New Digs
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe had worked quickly once she got Remi's approval to take over the brothel. She had resigned her post in the government, closed the college, and began working out plans to help transition her current patients to other healers within the Grounds. All that was left really, was to actually move - but before that she needed to see the work ahead of her and get a handle on the situation.

So after the Festival of Lights, Phoebe made her way back to Torchline. It was strange how pleasant the weather was in Torchline still, but that was certainly no complaint on her part. Flowy summer dresses were her favorite. When she saw Remi approaching their meeting spot, she smiled a little and waved. "Hi, Remi. Did you have a good Festival?"
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
there's a bulletproof bond
"A good festival?" The Alchemist repeated, giving the midwife a scruffy and skeptical look. It was a festival to honour the dead, and given all those Remi had lost, it wasn't a particularly cheery time. Perhaps one year it would be, but with Aoife's loss still far too fresh, it would not be this year.

"It was interesting, to say the least." Chasing Loren off. His interaction with Ludo. Speaking to Sam. Whatever else followed since that thread isn't over yet. "And you? I won't lie, I don't recall seeing you there."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe shrugged a little bit at the alchemist's skeptical words. "I mean, it isn't LongNight in the Grounds so it must be good by some measure, right?" she said. Really, after experiencing that, even a festival honoring the dead seemed like a cheery event. Perspective really was everything after all.

"That's because I wasn't there." she said with a bit of a sigh. "I used the time to tie up some loose ends, get the College all boarded up. Things like that are easier to do when people are away and occupied. Less curious eyes and questions." she explained. It had been weighing on her heavily so she had used it to simply get it done. Rather like ripping off a bandaid.

"From here I am going to have to take your lead...I am not exactly sure where anything is yet." she said, looking around. Everything was abuzz with activity and she had yet to really learn to navigate the place.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Not cold as ice, either." Remi hasn't spent a Deepfrost in Torchline yet, but all accounts suggest that while it is brisk by no means is the ground coated with snow.

Raising a brow at that, Remi decided not to ask, instead just nodding his head. Pheobe had worked remarkably hard on getting the medical college up and running, her midwifery clinic as well. To leave it behind was no small feat, not like his departure had been. But a fresh start is what she'd been looking for, and with Frey's guidance, who was Remi to say anything about this transition?

"Well, lesson one is don't carry anything around with you that you don't want to lose. And if you do, keep it close." So saying, he led her off down the winding pathways. There was the main drag in Haulani, but one street over was a less-crowded though equally eclectic row of stands and stalls. Nestled between overgrown palm trees was a two story building that might once have had a wrap-around deck and an upperlevel outlook. Now though most of the windows were broken, the door had been taken, and there was a thick layer of volcanic ash that threatened to collapse the roof.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She laughed a little and nodded. "I know! I feel overdressed even in this." she said, tugging on her loose, fluttery sleeved dress. It was perfect for Hollowed Ground Flowerbirth but a little bit warm still for Torchline. The temperature would certainly take getting used to.

His look at mention of the College just made her shake her head solemnly. All things with a start had an end.

She nodded with a grin at his advice though. "Good to know." she said with a light laugh. But the joyful attitude soon faded as she finally saw the state of the brothel. A light gasp escaped her lips, a hand rising to cover her slackened jaw. It reminded her of all the buildings in the settlement when they had first arrived. Unlivable. "Oh, I hope no one is in there." she said softly as she approached the building, even though it was clearly unsafe.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"For Torchline? Yes. For you though?" Remi shrugged. Though Phoebe had certainly come out of her shell, still she was...modest, to be sure. Perhaps not with those she was intimate with, but to his eye, flowing but covered seemed about Phoebe's pace.

'Why is that?' Remi chuckled with a boyish look of mischief as he crossed his arms. "Some like it dilapidated and deadly."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
"If it gets hotter here, and I bet it does, I just might have to adapt. That or cut my hair and I do not want that." she said with a shrug. She loved her long hair. It was part of her identity almost. Modest clothes? Well...perhaps if she was a little less modest maybe people wouldn't think of her as being so young.

"Oh stop, you know exactly why!" she huffed at him as she carefully made her way in. The place smelled musty and smokey. It had clearly been ransacked and volcanoe ash covered everything. "Oh....oh my goodness..." she said softly, pressing her hands to her cheeks as she looked around wide eyed, clearly overwhelmed.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can just tie your hair up. Or braid it." Holding his hands up to indicate that he wasn't an expert on this subject. "Or just deal with the sweat. I hear it's good for the skin."

Snickering as he followed behind, the Alchemist shook his head playfully. "You know, of all the things for you and I to do, setting up a brothel is not something I thought we'd be doing." He grinned. "Especially given how we both used to be." Sheltered, naive, repressed.

Nodding at her assessment, Remi folded his arms across his chest. "It's going to take a bit of work to be sure."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
"Noooo, really? I can tie my hair up?" she said in a sarcastic drawl, a teasing grin on her face. He seemed in an awfully good mood, far better than he had been since...well since before everything. But she wasn't going to question it, worried she would jinx it and he would be grumpy again.

It was hot though so she flipped her head over and quickly tied her hair in a bun atop her head, no hair tie needed. Between the humidity and how thick her hair was, she didn't need it. She glanced back at him smiling a bit. "The world works in mysterious ways." she said in agreement.

But the state of the brothel was truly deplorable, and Phoebe was relieve to find no one currently residing in it. Once she had walked through the rooms though, making a check list of everything that needed to be done, she returned to Remi's side. "I'm going to see if I can round some people up to help. If I give you a list, do you think you could get building supplies? Tell them the new Madame will make sure they get a discount on their visit when we are up and running again?" she said with a cheeky grin. Her. A Madame. Strange indeed.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well look at you go." Remi replied with a roll of his eyes, ruffling a hand through his own curls. "How adaptable." Still, his grin was more earnest than it had been for a while as he nodded at her bun approvingly. "It even looks nice." He added with a wink.

As Phoebe went in, Remi did a small tour of the exterior of the building. He was looking for secret ways in as well as places where the foundations might need to be replaced. As the midwife turned madame returned, Remi turned his attention towards her. 'I think I can manage that, yeah." He agreed with a smirk. 'A discount eh?' Remi chuckled. "Someone's a mind for business."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
"Remind me how adaptable I am when my skin looks like a tomato." she said with a light laugh. Her pale complexion might have earned her a few beauty points amongst her teachers at finishing school, but in Torchline it stood out like a bright white glowing sign of impending sunburn doom. But at his compliment she spun around as if modeling the hairstyle for him. "Thank you for noticing. I put a lot of effort into this hairdo." she said with a light laugh.

But as the two parted and returned she smiled a bit proudly at his words. "A Madame has to have a mind for business, because she is the one who makes sure everyone gets paid fairly for their services." she said, tone indicating that she had perhaps read that in a book somewhere.  "Not only will it help get this place rebuilt, but it will get customers in the door too!" she said with a grin.

But of course, they both had jobs to do now. Next they'd meet would be filled with much more difficult tasks.

--FIN
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!