an ounce of prevention
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
"Sounds lonely." However, Loren sent a pulse of understanding towards Kiada, since he knew more than a little bit what that was like. As she mentioned Deimos and Hotaru, and her mother, the healer gave the mercenary a curious look. "Who is your mother? And what is your relationship to Hotaru and Deimos?" He found himself quite interested to hear the answer.

As she brought up her siblings, his expression grew sad. "I still have my twin, thankfully, and my half sister. But my oldest brother and my full younger sister...neither of them are here. And my parents..." Voice trailing off, he shrugged, grief momentarily etching itself onto his features.

However, he took a deep breath and banished the dark thoughts. When she brought up names and words he didn't recognize, he shrugged apologetically. "I don't know what that means." Smiling a bit, he glanced back at their luxere. "Astra means star." Astra had obviously pressed herself against Auni's side, and it got rid of the last of the healer's lingering sadness.

Grinning, he winked at Kiada. "I told him she was priceless." Taking a sip from his cider, he let out a huff of laughter. "How much trouble am I in if I say yes?" He smirked at her.

As she mentioned that she used to have magic, he awkwardly shifted his weight from side to side. "Do you...do you miss it?" A bit too abruptly, he turned to lead her to the next destination.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 4667
if through some miracle, you are granted the chance to see him again
whether in this life or the next
Glacial eyes focus on Loren as the question leaves his lips, her own quirking into a smirk. “Rexanna is my mother.” She explains with a knowing look. Then, tilting her head consideringly. “Deimos is a father figure since mine left. And Hotaru is my aunt.” She explains, pleased with the result before her smile falters a small amount at the mention of twins.

There’s a small tilt of her head to that as she considers it. “I have a twin too. Somewhere.” She doesn’t know where Kianzo has gone. Or anyone else for that matter. So she settles to explain about her father, focusing on the pathway ahead that they take and sipping lightly from the drink when they pause. “Oh, Dorobo was the neighboring country to Korofi.” She raises a brow as she looks over to Loren with that, wondering if it fills in the gaps enough.

But then, all of it dissipates as soon as he tells her that Astra was priceless and she rolls her eyes with some amusement. “Of course you would.” She chimes with a light huff before shaking her head. “And you’ll be in a lot of trouble with that answer.” She gives him another rogue grin, another laugh leaving her. But then, she focuses on the arcane academy once more.

Sometimes. Other times, not so much.” She shrugs to that, flashing him a small grin.
you are, and always shall be, his
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
As Kiada explained her relationships to those she'd mentioned before, Loren cleared his throat almost delicately. "Got it." There was a slight flush to his cheeks, and he ran his hand through his hair.

As she brought up her twin, he sent a pulse that was equal parts sympathy and understanding towards her. "I know what it's like to miss your siblings. And your twin." Despite the fact that he'd been reunited with Neron, and despite the fact that their relationship was less than ideal, the healer meant that.

Nodding as she mentioned Dorobo and Korofi were neighbors, he smirked. "Let me guess. Your kingdoms didn't get along." He spoke in a wry drawl.

Snorting, he shrugged. "I might be the most powerful person in Halo. Besides my brother, of course. I'm not particularly afraid of retribution." Granted, he'd actually said that Astra wasn't for sale, but the rest of what he said was true.

Again giving her an understanding look, he continued to lead her through the halls. "Probably the best way to feel about it." With that, he pushed open another door, revealing a modest library.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The slight flush to Loren isn’t one that Kiada pays too much attention to. Instead, she focuses on the pathway they take ahead, letting the conversation sober a small amount, a small smile forming on her lips. “Can’t change the outcome, hm?” She shoots a look toward Loren, shrugging as if it didn’t matter much.

The mention of kingdoms is far more fun and Kiada chuckles lightly to that, smirk growing and forming a bit more. “I never went there, but yeah that’s basically it.” A huff of a laugh leaves her before she shakes her head to it. That’s how it always ended up, huh? So instead she focuses on the next topic, her lip curling into more of a grin with that.

Is that a theory you want to test, Loren?” She teases him, a wolfish grin forming in place of the smirk. But he opens the door to the library as they speak of magic and her head tilts back to take it all in. “I used to be able to summon fire tornados. And I used to be able to summon creatures made of it.” Those were the fun ones. “But when I went to the Rift, my magic changed. I could bathe myself in flame if I wanted, though it erupted from my spine.” She turns her icy gaze back on him.

