New Faces Every Day
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
Knowing he would be going to Torchline when LongNight came now and not staying the Hollowed Grounds, Sam was trying to visit some of the more stubborn Natural homes; he hoped to convince at least a few vulnerable members of Sanctuary to come with him to the refuge set up for them. Inevitably, there would be those who refused to leave their homes and all he could do was hope they would not become graves.

Rather exhausted after several difficult conversations full of 'well I've been here during LongNight for 40 years and I'll tell you--' he was done with talking about it for the day and was instead trying to go for a walk around the domiciles to clear his head, thinking he might just give up the rest of the day to a nap that he didn't need. It would be indulgent, but it might have made him feel better.

Stopping at the corner before his own home he sighed and leaned against a wall, placing his head in his hands as he sighed into them. It was evening now and he probably looked a rather pitiful sight, in a corner in a pose of despair, but he was more stressed than anything else, sure that the coming times would bring even more problems to deal with. He yearned for the flights he'd once had with Remi, the easy solitude of his book making. Anything but this position of responsibility.
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
d is for delightful and try
to keep your trousers up
Today she'd been at the training grounds, sparring with whichever poor soul would agree to it. The girl held little back when she fought, not that she'd injure anyone but few left her without a bruise. She two carried her own trophies from the day's practice, a nick in the cloth of her sleeve, red around the white fabric's edge. The soft autumn breeze kept her chilled enough to keep her mind off it, pain always brews thicker in the heat.

She was on her way back to the manner, taking a longer route than usual to think and breathe in the night air. The residencies she passed were closing up their doors for the day, the sun hailing it's last few breaths before night fall. A figure unmoving caught her eye, leaning at a corner in a rather uncomfortable looking manner. The closer she got she realized that she'd met him before, back when she'd helped build Oliver's forge.

This was the ginger with the golem, the rather small one who obviously was more experienced than he appeared. She waved, and offered her curious concern, "Are you ok?"
i think you should know you're
his favorite worst nightmare
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Looking up at the sound of a voice, Sam recognised Aisha vaguely; he had seen her at Oliver's Blacksmiths though had not learnt her name (at least not well enough to remember). Embarrassed to have been caught in a moment of tiredness given he was meant to be a functional council member to represent the Naturals, he immediately put on a bright smile and nodded. "I'm fine. It's just been a difficult day."

Desperately wanting to take the topic off of himself he held out a hand towards her. "I know we met before. We should be properly introduced, though. My name is Samuel Wordsworth. You are one of the new Outlanders...?" He asked, pretty confident in that assumption: it was rare for him to meet a Natural he had not seen at least a few times before.
SAMuEL
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
to keep your trousers up
The bright smile was unexpected, considering the wallowing he'd been doing just moments ago. Though she knew of it's sort, the horror of being caught off guard while going through it. It'd happened to her once or twice since arriving in Caido, her reaction wasn't nearly as sunny as his. She was one to hiss and ward away a query of concern, rather than embrace it.

She nodded in understanding, glad that nothing more than a rough day was the matter, and offered a soft smile in return. He then introduced himself, extending a hand to her. She took it, lean fingers wrapping around his palm for a quick firm shake, "Aisha Khai, and yeah it's been almost a month I think. Kinda lost count," she said with a light chuckle.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam shook Aisha's hand then took his own back and clasped them before him. "Oh, I see. Very recently, then. Are you settled well? Have a place to sleep?" It was shocking, how long it took some of the Outlanders to acclimatise to life in Caido: he'd sometimes found them months into their stay with no lodging, job or idea about the world. Hopefully Aisha was better situated.

"I work as the Advisor for Naturals on the council, but I can still help you with something if you need it to help you settle in." He offered with a smile.
SAMuEL
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
to keep your trousers up
Aisha, thankfully, was rather well situated. She'd been lucky enough to stumble upon Oliver, who happened to run the manor, and had been offered a room there. And she'd been lucky enough to stumble upon many others who happened to be willing to share their knowledge with her, making the transition easy. She had no idea how truly lucky she was for it.

"I think I am, I've been staying at the manor with Oliver," she replied with a nod and a smile. Normally her place of residency wasn't something she'd give to a near stranger, but seeing as she'd partially met this man before and he seemed trustworthy enough, she let it slip. Samuel was the natural advisor, Aisha made a quick connection and replied, "That's really sweet of you, I'll let you know if I can think of anything. I think I've met your counterpart, Jigano. He's helped me a lot."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam had not heard of nor really thought about the Launceleyn manor in some time and certainly did not know that Oliver had moved in: he responded to this news with a slow blink as it sunk in. "Oh. Is it...just you two there? It used to be that Loren took in anyone and everyone at one time, or so it seemed." He'd never stayed there as a housed natural of course, but there had been rumours and talk as there always was in small towns.

