the mission is destined to sail
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
they tried to make you bleed with bullets and daggers
but your heart is made of steel
It wasn’t the first time she’d called them all here. Nor would it be the last, she imagines. But there was much to discuss – Deepfrost quickly approaching and the decision of whether to try and evacuate most of the Grounds to Halo before the portal was closed. So she sends out a letter to those of her cabinet, especially after recent events. It’s smaller than it was before, and she wonders what her group would like to do about the healer section – if they should indeed reach out to Evie… Or what.

All she knows is that she’s quite exhausted still – so tired in comparison to her usual vibrant self, though she tries to make up the façade – settled in the couch as she once was before. Only without a note about the Greatwood, she sits with a note from Phoebe and her withdrawal from the council in favor for Torchline. And she waits, with snacks and tea, for everyone to arrive to begin.

Samuel Amalia Deimos Jigano
REXANNA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

The pending season, one of potential devastation and ruin, brought forth ideas, ruminations, and calculations required by their government positions. Already his mind had schemes reeling from prior years, circumstances, and experiences in discussions with Safrin. There were a number of tangible threads, possibilities, and seams they needed to navigate, and it was likely better to apply them sooner rather than later; thoughts of how to prepare looming.

He wandered into the midst straight from his routines and chores along the barracks and the Artisan’s Guild, bag still over his shoulder, maneuvering into the Artist’s Sanctuary, finding Rexanna along the couch. A swift nod, a quiet scrutiny, noting the parchment and paper in her hands, but the somewhat tired expression – pretenses she might have hidden from those who didn’t know her well. Except Deimos and Rexanna had lifetimes of history, and he tilted his head a fraction, a hushed whisper ricocheting from his throat, almost inaudible in case anyone else walked in. “You all right?” He took a chair nearby, waiting, placing his sack down on the floor.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Jigano arrived with Isuma on his shoulder and a small bag under his arm, distracted and thoughtful as he ducked in the door and gave Rex and Deimos polite nods. Seeing the pair speaking quietly he gave them their space, putting over to pour himself a cup of tea and put together a plate of snacks for himself and the gryphon before taking a seat a little ways away, assuming Amalia would want to sit by Deimos and Sam might be more comfortable beside Rex.

Until the siblings - that still was strange to think - arrived there wasn't much reason to begin laying out business, so he just fed Isuma tidbits and looked over to Rexanna, realizing just how long it had been since he'd seen his friend outside of official business in recent seasons. He was hesitant to interrupt whatever was passing between her and the General, though, and so for the moment he stayed quiet.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
Given that the last community meeting he'd attended had ended in a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach, Sam was not thrilled to attend this council discussion; would he be attacked for daring to speak his mind again? Would he feel stupid again for hours after, repeating over and over to himself what he could have said better, who he should have approached different?

Maybe he would, but he couldn't shrug off his duty to the people of Sanctuary. With a brave face, he'd set out to meet the council. At least the Artist's Sanctuary was a pleasant enough place to meet and seeing Rexanna had set out tea and snacks for them all, he relaxed enough to smile at the members already there and sit, reaching to pour himself a cup, more for something to hold than anything else.
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
Amalia slides in quietly, the last to arrive. She too has brought some snacks, though seeing Rexanna's she hesitates (why would the Ascended bother, she wonders) before placing her scones on the edge of the table, so as not to infringe.

Settling into a chair beside Deimos, the Shield waits to learn the purpose of this meeting, her legs tucked up beneath her, her fingers running nervously over the armrests on her chair.
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
They all filter in, and she smiles brightly to all of them through her exhaustion. Deimos’ answer receives a nod and a smile that seems to suggest they’ll talk later about that particular bit of information, before she focuses on the rest of them as they arrive.

Brows lift at the scones Amalia brings, pleased to have them even if Amalia sets them off to the side — she makes room to set them in the middle for everyone else. “Thanks for coming today.” She offers, gaze lifting to all of those around. “Phoebe has moved to Torchline and stepped down from her position. She’s suggested Evie as her replacement, from the voting that had occurred.” Her gaze immediately goes to Sam with this information, understanding that Sam is her brother. As for the rest of it? “Deepfrost is approaching and we need to work on what we plan on doing. I’ve met with Neron and he’s offered to take refuges from the Grounds in the condition they arrive before Deepfrost hits and as long as they bring the supplies they need. So we will need to make it aware and available for people to arrive.” Her gaze flickers to Amalia, Jigano, and Samuel with that.

And then she leans back, picking up a glass of tea to sip from despite not tasting it. “As for Deepfrost prep, ideas on where we could stay for LongNight this year? What we should prep?” Her gaze flits to Deimos with that question specifically.
REXANNA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

A nod in Rexanna’s direction at the silent insinuations there as everyone else filed in – a discussion for later. He gave bobs of his head in greeting to the others as well, a smile for Amalia, though noticing one is missing – and there comes the Penumbra’s announcement. Phoebe, gone to Torchline for whatever particular reason, the potential for Evie to step up into the role. “If Evie still wants the position, then I agree.” His eyes went to the Shield briefly, she’d likely know more than the rest.

