give me sweet nothings
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
IANTO
there's a bulletproof bond
Leafchange was rich with scents and colour, with the crunch of falling leaves and the feel of moss underfoot. And the Mathair was a vision in her beauty, her foliage on fire, her fruits bountiful. Many such morsels had tumbled down to her roots as the season progressed, ripe and hiding for any questing nose to find.

One such wanderer was making his rounds, wearing a fox's furs, ink tipped ears sharp for anyone approaching. Once he had established that no one was imminently nearby, Ianto made no attempt to hide his romping through the leaves, digging here and there to try and find whatever treats the Mathair had left behind.

He had heard it was a portal, of course - he had heard a lot of things, since he had sequestered himself away in the Greatwood after Arduinna's death - but nothing had tempted him away from the safety of the forest as of yet. Overhead a bright butterfly landed against the mighty trunk, and Ianto spied it with curious golden eyes. Snuffling up at the little creature, he was quite unimpressed when it fluttered on the attack, prompting a fair bit of rolling about in the leaves from the fox.

All in a day's work.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
Though Remi had been a poorly observant man as a predator, now, with fewer beasts within his soul to lend their instincts, he was nearly as clueless as a newborn lamb. So it was that he strolled through the Greatwood seemingly without a care. The rug had been swiftly pulled out from beneath his feet, but rather than collapsing to the ground, Remi found himself in some strange freefall that didn't quite make sense, wasn't quite solidified in his mind yet, but was...not that bad. Oh, the shoe would drop eventually, he wasn't so naive as to think Ludo had merely cleansed his soul and packed up its things.

But for now, for the first time in a year or more, Remi's soul was light.

Humming something golden and rich, the alchemist halted his trek towards the Mathair as he saw a fox flailing quite dramatically in the wake of a butterfly. Instantly a bright ball of emotion welled in Remi's throat, and had he an attuned link with which to communicate, Ianto might have received the full force of it right then and there. Instead, schooling his face into a smirk that failed to conceal his joy, the Alchemist crossed his arms and cleared his throat.

"With your luck, that butterfly will turn out to be a very large man keen to put you in your place." He called, then raised a hand to one ear. "And before you sass me back, you'll have to speak up. My sight is back, but my mental hearing is not so great at the moment."
And what good are hearts
if you bury them all alone?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
IANTO
Like any vulpine worth his salt, Ianto froze at the sound of the voice; Remi had caught him belly up, trying to swipe at the butterfly with a dark paw, and his head lolled back to regard the Alchemist. Honestly, everything within him might as well have frozen and melted again in that moment. Hiding from the world, the last thing Ianto had expected was to come across the man he’d once loved again, and he briefly wondered at fleeing again into the woods.

But then Remi spoke and he began to properly see him, to note that his eyes were clear and to listen to the other changes that he had undergone. Before him, the fox became a man sprawled on his back in the leaves, arms coming up to tuck beneath a head sporting unkempt, coppery locks.

”And what if I’d quite like a large man to put me in my place, eh?” he inquired, flashing a golden grin the Alchemist’s way. ”It’s been a long time, Remi.”
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Remi felt his breath catch as the fox shifted, but perhaps not in the way it might once have done. The flutter was low in his stomach now, rather than his heart. Part of him would always remember, would always want a life unled. But more and more now the Alchemist was simply thankful for what he had, and he'd not linger on the ghosts of what-might-have-beens with so elusive as Ianto. Time was too short for that.

Flashing the blue-eyed man an apologetic smile, Remi placed his hand over his heart and leaned forwards in a bow. "Well, if that butterfly was indeed such a man, you have most my sincere apologies." Straightening with a crooked smile, Remi nodded in agreement. He let himself drink Ianto in for just a moment—all copper hues and too-blue eyes—before tugging in a breath and nodding.

"It has. Nearly a year, I think." Ghosts aside, Remi couldn't help his joyful smile as it widened. "It's good to see. Nicer still, to remember you fully this go around."
And what good are hearts
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"Oh, pish. You need not bow to me," Ianto scoffed and stretched out, before rolling lazily to his feet. His coat was covered in leaves, colouring him in Leafchange, and he didn't bother to sweep them away. The fox was perhaps a little thinner these days, a little sharper around the edges. But there was no collar around his neck and his blue eyes were rich with mischief and contentment, so the Greatwood seemed to be treating him very, very well.

He might have told Remi not to bow, but that didn't stop Ianto in turn, and he was grinning as he straightened back up. "Nearly a year, you say? My, how time flies when you don't have many to talk to," he said, his accent lilting around the words. "What have you been doing with yourself?"
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"Well, it's the least I can do seeing as I might have ruined what could have been a perfectly fulfilling afternoon for you." Remi said of the lost and long-gone butterfly.

Snorting at that, the Alchemist raised a skeptical brow. "I imagine you could get a tree to chat to you if you really put your mind to it." Ianto rarely falling into a silence he didn't want to be in; such had been Remi's experience, anyways. "Oh, a little of this, a little of that. Some good things, some bad." He shrugged, the thick mound of scars across his throat shifting with every swallow.

"Though what will probably knock your socks off the most is this:" Standing up straighter, chin held slightly up, Remi struck his most political-portrait stance for just a moment, before cracking a smile towards the fox. "I've become Governor of a land called Torchline. Booze, beaches, and general shenanigans abound." There was no use in bringing up dead daughters or demi-god status. Time later perhaps, but with Ianto, it was hard to pin down just how much time one had.
And what good are hearts
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"Oh, I daresay I could. Only problem is that they're terrible conversationalists, mostly," Ianto agreed about the tree, leaning casually against the Mathair now as he regarded Remi. He offered an understanding nod about the Alchemist's vague reply - some good, some bad was something the fox could relate to. He would have to be blind not to see the scarring across Remi's throat, and while once upon a time he might have surged forward to see if his friend was alright, the distance of time kept him where he was.

Raising his eyebrows, he braced himself for the particularly exciting news, having to resist the urge to confess to Remi that he didn't wear socks. "Torchline, you say?" He smiled crookedly. "And you are Governor of the place? My, you really have gone up in the world," he said. "I'm happy for you. I imagine you were on your way back, in that case? This being a portal, apparently." He nodded at the Mathair.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
The Alchemist tutted at that, though his smile never wavered. He and Ianto had never properly regained their footing after all that had happened, and though their bridges could no longer be forged by smoke and drink and passing out in each other's arms on the floor of a small house, Remi was content with merely catching sight of the fox again.

"I've gone somewhere to be sure. Whether it's up is yet to be seen." The Alchemist corrected. With a glance towards the Mathair, Remi nodded. "Yes. I had...business with Delphia here." Presumably Ianto knew who that was. Even without Arduinna's influence, Remi assumed the fox still had a good handle on the comings and goings of the Woods.

'You know...there are a good deal of colourful folk to speak with in Torchline. Mermaids, even." The Alchemist said with a sly casualness. "Plenty of food as well. And sun. You're looking a little thin, if you don't mind my saying so."
And what good are hearts
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"Well, you have your sight back, and you're out of the Hollowed Grounds. I'd say that was up in every sense of the word," Ianto said, a smile creeping back across his face. That, however, was banished entirely once again as Delphia's name passed the Alchemist's lips. "Everything alright?" he asked; he did indeed recognise the name, and knew Delphia from her travels through the Greatwood. He also knew who she was and what that entailed, and Remi having reason to go and see her was not necessarily a positive thing.

As for Torchline? Ianto shrugged. "You're looking a little scarred. I doubt Torchline or the Grounds will change that, though," he said. "I know about the place - a friend of mine jumped through the portal as soon as he was able to go home. I'm not sure yet that I feel the same way about travelling anymore. The Greatwood is safer to me than it ever has been."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Meeting his friend's gaze, whatever silent communication facilitated by the attuned bond was sorely missed just now. Biting at the inside of his lip, searching the fox's features that could sorely use some sun, Remi offered a flash of a smile before looking down at the autumn foliage. "No, it isn't." He answered honestly. "But in time it will be."

