cut the cable on every table I lose
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
There's little more to be said in the meeting. Sunjata had been concise and well-spoken (as always, a traitorous part of her heart whispers) and the news - while important - had not been lengthy. Hotaru lingers as the others depart, idly tapping her crossed leg in the air as her hands flex uncertainly around the edge of the ring she sits upon. She shouldn't feel like an outsider. She is Sunjata's right hand, she is likely no more than a half-remembered hookup in Nate's mind, she is a friend. Of one, at least. Whether it's the season, her grief, or the undeniable closeness the two men exhibit, she feels like an outsider all the same. The fact that the two remain behind without speaking to one another is sign enough to Hotaru, who has been reading people all her life. An assumption rooted in her own broken-heartedness perhaps, but there the seed lies and there she shall let it remain until uprooted.

It's a bit of a jump down to the floor - the ring itself is lifted, and she's far from a tall woman - but she lands with a soft thump of her heels. It takes a courage she doesn't have (fake it till you make it, darling) to stride up to the two men as if she isn't bruised beneath the eyes, too obviously haggard and off-centered. Instead she gives a shuttered smile Nate's way, and a quick wink that's more habit than heart. But Sunjata is the one she focuses on. "I didn't want to say it around the others just in case, but I canvased the Palace just recently. I've been keeping contact inside as much as I can, in case you have...use of me." The words falter just slightly, barely perceptible, but she knows he's too sharp to let it pass unnoticed. So she gives him something else to chew on. "Loren has been a wealth of information." She tries on a suggestive expression, one she weirdly hopes Nate won't find offensive. The implication lies in the curl of her smile, the soft purr of her tone, unaware of the connection between the two men. But it's information all the same, and she'd be remiss to not mention it at the meeting's end.

She has done her duty. That's all she's here for.
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
the sea speaks a little more honestly
Most of the members filter out, and that leaves Nate and Hotaru behind. Though there is a bit of a surprise that Hotaru remains, concealing it under the idea of her likely having a reason to remain. He’d tried to remain mostly hands off with her, after everything that he’s done – but they’d still managed to build their lanterns together in this very building, and there’s a part of him that shares in the grief he can so clearly see written on her face.

He knows her well enough to see beneath the mask.

So as she approaches, offering information and a wink Nate's way, he offers her a slightly small smile when her bi-toned eyes land on him. And he gives her all of his attention, brows quirking up ever so slightly with the downcast, faltering tone – so unlike her that the concern grows. The mention of Loren however, has that brow raising ever so slightly before he glances to Nate with a slightly apologetic smile, turning to reach behind the counter he’d been standing against to grab a small black box.

Turning back to her, he hands it to her – refraining from the urge to tuck that blonde hair behind her ear. “Ru… You’re always needed. You’re the second in command, after all.” He tries to urge the point home – that regardless of what happened between them, that she was valued. “That being said, I found this on the steps of the Guild. It’s a serum of some sort, and I can’t think of anyone who could use it better than you.” A softer smile to that. “Unlike the last gift I gave you, please don't use this one on me.” He tries to add some of that traditional humor into it, smile growing a bit wider, elbow swinging out to nudge into Nate if he's there.

"I take it you two have met?"
to those who are willing to drown
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
– NATE –
It should be no surprise that Hotaru lingers when the meeting ends, just like it should not have been a surprise when she walked in the first time, and yet, here Nate is, surprised. He hasn't seen her since their night on the beach, what feels like ages ago with how much has happened since. For some reason, there is a sense of wanting to impress her, wanting to not be judged for poor choices, though Nate is making far less of those as of late.

The grin is reciprocated easily, a little wider than he would do normally to meet her wink with a flash of his fangs, but he is quiet past that, letting her share her business, letting Sunjata respond. And watching the both of them, noting the struggle, the glances thrown towards him, of all people. Like somehow he had any bearing on whatever they weren't talking about. Like he was doing anything other than being a strange voyeur in their drama.