Neron offering to take refugees is a kindness extended towards them: who might be involved in those matters will need to be decided upon. He’d already begun to gather some supplies, firewood especially, since it was readily available, and their hunting expedition, besides a side-trek in demolition, had brought forth some food.

Inclinations towards LongNight prep centered upon him again, and while there was some apprehension mettled in that – since last year’s hadn’t gone especially well on their end – machinations were already rambling through. “If Phoebe is no longer using the College, and no one else wants to take it over, should we use that as a shelter?” He inclined his head, tilting it towards the rest, in case they had any other notions. The beast had no issue in proffering the barracks either, already fully armed, if matters came to that. “I have spoken with Safrin on several LongNight ideas, but for the most part, we should go with what we have done in the past.” As the Naturals had committed to – the herald had reminded him several times in a lengthy lecture. And to stop opening doors, apparently. “We will also need to lure the luxere.” Which wasn’t one of his talents, too much dark magic embedded in his blood. “We can start gathering more wood and food as well.” Snow moss when the season altered, blackening the windows again, following through on age-old properties.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
He smiled warmly at Sam and Amalia both, and Isuma happily went to offer her more personal greetings before swooping down upon the plate of scones and claiming one for her companion. She carried her prey back to Jigano who rewarded her with scritches and a few nibbles of the treat before he had a bite himself, enjoying Amalia's baking and the warmth it always seemed to bring.

Rex's words weren't entirely a surprise after the Notice Board, but Jigano nodded with a faint frown as it became official. He was curious to find she had left for Torchline, his smile turning a tad crooked. "It seems many of the Northhaveners who arrived here first are migrating away from the Grounds," he noted quietly. Those that had survived this long, at least. Not unlike the Voice seemed to be pushing the Ascended to do, really... an interesting thought, but one for later.

He tilted his head in acknoweldgement of Neron's generosity, but talk of Deepfrost bled the humor from his expression and turned him somber. "I agree with Deimos," he said with a nod to the General's suggestion. "They've a lecture hall for quiet gathering and classrooms for those that want more privacy. We should be able to make meals to feed everyone with almost as easily as we would in one of the bars... though on that note, there is also the VlamVloed if Sunjata is willing." Given the Flood now lived in Torchline, he wasn't sure who was in charge of the bar now.

His brow went up to hear that Deimos had spoken with Safrin, but the bard nodded slow agreement.  "That was Ludo's suggestion, as well," he added as a quiet afternote. "Prepare, dig in..." He hesitated, then gave the General a slight smile as he remembered their previous conversation. "We should build the SparkBird's perch again, but this year we should try and have more offerings. With the elemental storms still raging I don't think she's gone too far, and she might come back if we make her welcome. Her light would add a great deal of safety to the Sanctuary if we can coax her back."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
Sam gave Isuma a brief stroke before he settled in to listen to Rexanna, holding the tea close to his face for the comfort of feeling the warm steam on his skin: something he'd greatly missed when he hadn't been able to sense things as well. Listening to their Queen speak he was surprised to hear Evie's name, but nodded at the idea when Rexanna looked over: maybe it would do his sister good, to be in an important position. He'd been troubled by her self-hate around her Abandoned nature.

The plan to migrate to Halo was a good one, would save lives (something he was relieved with, given current Ascended discourse): though he knew some would be too stubborn to go. "As Natural adviser I will be sure to let as many people know as I can they have the choice, but some, especially those that live on the Outskirts, are set in their ways and won't want to leave their homes. I think..." He swallowed, anxious to say this, but knowing he needed to. "...I should stay here, for the Naturals that will refuse to go."

As for all preparations he just nodded along, agreeing that they were all good measures.
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
Phoebe's departure is a surprise to the girl, and troubling with LongNight on the horizon. Though if it means Evie as a replacement... "Evie is loving in Halo, studying under Zariah." The distaste in Amalia's tone is clear as she mentions the Merciless. "But I'd be glad to ask if she'll take the role. It would be good to have her home." She glances at Sam with the flicker of a smile, then quickly returns to Rex.

As the others discuss LongNight preparations Amalia listens quietly, only interrupting when Rexanna mentions Halo. "Remi has also offered Torchline for a haven," she says softly. "Though he asks those who intend to come arrive a week before, as he intends to close the portals."

Their ideas are all good, but nothing new to the girl who has spent her life in the Grounds. It's Sam's argument that makes the most sense, though she disagrees with the final conclusion. "Some will stay regardless," Amalia agrees. "But at least one of us should go with each group, I think. To Halo and to Torchline. I promised Ronin I would remain here - he is helping Safrin protect the Grounds. Jigano, maybe you should go to Torchline? And Rexanna to Halo?"
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Samuel’s nod to the mention of Evie has a softer smile crossing over her face, and when she turns to look at Amalia again, it still remains soft even despite the mention of Zariah – even if her hand clutches the cup of tea a bit tighter. “Please do.” She agrees quietly, until the conversation shifts on and she focuses on the task of where they could find refuge for the upcoming LongNight.

