find shameful company
Advocates Meeting!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
with every breath and every intake
tip toe further away
He doesn’t take a trip back to Grounds, not for something as easy as a chance to show the Guild exactly where they’d be moving to. That and, well, Nate had refused to return back to the Grounds. So he remains in Torchline, settling and focusing on the bar itself – letters sent out in scriptish handwriting with a date and time to meet at the Slagveld, detailed instructions on how to get there. It wouldn’t make sense to others, just a description to appear there. Nothing weird about it.

It’s later, dusk already taking over, lights inside that illuminate the room. He sits there with Nate, fiddling a glass between his hands, glancing to Nate with a small smirk. “You think they’re gonna be okay with it?” He asks, somehow worried it might be the wrong move – but at the end of the day, it makes sense. He’s here, smuggling is here, they can cover it with the boxing ring like the bar was in the Grounds.

And then he settles and waits for them to arrive.

Advocates Meeting to talk about moving the Guild's Headquarters to Torchline! Feel free to have everyone receive a letter or note detailing how to get to the boxing ring! <3

Hotaru Nate Wessex Weaver Ronin
further away from this mistake
i'm no savior, i'm no saint
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The nights have lost their minds
Nate is glad that a certain amount of whining convincing had gotten him his way, a meeting held in Torchline instead of the Hollowed Grounds. The smugness of it radiates off him the entire time he's accompanying Sunjata to the boxing ring, a smirk splashed across his lips, glad to be staying in a place he now considers home, instead of going back, again, to a place he's trying to avoid.

Whatever nerves plague Sunjata don't touch Nate, though he doesn't, a hand wrap left behind by someone else wrapping around his hand absently, tightening and loosening over and over again. "I think they're gonna deal with it." There's no uncertainty in his voice, but the restless movement of his hands pauses as he steps closer to bump his hip against the guildleaders chair. "Doesn't make any sense to run a group out of a place you don't even live. Especially not when there's so much opportunity here."

A shrug, and then it's back to fiddling with the hand wrap, though he doesn't step away, hoping to offer some comfort with just his presence.
And the mornings are unkind
NATE
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
the dark star
For Ronin, he had never known the Devil's Advocates to be anything but located within Torchline. Given that he had helped to put the Slagveld together, and given that he lived basically next door to Sunjata anyway, he had snorted at the absurdity of needing a letter. But with that in mind, he still showed up.

Stepping in through the door, the Dark Star was dressed plainly, as was his way these days - especially since Remi had seemingly lost his magical ability to create new clothes. He gave a nod to Nate and to Sunjata as well, moving to perch on the edge of a table.

"This feels very solemn," he informed the guildmaster with a smirk. "Everything alright?"
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.
She was introduced to the Advocates as an idea in the Grounds, but she’d never even been to a meeting there. And honestly, it’s not like she cares. The Grounds is...well, honestly, it’s not her favorite place. Weaver spends more time in Torchline than any of the other lands, excluding her own home of course. When she’s summoned to Torchline instead of the Grounds, it comes as no real surprise or burden. She’d rather be in Torchline anyway.

Weaver is not the first to arrive, and she slips in behind a man she doesn’t know though suspects may be Ronin. Remi had said she’d know him when she met him, and he matched the description. Regardless, she’ll find out soon enough. Weaver makes her way into the room, her scythe on her back, the curved blade arching over her head. As is her normal way, she leans against the wall near the group, arms crossed casually over her chest, offering a nod and a smile of greeting to everyone gathered. ”I’m Weaver,” she says, for the benefit of the two men she doesn’t know.
Weaver
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
A boxing ring, eh? She’d heard rumors that someone had started one in Torchline but hadn’t paid much attention to it. Turns out it’s Sunjata’s boxing ring, causing her to make a little huh in the back of her throat. Dude sure does get around.

She’s got a couple of questions about whether or not the Devil’s Advocates still jive with her goal of opening up the continent, but when Wessex saunters in and sees Ronin there, she can’t help but wonder if those are more private questions. Not everyone needs to know the inner workings. She certainly doesn’t know what the others do (other than build bars). So perhaps its an ‘every person for themselves’ kind of thing under the umbrella of the organization.