The elbow that presses into him pulls his focus, his grin back properly, Nate straightening just a little to lean in towards Hotaru. "We have met. It was too long ago for my liking though." He laughs, not knowing any other way to try to ease the awkwardness than to push past it, cover it over with laughter. "I didn't know we moved in the same circles." He offers Hotaru directly, wondering in the moment before he did it if it was too obvious to tilt his head back towards Sunjata.
I’m in trouble for the things I haven’t got to yet
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
HOTARU
For a moment she's confused as to why Sunjata turns away from her, but the vial that glints in his palm a moment later quells her spike of anxiety that perhaps she has made some sort of error. Hotaru is too good at subtlety to ignore what he's trying to say, and her responding smile is an attempt at comforting, at easing away his constant concern that somehow he has hurt her. (He has, but he can't know that. He has, but she can't say it. Can't feel it.) "I sure hope so, if that ever changes I'd at least like the courtesy of a prior warning," she teases in response, knowing he'd never strip away her title like that without her consent. Or her death, if the current trend of this guild is any clue. Elegant hands pluck the vial from his, and she twirls it around with a curious gaze. "And what does it do? Certainly something fun if you fear it." Though she still gives him a reprimanding look for the tasteless joke. Hotaru has considered many things by way of revenge against Sunjata in her dark moments, but stabbing him with the dagger he'd gifted her is simply not classy.

Nate is a welcome distraction from their guild leader, and she slips the vial carefully away into her cardigan pocket as she turns and regards him with a warm expression. "I'd offer to renew that time period, but you seem rather attached currently." It's not easy to say, to make light of the ache in her breast that somehow includes both men. Recalling the way Nate had held her in his arms, the hesitant touch of his hand against her hip, and the contrasting surety of the one against her bitten thigh. Whether he confirms her unspoken question or not, does it matter? But even in her worst hour, she is still a viable actress, and she summons the surety of her well-practiced smirk to hide behind. "I'm sure there's a lot you don't know about me, handsome. Isn't that the fun of this guild?" Distract, redirect, whatever she must do to escape this conversation without admitting she has such fickle and unreliable things as emotions. Yuck.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
I doubt it ever will.” He hums to her easily, a huff of a laugh slipping from his throat before she’s twirling it around, a curious gaze lingering in those bi-toned eyes that has a slight smirk crossing his face that’s both somewhat fake and somewhat honest as he cocks his head toward her. “A truth serum.” He explains, before the smirk begins to falter and he turns toward Nate with an outstretched elbow to try and change the subject.

Still, his gaze flickers between the two with a hint of interest, of the chime of Nate’s laughter, the double meaning that even Sunjata gets. And some sheen of redness comes to the back of his neck as he exhales quietly, turning his gaze back to Hotaru with a look that seems to suggest that she knows why, with the history between him and the Valkyrie.

He can see her attempt to redirect, and his gaze narrows in on her a small amount. And he doesn’t particularly care that Nate’s there to overhear the concern that’s about to lace his voice before he swallows it down – though he knows she might, which helps keep his tongue held. Still, he hopes Hotaru can trust Nate as much as she trusted him once upon a time. “Why don’t you two get reacquainted, and I’ll bring the drinks. I think we can agree we all need it.” A raise of his brow to that, head jutting toward the sitting area in the corner before he slips away once more.

He goes behind the counter to grab a few glasses and a bottle, searching for something strong as Hotaru had given him once upon a time – a momentarily reflection of the night he’d stayed with her as a complete mess, to hear story upon story, to share before he’d destroyed that. After a fair bit of time of searching for the right bottle, he snags it and aims to return to the pair.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
– NATE –
Nate's brows raise a little at the offer Hotaru seems to float, the question she isn't quite asking, and he finds himself glancing towards Sunjata, smirking at the redness spreading along his neck, his ears. "I guess I'm not making as many solo decisions these days," bright blue eyes turn back to Hotaru, Nate taking his turn to wink now, in the interest of making some of this feel less heavy, "but I can't say I'd be opposed to any kind of renewing."

It doesn't quite feel like the right way to be easing tension, despite everything, and Nate is glad for the shift in the subject, glad for the distance Sunjata offers, strangely enough. He steps closer to Hotaru, reaching out to put a gentle hand on her shoulder, and turn towards the sitting area the guild-leader had gestured to. There's no hesitation in the touch, but no insistence either, just a light pressure for her to lean into if she should need it. Better than any words he could offer, any fumbling question he wants to ask. So he relies on just his hand for any heavy lifting, and tries to dance around with his words. "There's lots I have to learn about you, you mean." He smiles, trying again to reach out with anything other than bluntness.

One of the seats is filled by Nate immediately, once they reach them. It feels a little strange to be towering over the woman, for whatever reason, though it doesn't stop his questioning gaze, head cocked to the side as he looks her over. Wonders again at the things he has no business in. As he chews on his words, wondering what exactly to say. "It was a little nice to hear you've been in Halo." Nate offers after a moment, rushing to add to his words when he realizes how that must sound. "I was worried you were just avoiding me."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
The assurance is more of a comfort than his prior attempt, and she preens beneath it in a way that's at least partially sincere. She hasn't been able to do as much for the guild as she'd like - people are far too placid here it seems - but she's proud of her position nonetheless. As such her eyes take on a hawkish gleam to them at what she holds in her hands, mischief and mayhem dancing in the shadow of her curved lips as she slips it away lest he try and take it back. "Oh it's definitely mine now." But even her soft laughter can't seem to dispel the tension, and it twists angrily in her gut, accusing Hotaru of being the wrench in this particular plan. Sunjata's red-warmed features help to distract her momentarily, but Nate eyeing it with a grin only brings it back full force. She wants to seethe, to disappear and figure out why the hell she's so out of control, but she can't. It would only be waving a red flag in front of them when they can already smell defeat. A confession of guilt. But she hates this man for being so easy to love, so magnetic and charming. She hates that even the single night she'd allowed herself with Nate, the one moment of pretending she'd guiltily fallen into just before sleep had claimed her, even that is now tainted. It is easier to hold onto the anger than it is to admit to the hurt, to the depth of emotion she still won't face when she looks at Sunjata.

"I wouldn't turn down an offer that good," she responds slyly to Nate instead, these particular dance steps familiar. Teasing, promising, insinuating more. She is relatively sure Sunjata wouldn't say no if it were anyone else but her, but what it would mean in an overarching sense makes it easier for her to imply her own consent. Because she knows it won't happen, knows Sunjata will not risk that again. Maybe because he is aware of her weakness, her inability to keep things simple and straight with him (not to mention Nate himself). Instead she keeps her eyes firmly fixed on Nate, all the more when Sunjata excuses himself. This seems an awful lot like an intervention, and the reflex to escape is crawling up her throat.

It's calmed only by that gentle hand, the same one that had so transfixed her in their night together. Damn him and his unfairly captivating touch, but she leans into it gratefully all the same. Here is someone who does not know her shame, her secrets. Who does not know the pitiful creature lurking behind the powerful woman she is on most days. Today is just...not most days. His attempts work beautifully, and her smile is warmer when she turns it on him as she alights upon the chair beside him, grateful that he does not poke and pry into places still tender and unwilling to scar. "If you're up to such a task." But there is allowance in her eyes, a rare chance for him to know her more. If Sunjata has attached himself to this man, she can trust him, more than her own stomach has told her she can. Of that she's sure.

"I had no reason to avoid you at all," she assures softly, in an undertone just for him as she hears glass clinking wherever Sunjata disappeared to. He'd left her with nothing bad to say of him, and more than a few dreams with distorted versions of his bright eyes and blood-tinged lips to accompany her in the north. "But I'm glad to see you again, for what it's worth." The last part slips away from her, but her expression never changes, serene and sincere. She is happy for them both, even if they won't say out loud what they are to one another. "You'll have to excuse him. He's exaggerating in his worry." She playfully tilts her wrist to where Sunjata is emerging, hoping to do a little damage control, to ease this down to a playing field she can manipulate once more.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The comment of renewing does have Sunjata’s brow raising ever so slightly, a soft chuckle leaving him at the thought. So they had delved a bit more into intimate affairs than he had originally anticipated. And subconsciously, Sunjata wonders if she’d electrocuting him as well. Wonders what it might have been like to have teeth like Nate to emerge that fiery vixen beneath the surface.

But he turns, regardless, leaving them to their own devices while he fiddles to find the glasses and the bottle, something to take the edge off. And perhaps he might have taken a shot behind the counter when the two of them weren’t looking – too caught up in talking with one another before his return. Already he can feel it burn down his throat, relieving some of it as he inhales deeply, and approaches as they settle in their seats, speaking to one another – and somehow he feels like the outsider now, not knowing the history between them.

Not like it matters much, really, not as he arrives and begins to pour the glasses – handing one to Hotaru first with a playful wink. “I’m actually going to be heading to Halo in a few days.” He rumbles, pouring the next glass and handing it to Nate before pouring his own and sitting in a seat beside the both of them, stretching out his long legs before him and leaning back a small amount. “Hopefully you haven’t said too many bad things about me to Loren, though the last encounter I had with him was less than stellar.” He hums with a laugh, a fanged smile of amusement sent toward Hotaru and then to Nate after – recalling when Loren had slipped away conveniently before the dragon story could emerge.

Please give him a little shock next time you see him.” Another hum of a laugh to that, tipping the glass back as he focuses on Hotaru.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
– NATE –
It's always a gamble, touching someone, especially someone he's spent time with in bed, but Nate is glad that his hand is appreciated here, is leaned into by Hotaru. His touch keeps up until she sits as well, and then he pulls his hand back, to rest his chin on his fist as he finds her mismatched eyes. "I'm up for anything, really. I've been getting lots of experience lately forcing my way through walls." The words come out lightly, but there's a slight nod behind them, appreciation for the chance he knows he's being offered. Hotaru is similar to him in that way, never wanting to lose too much control, never wanting to hand it over to anyone else, and he's glad for even the chance to get closer.

The soft understanding flashes away from his face as Sunjata returns, heralded by the sound of glass and the slight smell of something strong. "I'm glad to see you again too. I was worried." He is worried, the slightest bit, by the tension that returns as the attuned does, though Nate does what he can to not let it affect him, turning easily to accept his glass when it comes. He doesn't sip it, just holds it and hums, turning to look at Sunjata. "What're you going back for?" It might a hook towards more neutral conversation, but he is genuinely interested.

His nose curls when Loren comes up again, Nate barely keeping his whole face from twisting. The first mention had been easy to ignore, tied up in business, but this brought back something more personal. "Less than stellar?" He snorted, then turned to Hotaru. "I was going to fucking hit him if he didn't leave right then." Not to mention what he might have done if he'd actually heard the dragon story, something he'd been intentionally avoiding. "Hope he's been treating you better." His glass is lifted and tilted towards Hotaru, a wry grin replacing the quick anger that had spread over his features, more forced than before.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
Hotaru has quite a lot of experience with subtlety, but Nate's particular brand of it is both admirable and vexing. There's an entire language of unspoken words, and yet Nate cuts to the heart of it without fail every time. She gives him a helpless shrug of her shoulders, because she knows she's not easy to get close to. Knows how hard it had been to get close to Sunjata herself. "It's an art, and I admire you for it. I'm sure he does as well." Using Sunjata as a convenient conversational shield. But she doesn't hide away from his gaze, his questions. That, at least, is something she can do to respect his efforts at breaking down her own walls. The success of the attempt will have to be seen.

"You don't need to worry about me handsome, I'm just fine." She reaches out habitually to squeeze his knee comfortingly, even if he can't necessarily feel it. Hotaru is leagues away from fine in this dark season of mourning and loss, sinks further the more she's subjected to the keen eyes of these two men she has come to care for, but at least she can take care of herself physically. Nate has nothing to worry about in that sense. Instead she spins back to best view the both of them as Sunjata picks a chair, gratefully tipping her glass at him in a mimicry of a toast before taking a hearty swallow. Praying it calms her nerves instead of tightening them.