It won’t be easy, and many will stay behind. Unfortunately… I have to remain here as well. Is there anyone that might be willing to go to Halo and Torchline in our steads?” She asks, glancing around the group – wondering if Jigano also had a reason to stay or if they all must remain. She takes a deep inhale that she doesn’t need, fingers relaxing around the cup as she looks around to her council once more. “I’ll make a notice on the Notice Board with the dates to have gathered and left by – and we can find someone suitable to go with each group?” She asks, cocking her head slightly.

As for the College, it is close enough to the Temple? Should have enough space for a large herd of Luxere… I think perhaps we should all remain in one space unlike last year.” Her gaze flickers to the rest of them with that. She opens her mouth to begin to speak about the collecting of snowmoss and the ability to start working on fortifications when the door opens, a young boy darts in with a letter in hand.

Her brows lift, but she stands to take the letter from him, offering him a soft smile and a nod, a quick thank you before she settles and opens it, scanning the letter briefly as her brows furrow together. “This is from Wessex.” She begins, unfolding it a bit more. “Addressed to us. She found a man in the Settlement that seems to be from elsewhere – not an Outlander, not Halo, not Torchline. Mentioned… Snows would be coming soon?” She cocks an eyebrow to that and hands the letter around.

I suppose this means we should get started as soon as possible, yes?” Better to be overprepared than underprepared. Either the man would be correct… Or he wouldn’t.

To the Council - link to the letter from Wessex.
REXANNA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Evie's new residence came as a surprise to the bard and he gave Amalia a worried glance to hear her friend so closely tied to a woman who had caused them all such grief. A flicker of a look towards Rexanna to see how she was taking it - of those gathered, only Sam had been left largely untouched by Zariah's grab for power - but seeing their Queen composed he simply nodded at the decision to have Amalia approach the apothecary.

He was far more surprised to hear Amalia suggesting he go elsewhere, a pulse of confused questioning slipping through the Attuned bond. "I can't leave," he reminded her quietly. "My oath to Ludo and my duty to the souls of our fallen Grounders remains unchanged." A promise she knew about, that had been made long before her words to Ronin. He looked back to Rex with a solemn expression. "I will not ask any door to be opened for me, however, wherever you chose to stay. I will not risk others for my task... but neither will I abandon it. I gave my word on this before travel between the regions was open and I would not forswear myself to a god any less than I would to you." He hoped Rex would understand, and that Amalia would as well.

The interruption of the messenger brought a flicker of exasperation from the bard, somehow unsurprised to hear Wessex's name attached. "There are other regions," he said thoughtfully. "I suppose others could have items or magic that allow them to teleport between places, as we've seen in those here." Wessex being the primary example. "The Climb, or the Capitol City to the south. I had brought some information to share on those today," he added, patting the bag he'd brought with its burden of books and notes. "It seems unlikely that a human would be from the dragon mountains or that wasteland Sam once mentioned," he finished with a nod to the bookmaker.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
I want roses set on fire
It seemed they were all stuck with reasons to keep them in the Grounds. Sam sighed, tried to consider if he could rescind his: it had been self-imposed, even if it were important. With enough of the council here to care for the Naturals, he supposed... "If we must find people to go to the other regions with our citizens, I will accompany the Naturals going to Halo or Torchline instead: whichever is easiest."

The matter of the mystery man was interesting and Sam listened though didn't have much to say: he had no idea where the fellow could be from nor how credible his claim about the snow was. Waiting to find out where he might be positioned for Longnight, he only drank his tea and paid attention to the ongoing discussion.
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Part of the problem was that the council members were also involved with a horde of other dilemmas, trials, and tribulations that surrounded LongNight’s reign. Years of experience for Naturals meant they stayed behind because they knew how to do handle themselves, the two other seasons of Outlanders stomping within meant they wanted to try and alter something so it went off better than the years prior, less death, less destruction. Deimos had once again immersed himself right into the same quandary, and as they went back and forth over who would stay, who would go, he sighed, miring and mulling over a series of possibilities. Samuel volunteered himself for Torchline, but Halo remained up in the air. “If we can discuss things with Evie, she would likely be the most capable for Halo.” She’d already been there after all, was more familiar, more acclimated. If they could get ahold of her via letter, or at an upcoming event, they might be better off. Otherwise, they’d have to find some other candidate. “I know Kiada is intending to go to Halo,” and his stare went straight to Rexanna, “She is not a council member, but she would be another set of eyes and strength.” The youth would likely yearn to take on such a role, prove herself, a representation of the Grounders. If the idea was dismissed, that was fine too, but it was an alternative to nothing at all.

As for the rest, he listened again, nodding in agreement towards one central location for the rest of them, save for the individuals who would stay tucked within their homes. The other individual noted via correspondence, however, was intriguing simply because the information came from elsewhere. If snow was coming soon, they could get started without delay (some portions he already had anyway)– save for the snow moss, which would come in Deepfrost. It simply meant they had no time to lose, and he had no issue with getting their work done ahead of time, especially if there was some other doom and gloom looming in the distance.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts