Personal Quest doctor's borders
Glas Westfall
Crafter

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i would have bled out if you told me you liked the color red
He starts to try and lay out the foundation, focusing intensely on it that when Weaver speaks, he jumps a small amount and almost drops one of the pieces he’s using for the foundation. “Y-yeah.” He manages, trying not to stumble over his words more than he does. “The Westfall shop.” He covers himself again, making it easier to talk though he doesn’t look at Weaver. “I made… Some of the glasses for the Kraai.” The fancier looking ones, the ones with swirls and hints of etching. Those were his, and he was proud of how they’d turned out.

But he notices despite it all that she is far better at this than he is, having taken ages to get just his amount down. And so he tries to focus harder and be less distracted, trying to quicken the pace while ensuring it’s still up to standard.
GLAS
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
I receive the note from Loren with a pleasant surprise - after I had learned that there once was a Healer's College in Caido which had recently been shut down from Jigano, I was at a loss as to what I could do to help remedy this. While my passion would always lie with the healing and care of animals, my knowledge and practices are easily applicable to humans as well. And, here in Caido, many were Attuned, and so had forms that were animalistic as well. It was easy for me to justify, to fit this vacancy - just as soon as I was made aware of how exactly to achieve that.

Errands had to be done for my landlord first, however - without him I would probably be sleeping on the street, and by that I mean, frozen solid. I am grateful to the kindly man, and so I complete his errands for the day before heading towards the location Loren's note identifies.

"Sorry I'm late!" I say as I jog towards the group, a friendly smile upon my lips as I look at the gathered. "Hi," I say to those I have not met yet. "I'm Chuy," I offer a grin and a wave, before turning to Loren. "How can I help?"

Chuy arrives late and asks what he can do to help :D
Chulane
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Weaver
Time is the substance from which I am made.
Time is a river which carries me along,
but I am the river;
The foundation laying goes shockingly well, unlike normal which has nothing to do with bad dice rolls, and she finds that it goes well. Though it probably shouldn’t, because she’s rather distracted by the boy who seems to nearly jump out of his skin since she’s talking to him. Come on, she isn’t that scary, not that she doesn’t wish to be that scary in some ways. But really Weaver was a whole lot of bark with some bite, though today, she was not carrying the scythe. Though there were knives around her waist, she looked far less scary without that wicked blade.

”Oh, yes,” she grins at him. She’d dealt with someone else for the trade, but his statement places his face at least. ”They are fantastic glasses, thank you.” She is actually very pleased with the glassware, a thing that it is perhaps to be pleased with, but she’s quite fond of them. ”A good glass really does make a drink look better. Stop by sometime. First one is on the house. You can see your work in action.” Her voice is pleasant and friendly, and she continues to lay the foundation as she talks.

Weaver pauses for only a moment in her task, looking up as yet another familiar yet not familiar face appears. This isn’t all that weird for her, given that she’s either out of the Citadel hunting or working on the Kraai. She’s used to not knowing as many people as her brother did, though maybe in time that would change with the Kraai. ”Weaver,” she offers in return to the new man, and then gets back to work on the foundation. Loren would give the other man a task soon enough.
it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger;
it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Nah, it's because she heard you were skulking about and wanted to avoid you at all costs. The teasing was lighthearted and friendly, and grew easier and easier the more time they spent together. As Chuy arrived, Loren glanced up from his work. "No need to apologize! The more the merrier."

As the newcomer asked how he could help, the healer glanced at the snow, but Korbin had been industrious and managed to clear up the rest of it all on his own. Then the Launceleyn glanced towards Weaver and Glas. In a role reversal, Glas' careful efforts paid off and he got a decent chunk of what remained done on his own. Perhaps resting on her laurels a bit (or maybe just tired from all the work she just did), Weaver only managed to get a little done. However, it was enough to lay the last stone in place.

Which left Loren with nothing to do but instruct them all on the next task. "Now it's time to start working on the walls. I figure we can each take one wall, and we can have one pair?" He glanced at them to let them figure it out. As they sorted themselves, he pointed at the stones already cut, along with the mortar to seal them together.

No post order!

Korbin manages to clear out the rest of the snow
Glas and Weaver finish the foundation
Loren instructs them to begin working on the walls
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
Don't put your happiness in other people's hands
See? He was perfectly able to do a good job. Don't let the case with the pillows fool you. Korbin had spent the better part of his life doing odd jobs, and was sufficiently capable of most basic tasks. No artisan by any means, but adequate.

