Personal Quest Love Shack, Baby
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe had officially moved to Torchline, living out of her fancy wagon that she had absolutely not stolen from Remi at all. Now it was time to get the brothel back in habitable condition.

She had posted a notice (see the Haulani Notice Board) requesting help - with an enticing discount no less - and Remi had gotten all of the supplies they needed in order to get the place fixed up. Though, staring at the crumbling remains of the building and the giant pile of supplies...she couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed. Ash still weighed down the roof, the various balconies and decks were destroyed, windows were broken, and the door still missing - and the inside was in no better shape.

But she was ready to work! Her long locks were tied up atop her head and she ditched the skirt in favor of work boots, knee-length leggings, and a loose tank top.

Now all she could do was wait, and hope people showed up at the requested time to lend a hand. Surely there were some people out there who wanted to see the local brothel rebuild, right?

This is the PQ to rebuild the local brothel: the Halenani! It's gonna be a bumpy ride folks because it is a HOT ASHY MESS (thanks Mr. Volcano).

Please post your character arriving! If the spots are already filled and you would still like to participate let Grant know!

1. Remi
2. Harper
3. Ronin
4.Lirsi
Honeybee, your soul is golden
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i've hidden all my fears in a book for only my eyes to see
"Sorry, did you forget to get dressed this morning?" Carrying all the items Phoebe had asked him to bring, the Alchemist dumped them in a heap at the entrance to the brothel. Given Phoebe's penchant for billowy-dresses and long curls, this look was shockingly revealing (though not, by Torchline's standards). 'Or worse, were you robbed?" Remi's tone was playful, the teasing of an older sibling who, because of a lack of blood relation (and being gay of course), could easily comment on Phoebe's sexuality without it being unnecessarily weird.

Glancing around, the street currently empty, the Alchemist crossed his arms. "I hope you don't mean for me to do all the work here. Especially since I won't even be reaping the benefits of this place." He grumbled with an easy grin.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
"You know very well that you won't be doing all of the work here. I doubt you'll even be doing some of the work, now that the real muscle has arrived." Ronin's tone was easy as he appeared coming from the other end of the street, just finishing off some pastry he'd gotten from one of the stalls on the beach front. Yes yes, he'd heard of this grand rebuilding of Torchline's house of pleasure. And while he couldn't say that Phoebe wouldn't have competition in that arena, he could at least offer whatever help he could.

"Just point me in the right direction, and I'll see what I can do," he said to Phoebe with a charming smile, dusting off his hands and bumping his shoulder playfully against Remi's, as if to claim the spot of 'manliest man'.

Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
a free bird soars, a caged bird sings
The notice had caught her eye, not due to the discount, but because she had been a prostitute for a few years past, and had heard awful tales about how brothels were run.

However, she had also never set foot in a brothel before and had the stories she heard to go off on. And she had heard rumors that, at times, a brothel was safer. As she arrived at the building site, she exhaled sharply. It was ash, and certainly not something that looked like it could be rebuilt. But, perhaps she'd earn an acquaintance or two.

Already there was the new governor and another man, and she smiled politely, turning her gaze to the ruined structure. "This should be fun..." She sounded amused, and carried herself in a happy-go-lucky manner, despite the sarcastic choice of words. She eyed the little blonde woman, surprised by the fact she looked so nice; she had not expected a madame of a brothel to be so... well, young.
shackled birds are trapped in illusions.
LIRSI

Code blatantly stolen from Sky. <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HARPER
"Did you take this sight unseen? Goodness, this will be a doozy." Harper strolls in on the heels of three people who are effective strangers to him, but that has certainly never stopped him before. They don't catch his attention at first, far more focused on the ash-covered dilapidated building before them. He runs a hand through his hair and tries to envision it whole and rebuilt, to judge its potential instead of the current state of it.