Nate's question comes in the aftermath of the burn, and she tilts her head towards the doctor in a silent 'what he said'. Curious as to what Sunjata might need in the place Lusea died. "I don't think he's aware we even know each other, though I'm certainly curious what he did or said to garner that reaction," she says with a mild degree of amused incredulity, pointing at Nate with the hand on her glass. Though she snorts alcohol as she goes for her next drink, the unintentional implications from both men making her laugh and splutter, setting the glass down to clear her airways as her eyes water from the sting, shoulders shaking in helpless mirth. "Oh darling I already have, and unfortunately he enjoyed it just as much as you did. In fact he encouraged me to move to Halo instead, so it seems to have had the opposite effect." A small admission, a lifeline thrown out, wondering how they will react. If they will tell her it's a ridiculous idea, as she privately hopes someone might do. That they will want her enough to ask her to stick around. But she licks her lips clean of the alcohol and turns to Nate. "He's...well, he treats me well. But I'm not sure what he wants of me." Because everyone wants something, and Loren's assumed desire of easy sex - complicated by him asking to get to know her better - is something she can't quite compute.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The conversation that takes place prior to him is one that he can easily ignore, but Nate’s question reaches him and he offers the Ascended a slightly apologetic smile for not telling him sooner, before it shifts into something almost feline as he surveys the group. “I have to tell him he’s not welcome in Torchline.” He offers with a slight shrug, imagining how well that will go (because I can’t fuckin read so we’ll need some damage control), before he settles back in his seat, brows raising to Nate’s response. He hadn’t expected Nate to have that sort of reaction.

He walked away after I mentioned he dropped a fucking dragon on me.” He rumbles, though the smile that crosses his face then is hinting at some bit of humor as the alcohol works its way through his system, slowly but surely. He lifts his shirt up then with the arm that’s almost blacked out with the tattoos that sit along it, revealing both scars on each side of his body. The first one, while impressive, is only one long swipe up his side now, but he ignores it for the trio of them that reach from hip to shoulder. “He was drunk and I offered to brawl, thinking we’d just fist fight or something. But no, he has to use his magic. Hit me with a wave and eventually summoned a dragon and fucked me up. Healed me, and then wanted to fight again because I apparently didn't make the rules clear enough.” His lip curls at the memory before Hotaru’s reaction to his next comment of electricity and shock has him chuckling brightly.

There’s a huff and a roll of his eyes to that, loosened up by the alcohol as he gives her a feline smirk. “Oh? So I’m assuming he actually knows how to fuck a woman now?” A raise of his brow to that. “Lusea and I had to show him how, you know.” A tilt of his head before the laughter cuts through, dying softly as she answers Nate’s question and he leans in his seat a bit more toward the Ascended briefly, gaze flickering to land on Hotaru once more.

He’s been with Sam.” He offers, gaze flickering to Nate with that tidbit of information (also because it’s before he finds out that they’re not a thing anymore) as he tilts his head a bit back toward Hotaru. “I’d just… Be careful if I were you. If you plan on taking him up on it.” Though it’s clear from the slight frown that forms on his face that he doesn’t particularly like the idea.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
– NATE –
"Can't help worry about some people. Some of them like to make stupid choices, like running off to some frozen wasteland without saying goodbye." A bright smile accompanies the words, keeps them jokey, away from the danger of too serious, too close. It feels a little more like he's manoeuvring properly now, finally in step with the dance they're doing. His hand comes out, a single finger resting on the back of her hand.  

Nate can't help the snort into his drink as Sunjata explains why he's going away. It wasn't as if he was going to be upset at being left out of the loop anyway, but this makes the apologetic smile unnecessary. "What'd he do to earn a ban?" Probably some boring interpersonal drama, but gossip was gossip, and Nate liked to involved in as much of everyone elses business as he could.

He can't help the sidelong glance towards the body he knows so well now, focusing on just the scars, his face twisting all over again as he does. "It... wasn't just that. That didn't help, but I was going to hit him because of how he touched you." Nate reached out then, the hand not cradling his drink coming to pat condescendingly at Hotaru's face, his head tilting towards her as if to ask if she would be okay with it, then his fingers quickly patting out an apology before he sat back again, turning to Sunjata to actually focus on the dragon story. And grow angry all over again. Nate has to actually work to keep silent for the moment, his leg bouncing as he tries to contain everything, eventually managing to growl out a "Fucking prick."

Though it didn't do anything for him, it did feel better to throw back his drink, and focus entirely on what Hotaru was saying, mention of electricity and Sunjata grabbing his focus quite handily, his brows lifting as he imagined it, trying to ignore the spark of jealousy that came from the fact that he'd not gotten to experience it. "You had to show him?" Nate hummed, a mean smirk coming to his face. He almost turns to Hotaru to ask who'd been the better novice, though he cuts himself off, clearing his throat to stop the words. He wasn't going to be that petty.

"Being with Sam didn't stop him fucking me." Maybe he was going to be that petty. Nate leaned in towards Sunjata's gaze, trying to pull some calm from them before he replied to Hotaru. "I wouldn't consider it. It feels desperate, y'know?" There is no attempt to hide his contempt for the idea, no slight frown or dancing around it. He's too keyed up for it. . "Besides, if you go to Halo, someone's gonna whine when we visit."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
A slight flush overtakes her ears and cheeks at the harmless chastisement, his hand brushing against hers where it rests upon his knee. "Stupid seems a heavy word," she pouts playfully, but there's a gratitude that warms her heart that he cared (cares?) enough to have worried at all. "Consider the lesson learned."

Sunjata revealing that his business in Halo is to inform Loren he's unwelcome has her brows climbing, mildly astonished at such an intense reaction to whatever it is he'd done. But Nate is ahead of the game with asking why, and she's quite curious to know herself. The story that follows has her lips pulling into a frown. Precisely why she's not a big fan of alcohol, and she doesn't fault Sunjata for the grudge he holds considering what apparently went down. As she's parting her lips to respond, she's taken aback as Nate's hand Pat's against her face, giving him a bewildered look even as she remains perfectly still beneath his touch. Only once his words register does her expression melt into something sly. "Jealousy is a good look on you," she teases, still half-hearted at best but at least feeling less out of control as time wears on with these two at her side and a dwindling glass of alcohol in her hand.

"He has been getting around," she confirms vaguely, not one to kiss and tell regarding the skill of a lover. He seems to have vastly improved since his time with Sunjata and Lusea at least if their time on the beach is any indication. Their advice on the move makes her smile, happy that they care enough to earn her, even if her mind is still restless with the notion. "I'm sure he wouldn't encourage me for his own gains, he's not looking to be tied down as far as I know, much less by someone like me." It's so easy to say, an elegant shrug of her shoulders following as she drains the rest of her glass. "Though I'm setting up a spa and hotspring there, so I may have no choice." Her own desires are not to be ignored after all. Loren had claimed he could handle her in her entirety, but had also wished her luck in finding someone to love her in a romantic, dedicated sense. He is a confusing man, and the conversation occupies her thoughts most days. Tormenting her with her own pathetic desire to have more than this life of casual sex and getting hurt by hoping for too much. It's a pathetic curse that she despises, and she will continue on in her own machinations no matter her inner desires, but it keeps her awake nonetheless.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Something about Remi and his relationship.” He turns a small amount toward Nate with a raised brow to see if the Ascended remembers. “His reaction at the Festival of Lights.” He adds a bit smoothly before shrugging his shoulders and focusing a bit, pausing between explaining the dragon story to let his gaze linger on Nate a bit longer, a softer smile to the admission that’s reflected in his gaze, watching as he goes to mimic the pat on Hotaru and Sunjata can see just how patronizing it had appeared. Hotaru’s comment goes past him as he nods to Nate. “Ah, I get it.” He offers, briefly before telling the dragon story.

At the end though, he can practically feel the flame that burns beneath Nate’s skin in the air, reaching out a hand to run gently along Nate’s shoulder as a tether of sorts, a smile to tell that he’s fine as if it wasn’t already evidenced by the fact that he sat here with them, breathing, and that there was little to be done about it. He huffs a quiet chuckle to the moving conversation, lifting the glass to his lips again as he focuses on Hotaru when she adds onto the fact Loren has slept with her as well.

You’re not exactly one to tie down yourself, Hotaru.” He says quietly, retracting the hand from Nate to lean forward and get a bit closer to Hotaru, to pour more into her glass, uncaring if she continues to drink from it. “You do have a choice. You always do.” An avian tilt of his head, a comment back from something she had tried to ingrain into his own thick skull. “And Nate’s right. I’d complain every fucking step.” A wink given to Hotaru, before he reaches out to rest his hand on her knee if she lets him. “Just… Remember what I said and don’t let him make you do something you’ll regret. Deal?” He rumbles, referring to the conversation at the VlamVloed after the bar had been trashed.

She deserved someone so much better to focus her attention on. He didn’t think he was worth it, nor Loren… And the thought of her with the summoner does dampen his mood a small amount.
SUNJATA