Missed Connection
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
It was late, and she really should be heading back to the port, so she could make it home before dark but... she had caught sight of someone, and trailed after them. She had to be certain that it wasn't her brother.

Alder had died, after all, but something Remington had told her, during their brief encounter had stuck with her. Why was she so sure Bellamy was gone? So why was she so sure her brother was gone?

The guy she was following looked just like she remembered Alder looking. It didn't occur to her to stop and think, that maybe, just maybe, if Alder ended up in this world he might not look the same. Delphine was impulsive, and high, and upset at the thought of her elder brother, who was the bane of her existence prior to Bellamy Rowan, being here.

So she scooped up a rock and... well, she walked a bit faster. Once she got close enough, she attempted to bring the rock up with enough force to slam it into the side of the man's head. Of course, it immediately failed, because she couldn't raise the rock as high as she needed it. At worst, it might slam into his arm, that is if she didn't drop it on her foot.

Sunjata
Let me make you smile, darling.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SuNJATA
the flood
There’s a piece of him, internally with the attuned shifts that writhe within his skin, that can tell there’s someone following him. But he’s not too concerned with it, not currently seeing as he’s become a part of the government – and yet, yet, there’s this nagging feeling like he probably should be paying more attention than he does. His hand grips one of his daggers, just on the off chance it’s some rowdy Torcher that’s looking for a fight.

And that’s what he expects it to be, right when the rock hits him in the arm with a fairly decent amount of force, surprising him as he whirls with a steel, predatory gaze, reaching out to latch onto the hand that had struck him, the other reaching to place the dagger at her throat. He doesn’t recognize her, but the flash of blonde did stir some discomfort in his gut at the sight. “What the fuck was that for?” He rumbles, accented thickly, demanding an answer.
love will save you, but it won't save me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Delphine was gasping, as the man grabbed her, cold metal to her throat. She leaned into it, trying to study him closer, her face losing the hostile stare it had worn moments before.

"Why are you..." She breathed heavily between words, "...alive?!" She furrowed her brows, confusion settling across her features.

"I don't... understand," she murmured, hazel gaze fixed on the stranger's face.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She must be insane, or drunk, or high – he can’t tell which it is right now as she presses back against the blade and the blood begins to spill along the singing steel. He doesn’t move, keeping her there just in case as she begins to utter and breathe heavily, confused just as much as she is. Why is he alive? What kind of question is that? He clenches his jaw, steel gaze flickering along her hazel ones. “You don’t understand?” He says, a scoff leaving him in some hint of disbelief.

What kind of question even is that?” He pauses, brows furrowing for a moment as he tries to follow along the train of thought and can’t quite keep up. He’s not sure which turn it’s made, what part he’s not understanding, what part she isn’t understanding. "Who are you?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
"I..." Delphine stared in silence, her teeth worrying her lower lip. "You're not... not Alder Mountrose, are... you?" She sounded disappointed and relieved, in one breath.

She stops straining against the blade, it's like... all of the rage that had sent her after the man had left. An apologetic look entered her gaze, and she murmured quietly, "I... thought you were my big brother, he died back, ah, back home."

Quietly, she began to shuffle her weight, though she didn't try to pull away from the man. She also did not say who she was.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
What? No.” He manages, confused and having never heard of this man before in his life. He’s not even sure what makes her think that he’s him – having not been mistaken for… Well, anyone, recently. Back in Korofi it was far more likely, but here? Here it was usually him cornered for something he did do, not the opposite. But she seems to realize it, relax, and Sunjata withdraws the blade at her throat, tentative and unsure, keeping the blade out just in case she decides to lose it again.

The explanation is murmured but he can hear it clearly with his earring in his ear, and he lets her go completely to take a step back, gaze still focused intently on her – distrusting and still incredibly fucking confused. “I’m not. I don’t know who you are.” He manages with a hint of annoyance and irritation creeping into his voice, accent growing a bit thicker here as he regards her a bit more fully now.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Delphine's hands wring in front of her, and she steps backwards slowly. "I'm... My mistake," she almost seemed on the verge of tears.

Her backwards steps were slow, each step more halting than the last. How had she gotten so... how had she pegged the wrong person as her brother? As she backs away, the man would notice that she wore no other weapons, not even shoes, at the moment. She'd lost them, somewhere.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She steps back, making no move to cover the cut to her neck, and he doesn’t make any move to help. Not as she apologizes, and yet something about her demeanor reminds him so much of Phoebe that he has to swallow hard against another set of frustration, muscles feathering in his jaw as he shakes his head to her – looking for over for any other signs of harm.

He finds no weapons, no shoes, and deduces that she is either insane, or inebriated. He huffs quietly. “Can you at least tell me your name?” He won’t give her his until she gives up her own, gaze still narrowed and focused on her – every inch the predator that flickers under his skin, sharp fangs peeking out when he speaks from a partial shift he’s incapable of stopping.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
"Delphine." Her name felt like a lie. Where had her shoes gone? She stared at her feet, toes pressing into the rough ground, frowning to herself. What had she taken? She'd been unable to find her usual dealer and had sold her body for a hit.

Her gaze found the man, finally, and she studied him, furrowing her brow slightly. It was at this moment, she realized she was bleeding and pressed her left hand to her throat. Drawing her fingers away, she stared at the blood and hummed quietly.

Her hand wandered back to her throat, and slowly she began to heal it. It was not as shallow as it would have been if she hadn't pressed into the blade. The magic still felt strange to her, alien, but she had a basic understanding of her healing ability. Though she still had not realized that she had any other magic.

She had once dreamt of being a healer; she had once become a grand healer. But...

Her thoughts had trailed drastically. She wasn't sure if the man in front of her was talking, or not. She certainly hadn't said anything in a while. And so, in true Delphine fashion, she panicked and blurted out an apology and explanation: "I'm sorry. I... got confused. My brother... well, he died back home and..."

She couldn't say she was hoping he'd come back to life here, because she hated the man.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
’Delphine’. It’s a start. And his slight sneer to his face relaxes a bit as she steps back and focuses on herself. He lets her, lowering the dagger in his hand as he creates more space between him and her, steel gaze narrowing at the scent of blood and watching as she presses her hand to it, pulls it away, and then returns it to heal it. And honestly? Who didn’t have healing magic anymore? He sighs, hearing her apology and shaking his head, rubbing at his arm where she’d hit him with the rock.

And maybe he’s being somewhat petty, but he can’t help the slight shrug of his tattooed shoulders, gaze narrowing on her. “People that died in other worlds have shown up alive here. Doesn’t mean you go around and hit people with rocks, alright?” There’s a raise of his brow, a slight frown of his face to that. Still, Sunjata makes no apology for the way he’d reacted – finding it well within his right. And had she not pushed back against the blade, it wouldn’t have bled as much. “You should go home. It’s not safe out here this late.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
"He was a bad man," she murmured, her gaze wandering to the sky, then across the landscape. She was near where Remi had said he lived. Wasn't she? "Only reason I hit you." If Alder showed up, she was almost certain he'd kill her.

She'd gone against his wishes, married a man he didn't approve of, and then that man had sent Alder to his death. Her gaze was still searching, wandering, though she didn't seem upset anymore. "But... I was looking for something." She answered, to his statement that she should return home.

Not something, someone. She pressed her hands together, pushing her palms together as hard as she could, and turned a slow circle. "Mister? Have you seen my shoes?" She turned to face the stranger again. There was nothing in the way she acted that said she expected an apology; Delphine rarely apologized, and when she did it was never an outright apology like the one she had just given.

"Or... uhm, my bag? I was bringing a painting to my friend..." She puffed her cheeks out, turning another circle. She didn't remember where she'd tossed her shoes and her bag, in her efforts to keep up with who she thought was her brother.

She was glad it wasn't Alder. A bit sad, because Alder was her only family, other than her ex-husband, but... Alder wasn't good family. Quietly, the woman starts walking past Sunjata, searching for her shoes, not stopping to think that her shoes would not be ahead of them when they'd only just arrived at this destination.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Sunjata hums in response to her initial comment of her brother being a bad man, and honestly? Sunjata’s not much of a good man to write home about either. Still, he doesn’t think it’s a good enough reason – and if she really didn’t want to see him again, why would she have drawn attention to herself? He huffs out a sigh as she continues, speaking some sort of awkwardness about looking for something, of finding shoes, and he follows her with his gaze as she moves – unable to let her out of his sight just in case she turns and tries to strike him again.

The comment of Friend, however, has him perking up. And his head tilts a small amount with curiosity, lips pursing slightly. “I haven’t seen any shoes or a bag. They’re probably gone by now.” He offers. It is Torchline, after all. Things abandoned never stayed that way for long, new homes and new opportunities. “Who’s your friend?” His head tilts avianlike, feathers ruffling along his shoulders in deep navy hues that fill in the tattoos spotted there – curious and yet unsure. Who else would even be out here aside from him, Nate, Ronin, and Remi? Aside from random Torchers.

But she didn’t exactly sound like a Torcher. Much like he didn’t either, not with the thick accent that coats his words. But if he knew, perhaps he could help her get home.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Delphine frowned, when he told her that her shoes and her bag was gone. That meant her painting was gone too. Much like a child, who's been told something they did not wish to hear, she walks faster. Heading away from the man.

Then he asks a question that catches her attention, and she turns lazily. "My friend used to sneak in my room." She stated honestly, perking up a bit. "And he used to teach me things, and... but now I don't think he's a hawk anymore. He's somethin' else, something... bigger?"

She puffed her cheeks out, staring somberly at the man. Then, all at once, the words were bright, cheery, almost excited: "Do you know Remi? Can you take me to Remi?" Even high, she couldn't forget Remi. Though she was forgetting that her first meeting in years with the man had... shown her he was not the same man who had danced in the rain with her.

High as a kite, she wanted the Remi she remembered, not the Remi she'd get.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
He watches her start to walk faster – something like a pout crossing her face. And he’s half tempted to let her go – get into her own sort of mess and trouble. But he’s the Arbiter now, and isn’t it his job to make sure that people stayed safe here? He can’t help the roll of his eyes before she turns back to him and speaks more nonsense that has a brow raising as he looks back to her. None of it makes sense to him, until she stares at him and then suddenly starts talking all happily.

Remi?” He repeats, wondering what the fuck was going on. But he does know Remi, and he glances down the path toward his house and Remi’s. A hand lifts to rub at the back of his neck, glancing back to Delphine with a huff of a sigh. “I know Remi. He’s my neighbor.And boss. “But he’s usually busy around this time. I can take you back to my house, and you can see him in the morning after you’ve rested?” A tentative offering. Nate was home, he’d surely know what to do, right? He was a doctor after all.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3