"Where would you like us to start?" With a cheery clap of his hands Harper turns to their new Madame, ready and willing to be directed and put to work to achieve her new goal. It seems a little too early to call it a dream considering she'd been tasked with it by Frey, but perhaps it can grow to be that.
some things take insane bravery
but after that, you'll be free
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out playfully at Remi as he teased her for her uncharacteristic attire. "Dresses and flats aren't exactly fit for construction work you know." she said a bit snidely - though her smirk would indicate it was all in good fun. Then Ronin walked up and she smiled at him warmly. "Thank you for coming. We will definitely need your help." she said. It was good, seeing the two of them together, both looking in good spirits.

Then a woman she didn't know stepped up, and she smiled at her warmly as well. "Hello, thank you for coming! I'm Phoebe." she said, introducing herself. And as Harper strolled up, she grinned. "Indeed I did!" she said, laughing lightly. Only an insane person would have signed up for this if they had seen it first after all.

When it seemed everyone who planned to show up had shown up, Phoebe clapped her hands. "Thank you for coming to help everyone, I really appreciate it! Clearly, there is a lot to be done so let's just jump right in!" she said, smiling at them all. "First thing's first, I'll be going up to sweep the ash off the roof. If someone could come with me just for safety that would be great. The two floors and the attic need to be completely brought down to the studs. I've managed to get all of the furniture out already, but floors, walls, ceilings - it all needs to come out for various reasons." Mold, smoke damage, unidentified fluid stains - better just to rip it all out. "If something seems salvageable, you can put it by the other supplies. Otherwise, there is a clearing in the back where things can be piled up to be burned later. Any questions?"

If not, Phoebe would grab a broom and head over to a ladder on the side of the building, prepared to head up.

Pick your jobs and get started!

ONE person needs to go with Phoebe to work on the roof.

The other THREE people need to demo the inside of the brothel.

No post order!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'Oh, well if the real muscle has arrived, perhaps I'll just make myself useful in other ways and pour everyone a drink. Or I could follow you around with a fan?" Remi nudged his husband affectionately, his grin entirely shit-eating and pleased. "He does need that, you know." The Alchemist added with a smirk. "Being pointed in the right direction, I mean."

Hearing that one of the jobs required demolition, Remi glanced towards Ronin. "Well, I ought to keep an eye on our muscle here. Make sure he doesn't cramp." Glancing between the woman and the man to see who would join them, the Alchemist gave the Star a playful shove to get him going.

What came next? Well. Indeed there was a good amount of muscle between the two. Remi pulled at boards, used a hammer to knock away whatever the medieval equivalent of drywall might be, and tugged up carpet. Without telekinesis he had to manually move the debris by hand, but given the scope of the renovations, Remi simply threw it all from the second window onto the ground where they could clean it up later.

Remi does demolition!

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Lirsi," she introduced herself easily, and listened to the choices. She wanted to get to know the madame better, and so she trailed after her, grabbing a broom and presenting herself with a grin.

"I've got some questions, but I supposed I can ask them while we work," she stated, confidently, with a grin. As she studied the roof, she undid her boots and left them by the ladder, before starting up, broom in hand. She was more than willing to believe in her ability to stay on a roof barefoot, than with shoes on.

"How will you run the brothel?" It was a broad question, one that she asked to see where Phoebe would take it, as she settled on the edge of the roof, seated for a moment so as to catch her breath.

Lirsi's got questions, Phoebe's got answers. She's gonna sweep the roof.
LIRSI

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
"Pouring drinks? Following me with a fan? You'd best be careful there, husband - I don't get that kind of treatment at home!" Ronin's good natured complaints continued as he was ushered away with Remi for some demolition, though he left his astral projection standing in his place to continue its help outside.

"At least once I'm pointed in the right direction I get on with it, and don't spend all my time making terrible jokes," he said to Remi with a shit-eating grin, taking up a hammer as well to continue his partner's efforts in knocking through walls and pulling up boards. Outside, his projection did its best to arrange the debris into some sort of manageable order, so they wouldn't get blocked in by it. "You know," he said conversationally to Remi, "a well placed shooting star would have this done a lot quicker."

Ronin does demolition!

Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HARPER
Harper doesn't know either of the men he's inevitably paired with, but he doesn't mind listening to them chatter and chortle about as he heads inside with them. Though something undeniably warms when the term 'husband' is spoken, something affirming settling in his chest at the relief that despite how his own home had been so advanced, perhaps this one will not leave him abandoned in terms of freedom of expression and sexuality.

