly increased to other skills and occurrences. If anyone had asked him years before, when he was the Reaper or merely a foot-soldier trying to ensure the rest of his comrades were still alive, he would’ve thought them insane.

And yet, there he was, amidst the bakery’s grounds with Amalia, preparing for their own ceremony.

Quiet as ever, a bizarre combination of apprehension (he couldn’t quite perceive why, it just sat in his chest and brimmed there) and confidence (because they were both fine, they were safe, and no matter what occurred they’d still have one another), he meandered back and forth between the bakery and the garden. They’d set up a variety of tables amidst the light autumn winds, including materials for lanterns, and future reception décor. Inside contorted a range of things for food, baking cakes, and intended treats for after-parties.

So he squeezed her hand as they waited for their friends and family, the corners of his mouth tucked into a smile, a certainty in the occasion flickering and bounding through his soul.

--

Just a thread to prep for Amalia and Deimos’ upcoming wedding/reception!

1. Amalia
2. Samuel
3. Kiada
4. Jigano
5. Evie
6. Hotaru
i rule the stars, not the other way around
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
Never comfortable in crowds or spotlights, Amalia flutters through the bakery with all the anxious energy of a particularly distractable moth. There are flowers to gather, snacks to set out, tea to make, bread to cut. Colors to decide on, materials to fetch, heirlooms to dust, invitations to make.

There are more pieces to go into this wedding than anything else Amalia has ever done, and as the moment when their friends will arrive draws near it becomes more and more evident that the Shield cannot finish any of them herself.

Luckily she has Deimos to direct the proceedings. If not for him nothing would have been so much as begun. She clings to his hand now, stands against him and glows with pride and embarrassment and anticipation as befits a soon-to-be bride, wishing more than anything she could vanish into the kitchen until the preparations are done.

took the stars from our eyes and then i made a map
i knew that somehow we would find our way back

Coding base by Sky!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
the harpy
While keeping to herself, for the most part, she absolutely wouldn’t miss out on this. She’d offered her help with the baking, making a cake and anything else they might want. So when the dates set? She breezes there with Auni in tow, unable to keep the wide grin from her face, moving to squeeze Deimos and then slipping toward Amalia with a very similar tight embrace, glad to see the Shield together once more.

I already call making the cake.” She offers, icy gaze flickering to Deimos as if he’d dare to challenge it — knowing he wouldn’t, before she settles with Auni on the back of her legs, tail wiggling as they wait.
she's fire and ice. you'll fear the cold and crave the burn
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
I was brought up as a southern belle
I grew into the queen of hell
Hotaru hasn't even met the lovely bride yet, and she is still slight with eager excitement as she comes spilling through the door, fabric trailing from her bag and a stack of bolts of even more piled in her arms. Ready to use them for the creation of anything from tablecloths to place settings to gowns. There are already a few gathered, and she sweeps past briefly to deposit her wares in a corner where they won't be in the way before she's immediately back and leaning in to press a kiss to Kiada's temple and demandingly leaning close for a hug from Deimos.

"I brought everything I could carry," she confesses with a bubbling laugh, joy suffusing her every pore, alight with happiness for her brother. But she is still the last to know, to meet, the lovely woman at his side. Hotaru extends a hand, not wanting to cross too early into hugging territory and spook the woman who already seems jittery. "It's lovely to finally meet you! I'm Hotaru." Giving her the sincerity most strangers are denied, because this is the woman Deimos has chosen to bond himself to for life. She deserves that much.
You were just a little stowaway
That stabbed her way to save herself
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Jigano might have been humming under his breath as he made his way down the street, a satchel of various supplies - quills, pens, various papers - at his side and Isuma dancing spirals through the air above his head, trilling along with his good cheer and adding her own to it. He stepped into the bakery with a broad grin, long sleeves already tied back and hair falling in a neatly-corralled tail down his back to keep it out of the way.

