the comic sans of humans
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Haven't seen...love, we need to get you a bathtub on wheels. You're really missin' out." Linking his thumbs together and fanning his fingers to make a rough butterfly, the snake flapped it around for dramatic effect. "Well all butterflies have powder on'em y'see. It's how they pollenate. Only these gold ones don't just have regular powder, but real gold, like I'said." Dropping his fingers, James picked up some sand and let it gently fly away not unlike the fine dust he was describing. "Y'never can quite get enough of the powder to do much with it, much some of the ladies and lads too like t'put it on their eyelids. Make 'em look all flashy and whatnot." It certainly sounded like the sort of thing which might be true.

Watching as the stones were removed, James hissed in a shocked breath. "D'ya think those are eggs?" James wondered, all raised eyebrows and surprised looks. "Could be anythin' in them."
{steps on my own emotions and grinds
them into the dirt with my heel} anyways.
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Delta
The man's comment was nice and it was certainly something that Delta had considered once. "I don't think that'd work, unfortunately... otherwise, we'd probably be doing it more often." Now, she had never heard of nor seen a bathtub, but using her brains she could easily figure out what it meant. A bath.... in a tub. It didn't sound very sanitary since holding water absolutely held bacteria usually especially if it was indoors and humans absolutely had no idea how to properly maintain water....

ANYWAYS.

Moving on back to the butterfly stuff, she had seen the little motion he made before. It was something people did to represent birds, butterflies, and other things with such wings. The powder stuff though, now that was cool! Her eyes widened and she leaned forward, nodding as he spoke and trying to picture it. "I've seen people with colors on their eyes... is that what that is? How do you get so much of it to put that stuff on your face so frequently?" Makeup obviously didn't really work in the water seeing as it'd just wash away, so she hardly ever got to see it with her own eyes, but she also heard of people wearing it daily. It left so many questions! "I always thought people used paint or something on their face, since how else would you get the stuff to stay on your face? Then again, it doesn't really work in water, does it?" She was partially talking to herself, clearly deeply considering all of this.

While she absolutely believed the butterfly stuff, the stones idea was quickly shoved away. "I've seen eggs and these are not eggs... I just wanna know how each one comes to be, you know? They are all so different... what do you think people would use them for? I know I've seen some in jewelry... but these are so big! And they were separate, too." She had seen bracelets with small stones and rings too. The occasional necklace as well, but normally she wasn't a fan of necklaces due to being unable to wear them herself.

Lifting up her wrist, she tried to show off her bracelet. It was silver and showed off two fine, blue stones. "See? These are so small and in a circle shape, but these aren't!" Obviously, Delta was a very curious sort of person, intrigued by even the weirdest of things.
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Don't get hung up on the specifics love. Point is, y'need to broader yer horizons." It was then James decided he'd figure out a way to get Delta out of the water. Likely it would be a shit plan and one he'd almost immediately forget about, but this was the moment he at least thought about doing it.

"Sometimes, buy loads of things work. Berries, rocks even for darker colours. Best o'course is when you can scoop up little bits o'a rainbow after a big storm though. That's how you really get the best colours." Listening to her work it out in her mind, James fell silent as if he were some wizened man and she his pupil. "It all depends, love. Sometimes the make-up is like a way of claimin' someone. So you've got all these colours on your face right? And then when y'go and—" James mimed a rather over the top makeout session, his tongue flailing wildly. "—then the colours are on the other person, s'everyone knows who was with who." Losing his train of thought, the thief yawned and shrugged. "Most o'the time it's just to get laid, so if you do it right, y'don't have to worry about it bein' on fer long."