Once the ground was clear of snow and the foundation laid down, he headed for the section of wall he'd been tasked with erecting. It still felt quite ridiculous that they would be building an entire house on their own, but since Loren seemed serious about it, he kept his mouth shut and piled stone on mortar like a good boy.

"She's just shy because I'm so damn good looking," he returned smugly. Because naturally, keeping his mouth shut didn't mean he couldn't still throw quips at Loren.

-----
Korbin snarkily starts building up his section of wall.
They'll drop it
KORBIN
Glas Westfall
Crafter

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Honestly, the little grin that Weaver gives him does alleviate some of the fear within him. The fact that she liked them does too — even if it still made the anxiety eat at his stomach. And he keeps working, one ear toward Weaver as the foundation is laid out. “I-I plan to.” He agrees quietly — because he’d asked Korbin the same for fixing the lute, to go and see what it was like if and when he got the chance. “Thank you.” He manages, quietly, but still a small smile creeps on the corner of his scarred face.

The newcomer is relatively ignored by Glas, keeping his attention onto the foundation the best he can, avoiding all the eyes around that might end up landing on him. But he does offer his name up quietly. “Glas.” It’s quiet, but there’s a nod toward Chuy and that’s all he has to offer before Loren tells them about the walls. This is when his gaze lifts finally, focusing on the idea of taking one. But the idea of a partner has him somewhat worried, and he moves to his own wall internally hoping that nobody else joins him. He’s not good at small talk no matter how much he tries to be.

Glas picks a wall and starts working on setting it up!
GLAS
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Weaver
but I am the river;
Were they seriously building the place from scratch? Apparently, because now they are building walls. Walls. What the fuck, Loren? There wasn’t an abandoned building somewhere to be used instead? Though she keeps her mouth shut, willing to help her friend, even if he was being a little over the top in this particular endeavour.

Since there would need to be a pair, Weaver goes to her brother. It’s logical, or perhaps she just wants to annoy him. This was actually probably the worst idea, because she suspects they will get nothing done. Well, that may be less true since she can’t talk to him. It grates on her that Loren can when she cannot, honestly, though she doesn’t let it show.

Instead, she settles in with Korbin and sets to work. They can be quite the team when they put their minds to it, two halves of one greater whole. Maybe it would actually go well.

Weaver goes to help Korbin build his wall.
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
I am relieved when my tardiness is overlooked, when I am ultimately accepted, welcomed just for showing up with a willing mind and body. I cannot hide my enthusiasm, my keenness to get in and assist in whatever way helps. I nod as Loren gives his instructions for what is next needed, my gaze following his pointed gestures to the supplies, idly admiring the work that had already been completed.

It is good to be among likeminded individuals, though I barely know them, I find some comfort in the fact that we are all here, all working towards a single goal. I had taken mental notes of the names of the two I had not known before, and as Weaver follows Korbin, I follow Glas, blissfully unaware of the boy's introverted desire to work alone.

"Are you comfortable with stacking the bricks?" I ask the young boy, my face friendly, as I look over the barrel of mortar that is near this wall. I lean against the stick that is in it, loosening the mixture up. "You stack, I slap some of this on it, and then you stack again, yeah?" I offer, before grabbing a tool and scooping some mortar down for the first layer of bricks to go.

Chuy proposes a method of working with Glas on building the wall, and gets started laying the mortar.
Chulane
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Maybe if Korbin had been a little less snarky, he would've made more progress on his wall. As it stood, he didn't get far. Thankfully, Weaver more than made up for it. Between the two of them (mostly her) they managed to construct about two-thirds of the wall they were working on together.

Glas, perhaps due to his background, managed to make some decent progress as well. He managed to finish a little under half of his wall all on his own. Chulane was less successful, but he managed to make get pretty far on his own, finishing a third of his wall.

Loren, on the other hand, got a bit too cocky. As he went to pick up a stone, his grip wasn't nearly firm enough, and he promptly dropped it on his foot. Growling against, the pain, he shifted the rock and healed his foot, making no progress on his wall in the process.

No post order!

