Training these beats of a dark heart
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
our sins are washed away
Saiden had been avoiding Remi, if the cook was being honest. Ever since getting his nose broken, and their less than pleasant second conversation in the Hanged Man, he'd avoided the alchemist as best he could. However, now that the other man was Governor, the Hali figured it was time to see if they could at least have a civil working relationship, if nothing else.

Or at least see if they could power their way through any lingering tension.

So he'd sent Remi a note, asking to meet for a friendly sparring match. Waiting patiently, Saiden stood a short distance down the coast from the Aumakua and the Governor's new house. As the cook waited, he stared out to sea, a pensive expression on his face. Hands in the pockets of the shorts that were the only thing he wore, he just let the water lap over his toes.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i found cynicism, i found criticism
i've been zero to hero & i have been the villain
Remi hadn't given Saiden a thought since their last meeting. That the cook had tried to strike up conversation where none was to be had didn't register on the Alchemist's radar passed the moments in which the conversation had transpired. Much had happened since then anyhow, with the Alchemist becoming yet another iteration of himself. This one cleansed of past wrongs and hurts; made brighter by his new found soul-owned existence.

"Hallo Saiden." The Alchemist called with a wave. Unlike the sailor, Remi wore a t-shirt as well as shorts. The nearer they came to Deepfrost the colder the breeze. Still, he'd been told they'd likely not see any snow which was a relief. 'Thanks for the invitation. I'd be lying if I said all this political paper-pushing thats been going on hasn't indeed made me want to punch something." He added with a bright laugh.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
our sins are washed away
As Remi called out, Saiden turned to face the alchemist. Smiling, the cook waved back. "Hello Remi. Thanks for coming." Then he laughed, almost as biight as the other man's, if a bit forced. "I suppose you can punch me, though I'd ask you to stay away from my face this time. It's my best asset." There was a bit of vanity in the words yes, but also a recognition that the  Hali was an objectively handsome man.

Walking a bit away from the water, he rolled his neck a bit and stretched his arms. "So that's how you want to do this? Fists?" He continued to limber up as he waited for Remi to respond.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Plenty of magic to patch you up and keep that face working for you." Remi countered, but nodding easily enough. "I still think that punch was well-deserved, but a broken nose was perhaps more than what was owed." He said with a conciliatory smile. "So this time you can throw the first punch. How's that?"

Smirking slightly, the Alchemist shrugged casually. Saiden had a good few inches on him, but Remi was still far the stronger of the two. "Abilities if you like as well. Being so close to the water I imagine would be in your advantage."
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Laughing, more relaxed this time, Saiden nodded to concede the point to Remi. "Aye, plenty of magic. But it cost me a hefty favor to keep me pretty last time." Smiling, the cook nodded again to acknowledge that he would strike first.

When the alchemist offered to use abilities as well, the Hali arched an eyebrow. "And having the power to stop a volcano in its tracks, among other exploits I've heard of, means that abilities are to your advantage." Still, he shrugged and reached out an almost lazy hand to the water. It responded eagerly to his call, blasting towards the other man's chest. Saiden was just testing the waters, so to speak.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I'm sure you've lots of favours to cash in." Remi grinned back. Saiden seemed the type, charmer that he was.

As the man continued the Alchemist could only laugh and shake his head. "Oh, never fear. All that's been stripped away. I can't even make a drop of water move anymore." He corrected. They needn't get into it all, and while Remi was still strong enough, currently he was the weakest he'd ever been.

Without the ability to partially-shift and block the water with feathers, stop it using the water magic he'd lost, or block himself using an earthen shield, Remi found himself dodging to the side and rolling onto the sand. It was sloppily done, the Alchemist scrapping his knees and having his legs kicked out from beneath him from the water he couldn't dodge. "Well, at least I'm not made of sugar." He chuckled...before seemingly go limp on the sands.

Leaving his body as a spirit was quite the experience, but just now Remi wanted to see if he could affect the world as Delphia had described to him. Running at Saiden, the Alchemist would try and...take over the man's body, strange as that was.

The magic is this:

Magic: Out of Body | Can project his spirit into the world. While in spirit-form, his body is completely vulnerable, though his spirit cannot be harmed. Can take over the bodies of animals within a 30ft radius, and can attempt to take over humans as well. (A 30 END difference is an automatic success. Difference of 20 is accompanied by extreme disorientation and mental pain for the soul in question. Difference of 10 or below is accompanied by disorientation and temporary loss of bodily function.)

They have a difference of +23, so play it however you like!~
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Laughing, Saiden nodded at Remi's assessment. "Yes, but if I start cashing them in, I will soon find myself without many favors." He winked, though it was playful at not at all flirtatious.

Arching an eyebrow, the cook cocked his head to one side. "There a story behind all that?" Despite the casual tone, his eyes had suddenly grown sharp.

