the comic sans of humans
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Fuck it was good to be back in Torchline. Much as James enjoyed his time with the fox and all his fine tobaccos and body parts, there was nothing like the sun and the sand to thoroughly chaff all the parts of the thief that had grown too soft.

Day drunk on the sand bar, the thief wore little more than just a bit of bright cloth tied around his waist. At the right (or wrong, depending) angle, James' bait and tackle were on full display. Not that he minded of course.

Humming something entirely inappropriate under his breath, one arm slung over his eyes, the thief waggled his toes in time with the shanty drunkenly leaving his lips.
{steps on my own emotions and grinds
them into the dirt with my heel} anyways.
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Delta
One thing that her father said to do was not beach herself... but that didn't mean she couldn't get close to shore. As long as she was able to swim away, it was fine and that absolutely was the case in this moment. It wasn't that she purposefully tried to find men who were naked... no. Call it bad luck. She saw a bright red cloth and instantly it caught her eye. Bright red was a gorgeous color and, well, Delta wanted it... until she swam closer and realized it was a human who was.... very unclothed. Not bothered by his 'bait and tackle' in the slightest, Delta tilted her head as she stared at him. How peculiar. Was he okay? Or had he died out on the beach?

Only one way to find out. Poking her head above the water, Delta stared forward at the man. "Hello?" She called out, hoping she could get some sort of movement out of the man.
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
James snorted a bit as Delta called out. Smacking his lips slightly, he waved a hand in her direction though his eyes didn't open at all. "Yeah love, be with you in just a sec." The man slurred, both drunkenly and sleepily.

Rolling over, face pressed into the sand such that his mouth hung open and drool started pouring out, a large gemstone flopped onto the ground next to him. Gods knew where he'd been hiding it, given how sizeable it was. "Jus- 5 more minutes howbout." He added, snuggling his cheek further into the warm sand.
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
What a strange human being. He had a very unique accent and was clearly intoxicated beyond belief, just judging by the way he responded to her. At least he wasn't dead?

Delta watched as the mouthbreather rolled over and almost smashed his face into the sand. The fact that this man thought she was going to follow along with his silly units of time in this moment was hilarious. Rolling her eyes, she called out to him. "I hope you realize it's very easy to drown in sand. It'd be a real shame if that happened to you!" Maybe that'd get him going. If not... ouch. Sand in the mouth is not a pleasant experience. It's like shoving a bunch of tiny rocks in ones mouth and seeing how these mouthbreathers pride themselves on their culinary talents... sand probably isn't an appetizing thing to consume. Then again, what does Delta know. She's just a mermaid.
James Aiféala

Change author:
Pretending to indeed drown in the sand, James not-so-subtly rolled himself towards where the sand bar disappeared into the ocean. His mouth opened and closed like a drowning fish as he reached out with flailing hands. "Drowning!" He gasped, pointing at his mouth, and then over-pantomiming his lack of oxygen by placing his hands on his throat. "Quick! Mouth..to..mouth!" His lilting voice was raspy with the effort of this act.

"Quick, love!" Surely she wouldn't just let him die here, drowning on the sand as she'd keenly pointed out was possible (it wasn't. That was calling choking, and even James knew that). Regardless, if he got a smooch out of it, so much the better for being woken up from his afternoon nap.
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
The man is quite the entertainment to watch. Flopping around like a fish, the man basically flings himself in the water. Letting out a laugh, Delta watches as he begins to act even more like a fish, gasping for air and screaming out. Now, Delta isn't in the mood for mouth to mouth, but she can certainly play by his silly game.

Swimming closer to the man, she let out a laugh and watched him. What a silly name for him to call her. Love. It has a nice ring to it and, well, Delta likes it. Trying to suppress a laugh, Delta responds to him. "I don't think you'd want to be kissing me, seeing as you haven't even seen me." With that, she leans in close and gives him a peck on the forehead. A small giggle leaves her lips and she moves back away a couple of feet, just in case. "Did that save you?"
James Aiféala

Change author:
This was a slow one, to be sure. And though James was the one flopping about on the beach like a fish, it was he who was going to have to reel Delta in.

"Not...a kiss! Life..saving! Mouth..to mouth!" He continued, wondering how much more clear he could make it. She pointed out he was drowning, and now it was only reasonable to expect her to save him. What sort of psychopath would just let him die? Cracking open an eye to satisfy the requirements of not having seen her, James paused his flopping as she kissed his forehead.

It was a start but..

Pointing at his lips, puckering them up for her, the thief continued to gasp for breath as any drowning man would. "It's called mouth to mouth, not mouth to forehead" He pointed out between flops, quite reasonably, he thought.
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
Humans were such silly creatures. Her father would potentially berate her for doing such a thing. But...what was the harm in playing along? Potentially, Delta could learn some information from this man. He also clearly didn’t have any weapons on her. Of course, he could also have magic....eh. It would be fine. Right?

