salt water taffy (OPEN)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
I truly loved you
With the eruption of the volcano, Oliver had been reluctant to visit. Despite the amount of joy that this place brought him, he knew better than to intrude when there was much work to be done. Even when he wanted to help, it seemed that by the time he was finally free to offer his services, much of the work had already been done. The city had clearly suffered quite a lot, but it was also doing much better than Oliver had initially imagined.

Wandering the streets, Oliver had his bag over his shoulder. It was a loose, pouch like bag. It was secured with a fasten on the top, but otherwise it wasn't anything fancy. It seemed to be made up of various fabrics that had been left behind, showing a very colorful sight indeed. Within it, he had a few things to offer for trade. It wasn't much, far from it, but it would hopefully provide a nice trade for whomever he crossed paths with. Maybe he could even stop by the bar, seeing as they have one here.

Whatever would happen was up in the air as Oliver was merely exploring, enjoying himself and the town he frequented.
but now im walking away
OLIVER
base by skylark
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Age: 40 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Elias
Haulani was home. It was where he had grown up, raced the streets, made friends, and eventually he always returned from the sea to home. Though he was wealthy, very well-off, the home he kept in Haulani was not up to par. Many would simply pass by it without a second thought. Which was how he liked it.

Perhaps one day, the day would near where he sought to build a larger home for himself, to create a larger family for himself and spend more time on land. But that day was not today. Elias was locking the door of his home, and as he stepped from his home and into the street, he bumped into somebody.

That was never a good move.
I'm back on dry land once again,
Opportunity awaits me like a rat in the drain,
We're all hunting honey with money to burn,
Just a short time to show you the tricks that we've learned.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
I truly loved you
It was on this day that things went awry. Oliver didn't always have the best of time in Torchline... actually, he had a lot of miserable visits. Maybe it was the similarity to home that kept him coming, but he clearly had some bad luck when it came to the residents of this place. It was one of those times that seemed to be happening now as someone pretty much knocked right into him.

Taking a few steps back to steady himself, Oliver looked quite weird as he tried to regain his balance. Once he was fine he immediately took the blame. Oliver had learned from Saiden that he needed to be extra nice to the residents of Torchline. Oliver could only assume this man was one of those people. "So sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going, I hope I didn't disrupt you or anything." Lets hope he doesn't end up with another knife against his throat.
but now im walking away
OLIVER
base by skylark
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Age: 40 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Elias
The person apologized, and Elias tipped his head, "No need to apologize, it was certainly my fault." The man looked wealthy, but the home he had just stepped from did not match. Elias moved away from his front door and out of the young man's way.

"It's a bit of a weakness, to apologize. You should only apologize when you are at fault." He stated, firmly, but kindly. After all, he had no idea what made the young man apologize so profusely for something he had not caused.
Blacksmith

Change author:
I truly loved you
Looking over the man, Oliver was clearly surprised by Elias’ response. He had halted expected to be snapped at or told to watch it or something of that sort. It was almost hard to really think of a response because, well, what was he supposed to do?

It was only when the man said the next statement that Oliver really had something to say. Looking the man over, he seemed pretty well dressed. It was obvious that the man took amazing care of himself. Maybe that was a good thing? Still. Oliver has to defend himself. ”It’s better to simply apologize first rather than get angry or make accusations. I was merely trying to avoid a fight. I hope you didn’t take things the wrong way and that I didn’t offend you.” Oliver had to restrain himself from apologizing for apologizing. Great.
but now im walking away
OLIVER
base by skylark
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Change author:
Elias
Elias tsked quietly, shaking his head. "But by doing so, you paint a target on yourself; label yourself as weak." He responded, with a soft smile. "Just be aware of how your actions reflect who you are, as a person."

He continued walking, turning to inquire: "Where are you heading, then?" He thought the young man might be lost. And it was not in his best interest to let a stranger wander around lost in Torchline, when that stranger might later buy from his stall.
Blacksmith

Change author:
I truly loved you
This man seemed pretty damn persistent and although Oliver enjoyed defending himself, this man was also super fucking tall. And big. Oliver wasn't about to challenge the man and cause a fight, seeing as the man already said 'you look weak'. What a rude thing to say! Sorry guy, but maybe not everyone likes to immediately accuse the other person of doing something wrong. It's better to apologize than ignore and risk getting a knife in the gut in Oliver's opinion. And we all know that Oliver's opinion is the correct one in this instance.

The question was odd, but sure. Oliver could answer it. "I was actually looking around for the shops, where I could barter with people." It would most likely be obvious that the bag Oliver had over his shoulder was meant for bartering. If the man wanted to fight him or steal from him, fine. If he wanted to show Oliver how to get to the market area, then fine as well. Oliver could honestly work with anything at this point.
but now im walking away
OLIVER
base by skylark
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Change author:
Elias
A chuckle rumbled in the man's throat. "Ah. I've a stall at the port, but otherwise, you're far off." He studied the young man, "What're you looking to trade for? Perhaps I've got it."

Elias had managed to wring a business deal out of the brothel in town, and had recently acquired an Outlander who had a good deal of thieving under her belt, it seemed. Not to mention the fact he was regularly used as a seller of stolen, black market items.