Weaver and Korbin managed to construct a little under 2/3 of their wall
Glas managed to construct a little under 1/2 of his wall
Chulane managed to construct a little under 1/3 of his wall
Loren didn't manage to construct any of his wall
begin at the beginning
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
Don't put your happiness in other people's hands
Korbin called it a win when Loren didn't respond to his quip, and spent a good amount of time gloating about it to himself, without really doing much about the wall. It was tedious work, and Weaver seemed weirdly enthusiastic about it, so he gave her all the space she might want.

Which apparently was a whole heck of a lot. Gritting his teeth against the idiocy of this whole project - there was a perfectly good school building on the palace grounds already, couldn't Loren just make a deal with his cousin or something? - Korbin began to put his back a bit more into it, hopefully before Weaver called him out on his slack.

Not that he would actually hear it, but she was hounding him so much lately, he would really rather not give her more fuel.

----

Korbin puts his back into it and keeps building the wall.
They'll drop it
KORBIN
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
It isn't long before my muscles warm up from the work, and the frosty climes of Halo are repelled by the warmth my own body generates. I had already shed my larger, thicker leopard seal coat - now I shed my next layer, a smooth, dark leather coat - leaving just a couple of cotton layers over my body.

The progress we make is quick, though I feel inept next to Glas - the boy is a workhorse, focussed and determined. I catch my breath for a moment before continuing my work, laying mortar and sorting bricks against the wall.

I hear a growl from over where Loren was stationed, and look over to him. By the time I realise what has happened and go to enquire, however, the man seems to have healed himself. I huff a small laugh to myself, smiling - magic. Definitely something I am keen to learn more about - and so I continue pouring all my efforts into the task before me.

Chu keeps on building~
Chulane
Glas Westfall
Crafter

Change author:
Of course, he can’t be left alone. That’d be too easy, wouldn’t it? Glas begins to stack the bricks, hearing the question as the man slips over. He turns a small amount to glance toward the man, nodding his head in agreement that he is comfortable with stacking the bricks and gets to work on it. “Yeah. I-I can do that.” He offers Chuy, ducking his head down to focus on the task.

And his wall starts to go together relatively well. He glances over to see how Chuy is doing, sees how far he’s come along in comparison. He inhales a shaky breath, focusing on his words to try and not stumble and stutter over them so much. “You can stack them… And then fix their lines later.” A little pointer, because it would take some time for the mortar to stick and settle and begin to harden – there was time to readjust.

And he focuses on his wall once more, stacking and trying to build the rest of it up.
GLAS
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
Weaver
but I am the river;
The building goes surprisingly well, probably because she can’t talk to her brother. All she can do is elbow him, though she doesn’t do that either. No, for once, she just leaves him alone, only nudging him for a bit of help when she could use his rather tall hand. She’s very aware that he’s sick of her pushing him, so what happens when she doesn’t? Maybe that would work better.

The wall goes shockingly well, though she needs a ladder to continue. She collects one, climbing up and down to lay the bricks. It’s not ideal, and maybe she should just be handing them to far taller Korbin, but she can’t actually suggest that very easily, so she sticks to the stupid method.

Weaver keeps building the wall.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Thankfully, they all seemed to be getting the hang of this. In particular, Chulane, perhaps taking Glas' advice to heart, manages to construct pretty much the entirety of the wall the newcomer was working on all on his own. He even managed to move on to another wall and make decent progress as well. Between that and the craftsman's efforts, they got a decent amount done on the next wall.

The sibling dream team finished their wall as well. They moved on to the next one, the one Loren had been working on. Between the three of them, they managed to get it about halfway done.

Pausing, the healer glanced around at what needed to be done. "Once we get finished with the walls, we can work on the roof. However, I'd also like to put a door in the Palace wall there, and make a small covered overpass connecting the two buildings." He nodded at the Palace wall closest to the building they were constructing. He'd already checked, and there was no problem putting an opening in it. "That's probably a two person job."

No post order

Two of the walls have been completed, and the other two are halfway done!
Two people need to work on the door and the over pass, while the other three finish the walls.

Korbin was very successful this round, and made a lot of progress on the walls
Chulane was incredibly successful, and finished his wall and made decent progress on another this round
Glas was not that successful, but made some progress on the walls
Weaver was very successful, and made a lot of progress on the walls
Loren was very successful, and made a lot of progress on the walls
begin at the beginning