Offering a general tilt of her head to the others and a tiny salute to Sunjata, the Wraith takes a seat on the edge of the ring, legs spread and elbows on knees.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
The skies are black with lead-filled rain
a morbid painting on display
Hotaru arrives a little late to this particular meeting, but she'd last been in Halo and the portals are handy but certainly no replacement for walking between towns. Already they are gathered, strange and familiar faces alike. Two such familiar ones that she greets with a raised brow and a twinkle of mischief in her mismatched eyes. Oh, there's something there that she wants to poke around about, she can just tell. But now is not the time, no matter her flirtatious desires and conniving ways.

Instead she moves to seat herself a space away from Wessex, giving the woman a smile and a wink as she hops up onto the ring, crossing her legs with a flourish and giving her attention to their illustrious leader. For once without a quip to offer, still rather subdued with the festival so close.
This is the night that young love died
Buried at each others sides
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
tip toe further away
He listens to Nate a bit distractedly as he waits for the members to arrive. There’s a small slight smile that crosses his face as he nods in agreement. “This place should’ve been where it started, I think.” He trails off as Nate bumps against the chair and Sunjata rolls his eyes in time to spot Ronin enter. A quiet huff leaves Sunjata at the comment from the hunter, a slight shake of his head. “Never better.” He offers with a small smirk back to his friend.

The next to arrive is Weaver, given a softer smile though still edged a small amount as it usually was when he was with her. A nod given to Wessex at the demi-god’s salute, hoping that the Ascended doesn’t drop their more… Secretive agreement. And last but not least, Hotaru, solemn and quiet enters the boxing ring, given a small nod and a smile to her as well.

But the time is now, is it not?

So he huffs a quiet sigh, moving to stand. “Thanks for showing up here rather than the Advocates in the Grounds.” He begins, flashing them all a smirk. “First few things first, huh? There’s been a big shift in members.” He pauses for a moment, perhaps a bit awkwardly, having been mostly the reason for the shift. “We’ve lost… A lot this last year. So we’re what’s left. If you know anyone looking for something to do, send them our way.” A small grin to that, to cover the awkwardness of the prior comment. Then, he gestures to the boxing ring around them.

This is the Slagveld. I want to turn part of it into the guild's headquarters and use the VlamVloed and the Kraai –” A dip of his head to Weaver at that. “Into extensions for the Guild.” Already it seemed likely that it could work. “I’ve moved to Torchline permanently, as has Nate and Ronin. So we’ll need a decent mix in the Halo and the Grounds. If you want to recruit someone, just let me know. But this is where the headquarters will be located from now on.” A light shrug to that, a pause as he glances to all of his Guildmembers to see if there’s any questions to that huge update.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the dark star
Ronin was perhaps the newest member of the Devil's Advocates, and so he had little really to add to Sunjata's speech. Still, he watched as the others arrived, offering a nod of greeting and a playfully raised eyebrow to Wessex, in particular, swinging a leg absently from the table he was seated upon.

"I can do that," he said of anyone wishing to join. "Mostly I'm useful for muscle - surprise surprise - so if you need me for anything, you can find me in a cottage up by the Aumakua lighthouse. I'm also happy to train with anyone in need of it."
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.
He had no reason to be nervous about moving the guild to Torchline, at least not where she was concerned. Weaver didn’t particularly care where the headquarters were, honestly. And besides, she likes Torchline better than the Grounds, so the announcement he makes comes with no real reaction other than a nod of understanding.

When Sunjata is done, the guy she thinks must be Ronin speaks up first, offering his own input. She waits, with little to add, given that she’s pretty new herself. ”Well you all know where to find me. I’ll see if I can rustle up some new recruits at the Kraai. Though, if you haven’t heard, the portal in Halo will be closed for Deepfrost, so catch me before or after. Not that anyone with half a brain would head out into the Tundra then, but…” she trails off. Not everyone she’d met had half a brain, so it was probably for the best.
Weaver
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
The nights have lost their minds
It's half surprise and half not to see the faces filter through the doors, though Wessex in particular makes him perk up, a nod and a cheeky thought sent towards the demi-god. The orca makes sense now. Hotaru though, catches him especially by surprise, Nate's brows rising, the corners of his mouth following slowly. Something tells him there's going to be some kind of teasing conversation in his future.