Glancing up, a hand at his throat, the Alchemist shook his head with a smirk. "Oh this? I did this to myself, before Torchline." He countered. Ignoring whatever feelings hearing of Ianto's friend might have inspired, the Alchemist let his head loll challengingly to one side, fixing the fox with a smirk. "Safe, sure. But boring. Quiet. And, soon to be covered with more snow than anyone has use for." Remi pointed out.

"Besides, you're a merchant after all, and Torchline has a bustling economy like none you've ever seen. You'll be sold out of your wares in a heartbeat and would be lusted after by the greediest lot."
And what good are hearts
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
The understanding, suddenly, that things were absolutely not alright, combined with the news that Remi had hurt himself... that had Ianto sobering somewhat. He straightened up from the Mathair, his hands buried in his pockets, and finally took a few steps towards his old friend. "Things are not as up as they seem, then," he said by way of apology. "I hope they get better for you soon, Remi. I really do. And if there's anything I can do..." Trailing off, Ianto scoffed at himself and didn't bother to finish. He was unreliable and they both knew it.

"Boring and quiet, with nary a Fae godmother to be seen. No Spire demons, no blight, no problems," he said simply, shrugging his shoulders. "Once I lived for adventure, but I'm afraid I'm weary of it, these days. Not even the beach will change that. Besides, what of my wagon? I doubt it will travel with me."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Remi watched Ianto near almost warily. It wasn't that he didn't want his friend close, but the line of appropriateness between them was buried beneath the thick layer of Leafchange debris that he hadn't any idea where it was.

"They have been." Remi replied immediately, shaking his head to ward off the apologetic tone. And then, in a way that probably wasn't fair, Remi gave the fox a too-earnest stare. "You could come with me." He said, then swallowed. "I've missed having a friend like you around."

Hearing Ianto's excuses for what they were, Remi merely shrugged. "No demons nor blights on the beaches either. No adventure, if you don't want it. Just lots of fish and birds not unlike chickens to chase." The Alchemist gave the merchant a mischievous smile he hoped his friend would find tempting.

Glancing around as if expecting the wagon to have suddenly appeared, Remi just nosed towards the Mathair. "Right well, no need to commit. You could just...follow me through for a visit then. Just an hour. See if a sunset on the either side of the world is to your liking."
And what good are hearts
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
It wasn't easy to hold that stare after so long, and Ianto glanced predictably away after a few seconds, his smile tired and sad all of a sudden. For all the mischief and bluster, the tensions between them were still very much unresolved. "And what would your husband think of you having a friend like me?" he wondered, gazing with intense interest down at the foliage.

Scoffing as Remi tried to sell Torchline to him, he shrugged his shoulders. "There's nothing wrong with the Greatwood," he told him simply. "A visit for an hour would turn into a day, or a week, and then suddenly I'm away forever. I've got nothing to go there for, Remi. You've got a home, though. You should get back to it."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
At that, Remi could only tilt his head back and laugh with boyish ease. "I think Ronin might think you're a bit to thin to be much of a threat just now." He chuckled, cheeks happily flushed with amusement. It wasn't for him to say that he'd given Ronin a hall-pass indefinitely, nor that their relationship was more secure now than it had ever been. Wasn't for him to say either than his craving for the fox was more emotional than physical and would likely remain that way (unless strong drink was involved). So instead he simply smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Your concern for my marriage is duly noted, not that I find it persuasive in the least."

The fox's excuses were a bit like his gold teeth: he always had a mouthful of them.

'No, nothing except these long endless silences you told me about." The Alchemist countered. Folding his arms over his chest, Remi strolled towards the Mathair. Which was to say, towards Ianto. Clucking his tongue and shaking his head, eyes bright and cheeks dimpled, the Alchemist didn't seem at all put off by his friend's opposition. " None of your melancholy." He scoffed happily.

"Nothing but a sunset on the other side of the world. You're a story teller Ianto, so come along. There's gems to let you breathe underwater, birds to let you walk upon it. Mermaids and barmaids and at night, the sands shine as if with their own stars. Honestly, your stories will suffer for not having been there."
And what good are hearts