I also had armor embedded into my spine too, and when I’d use it it would pierce my body as it folded to cover the rest of me.” She wonders if he’d known that based off the layers she always wore. What other secrets lay hidden beneath the layers aside from the X etched into the side of her neck.
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Shrugging at Kiada's comment, Loren sighed. "Rarely." However, where once upon a time he might've sounded bothered by that, now he just accepted it.

Grinning, he raised his eyebrows at her. "Again, if I say yes, how much trouble am I in?" Again, he didn't sound particularly worried at the possibility of someone coming after him.

His expression grew more serious as she listed all the abilities she used to possess. Humming thoughtfully, he nodded slowly. "Those last two sound painful." Once more propping the door open, he gestured for her to take a look at the volumes in the library. He'd already explored most of them, but he'd wait patiently for her to explore.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She accepts it too, because she’s already mourned everything she’s lost. It doesn’t do her well to keep mulling over it and the things she could’ve changed to keep them at her side. It helps keep her mind clear enough to focus on the now. Like the grin he gives her that she gives back, edged with a sharpness that has her smirking lightly. “A lot.” She winks, imagining it's more than likely one that will be taken out in training more than anything.

But she lists out the magic she used to wield, walking along the rows of books. One hand outstretched to linger along their spines as she reads the titles in passing, focusing on the amount of them, imagining she’ll likely spend a lot of time here. At his comment she looks back over to him and smirks, amusement pulsing through the bond. “And that’s exactly why I said I missed some of it.” She offers, removing her hands from the books and getting a good look around before coming up beside him again. “But gods did I look badass.” Another chimed laugh leaves her as she goes through the door he props open.
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren smirked at Kiada. "Good thing I kind of like trouble." Tone teasing, he raised his eyebrows at her. He was very curious to see what she'd feel about that.

Watching her wander through the library, he grinned. "For what it's worth, you look pretty badass without your magic." He didn't have any trouble complimenting her, especially not when it was true.

Although he was willing to give her as much time as she wanted to peruse the volume, he nevertheless cleared his throat politely. "Let me know when you're want to move on." Smiling, he turned to watch Astra continued to be delighted as she played a game of tag with Auni.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
There’s a hint of chimed laughter that accompanies his own at his comment, a playful roll of her eyes as she looks back to him with a light smirk. “You don’t seem the type.” She replies easily, cocking her head a small amount, wolfish grin coming across her face once more. “Or is that your alter-ego when the shades are on?” She teases once more, wandering along the books and focusing on the spines of a few that catch her eye.

His comment has her snorting, pulling at a book to read the cover of it before she places it back and pins him with a particularly amused look. “It’s the scars, isn’t it?” She winks, before moving onto another book, pausing to look around at the rows of them. His question is met with a slight nod, moving along the row once more until she pauses and looks back to him with a light smile. “So how many of these have you actually read?” She raises her brow, smirking. Auni meanwhile, darts toward Astra in his game of tag, hoping to touch the other luxere on the leg before bolting away in the opposite direction with a loud excited bleat.
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Raising his eyebrows, Loren just gave Kiada an amused look. "And just what is that supposed to mean?" Granted, he knew his skin was free of scars. That, and the fact that he was bundled up against a cold he didn't feel hid his muscles, gave him a soft look.

Then again, he preferred when people underestimated him.

Letting out a huff of laughter, he just winked playfully at her. "Only one way to find out. I'll save my shades for the training, don't worry." Tone teasing, he narrowed his eyes almost challengingly at her.

"Oh, absolutely." When she asked how many of the volumes he'd read, he glanced around the room. "All the way through, or skimmed?" Shrugging, he rubbed the back of his head. "The former, very few, the latter, most of them." Astra gave chase, bleating excitedly as well. Eventually, she nudged Auni with a hip. Then the healer's companion pivoted neatly and darted back the way she'd come.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
You know exactly what it’s supposed to mean.” She teases him, chiming a huff of laughter as she focuses on him a bit more as he laughs and winks toward her. And gods, she should have expected an answer such as that. She gives him a wicked grin, a tilt of her head as she considers it. “Good. I do like a challenge.” She offers him back with a wink, stepping a bit closer toward him as she airs her question of the books, gesturing with a scar-flecked hand toward the books.

