like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
It was only after Amun had gathered all four of the items he'd been tasked to retrieve that he realized the Voice hadn't told him where to put the shrine. However, he obviously wasn't going to be deterred by that little fact. Thankfully, there were limited options for where to place it. Considering most of her shrines were tucked away and partially hidden, he decided to continue that trend.

So he scoured the far reaches of the Ahi Coast until he stumbled upon a cave halfway down one of the rare rocky cliffs that dotted the coastline. It was hidden from view unless one was right on top of it. Even better, there was a path from the top of the cliff it sheltered under that led down to a cavern just above the waves, that similarly couldn't be seen unless one was close. All in all, it was perfect.

So he'd sent notes to all the Ascended, asking them to meet him by the portal the next night so he could lead them to the spot he'd selected. He didn't need them all, just six more, but many of them probably wouldn't show for one reason or another. Once they assembled he would take them to the cave, and, once inside, he'd place the four items he'd been tasked with retrieving on the floor at the back of the cavern.

Then he stepped back and bowed his head. "We call upon the Voice to bless this place." It came out with the intonation of a prayer.

PQ+ requirements: Requires 4 threads collecting the following materials: Volcanic stone, water from a geyser, the blood of an encantado, and the stone from a cloud manta. Each thread requires participation from at least 3 ascended. Bring the items to the location of the shrine and pray for the Voice. This final thread must have 7 ascended present.

get your rocks off Volcanic rock
won't hold water Geyser water
out, damned spot Encantado blood
on cloud nine Stone from a cloud manta
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
do you feel at home? your flames are burning higher
your circumstance is dire, don't panic. you're frantic
What was one more favour for Amun, really? Technically, Nate could barely qualify it as a favour, since a shrine in Torchline directly benefited him in the long run, but it made him less grumpy about it to think about it as something he was doing for someone else. He had arrived at the portal with his hands shoved in his pockets, a short nod and a shorter grin flashed out in greeting to Amun while they waited. The only person who'd get a more enthusiastic greeting from him would be Clem, if the younger ascended even showed up at all.

The cave that Amun had chosen, when they finally made their way to it, was deeply fitting, hidden and difficult to get to, not unlike the one in Halo. Nate stayed near the back of the cave as the items were set down, as their Goddess was appealed to. He crossed his arms and watched, half expecting nothing to happen, even with the work that had been put in.
this is your hell, dancing for something that was
true to you, how do you do? say it's me.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
I will stand by you forever; you can take my breath away
The three of them seem to be the A-team right now, causing Wessex to chuckle when she arrives and sees only Nate. “I know I’ve pissed some people off, but what’s your guys’ excuses?” she jests, trying to keep any bitterness out of her voice. It’s fine, it’s fine, it’s perfectly fine.

When they head down the cave, the demigod keeps silent as she looks over the tucked-away hole. A general look of approval seeps into her expressions (not that Amun was ever looking for it) and she finds she’s happy to let someone else (him) do the talking for once. Turning back to where the altar will likely be, Wessex takes a stance in the back - perhaps to protect them from intruders, or perhaps because she’s happy to let the others be front and center.
WESSEX
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
sometimes we break so beautiful and you know you're not the only one
i breathe you in so sweet and powerful
She was exhausted still, but that didn’t stop her from wanting to put at least some effort toward helping the shrine in Torchline. Because it would benefit them all – an option to be able to revitalize themselves while away from the Grounds or Halo, and it meant something huge for the rest of them. The more shrines, the more power the Voice had – that’s how it worked right? She couldn’t not go and be a part of it, especially when the Voice was creating something for her and Bastien far more precious than it might seem.

So she manages to get there, leaning her weight on one leg and folding her arms as she approaches the circle, smiling brightly toward Amun and coming up to stand beside her sister, offering a quiet glare toward Nate in the process, before she lowers her head slightly toward where the shrine would go, watching as Amun bows his head and prays to the Voice as well.
like a wildfire burning up inside my lungs
i'm burning up, i'm burning up, i'm burning up
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
At the moment, as much as possible, Bastien was travelling with Rexanna. They had never been massively in each other's pockets, but with their new weakness it seemed prudent to look out for eachother, especially when they were going as far as Torchline (and Bastien knew there was a chance, however small, of someone objecting to the shrine and resorting to violence).

Besides, it was always a nice thing to see, The Voice able to extend her influence further. Looking forward to seeing their 'Golden Goddess' again, Bastien waited in good spirits to see the quest handed in.
BASTIEN
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
Clem comes because of course he does. He has helped Amun along his various quests, why not see it come to fruition this time? The last shrine they had built had been amazing to behold, so of course he attends once again.

All his favorite people are already gathered, and Clem (as he often does these days) feels swollen to bursting with love for this family he has been gifted with. He makes his rounds, giving hugs and cheek kisses to Bastien and Rexanna, bumping shoulders with Nate, squeezing Wessex's hand. And then he waits - the boring part - and anticipated the arrival of their Goddess.
Clemente
Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 11 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:

Letha Úlfurdur
Well I have brittle bones it seems
I bite my tongue and I torch my dreams

It felt good to be a part of something, even if she still felt like a distant part of it. She was the puzzle piece that did not truly fit, but was close enough that when the puzzle was put all together you could easily overlook it. Despite it, it still felt good.