He grinned to see Kiada and Hotaru there before him, a tentatively warm smile for the young huntress - and a much more exuberant greeting from Isuma to Auni before she went searching for Jyoti - and an affable one for the stunning seamstress. He swept a courtly bow to the happy couple, slipping Amalia a playful wink and the equivalent of a gentle hug through the Attuned bond before he rose and saluted the General. "Reporting for invitation duty," he teased the Sword and Shield, patting his satchel with a grin.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Change author:
Evie
let us live like flowers, darling
Evie is a bit late to this particular party, but she's still here before Sam so it's a win in her book. Some things you just can't outgrow, and beating your little brother is one of them. She is admittedly surprised by how many faces she recognizes gathered around, though if they're close to Amalia it makes sense she'd know them one way or the other.

Immediately she can tell that her sister is feeling a little too keyed up, and like any good big sister she gives warm but passive smiles to everyone in the room as she slips around bodies to immediately take residence at Amalia's free arm. Letting their hands intertwine as they are wont to do, and leaning gently closer to press their shoulders together. Her own joy is bright and apparent on her face, ecstatic on her sister's behalf. "Take a breath, honey." Any other words that come to mind are more likely to make Amalia more anxious, so instead she gives a cheeky little wave at Deimos on her sister's other side, and waits for actual tasks to be given out.
wild and beautiful and drenched in sun
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Sam had not attended many weddings in his life, but often found himself daydreaming about them: the flowers, the vows, the love...to his romantic's heart it was very appealing indeed and he'd often fantasied about what might be involved in his own wedding, should it ever happen. So when he'd gotten the invitation to come and help with Amalia's he was more than happy to come along.

As expected both of his sisters were there: he gave Evie a smile as he walked in, as well as giving a quick greeting to Jigano and Hotaru. There was a woman there he didn't recognise who he gave a polite wave to, before he approached Amalia and Deimos. "I'm so happy for you both - tell me what you want me to help with, and I'll do it. And um...I have a present for you, as well." He held up a small bag in his hands towards them.

Inside the bag they would find a small book bound in a white leather, with gold ink on the front reading their names: inside would be a space to write the date, their vows should they wish to keep them, the names of the guests there, and anything else too in the remaining pages: he hoped it would be a nice keepsake. He'd even included a space for a pressed flower, if Amalia wanted to keep one from the displays.

And it's hard to write about being happy
'Cause the older I get
I find that happiness is an extremely uneventful subject
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Perhaps it was his turn to be somewhat uncomfortable – suddenly overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people they’d managed to garner and lead there. Maybe it shouldn’t have surprised him at all, but old habits had a penchant for rampaging their way through his soul, and to see a crowd there to help, and happy for them was muddling, and confusing. He squeezed Amalia’s hand again, for himself, before settling, before breathing, before striving forward, the confidence, the composure, striving to remain.

It helped that it was Kiada first, wrapped in her embrace, regaining some fortitude, snickering at her dibs of the cake making, and then Hotaru, ensconcing him (a warning might have been on his brow; but he’d feign it away entirely), fabric everywhere. Jigano’s appearance, with a damned bow of all things, made his eyes widen and then regain somewhat of his stalwart manner, shaking his head with a snort embedded out of instinctual ease. He was grateful for Evie’s mannerisms in calming Amalia’s nerves down, because he really wasn’t certain if he could maintain his for much longer, returning her cheeky wave.

But it was Samuel’s gesture that almost undid him again – kindness and beneficence towards his presence hadn’t been much of a thing in the past – except for here. He just assumed it was mostly Amalia’s doing and existence, and not his own. But the keepsake, because he couldn’t resist peeking, was enough to render his careful pretenses disregarded, and a warm smile rendered itself along his mouth. He’d never been one for words, and Samuel wouldn’t be able to feel the amount of gratitude flickering through attuned contortions, so he tried to convey as much as possible. “Thank you for such a treasure.” Amalia would likely find safekeeping for it until the proper moment, handing it gently over to her.

Then he had to get himself together again, but the grin didn’t wane. Another set of steady breaths, remembering these were all friends, all family, before extending his attention to the masses. “Thank you for coming,” more than he could ever possibly express. “We have some work to do.” His eyes went to the Shield, then back to their assembled masses. “We were hoping for assistance with Amalia and Kiada for baking, decorating and clothing, and then with lanterns and the brazier.” The baker would be able to give further directions, and they could delegate amidst their squadrons.

--

We need the following:

Baking:
(See Amalia’s post)
1. Amalia
2. Kiada
3. –

Decorations & Clothing:
(See Hotaru for fabric, and likely pinning Deimos/Amalia down for measurements. Decorations will include fabric, light paper, and assortments of flowers/stars affiliations. Feel free to see Deimos if you need/want anything else).
1. Hotaru
2. Jigano

Lanterns/Brazier:
(Pieces of wood/paper/paint/fabric will be available with Deimos, come on over to the table XD. Deimos will be working on the brazier.)
1. Deimos
2. –

Feel free to get started right away!
i rule the stars, not the other way around
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
the harpy
She positively hums when Hotaru presses a kiss to her temple, no hard feelings from LongNight and the slight argument they’d had there. Deimos and Amalia had made it out – and that’s all that mattered at the end of the day to the Harpy. Still, Auni bleats a small sound of greeting, pressing in to the Valkyrie before more enter. More of them she’s not seen aside from perhaps in passing, walking from place to place.

A nod and a wave is given to Jigano as Auni moves to greet Isuma, Kiada’s gaze flits to Evie next and Sam with similar small waves of greeting granted. But then, she settles as the gift is given, a soft smile crossing her face as she settles and tries to bottle her excitement – though it would spill over to Amalia and Deimos the most. And when the tasks are laid out, she darts toward Amalia, an apologetic look to Evie, a woman she likes well enough, but doesn’t know (who she’s also kissed but..) anyway, she aims to grab Amalia’s arm by the elbow and breeze her toward the back where she can start prepping the area with bowls and ingredients, familiar with the layout of the bakery and where everything was during the time Amalia hadn’t been able to walk.

What kind of cake do you want, Ama?” She asks softly, gaze bright and grin equally as wide as she waits before diving in.
she's fire and ice. you'll fear the cold and crave the burn
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Sam's present was beautiful, and Jigano gave his oldest friend on Caido a warm smile of admiration for both the thoughtfulness and the craftsmanship of it. He was even happier to see how much even the normally-stoic General liked the gift, but he kept a little bit of distance from the happy couple, staying by Sam as others crowded around and reached for Amalia with well-meant exuberance.

Deimos's deep voice brought some structure to the gathering, and Jigano tilted his head thoughtfully at the options. He was a better baker than he had been a year ago, but he enjoyed the glitz and glamour of decorations and a skillfully-sewn costume for performances, and he turned to Hotaru with a grin and an arched brow. "I'm a deft hand with a needle and thread, and I can help with any small, finnicky things that need to be cut or fancied up." He offered his services cheerfully, having worked well with Hotaru on many occasions now, and looking forward to doing so again.

Jigano offers to join Hotaru in decorating and sewing!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
As his gift was taken with such obvious gratitude from Deimos (perhaps the man did not emote quite as strongly as others, but Sam could tell his was a genuine smile) Sam grinned in return and nodded. "You're welcome. It was lovely to make." Even if he had had to have a glass of wine and a cry after about his own doomed future when it came to getting married. The smile from Jigano was nice and he gave one back, though his eyes were a little sad.

Since his gift had gone down well he supposed he would go to the table with Deimos to work on the lanterns, confident enough that his craftsman skills with books would at least kind of translate into lanterns: he'd made his fair share for the Festival of Lights, at least. "Tell me what I should be making and I'll try my best." He promised, looking at the tools and supplies set out before him and gathering the basics.

--
Sam goes to help make lanterns!