At least his water caused the alchemist to dodge out of the way. The Hali grinned at that, and at the other man's quip. "There's a joke in there about you being sweet. Or not, as the case may be." Saiden's tone was teasing, even as he readied his magic for another strike.

However, he hesitated as Remi seemingly collapsed. Then there was a confusing blur, before something struck the cook. And then his mind betrayed him.

Agony exploded inside his skull. Staggering for a few steps, he collapsed to his knees. Hitting the sand, he let out a cry of pain as he pressed his hands to his temples, moaning. Trying desperately to grab onto his magic, he found a strand of the energy that let him direct the winds. Gripping it as firmly he could manage as his mind roiled, he tried to blast the air away from him wildly and at random, trying to get whatever the fuck it was to go the fuck away.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Isn't there always?" The Alchemist replied with a mischievous and intentionally vague shrug.

Oh, there was indeed such a joke. No lump of sugar was Remi, though he might once have been. Now was no time for banter, not when souls were tugged from bodies and sent running across the sands.

As a spirit, Remi couldn't be affected by the physical world. His body could, but that lay safely on the sands where he'd left it. The Remi that was naught but energy hummed inside of Saiden, like a stiff ball trying to shove himself in places he wasn't made for. Pulsing back and finding his body, the Alchemist slipped back into it. Eyes opening and gasping for air (and tasting sand that Saiden had disturbed), Remi sat up a touch dazedly. "Hate to say it, but I think you might be prettier on the outside." He said breathlessly.

Not able to control the earth anymore, Remi could still conjure a few elements to help himself. Creating a ball of fire which Saiden would surely try to extinguish, he lobbed it at the cook as one might a ball.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Snorting, Saiden inclined his head in acknowledgment. The banter had been fun, but the training soon took that incredibly unexpected and unpleasant turn. The pain cut off as abruptly as it had appeared, and he groaned. Somehow, he managed to get a reply out through gritted teeth. "Not exactly how I like men inside me."

The echoes of the pain still ricochetting around his mind, leaving him with a pounding headache. Perhaps that was why he was slow to react. Still on his knees, as Remi threw the fire, the cook didn't so much dodge as collapse to one side.

While he did indeed call on some water to block, that left a cloud of steam that he couldn't control, and it scalded his entire left side as it passed over him, leaving it red and ugly looking. He tried to capture said steam with his air magic and fling it back at the alchemist.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well, you never know until you try. It was fine for me." The Alchemist quipped back with a dark grin.

Rather than waiting for the inevitable retaliation from Saiden, Remi took to wing. Hauling himself off the sand as the cook dealt with the steam, Remi soared quickly through the cloud of heat, aiming for the pirate's curls. Saiden had said his face was off limits, but that pretty head of hair of his? That seemed fair game.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Having never seen Remi shift, Saiden wasn't prepared for it. Plus, he was still recovering from whatever it was the alchemist had done to the cook. So the other man would have no trouble grabbing talons full of the Hali's hair.

Which was one insult too many for him. Growling, he took hold of his air magic once again. He used it to push Remi, hopefully still in the form of a hawk, out and into the water. Saiden wouldn't mind losing some hair if it meant putting some distance between himself and the alchemist. Growling, he kept up the pressure with his air magic, hoping it would do the trick.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Push a creature made for the open, with the air? Oh no. At first the hawk was able to easily glide, but as Saiden's magic became more insistent, the hawk suddenly doubled, the tripled, then bloomed into a shape as terrifying as it was chimeric. If Saiden had been surprised by the presence of a hawk, a manticore would be quite the sight indeed.

Easily able to fly in the face of Saiden's wing, the manticore glided around, before diving back towards the cook. If he could pin the man onto the sands without wounding him, he'd try for that. But if it appeared as though the sailor would be in any sort of proper danger, the manitcore would settle for a harsh landing to kick sand towards the Hali.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
As Remi shifted into something much larger and much fucking scarier than a hawk, Saiden's eyes widened. Although he tried to scramble out of the way, the alchemist was much faster, and given the cook's wounds, both mental and physical, he didn't make it far before the other man pounced.

And completely crushed the Hali into the sand. Thankfully, it was a soft surface. Gulping, he went totally limp. Although the grains and the other man pressed against his burns uncomfortable, and he could barely breath, he didn't trust himself to move. His mind had recognized the predator before him, and he very much didn't want to set Remi off.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
There had once been a time when predatory emotions entirely took over. Times when the Alchemist had to be thrown into a pit lest he wound or kill those around him. Weeks before even he'd been close to murder on any number of occasions and had gone through with it on several. Now though, he shifted back into his own body with ease, offering a hand towards the Hali that he might help him up.

"That was unfair of me." Remi chuckled. Manticore-ing out was like bringing a gun to a knife fight, and his boyish grin of apology said as much. "But at least I didn't touch your face, right?" He added with a grin.