He keeps to his own side of the brothel as they set to work, curiously eyeing their magical efforts whenever they're readily apparent. Harper has no such talents, and instead he uses the available tools to destroy the framework of the inside of the brothel, keeping up a steady, chipper hum of some old song to keep himself occupied.

Harper does demolition!
some things take insane bravery
but after that, you'll be free
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Change author:
from mixed drinks to techno beats it's always
Oh, James wasn't here to help. In terms of the PQ, he isn't' really here at all. Odd is just fucking about. He hasn't the...constitution for manual labour. Emotional manipulation? Sex work? Trafficking drugs up the arse? Those were more his speed. Still, the thief stood outside the dilapidated brothel, one arm across his chest while the other shaded his eyes.

"Torchline inspector here. Real nice work yer doin', keep that right up." He gave the thumbs-up signal to absolutely no one in particular. "Right, well I'll be back once this is all shipshape and will be needin' a meetin' with whoever is in charge." Again, said to no one in particular given everyone was working.

Pushing his finger against one nostril and blowing out the other, James gave the place a final nod of approval. Shifting into a snake, he curled up on a rock where it would be impossible to tell if he was actually watching the progression of the building, or sleeping.
heavy into everything

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe wasn't terribly surprised that the teams were separated into boys and girls - it made sense to have the lighter people up on the rickety roof and the more muscley fellows down tearing things out. What she didn't expect was an interrogation upon climbing up on top of the roof. "Oh, okay." she said with a warm smile. She didn't have anything to hide so she had no reason not to answer questions while they worked. The blonde clambered up onto the roof and set to sweeping ash off onto the ground. It didn't take long for near every inch of her to be covered in black.

"Well, I plan to run it like we are a family." she said. "I will make sure everyone gets their wages and are healthy and safe. This won't be a place where customers are allowed to take advantage of the workers. And I am a midwife by trade so there is really no one better to take care of their physical health either." she said with a bit of a shrug, focused on the task at hand.

Lirsi wouldn't have any trouble sweeping the soot and ash off the roof - but she would find lots of areas of damage so she had better watch where she stepped!

The three men inside the brothel were making good time on their work - Remi and Ronin perhaps more quickly than Harper given their literally semi-godly abilities. However, there was a lot that needed fixing. Most notably, the way in which the second floor had been constructed - it seemed no actual support beams had been put in and it was standing on luck and luck alone. Hopefully someone would notice that.

And James? Well, let sleeping snakes lie Phoebe supposed.

Lirsi needs to be careful since she has low luck and the roof is damaged beneath the ash!

Remi, Ronin, and @ harper are lucky bois and the second floor hasn't collapsed yet - but some sort of support needs to be worked out quick!

No post order!
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
Phoebe began to answer, and she listened, sweeping the roof slowly. It was a good thing too because she almost stepped smack on a weak spot, where heat had been too long in one spot. Making note of that, she continued to listen, nodding.

"That sounds like a really great idea. There's so many people in the profession, working the streets, and it's awful to see them beat up or starving," Though these same people she spoke of were often prime targets to steal from. "I'm glad to be helping to create something with such good intentions." She responded, finally, continuing to sweep.
LIRSI

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Terrible jokes? That doesn't sound like me at all." Remi quipped back with a playful grin. Tipping a nod towards Harper, the trio got to work. Without earth magic or creation magic to help reinforce things, the Alchemist was finding himself having to do things the old fashioned way. He tried not to let his frustration show, and though he and Ronin no longer could use the attuned bond to communicate, surely his husband would pick up on the small tells he was letting slip through.

"A well placed one, sure. You think you can manage that though?" Remi asked with a grin. "Just aim high. Last thing we need is for this floor to come crashing down."

Which, now that he said it out loud, seemed like something they out to take into account. Heading downstairs, Remi would look for beams or other sturdy materials they could use to reinforce the floors/ceiling. Once Ronin had finished the demolition by magical means, the Alchemist would begin the process of re-stabilizing.

Remi heads downstairs for beams to reinforce the floor/ceiling.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky