and when the night falls (open)
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun was looking for something, or hopefully someone, to distract him for a while. So, while he didn't frequent bars all that often, after yet another day of just staring at his galleon and not taking it out on the water, he made his way over to the tavern in Torchline, the Hanged Man.

As he entered, he surveyed the inside. It was a nice place, and the patrons looked like the rough and tumble sort who could give him a good time. He headed towards the bar itself. It was crowded, so he had to push through a bit before he could finally get to it. However, the bartender was on the other end already and he settled in to wait patiently.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
say it's here where our pieces fall in place
Remi wouldn't use the entrance beneath the bar unless it was strictly necessary. So he came in through the front door just like anyone else might. With a wave towards Raza (she in turn telling him he could wait for his drinks like anyone else, Governor or not), the Alchemist glanced around the bar to see if there was anyone he knew or was actively trying to avoid.

Gaze landing on Amun, Remi's brows narrowed for just a moment before he made his way over. "Land of near eternal sun, where there always seems to be some tiki torch or other lit...Sounds like a lovely place for an ascended to be." He chuckled as he took a seat next to the potter.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As a vaguely familiar voice spoke up behind Amun, he glanced over his shoulder. Nodding at Remi, the potter smirked a bit at the alchemist's words. "It has its charms." Slowly but surely, the Ascended had been clawing his way out of the sorrow left in the wake of Maea's death.

Moving over slightly, turned to face the other man, though Amun was still standing. Leaning against the bar, he turned to try and catch the bartender's attention again."I hear you've been busy lately." Pausing, he shot the alchemist an amused look. "Congratulations on the whole Governor thing." He was well aware that there were eyes on them (mostly the alchemist) but he ignored the glances and the whispers.
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"It does, that." Remi agreed easily enough. What charms Amun had found, the Alchemist wouldn't ask after.

Raising a brow, Amun having obviously heard the news, the Alchemist nodded. "Cheers." He said in a rather lacklustre tone, as the barmaid finally came over to take their orders (or bring Amun a drink had he placed his already). "Yes, its been keeping me busy enough." Without knowing about Amun's relationship with Maea, it didn't occur to Remi to offer his condolences. Instead, he just tilted his head to the side in a gesture of weary relaxation. "And you? What have you been up to?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
When the barmaid finally swung by, Amun asked for a beer, since it hardly mattered what he got. As he waited for it to arrive, he finally took a seat, swinging around so he was facing Remi. "Cheers." It came out in an equally dry tone.

Shrugging, the potter smiled faintly. "Working in the studio mostly. Seeing the sights around here when I have some spare time." As the barmaid came back over with their drinks, he thanked her and picked up his beer. However, he didn't sip from it just yet, just ran his finger around the top of the glass. "How about you? Made anything fun recently or has the government stuff been keeping you from tinkering?"
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Why not Halo? I hear such great things." Remi said sarcastically. Then again, if any race was suited to spend time in Halo, it was the ascendeds.

Tilting his head in brief consideration at Amun's question, eventually, Remi shook his head. "Not really. Not on my own, anyways. Helped build a boxing ring...is that fun?" The question was mostly rhetorical, if only because the potter didn't seem particularly enthused in hearing the actual answer.

"Well, I'll leave you to your drink." He said, standing. Raza had caught his eye in the corner of the bar, and with a nod in her direction, he left Amun to his beer.

~FIN