And it's hard to write about being happy
'Cause the older I get
I find that happiness is an extremely uneventful subject
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
They all arrive, their friends and family, loved ones from past and present both. Only one face is unfamiliar, the attractive blonde laden with far more fabric than Amalia can begin to make heads or tails of. She offers a tentative smile to Hotaru, glancing at Deimos and back again and grateful when Jigano arrives immediately after.

But it's Evie who comforts Amalia with all the practiced ease of a sister, grabbing her arm and gently coaxing her to calm down. "I have no idea what I'm doing," the Shield admits softly, her cheeks rosy with happiness and amazement. "I never thought I'd be getting married... or that I'd have so many people who cared enough to help. I wish they were here to see this." She doesn't say who they are; she doesn't have to. Not to Evie.

The last to arrive is the most surprising. Amalia hadn't held out much hope when she invited Sam; seeing him here feels like a promise that they do have a shot at a future as a family, faint as it may be. And the gift he gives catches her entirely off-guard, its thoughtful beauty utterly flooring the Shield beyond words. And so she doesn't speak, not at first: instead she throws her arms around her brother, holding him tight in their first true embrace. "Thank you," Amalia whispers to Sam, before taking the book and retreating upstairs to tuck it away safely.

When she returns Deimos is assigning roles and jobs and the bakery is becoming busy- a comforting level of bustle that the Shield finds some solace in. Snagged by Kiada she is more than happy to retreat behind the counter, into the part of the world she finds most familiar. "I thought we might make a couple options for people to try. Then whatever seems the most popular, we'll do for the reception."

took the stars from our eyes and then i made a map
i knew that somehow we would find our way back

Coding base by Sky!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Change author:
I was brought up as a southern belle
I grew into the queen of hell
Hotaru leaves Amalia with a warm, understanding smile. There will be time later to learn one another, to indulge in tales and tittering jokes alike now that she is so firmly ensconced within the family. Surely this is an overwhelming time for her, especially considering she seems greatly unaccustomed to such a fawning crowd. So instead Hotaru bustles back to her fabrics, surprised when Jigano is the one who comes to accompany her.

"Then I'll put you to the task of the decorative pieces, give you a suitable challenge. I have a few different colors for the night sky theme," here she gestures to the various shades of whites, blues, and blacks. He is welcome to start making the decorative stars and, if so inclined, use the gauzy fabric provided to start working on the light paper. "I may need a hand with some of the pinning for the attire, I have the bases but I want them tailored." Hotaru had wanted it to go smoothly, so she'd made a larger version of both individuals into custom mannequins for the base of each outfit. As they all set to work she will pop up to the bride and groom as time allows, seeking to have them try on their respective outfit so that she can neatly place a few pins to best flatter their shapes.

- -

Hotaru sets to work on finishing the gowns, she already has a base and will pull Ama/Deimos aside for quick tailoring over their clothes (doesn't need to be explicitly written for speed sake). She tasks Jigano with the decorations!
You were just a little stowaway
That stabbed her way to save herself
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Change author:
Evie
let us live like flowers, darling
"Who says you have to?" Evie smiles encouragingly, squeezing Amalia's hand as if to emphasize that she is there and prepared to help take on the preparatory weight to ease the woman's anxiety. She knows exactly who Amalia is mentioning, and her smile is painted with a watercolor layer of regret that she can't give this last thing to her sister. "They would have been happy that you found love, that you have this many people who want to make your wedding day beautiful. Even if things aren't perfect, you'll be married to the man you love by the end, and that's what matters." Hopefully that would ease some of the natural perfectionist tendency from the baker's shoulders.

As the tasks are set, Evie trails along when Kiada (and wow, that's a weird connection she things with a slight blush as she recalls the kiss) pulls the bride away behind the counter. Might as well, right? Sam seems to be keeping Deimos company with the lanterns, and Jigano and Hotaru are setting to work on the fabric. "I'm no master baker, I'm more of a professional taste tester, but I've got good hands." She wiggles her fingers playfully at Amalia, who likely knows just how strong those hands are after gardening half her life away.
wild and beautiful and drenched in sun