He didn't have a specific niche of items to sell outside of 'anything and everything'.
Blacksmith

Change author:
I truly loved you
There is a raise of his eyebrow and a quirk of a smile on his lips. Interesting. Hopefully this interaction would go better than the hat one... now that was a pitiful endeavor, to put it lightly. "Honestly? I'm looking for things unique to Torchline... so really, just about anything you have to offer I'll certainly take a gander at." It was very open, but the truth. Oliver didn't exactly have a lot in mind and he could be persuaded to look at different things rather easily. That didn't mean he was willing to trade, of course.

Holding up his bag, he offered the other man a small smile. "Wanna see if we have things for each other? If you see something of mine you like, I'm certainly willing to barter." Really, if he made someone else happy and got at least something suitable in return, then Oliver was happy with it. It may not be the best business practice, but it set up the proper connections needed for future good trades.
but now im walking away
OLIVER
base by skylark
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Change author:
Elias
Elias chuckled wryly and led the way towards the port. "I've gemstones, furniture, clothing, all sorts of finery." He never looked at the items someone had until he knew they were prepared to buy something from him; best not to raise his own hopes, or theirs. Sometimes people brought the most worthless stuff to trade with, after all.

The port was busy, bustling with people, and he had very little trouble shoving his way past, doing so in a manner that was both polite, but also letting others know he was busy and late. Though he was neither of those things, really.

The stall was manned by a young boy, just as dark-haired as Elias; and it was easy to assume the boy was his child. "Just lemme know if you see anything," he stated, taking a seat behind the stall. The best things were out of sight; and likely the stranger wouldn't know to ask for them, but he didn't just bring those out for anyone.
Blacksmith

Change author:
I truly loved you
Elias went on to mention what he had and some of it certainly sounded very promising. While furniture sounded boring, he did like the idea of seeing what clothes, gemstones, and other things that the man had to offer.

Remaining pretty silent, Oliver nodded and followed along until they made it to the stall. Immediately, Oliver started looking over everything on display. Lots of interesting things, absolutely, but he was leaning a bit more towards a certain type of thing. "Do you have any clothes that you think would fit me? I have some things I can offer in exchange if so." Honestly, he was willing to check out any sorts of clothes that Elias could offer. It was just a bit hard to see if any of the clothing fit him or not and judging by Elias' extreme height, there may not be too many options available for him.
but now im walking away
OLIVER
base by skylark
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Change author:
Elias
"Ah, clothing." He nodded, and moved to pull a rack of clothing, men's specifically, into view. "Something here might. Feel free to try anything on," he gestured to a wooden frame, a bit see-through, but otherwise it'd hide whoever was trying anything on easily. He'd had to craft something up after a few women had wanted to purchase actual clothing instead of just fabrics.
Blacksmith

Change author:
I truly loved you
The rack was pulled into view and Oliver's eyes widened ever so slightly as he already began inspecting what was on it purely based on color and fabric appearance. Once he took a few steps closer, his hand delicately started to check each one out, feeling each outfit to see if it would be suitable for wearing as well as checking to see if the piece of clothing was even his type. It took a bit, but he found something he thought would look nice on him, two actually.

They were obviously from different people as the colors differed, but Oliver wasn't about to wear them together. One was a pair of leather pants and the other was a leather jacket. Now, he knew he probably wasn't going to be able to get both of them, but might as well try?

Slipping on into the changing area, Oliver swiftly went to work. His boots were removed, but he made sure the concealed blade was easily reachable. The bag remained strung over his shoudler as well as he tried on the pair of pants. Once satisfied with the fit, he removed them and changed back into his normal clothes. Hopefully, nobody would attempt to steal from him seeing as he not only had a blade but also magic on his side. Finally, the bag was removed only for Oliver to try on the jacket. Once more, it fit pretty well and Oliver was happy with his finds.

Removing the article of clothing, Oliver re-emerged, bag strung over his shoulder once more and the two items of clothing folded and in his hands. "I'd like to trade you for one or both of these." Placing them down delicately on the table, the bag was finally pulled out.

"I have gems, both precious and ones you can find in streams and things of the sort, but perfect for jewelry. As well, I am a blacksmith, so I have quite a few nails if you're interested in things of this sort. I also have a few pouches that I have hand painted to give them a stylistic difference. Finally, there's a blade I'm selling." Obviously, not the concealed blade hidden in his boot, but a simple one he was willing to part ways with. "If you're interested in it, I also offer my labor and I can make deals through my blacksmith shop if you want that as well." Many options and maybe, just maybe, Elias would take one of them up.
but now im walking away
OLIVER
base by skylark
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Change author:
Elias
Olive found something he liked, and began telling Elias what he had for trade. His lips curved as the young man offered his labor, and then a deal through his blacksmith shop. "Well, we have a deal with the Madame at the Halenani, she purchases all of her fabric and clothing needs here, and she comes here first. So that could be quite lucrative..." He tapped his chin, leaning back.

After a few moments, the man spoke, "I'll take one of the nice, painted pouches, and that deal... both items are yours." Elias preferred deals and work agreements over material items that he could, more or less, obtain. Though he was no painter.