She wonders if he’s being honest when he says that he has. And when he clarifies, it makes far more sense, and she laughs lightly to it with a tilt of her head. “Ah, see, there it is.” She murmurs lightly. “Perhaps I’ll have to come seek you out for the good novels while I’m stashed away in here like a sardine, hm?” A bounce of her brow to that, before nodding to insinuate that she’d done here if he wants to continue the tour.

Auni begins to bolt away from Astra in an attempt to get as much distance between the female luxere and himself, before he feels the light velveteen brush of her nose against him and he skids to a stop – hooves clacking against the floor as he spins and gives chase again.
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Grinning, Loren folded his arms across his chest. "That I look like a soft goody two-shoes that's never broken a rule in his life?" Tilting his head to one side, he gave Kiada a taunting look, albiet a friendly one. Then his smile turned into a smirk as she mentioned enjoying a challenge. "Me too." Indeed, he once again looked and sounded excited to test himself against her.

Grinning now, he just shrugged. "You expect me to drop everything just because you're bored? Where's the fun in that?" He shook his head, clearly amused. "Plus, I've found the best way to enjoy a book is to be surprised by it." Letting out a huff of laughter, he gestured for her to exit the library before leading her to the next stop on their tour.

Astra dashed past him. Then, of course, she spun, making a quick and tight circle around the mercenary and the healer, hoping to throw Auni off her trail. Smiling at the luxeres' antics, the Launceleyn just led Kiada up to the top floor of the Palace.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
He folds his arms across his chest and Kiada snorts lightly at the sight and the words accompanying them. “Something like that.” She winks to him before settling. “But I already know that’s not entirely true.” A playful grin crosses across her face, head dipping lightly in agreement to the training for when Deepfrost hit, excited to get the blood pumping through her veins again. So instead, she focuses on the next words that slip from her lips, of seeking him out.

And she audibly laughs, a loud and brilliant sound. “Oh, I do expect that.” She offers with a grin back at him as she moves toward him, lifting her hand to pat his shoulder with it as she lets her icy gaze lift to meet his face. “And that comment sounds surprisingly boring.” She snorts, nose wrinkling lightly with it before she passes by him and Auni darts to try and follow through, circling their legs while they walked – trying to come to a complete stop and whirl around to try and boop Astra when she comes around the bend once more.

Kiada, meanwhile, continues to focus on where Loren takes her, having abandoned her cider glass somewhere and feeling relatively content with the light burning of her stomach and the lightness it brings her.
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
"So exactly that." Tone amused, Loren grinned to let Kiada know he wasn't upset by that characterization. However, when she went on, he raised his eyebrows. "Oh? Is that so? And how, pray tell, do I fail to live up to that?" It was an open invitation to explain exactly what rules she'd seen him breaking.

Snorting, he just shook his head. "You'll have to convince me it's worth my while." Grinning, he winked playfully at her. "You're the one who thinks I'm something other than a boring goody two-shoes," he pointed out, though his eyes glittered with amusement.

Astra wasn't expecting Auni's strategy. As the male luxere booped her, she let out a bleat. Whirling on her hind legs, she spun to try and catch him right back.

Seeing as the healer had also finished his glass, there was a pleasant warmth spreading through him. Still, he was in command of his faculties as he led the mercenary to the soldier's portion of the Palace, complete with training grounds. "I trust this is fairly self explanatory." Besides the training grounds, there was a mess hall and a barracks.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
You’re arguing it right now.” She teases him back, offering a laugh to that before she’s watching as he shakes his head. A feline grin crosses her face as she pulls her braid from over her shoulder to fall along her back, slipping over toward him to keep letting him guide the tour. “Oh, I have to convince you now?” She pulses her amusement down the bond, grinning toward him. “And what would a boring goody two shoes have to do that’d be more fun than helping badass me find something to waste away the time?” There’s a gleam of challenge in it, filled with amusement as she shifts toward watching the Luxeres for a few moments before she huffs a quiet laugh as Auni croons as Astra immediately boops him back – trying to spin again before he spins out and pauses with a quiet pant – blue gaze watching Astra as she darts away.

And Kiada follows Loren dutifully, soaking in each turn and curve of the palace as they come across the training grounds – brows raising slightly as she focuses on everything it has to offer. And it’d certainly do well while she was here. It would also certainly do well for her to hone her skills while she has nothing better to do. And there’s a light snort that leaves her as she nods to Loren – stepping out into it to try and get a better view, light on her feet as she practically bounces over across the grounds. “I really like this space.” She chimes, turning back on her heel toward him with a grin.
KIADA