Training frozen fractals all around
For Morgan
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Seeing as they had a shiny new training ground, Loren had been splitting his time between there and the specialized training area at the Arcane Academy. Obviously, the Academy was better for magic, but there was something satisfying against sparring the old fashioned way. Besides, this way he got to know the soldiers a little better. More importantly, they got to know him.

As a blast of his water blasted his current partner off of his feet and out of the circle, the healer grinned. Walking over, he held out a hand for the fallen man. "Good match. Thanks! And don't forget to swing by the infirmary later and pick up that cream." Hauling the other man to his feet, the Launceleyn slapped the soldier on the back good naturedly.

Then Loren walked back to the center of the circle. Glancing around, he raised his voice. "Who's next?" Although he was dressed in a cloak, gloves, and an odd looking hat, he somehow managed to give off a ferocious vibe. Maybe it was the way his teeth grew a little pointier and he subconsciously shifted them.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Morgan had given the duties of low-level training for fresh recruits to her second in command, only came to the grounds herself to spar with her experienced guards and for her own lone training, which occurred when she could be sure she was alone to concentrate and commune with the spirits that helped her to fight.

This particular day she had come to observe the training of the recruits to make sure that her second in command was acting sufficiently. She was sure he was (after all, the man would not have gotten the role had she not thought him capable) but it was always good to check, and she wanted to see for herself if any of the recruits had promise. As it turned out, a lot of them were terrible: missing more often than not with their small wooden swords.

Thinking (hoping) it might be her presence making them nervous, she had wandered off, where she heard Loren's yelled challenge. Impulsively she dropped her heavy cloak, drew her sword and walked to face him. "I will challenge you, if you are still willing to fight." She announced, as if Loren might pull out now he knew who he was facing.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Of all people, Morgan stepped up to Loren's challenge. Grinning at her, he nodded. "Definitely still up for it if you are." He shucked off his own cloak as well and walked to the outer edge of the circle to toss it aside, followed by his gloves. The hat stayed, though it was an odd fashion choice, given that it was tweed.

Turning to face her, he stretched his limbs a bit, rolling his neck as well. "Anything goes, have to stay inside the circle?" He spoke in an eager tone, and it was clear he was excited at the prospect of facing off against the Captain.

Maybe she'd stop treating him like he was a coward once he'd kicked her ass.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
Loren accepted her challenge and Morgan smiled: had he refused it, she would have begun to consider his position in the palace as shaky. The man already showed a reluctance to stand up for himself outside of the training ground.

"Sounds fine to me." She confirmed. Instead of doing any stretches (which she considered to be mostly performative) she simply closed her eyes for a quick prayer and then got ready with her sword, holding it up before her and getting her feet into the right stance. "You may make the first move."
the Firebrand

Change author:
Watching Morgan's preparations or lack thereof, Loren nodded as she agreed to his terms. As she raised her sword, he shifted his weight slightly, widening his stance and raising his fists. Unlike her, he didn't have a weapon on him, nor did he make any move to pick one up. He somehow didn't think this would turn into a physical contest.

Not hesitating for a moment when she told him to make the first move, he blasted a cloud of steam towards her, the slight shimmer of the heat haze in the air the only real sign of it. As he sent that coursing her way, he dodged to the side, hoping to get ahead of whatever counter she might toss his way.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Morgan had expected some magical fighting of course, but she had been first trained in swordfighting and the habit stuck deep, especially for a closer combat like this. Loren shot his steam towards her and she took a jump back, holding up her arms to create a shield of water before herself as defense. She would try and shoot this forward once the steam had been blocked to distract Loren more than anything else as she ran behind the water shield, hoping to get closer.

Loren had dodged and so she had to turn, which slowed her down - still, when she was close enough she raised her sword to swing at him. She would not actually aim to make any serious wounds: maybe a few scratches, if she could land a blow.
the Firebrand

Change author:
As Morgan sent her shield of water racing towards Loren, he sliced a hand down vertically. With it, the water parted, passing harmlessly to either side of him. However, she followed up on her magical attack with a more mundane one. He continued moving in the direction he'd been headed in, trying to put some more distance between them.