"Yes, Jigano is very helpful." While they'd had their differences in the last while, Sam knew Jigano worked hard and would help the Outlanders in his care to the best of his ability. "I'm a part of the Loreseekers, his guild. ...Have you found yourself interested in any of the guilds available? They can provide a structure here few other things can."
SAMuEL
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
to keep your trousers up
Aisha knew that the manor wasn't technically Oliver's, she'd gotten in the bad habit of calling it as such. He'd told her about how it was the Launcelyn's manor, a family she'd heard briefly about, that apparently relocated to Halo. Or something. "People come and go, but Oliver pretty much runs it now," she replied, unsure of Loren's situation so unwilling to misinform.

The girl hadn't put much thought into joining a guild, nothing had yet caught her eye but she wasn't opposed to it. "Not exactly, I was more of a fighter back home, so I've been thinking about helping with Deimos and the militia, maybe joining them. I've trained at the grounds quite a bit since I came, came from there now actually," she replied, motioning to her sword that swung belted at her hip.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
"I...see. I didn't know he had so much...responsibility, I suppose." With the Blacksmith shop and the manor, Oliver seemed to be moving up in the Hollowed Grounds: perhaps he was someone to bring up at the next council meeting. It was good to know who was a big name in the town.

Sam hadn't expected to hear that the pretty sunny seeming woman was intending to join Deimos' militia, though he supposed he shouldn't judge from appearances (and not everyone could be such a stoic soldier as Deimos was). "Oh, wow. I don't think I'd be bold enough for that. That's very honourable." While he liked to think he had other talents that were worth just as much, he'd never been good at force or violence.

"Do you have magic?" He asked, wondering if Deimos was helping her to use those skills in battle too; it would be good to know there were more Abandoned in the town, thinking of Evie and those that needed the company.
SAMuEL
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
to keep your trousers up
Aisha chuckled at his comment about her chosen field, rolling her shoulders, "Well I haven't decided just yet," she assured, "but I do want to do something meaningful. And with a sword." Of that she felt certain, always most confident when looked upon as a warrior, and not just a beautiful woman. Perhaps she was a bit of a fame seeker, perhaps not. Aisha just wanted to be the hero, that much she'd known since she was very young.

"No, but apparently on this world shifting is a form of magic so, kinda. I'm a shifter," she explained, then wondering what Samuel might be. Curiosity tugged open her lips, "Do you have magic?"
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
"Meaningful and with a sword..." Sam repeatedly quietly, an amused smile creeping onto his lips at the words. Not that it wasn't possible to do something meaningful with a sword, plenty of people did, it was just a funny way to put it. "Then I hope you find your quest, or whatever it is you'd like to do." Of course, quests in Caido tended to be difficult, deadly and not at all heroic, but that was for her to discover on her own.

A shifter. Realising she was Attuned, Sam was a little more anxious to give his own race, knowing that those especially close to the Old Gods might not be keen at all on Ascended. So to keep it vague for the moment, he shook his head and pleasantly smiled. "No, no magic for me, nor shifts. I'm afraid I've never been talented like that. What shifts do you have? I've seen people turn into all kinds of wonderful things."
SAMuEL
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
to keep your trousers up
Sam repeated Aisha's words, a smirk pushing to her lips. "When you put it that way," she joked, nodding then as he wished her well. "Me too," she agreed softly.

Somehow his answer surprised her a bit, he was one of the she'd met without any magic or shifts. And something about him had led her to believe otherwise, maybe it was the beard, but she'd definitely gotten wizard vibes off of him. He turned the question back to her with ease, Aisha responding with a hint of pride under her tone, "Leopard. Where I'm from you can only claim one shift." It was different here, but not an unwelcome change. She personally couldn't wait to unlock further animals, even though her leopard skin would always be her attested favorite, close to her heart.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
If Sam had known he was giving off 'wizard vibes', he would be shaving his beard within the next ten minutes; he liked to think it was more 'distinguished gentleman'. Thankfully Aisha did not actually say her thoughts on his facial hair out loud, neither did she ask anymore questions about his specific powers or abilities.

"A leopard! Do you know Amalia?" He asked, immediately reminded of his sister. Of course, it was probably rather silly to think all leopard shifts must know each other, but he thought if they met they could be...leopard friends. Sam realised he had no idea if Attuned did that. "...Can I ask you a question? Do you like being a leopard...more than being a human?" Maybe a bit much for a first meeting, but his curiosity did have a tendency to override his politeness.
SAMuEL
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
to keep your trousers up
I would consider wizards very distinguished gentlemen, especially the powerful ones. Sam gave off the very distinguished vibes of a powerful wizard, the beard can never go. Aisha would agree, she quite liked the neat way the ginger did his do.

"The baker? I haven't met her but I've heard about her," she replied, unaware that the other woman had a leopard shift. She linked the two together and asked, "Is she a leopard too?" She was a bit taken aback by his next question, it wasn't something she considered often. Where she was from you were so connected to your animal that the forms often felt like one, here though... things were different.

"I don't know, I guess not? I like both the same," she said, mulling it over as she spoke and coming to her conclusion.