Between their crystal harvest and meeting here, Letha had spent her time in Torchline. However, she was still one of the last ones to arrive at Amun's call. His note had reached her at the inn, and she was obedient to the call of a member of her family -- a member that she might have the gall, inwardly, to call brother. He had helped her so much in her time in Caido, he deserved the title.

Eyeing the others and giving them nods of greeting, the woman stayed silent. She followed, carefully. As they settled in, Letha nestled herself near Clemente.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the rocks work as hard as the stars, to be what they are
"Bless?" The Voice appears in a whirlwind of electricity. "Come now Amun, that's a bit too...religious a phrase, don't you think?" She chuckles, her smile bright and unwavering. "The components I asked you to acquire are not for some ritualistic purpose...not to prove yourself or anything so silly. They are things I need to root myself here in Torchline. Elements of the land for me to...integrate with, you might say."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun grinned as the Voice appeared. All the sorrows lifted from him as he basked in the presence of their goddess. Still, he couldn't help but chuckle at her words. "I'm here to build a shrine for you and you told me to bring seven of us to pray. I figured a little piety and faith were appropriate, given the circumstances." However, he inclined his head to let her know that he understood her point.

Gesturing at the elements that she'd spoken of, he smiled. "Regardless, we brought what you asked." He glanced over his shoulder and indicated his fellow Ascended. "All of us gathered here and more besides." This was a group effort more than anything he'd done. She'd just been gracious enough to entrust him with the task.
AMUN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
sometimes we break so beautiful and you know you're not the only one
i breathe you in so sweet and powerful
The Voice appears, and Rexanna’s verdant gaze lifts to meet their goddess – a soft yet brilliant smile crossing her face. And she settles in while the Voice and Amun speak, a soft snort leaving her nose at the mention of it – because it certainly did seem to have some sort of aspect of that. After all, it was a shrine for prayer, why not add some hint of religion within it.

Still, her gaze drifts between Amun and the Voice once more as her brother speaks, a dip of her head in agreement that they had helped – because she’d hauled her weakened body out here to try and help Amun gather those rocks that sit there for the Voice to integrate with.
like a wildfire burning up inside my lungs
i'm burning up, i'm burning up, i'm burning up
REXANNA

Change author:
"I think you'll find I never used those words." She corrected with a small smile. "There will never be a posture of fealty required to gain my attention. No special words or phrases to bend my ear, no offerings that must in place before I will appear to you. You are my children, my bright ones. Ours is not a religion, but a family." The Voice added softly, before looking at those around her.

The water from the geyser rose, mixing with the encantado blood. It suddenly became electrified; blue sparks shining through the reddish liquid. This was poured over the porous volcanic rock in a whirl of what now looked like electrical fire. Burning and sparking, this strange amalgam was applied to the cloud manta stone, snapping the crystal and soaking up the essence within.

When the light and the dust settled, the Shrine created by her children had appeared. It looked as if it had already weathered many a storm, as if it had always been a part of the landscape.

"I am well pleased with all of you, more than words could say." The Voice said, electric stare roaming over those assembled with unfathomable love and appreciation for their efforts.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Chuckling again, Amun nodded. "Understood. And thank you." His tone was admiring and pleased, and he couldn't to gaze at the Voice with adoring eyes.

However, his expression grew awed as she shaped the materials he'd provided, creating something beautiful and powerful before their very eyes. When she finished, he realized he'd gone entirely still, not even breathing. Taking a deep breath, he grinned as she complimented them all again, turning to sweep his eyes over those who'd gathered. "I want to thank you all as well."

Then he glanced back at their goddess. "And thank you, always, for making us bright." The words were reverent.

Pausing, his posture grew almost awkward and his voice was hesitant. "While you're here, I wanted to let you know I met the Luminary of the merfolk, Maru. He has expressed an interest in meeting you, but can only do so in his waters." The potter cleared his throat delicately. "Would that be something you'd be amenable to, and if so, how would I arrange it?"
AMUN

Change author:
"What would you think the benefit of that is?" The Voice wondered, looking to Amun. "Is there anything you think I might say, over and above what you might? What any of you might?" She glanced around. The Voice was unlike the other gods in this way, that she wasn't some trump card to be played. What was honest and forthright with her children, and in that respect, they could easily speak on behalf of their kin without needing to conjure her up.

But then, perhaps Amun had something else in mind?
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Hesitating for a moment, Amun gave the Voice a calculating look. "Access, information, and potentially an alliance." Pausing, he glanced over at Wessex for a brief moment. "The merfolk guard their waters jealousy. While I am more than happy to speak on your behalf, an appearance by you would go a long way towards securing safe passage to and from their city, as well as through their sea."

Taking a deep breath, he took a moment to let that sink in. "Moreover, the new Governor of Torchline is a devotee of Ludo, who hates our kind more than most of the old gods. It might be prudent to secure allies in this land so that we can further our goals here unimpeded." Then he bowed his head. "But obviously I understand if the answer is no."

Raising his head again, he gave her a much less formal and much more thoughtful look. "Besides, what if there are mermaids who wish to Ascend as we have?"
AMUN