Not even bothering to actually deflect or dodge (he didn't mind a few scratches) her blade scored a shallow cut on his shoulder. While she was doing that, he created spikes of ice pointed directly towards her on the ground between them. They wouldn't do more than scratch her if she stopped, but if she kept moving forward she'd impale herself.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Unsurprisingly Loren easily cut apart her shield of water: they were both masters of that craft and she knew she could have dismissed the attack just as simply. It had been more intended to buy time though: it did do that, though only for a second.

Her blade met his shoulder and drew a small amount of blood, but she knew better than to think that would be enough to make Loren surrender. The man had very good healing skills after all and she was sure he would have it gone within seconds. She intended to do another thrust forward with her sword when the spikes appeared on the ground: with a grunt of surprise she jumped back, choosing to retreat for the moment.

A few feet away, she sighed and tossed her sword to the ground. "This is a magic fight, then."
the Firebrand

Change author:
At Morgan's words, Loren just raised his eyebrows, as if to ask when she thought it had been anything else. Still, he took advantage of the time her statement bought him, and the space his spikes had given him. Tapping into another magic, his brow furrowed in concentration.

And a dragon appeared between them, taking up most of the circle. He crouched behind it, using its bulk to shield him. Ordering it to swipe at her, he was careful to keep the creature's claws out of the way of the attack. He had no desire to hurt her badly, he just wanted to bat her out of the circle.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Loren certainly had more impressive magic than she did; that much was not a surprise. Still, Morgan was not expecting to see a dragon before her. She stepped back in alarm though managed to stop herself just before the edge of the circle. A lesser warrior might have complained that Loren using such a variety of magics was unfair, but Morgan knew that on the battlefield, fairness rarely came into the calculation.

Summoning all the strength within her she would try to bring about a huge wave to slam into the side of the dragon and push it away - if the wave hit Loren on the way, then that was a bonus. Her guards on either side of the circle would know to step away. Morgan would try to make sure to bend the water around herself to avoid herself being swept up in the current.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Once again, as Morgan summoned water to wield against Loren and his dragon, he chopped his hand in the air. He wasn't entirely successful in parting the whole wave, and it splashed against both him and his creature. Although he rocked back a few steps from the force of it, the dragon, was, well, a dragon, and a fake one at that. It didn't need to breath and it could take damage without it being a problem.

So while it swayed with the force, it didn't budge far. Instead, it opened its mouth. There was a flicker at the back of its throat. That was about all the warning Mogran would get before lightning blasted out. He directed it towards the ground in front of her, hoping to knock her backwards rather than actually wound her.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
The dragon was not moved by her wave and Morgan was beginning to run out of ideas when she saw the spark in the back of the beast's throat and had to improvise. Darting to pick up her sword, she knew she'd have to jump backwards, but maybe she could get in one last hit before she did: as she bounced away she threw the sword with all the strength and accuracy she had to the dragon's chest.
the Firebrand

Change author:
The sword had no trouble piercing the dragon's chest, or even its heart. Unfortunately for Morgan, it was a manifestation of Loren's will, and didn't feel pain. Nor would it hold back while injured, at least while it was still capable of moving and acting.

So instead of it stopping, he just continued to hunker down behind it. As he did, he instructed it to blast the ground by Morgan's feet, fully intending to toss her off the ground and out of the circle. Assuming he was successful (or even if he wasn't) he would dismiss his creature. With its injury, it wouldn't be able to last for long. Indeed, it was basically a dead dragon already, and he needed to be ready for any potential counterattack from her.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
While it was clear it wouldn't really do anything, there was still something satisfying in seeing the sword plunge into the dragon's chest. Still, with the dragon clearly not that affected and Loren shaking the ground beneath her...well, Morgan knew when she was outmatched. The best thing to do was to lose graciously.

She jumped out of the circle, ending in a kneel which she looked up to Loren from and nodded, a humble acknowledgement that he had won this match. "Your magic prowess is undoubted." In a sword or melee fight, she was confident she could take him, but there was no point in trying to go against Loren for too long in a battle of magical skill.