With a laugh she said ”Hold still.” And with that she placed a hand on his chest and placed a gentle peck to his lips. ”There. I saved your life using my magic mermaid powers.” Would he call her bluff? Potentially. But for all he knew, mermaids totally did have magic kissing abilities that saved the lives of others. There’s no way this man has kissed a mermaid before. No. Way.
James Aiféala

Change author:
If he could manage, snake that he was, James would try and slip his fingers into Delta's sea-styled hair that he might properly kiss her as her lips brushed against his. Successful or not, the thief would open his eyes, hand on his heart, all bright-smiles and mischief as if having truly been brought back from the brink of death. "Why indeed ye have! I am eternally in your debt. For as long as we both live, I humbly offer you free breast exams and will tell you the gods honest truth about whether or not ye look fat."

Sitting up, his smile crooked and roguish, the snake took proper stock of Delta now that he wasn't drowning.

"So, what's a pretty fish like yerself doin' up here with us mouth-breathers eh?" He asked, whimsical accent lilting and playful.
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
It seemed that this human truly did only want a kiss. Honestly, Delta wasn't too bothered and didn't quite understand why he wanted to kiss her so badly. Besides, didn't the salt water make her lips salty or something? It was something Delta had never really considered seeing as she never thought she'd be kissing a human, but oh well. She allowed him to kiss her for a bit longer before she pulled away. Unlike him, she seemed pretty much unphased by the kiss.

His next comment earned a giggle from her and a grin. "Free breast exams?" She didn't need anyone else telling her if she looked fat or not for she was very comfortable with herself. Seeing as she didn't want to hear anything about her weight, she chose to not mention the comment, hoping he'd forget about it.

Finally, he noticed her status... or at least, he pointed it out. And he used the right terminology! Perfect. "Well, I was trying to look for some things. Sometimes I watch for legwalkers and other times I search for items that people have long sense abandoned or lost. It's always fun to look up on the shore." Just like many of the legwalkers, Delta enjoyed scavenging for items, though, it often meant she was late the party and would come out with nothing. So while searching underwater typically meant she'd almost always find something, there was a certain thrill to discovering items so close to the shore.
James Aiféala

Change author:
'Absolutely love. Don't want those things rotting away from the inside now do ya?" James asked, sounding quite sure of the reasonableness of his offer.

"Oh aye, me too." The thief agreed, shading his eyes to look back towards the shore. "Loads of people think it's all just trash, but y'nme, we know better." James said with a conspiratorial chuckle. "So other than me, find anythin' good today?" He asked, sounding genuinely interested.
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
Rotting away? Why would breasts do that? It sounded like a silly folktale that the mouthbreathers potentially taught each other. There were so many funny things that Delta heard that it was hard to tell if they were jokes or if the humans actually believed them. Shrugging, Delta offered him a smile. "Whatever you say," She wasn't about to trust a man who was completely naked on a beach... then again... didn't she trust Loren?

eh.

Raising an eyebrow, Delta tried to suppress a smile, attempting to figure out if the man with the weird accent was telling the truth or if he was once more pulling her tail. Fiddling around, Delta produced a bag that was absolutely missed because the man was far from observant. She made sure not to hold it out to him, moving a good bit away from him to secure some distance. He didn't seem the most trustworthy. "Unfortunately, today has been rather dry... I found a couple of things." Reaching in, she pulled out a chain. "Not sure if this was a bracelet or a necklace, but the clasp broke off, otherwise it seems rather nice... there's a couple of other things too, of course." Just starting off nice and easy, not wanting to reveal the best things too soon.
James Aiféala

Change author:
Not offended in the least by Delta's wariness, James rolled onto his stomach, chin in his hands and his toes tracing circles in the air. "Maybe it was used as leash for a very rare and small butterfly. There are gold ones y'know. They leave trails of gold dust in their wake." Lying came as second nature as breathing, to the thief. "S'probably why they had it on a chain. You know, to keep the little bugger from flyin' off." James nodded knowingly, his expression one of utmost confidence.

"Alright, so a leash then. What else? Bag looks far from empty."
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
His comment sounded... well, both outlandish but also spectacular. If she had heard the tale before the opening of the portal, Delta might've been more wary, but then when the unthinkable happened, well, she became more... open minded? If a portal had been created then surely, such butterfly could exist. "I've... never seen a butterfly before up close... how is this butterfly different from the others?" Her eyes were wide with curiosity. She really wanted to see a butterfly up close, but none ever came anywhere near the water, only being far off and fleeting. A blur.

Moving on, she dug into her bag and pulled out four stones, each of varying shape and size. One was opalite, glittering and reflecting the light beautifully. Another was a smooth black stone, devoid of any light with a sharp contrast to the other stone. Next was a darkish red stone, one that had a small bit of speckling, and finally she had greenish one with streaks of brown in it. "These... I found near a ship wreck. There were more, for sure, but I found them near it... and then the black one I found farther away, near some rocks." She points to the more colorful three first before gesturing to the black one. Surely, one of them would be interesting enough to the man.