Raising a brow at the quick dismissal of them being eggs, the thief gave the stones another look. "Dunno. Weapons mahap? Or maybe they're for a game." Chuckling a touch as she showed off her bracelet, the snake nodded. "Well someone knows her shapes." He grinned as she pointed out the differences in size and shape of the rocks she found and the babble on her wrist.
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
Tilting her head to the side, Delta thinks over his words before nodding. "Yes... I'd like to be able to do that... but I don't think I'll be able to walk on land... the gods probably would never grant me such an ability." It was said with quite a bit of sadness. While she did love the ocean to death, there were just certain things she really wanted to see.

He continued on to explain how make up worked, even acting out quite a bit. Delta ended up giggling at the more naughty parts, enjoying his over the top enthusiasm. It was very amusing to see someone be such a performer in front of only one person, especially one like her. How should he know if she understood all of that? Luckily, she did. She's not that sheltered by the ocean. "How funny... makeup does look very pretty. I like the idea of painting your face with bright colors... it's super unique." It really is too bad that she will never be able to experience it herself. Oh well.

There is a scrunch of her nose, clearly unhappy with his little remark about her knowing shapes. It wasn't exactly a nice thing to say and she was far from happy about it. "A game... yeah that sounds possible." She'd settle with that answer, tucking the stones back away in the back once more since he didn't ask to see them up close.

Next, she would proceed to pull out... the handle of a pair of scissors. It was only one of the parts as the rest had seemingly fallen apart. "This? I don't know what this is... it's too small to be a bracelet... and too weirdly shaped too." Ah yes, a very troubling one. It's a good thing wise James is here to teach her.
James Aiféala

Change author:
'Who needs the gods, eh?" James said almost sympathetically. "Mayhap your next shift'll be a goldfish and then I can just scoop you up in a cup and take y'round."

With a grin, James waggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Doesn't just have t'be yer face either. Arms, neck, bits that dangle." He nodded at that, the dangly bits of course being his favourite.

Seeing her scowl, the snake pouted, his lower lip sticking quite far out. "Now don't take offense. There's plenty o'dumb fish in the sea and that includes you lot. Plenty o'dumb mouth breathers too, so.." He shrugged.

Looking at it, the thief immediately perked up. Whether or not he knew what the item once was was entirely irrelevant. "Well it's a pair o'cuffs ain't it? But for like, monkies and shit. Y'see their hands go through there." He added, pointing to the openings. "Fer when they start throwin' their shit around too much or when they get drunk and try t'start bar fights."
Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
There is a playful eyeroll at his goldfish comment. "A goldfish is far too similar to my current shift, I was hoping I could get one like my father's." The words slipped out and her eyes widened and lips parted slightly, realizing she... might've given away perhaps too much. She hadn't exactly told anyone really that her father was the leader, choosing to stay on the side of caution. It may be risky at this time to blurt out for all to hear who her father was. "He's um... he's an octopus." Hopefully, James wouldn't ask too many questions and if he had any... too bad because she was already talking again. "Besides, my current shift isn't that big, but it does have some pretty dangerous quills on it," She even threw in a playful wink, hoping she had averted any potential questions from the man.

Tilting her head, she couldn't exactly wrap her head around his comment. "Dangly... bits? Why would you put makeup there?" Humans were so fucking weird. Already, she didn't particularly care for their anatomy, not really bothering to notice it seeing as multiple humans liked to just strip themselves on the beach... but what the fuck?

Then James pushed it. Her scowl became more obvious and she folded her arms. "I should hope you aren't insinuating that I'm stupid." Tapping her fingers on her arm, she stared at him, hoping that she had learned to perfect the scary gaze that her father seemed to sometimes have... but she probably didn't. Her face was far too soft, eyes still too innocent to have such an effect on someone.

Hopefully, he would be able to redeem himself with his guidance. Staring at the 'cuff' she turned it over in her hands. "Monkeys get drunk and start bar fights?" She placed her fingers within the opening and spread them out, trying to figure out what sort of creature could fit within such a small opening. "Would you like me to give you this? Unfortunately, I don't know any monkeys... nor would I have any use for a hand cuff." Not even a full set would be useful, mind you.

FIN!!!!