The restless motion of his hands stops as Sunjata starts talking, Nate looking around the assembled group more than he does the guild leader. There's nothing to say to the fact that their numbers had changed, that faces are missing, though Nate never had the chance to meet them as fellow guildmates. Business moves on though, and there's something that feels prudent to mention as it does. "So... Weaver's taking care of the Kraai, what about the VlamVloed?" His eyes drift to Wessex, the only person who he knows keeps to the Grounds for sure, but somehow running a bar doesn't quite seem to be her scene.
And the mornings are unkind
NATE
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
The skies are black with lead-filled rain
a morbid painting on display
Sunjata smiles in greeting, but she can only manage a small twitch of her lips in reply. She has not been sleeping particularly well, and truthfully just wants this meeting to be over with already so she can return home. Nate doesn't seem particularly pleased to see her, so Hotaru averts her gaze and quietly sits through the list of things to be discussed.

All the others chime in, but Hotaru does not. She has nothing to say. Of course she'll keep an eye on potential recruits, but she already has her fingers deep in her own machinations, and those promise to be more rewarding than a few warm bodies. The VlamVloed is beyond her scope, with the plans she has for her spa in Halo, though she has yet to fully commit to moving there. So instead she gives a nod of acknowledgement to all that has been said, and lets her mind drift, for once not caring what those around her think of her silence.
This is the night that young love died
Buried at each others sides
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
Casually returning Hotaru’s wink, her eyes then dart to Nate and his comment. The Guildmaster was a generous man when I overextended myself, she offers by way of explanation, the faintest smile settles on the blonde’s lips as she waits to hear what this is all about.

More or less (more) unsure about whom he speaks when he talks of losing people, there’s little in the speech that piques her interest. Torchline? Okay - the distance is hardly a barrier for her. And she’s not a recruiting type (not for their group anyway), only a hand and a scheming mind. An ally, not an active partner. “I’m more or less nomadic at this point. So… things eventually find me. There are some people here and there who can pass on messages. I’ll point ‘em out.” A shrug to the rest of it. “The VlamVloed isn’t for me, though. It needs someone who’ll be there more than once a fortnight.” And also there’s already one barkeep in Astor’s roster.

Which means they need to recruit. But again, not her problem.
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
tip toe further away
His information is laid out, unaware of the conversation that goes on between the Ascendeds, and his gaze flickers to Ronin with some amusement. “You are quite the muscle, Ronin.” A dip of his head, a smirk sent the hunters way. His gaze moves on quickly to Weaver, a nod of acknowledgement. “Loren told me about it not long ago. Letters can still make it through as far as I’m aware, so we’ll be in touch don’t you worry.” Another slight smirk sent to the Halovian woman.

But a more intensive look is given to Nate at his side when the Ascended speaks, gaze moving once again when Wessex adds her own bit of information. “I currently have a natural running it as it is. Helps that the guild entrance is outside.” A hum to that before he shakes his head. “And with LongNight and Deepfrost approaching, I don’t imagine it’ll get much action until Flowerbirth. So we have time to find someone.” A shrug granted to that before his gaze focuses on Wessex again. “Before LongNight I’d like to catch up on the other business we have, Wessex.” A bit more direct, wondering how the shrine rebuild has gone.

But with that? He glances to the rest of them all and leans back against the counter a bit more toward Nate. “Other than that, that’s the update. These are your connections, this is the headquarters. Unless anyone else has anything to add, that’s all I’ve got.” For now, anyway, until he starts speaking with Jack on other matters.

That’s basically it! THANKS FOR COMING TO MY TEDTALK!

Feel free to wrap up or don’t <3 I’ll archive in a week or earlier depending on if anyone has anything else to add?
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
the dark star
Well, that was delightfully quick. Ronin nodded to Sunjata as he concluded his updates, pointedly not glancing between him and Wessex and whatever other business they might have. The Dark Star had nothing against the Wraith, even though their alignments might be vastly different, and he would prefer to keep it that way.

"Far be it from me to keep you from other matters," he said, hopping down from the table and nodding at all those gathered. "As I said - find me if you need me. I'll catch you later, Jata." Probably in the boxing ring. Probably to drink and fight. It was 'colleague socialising' as part of the new government - that's what Ronin called it anyway. Without further ado, he swanned back out of the boxing ring and was gone.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN